Jesus christ why does this game get as much praise as it does? its fucking awful

jesus christ why does this game get as much praise as it does? its fucking awful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nDHfBwyXjCs
youtube.com/watch?v=JAqo0g74zUs
youtu.be/nMaOPytadLU
youtu.be/RhvlrZizCSc
youtu.be/i4z4rDeZuus
youtube.com/watch?v=HChQzeoH1Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=OVDdSpfU-TA
youtube.com/watch?v=hEMji0nr0tg
youtube.com/watch?v=OWH9droDoaU
youtube.com/watch?v=RI6vkyyK4Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=zXqADqlRE8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its a 14 year old platformer.

What did you expect.

shut the fuck up you idiot

Sounds like somebody just got to that fucking minigame with the fucking crabs.
Don't worry, it gets better after that.

ratchet and clank came out the same year and didnt have nearly as many glaring issues as this does

No, i just beat clockwerk. that entire final level was fucking aids

better

Oh, well. I can agree with that, the final area is trash.

The first is shit, 2 is the masterpiece on par with Jak 1, Going Commando, Crash 2, and Spyro 3.

i sure hope so. i bought the hd trilogy for like $11. this first game was just fucking awful in like 95% of its aspects

Sly 1 was just a fun little platformer with mini games. Stop trying to make it more then it was suppose to be

On the first playthrough, Sly 2 is the best one in the series, but strangely the first is the best on repeats. Fewer BS minigames and one character's moves for the devs to design around.

Post pic

>Fewer BS minigames

The first game is like half minigame, and none of them are good. The vehicle-focused ones are passable, maybe, but not good.

everything else that it tried to be was dog shit
>music is unforgettable in every single level aside from the main hub which is so obnoxious that youll never get it out of your head
>voice acting is worse than fucking 4kids
>incredibly sensitive jumps that dont work half the time
>almost every powerup is useless
>boss fights incredibly unimaginative and have nothing to do with thieving
>EVERYTHING is a one hit kill, you and enemies
>half the minigames werent even good
of the game, case, receipt? which

>b-b-but it's old
Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank shit all over it.
Sly was garbage.

your choice plus we praise the second sly not the first

Sly games aren't supposed to be fun. The focus of the series is on stressful sneaking missions that end on shitty boss encounters and cheesy one-liners. That's the appeal of the series and people love it. Play a better platformer like Persona 3 FES on the Sony Playstation 2 faggotry?

>play a better platformer like persona 3 FES
but i couldnt beat the first boss in FES after 3 hours of grinding and sent the game to my younger brother for christmas

>white

Figures your cracker ass would get butthurt over a kid's game

>i-its a kids game, that means it cant be bad!

>>incredibly sensitive jumps that dont work half the time
meme

>>EVERYTHING is a one hit kill, you and enemies
good

just like proper stealth games

That's a big hand.

Just play 2

Sly Cooper isn't bad. You're probably just bad at it, or expect something more visually and scenariorally exciting, like a modern AAA game. Back in the PS2 era, especially the early PS2 days when games were closer to PS1 mechanics with "next-gen" graphics, something like Sly 1 was an above average platformer. Does it translate well to the modern (born in 2000) gamer? Probably not. But these HD remasters are made for existing fans and dumbasses that will buy anything that's dangled around in front of them with a score of 85 and above.

But 2 is objectively worse than 1 with that open world garbage.

Just get out of my face

This, pretty much.

not really?
if nothing else you cannot argue that the music or the voice acting is even remotely good

because spyro had good music and good voice acting?

that's literally when they threw decent, slick level design out the window for bigger and less interesting maps, along with being forced to use two shit characters

Sly Cooper died after 1

in comparison? yes

youtube.com/watch?v=nDHfBwyXjCs

Actually, yeah, the voice acting is decent, especially on Sly himself. You have no idea how bad VAs can get if you think Sly 1's acting is bad. It's cartoony, but Sly is a cartoon game.

WAIT

WAIT WAIT

THERE'S AN HD TRILOGY?

FOR WHAT PLATFORM

No

>asks what platform
>responds to the post with the picture showing what platform

He's a big guy.

Yes

I played the trilogy on PS3 for the first time 2 years ago and it was some of the most fun I've ever had with video games ever, I literally played all 3 games in one non-stop go

youtube.com/watch?v=JAqo0g74zUs
here's something that sounds like it shouldve been in a sly level

youtu.be/nMaOPytadLU

its a bit dated, but it still is pretty charming.

I liked it because of this scene

What's the last time you went outside?

Shitty Sup Forums doesn't let me upload with sound, so this will have to do.

>this first game was just fucking awful in like 95% of its aspects
why? because you are bad?

OP do you also think Crash games (the original trilogy) are shit?

when the fuck was this? is it an unlockable scene?

Don't encourage him please

ive only played one of them when i was like 5

>not getting the hidden ending

Because it's a good game and you have bad taste

i finished with 78% because i didnt care about bottles until i realized they gave additional moves when i accidentally got the time slow. i havent back tracked yet or done any of the timed runs

>music is unforgettable
You're right
>voice acting is worse than fucking 4kids
You're an idiot
>incredibly sensitive jumps that dont work half the time
Stop being bad at games
>almost every powerup is useless
Alright I'll agree to this
>boss fights incredibly unimaginative and have nothing to do with thieving
There's no possible way to do a boss FIGHT that involves being a thief
>EVERYTHING is a one hit kill, you and enemies
Welcome to platformers
>half the minigames werent even good
Good thing there aren't many of them

>>EVERYTHING is a one hit kill, you and enemies

>scenariorally
Narratively.

spyro and ratchet werent 1 hit kills. cant remember if jak was

Jak had a health bar, but it was quickly depleted after the first game.
I feel like game scenario and narrative are two different things.

The real and important question:

Which VA was the best for Carmelita?

My Vote goes to the Second game

>spyro

Never played spyro but it wasnt?

youtu.be/RhvlrZizCSc

sce·nar·i·o
səˈnerēˌō/
noun
a written outline of a movie, novel, or stage work giving details of the plot and individual scenes.

SPYRO wasnt killed in one hit, and a few enemies had shields so you at least couldnt one shot them instantly

oh ok

I thought this was an okay track
youtu.be/i4z4rDeZuus

nar·ra·tive
ˈnerədiv/
noun
a spoken or written account of connected events; a story.

youtube.com/watch?v=HChQzeoH1Hc

Man, when this track hit...I knew this was going to be a good game

Nah, she's really awful when you put them side by side. Not in terms of accent, but inflection and emotional acting. Sly 1 had the best actress.
lmao. Connotation brah. In the gaming industry, scenario refers to the events taking place within a map between entrance and exit, like an encounter with a group of enemies. In terms of narrative, that's virtually inconsequential.

>In the gaming industry, scenario refers to the events taking place within a map between entrance and exit
Are you just making shit up? I have never heard this.

I know for a fact that scenario for Japanese developers refers to the story (although usually specifying dialogue). The role of scenario director is tied specifically to the narrative of the game.

And I have never once heard a Western developer use the term "scenario" this way.

i dont think this is a scene from the first game user

2>4>3>1
Ignoring the stories and focusing purely on gameplay.

my nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=OVDdSpfU-TA

this shit is fire familia

My favorite Sly game is Sly 3.

Me to

The original game is very experimental and very much a product of its time. You have to get back into the mindset of a bunch of people who were coming down off of games like Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot and Banjo Kazooie.

Sly 2 is where the series really found itself. If you want to see what all the fuss is about that's really the game to play, but if you have the patience it's worth it to play all the games in the correct order.

youtube.com/watch?v=hEMji0nr0tg

What on earth are you talking about

She sounds like a weird mixture of Slav/Spanish accent in the first game

youtube.com/watch?v=OWH9droDoaU

It's from an animated short Sony released to promote Thieves in Time. You should watch it.
youtube.com/watch?v=RI6vkyyK4Lc

good lord theyre all terrible. 2 is the least terrible in terms of acting but she isnt the latina furry i want

I'm so sorry user.

Sly 4 Carmelita's voice is boner-inducing, like she's about to angrily ride your cock at any moment.

The Sly series has outright bad platforming, combat, and stealth. And a third of the time you're playing minigames which are usually worse than that. You'd have to have not played that many games to think that the circle button gimmick makes for good level design the way they implement it.

>Sly 4 Carmelita's voice

Awww yeah boy

i'd watch the fuck out of a full sly series in this style

the platforming isnt TERRIBLE but good lord the combat in the first was vomit inducing

>giant meathead dog that wants to rip your throat out
>uses guns
>guns are somehow destroyed by smacking mirrors
>giant crocodile voodoo witch that raises the dead
>entire fight is a rhythm game for no fucking reason
>only actual fights in the entire game are the frog (which makes no sense at all and he was never mentioned to be a frog) and the panda

What the hell are you talking about? Those are just arbitrary platformer boss fight puzzly fights. Shit is the norm. I'm talking about just fighting enemies in Sly 2 and 3.

The original Mario and Sanic are 100 years old and still good

mugshot couldve involved STEALING one of his guns and shooting him with it for some damage and the croc fight couldve involved an actual fight

Me too. Sly Cooper is such an underrated franchise.

>(which makes no sense at all and he was never mentioned to be a frog)
Uh, I know you didn't skip the intro cutscene for his chapter because the cutscenes are unskippable

So did you leave the room or black out or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=zXqADqlRE8g
4:55
>Sir Raleigh the FROG

The minigames are trash but the platforming sections and boss are good

The Clockwerk sequence was pretty cool though, and in a way kind of terrifying.

i guess i just forgot about it
terrifyingly bad
>he just keeps saying "IM SMARTER UR DUM" in a half robotic voice
>all he does is shoot purple shit and random rings
>makes no sound when being thrown into the lava
>carmel lito says she's going to bust open his armor but just shits lightning on him for a few seconds

>dissing clockwerk's voice

I love Clockwerk as a villain, conceptually.
Like, imagine hating someone so hard that you forgot to die just so you could keep hating them.
Sly 4 wasted a huge opportunity not having him as anything more than a cameo.

It's Grey DeLisle, isn't it? That's a voice I can't forget, having grown up watching so many cartoons.

>Like, imagine hating someone so hard that you forgot to die just so you could keep hating them.

Kojima did it better

I agree OP. I was suckered into buying the HD collection a few years back. Sly 1 is so fucking shit I have rarely been so disappionted by a game.

It feels like they tried to make a Crash Bandicoot clone, but then made it non linear with a 3D camera, and due to that the level design and enemy placement is just shit. It feels like an awkward mix between PS1 and PS2 tier platformers that doesn't work.

People tell me Sly 2 is better but after playing the shitfest that was Sly 1 I couldn't be fucked with the rest of the series.

Also that fucking LOD and draw distance, Jesus fuck, big objects just popping into view everywhere and stuff disappearing if you walk more than 5 meters away from it. Why didn't they fix this in the HD version?