It's Zelda: Breath of the Wild webm time!

It's Zelda: Breath of the Wild webm time!

Can we have a discussion about Zelda without talking about graphics? I know they are awful, but I'm still excited for the game for reasons I will show you

>physics

>hitboxes

I seriously think GTA SA looks better than this turd

I've been wondering if that would happen. I love it.

Wish he could blow out the fires of the Bokoblin's sticks.

>Shield broke that quickly after "badly damaged" message popped up
What a load of bullshit.

could change

Nice physics on the cube bomb.
It actually rolls like a dice, instead of simply stopping because "lolcube".

That's how it should be. One warning that's it.

Your greentext implies that the hitbox is bad, but in reality that's actually pretty awesome.

I meant it in a good way

>approach enemy however you want without worrying about muh stealth skill or whatever

>grass isn't set on fire
anyway I'm hyped to finally not have to wear the stupid green tunic

Landing on it probably deals a lot more damage to the shield than normal so its not surprising that the warning was so quick.

>quickly
>able to reach the bottom
That shit should have broken earlier if anything.

keep in mind the wii u has a known issue with colour saturation output, especially when using a capture card. This issue became notorious amongst /xcxg/ as it's very noticeable in Xenoblade X - luckily, you can easily workaround it by increasing the saturation on your own TV/monitor screen, which works absolutely fine as the colour's there it's just displaying in a really low saturation due to some technical error or whatever.

Of course, no problem with it giving one warning. I have a problem with it being so quick after that warning.

It's not dry. Green grass isn't going to catch fire just by being touched by a burning stick. The fire actually should go out, if the wind is strong enough to push the goblin away.

holy shit, mix this with the glider and I can already see so many god damn speedrun skips it's not even funny.

>dat detail

Need I keep going? Got some more

>Need I keep going?
Got any webms that aren't blurry as fuck?

"Set things on fire + ride up on the hot air to gain height" is going to be speedrunner's dreams.

no :

>dat AI

Who's that fighting in the background?

Not as impressive as the other stuff. WW had enemies back away or run from bombs.

Both are NPCs

Is this the gay Link lust thread?

WW had good enemy AIs for when you took their weapons (altrough BotW seems to have it too, remember seeing a skeleton using anothe skeleton's head as a weapon in some footage.)

>tfw Moblins fucking deck you if you approach them after disarming
Too bad the game was too easy

Darknuts could fight Karate if barehanded (with legit Karate moves)
Stalfos would tear one of their arms off to use as a nunchaku if you took their maces.
Fun stuff

I guess it's official that Link won't be a girl in this game then

>positioning is so awkward they have to jumpcut to the success

>Physics puzzles
No thank you.

>implying physics puzzles aren't great
Even better when you cheat the system

I actually laughed

>speedrun

Links never been a girl in any game.

but can we finally do this?

>retards getting rekt

It would be Legendary if we could quite frankly tbqh with you senpai.

> retards getting rekt

Saddly the shield would probably break, maybe if there's some indestructible shield.
I really want to see someone do this and then climb on the bouder before it takes off

I will not fall for the switch meme since there will be literally no other good games. However BotW has decent if a bit aged visuals and what appears to be incredibly fun gameplay with lots of interesting mechanics, ways to explore and traverse the world, and some ok crafting and equipment rpg elements. What do we know about the story, dialogue and NPC interaction? The world seems a bit lonely and empty, but with that many ways to explore its actually a good counterbalance

>moar retards getting rekt

Basically nothing yet...We saw Link interact with the old man and some kind of bird person but that's all. Trailer showing a dog made people think you can get pets (and also Wolf Link amiibo)

That thing seems legitimately hard to kill when you're fresh. I'll probably spend a stupid amount of time trying to kill it early.

nice

The latest trailer showed a pretty big town and NPCs fighting alongside you.

where does this footage come from?

That one is stationary, should be pretty easy

pretty sure i saw a video of someone doing that. they flew up with the boulder but then of course fell in the chasm and was dead but i don't know whether or not they died when the boulder took off

No, in the Game Awards trailer they showed off towns and other people

I bought a WiiU to play one game and returned it a week later after I beat it. Probably doing the same with this game and the Switch.

Isnt this worrysome? Or do you trust nintendo not to release a void open world simulator?

Also if they get megaman legends 3 exclusive on this thing I will fucking buy the switch even if it is dumb. Two great exclusives

E3

It looks like a game from 2004
This is a compliment

It has a fuckton of HP and does a lot of damage though. It looks easy to not get hit but doing damage is the issue.

From the LOADS of Treehouse E3 footage. Most of it is up on Youtube but it is very boring 'cause they're playing in the same area for 10 hours. Also, there is only 1 decent gamer and he only gets like 30mins of stream time

Something happened in the past, Hyrule was destroyed and ancient mahitek ninja percursors were wiped out of the earth. A hundred years later a ressurection machine in one of their ruins give birth to a copy of one of the heroes of ages past. Nobody knows why, or how or for what.
Going by Aonuma's interviews there's a plotline to discover what happened, but it's entirely optional
We saw minimal footage of one town (they removed all NPCs bar one and all towns from the E3 demo). One NPC is voiced (as in, speaking in english), but most of them won't be.
Towns were said to be "important" to the plot. But given that supposedly you can just skip the whole game and go fight the final boss as soon as you like I dunno.

no, that footage was not at E3 - I watched the entire thing and neither that blonde chick nor that footage was in there

Shut up and post Kass already

Are you sure? there was more than one day of it.

see all the other Treehouse footage you've posted I've seen, but I never once saw that one except for that webm.

I know it's probaly an unreasonable thing to ask, but if you could find it that would be great.

>ZELDA ISN'T CASUAL ENOUGH WAHHHHHHH

I was talking about NPC interaction though, as others have pointed out footage has been shown of towns and guards/NPCs fighting alongside you

It is 100% E3 footage. There's 15 hours of video up on the Nintendo Twitch, most of it Zelda

What? So like MM but without having to best the temples? I.e. you have access to the final boss all the time? What the hell do you do if you actually beat it early? Are we getting alternate good/bad endings here?

Savage

sorry, i looked for it before i made that post but i couldn't find it. i can't even remember if it was a webm i saw on here or on youtube. it was off-tv footage of someone playing the E3 demo

Nobody knows.
Aonuma just said (paraphasing) "there's a story, but if you wish you can just go and beat the game. You need to be a good player to pull it of, but I designed the game to be like that."

nobody knows man. even what aonuma said about going to the final boss from the start was very vague.

k

Never seen it

I love the zelda OoT, MM, and LttP and replay at least one of them about every second year or so. Havent touched wind waker, twilight princess since I never had GC or wii, and I hear skyward sword is pretty bad. Why do you think Nintendo has been so adamant at hiding NPC and story? Is it perhaps too little contentwise+? I.e too short and therefoee spoiling? I remember MM and OoT having tons of sidequests which is something you can safely show, or is it KEEP IT A SECRET memeing?

This looks hilarious

i heard someone say cold water kills you quickly but that's god damn nonsense

Naked runs are gonna be fun

Despite there being over a fifty hours of game footage on Youtube we actually saw very little about everything. It's frankly weird.

This looks like it would be really annoying

they only had a heart and a half when they went in

It's probably the latter...they did the same with Skyward Sword, and then they gave us some trailers that misled us.

Besides the open world has been such a marketing focus they probably just want to show us that for now. I am confident there are going to be many sidequests seeing as the many influences they take from existing open world games.

Wait, you mean he designed a boss that will rape the shit out of you if you didnt take your time to do the story and powerup? This actually sounds pretty awesome. A boss that grows weaker with every story element you solve, or you grow so much stronger from equipment and hearts. I mean as long as its not High HP and High Attack AI designed to merely make it impossible, instead of mechanically challenging. Ganondorf/Majora on 3 hearts was pretty difficult

That's why there is a cube-shaped bomb too

I'd imagine after the massive Smash 4 leaks Ninty has made it a priority to keep info locked down tight.