Looking back, Melee had a pretty hideous art style

Looking back, Melee had a pretty hideous art style

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2016/01/31/dufl-sources/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It looked kinda plastic-y especially the trophies.

I like the lean bowser look.

I think that was the intended effect since the intro shows Mario getting reanimated from his trophy form

>literally the best bowser design
>hideous

neck yourself

nintendo used that shader for a lot of their games

Bowser looks pretty great in Smash 4 though. Reflects his less angry side that's shown in games like M&L and Paper Mario.

>thinking its even decent
>using edgy phrases like neck yourself like a 12 year old

Kill yourself

> best bowser design

>best Bowser design
>literally looks worse than Mario 64 concept art

His model is not the best but Melee still reigns supreme among the others

Calm down DJ Nintendo

If I had to criticize Sm4sh Bowser, I'd say his pupils are too small. Just looks off.

The Nintendo hardware is always shitty

Sm4sh Bowser has this very irritating ability to make me feel like something's off compared to normal Bowser whenever I look at him. Maybe it's the pupils like you said, but it kinda bugs me.

Looks like a faggot

Yeah but, reanimated from a plastic trophy to a plastic fighter? That's not really an excuse for how the finished models look nor the edgy art style

Yeah it did, characters like Yoshi and Young Link looked weird. The cast was really half and half, some looked great like Fox/Falco, Peach, and others looked like shit.
The stage designs look pretty nice still, though, love fountain of dreams.
Brawl still looks shittier imo.

>modders haven't managed to port Fountain of Dreams to smash 4 yet

Fun Fact: Giga Bowser is how Sakurai saw NES Bowser

sourcegaming.info/2016/01/31/dufl-sources/
>The old Bowser was scary. In the NES era, characters were more symbolic, so you had room to use your imagination. When I looked at the original Bowser, I saw a frenzied, terrifying monster.

>But, advancements in technology have allowed designers to convey characters in greater detail, and in recent games his image has steadily become cuter.

>Naturally, this is a current game, so it needs to use his current design. And that’s how Giga Bowser happened to come into existence.

>To be fair though, Bowser and Giga Bowser are separate characters.

At least brawl is less autistic

Can't deny that, but brawl has the edgy art style

Remember when DK was made of wood?