Please stop hating this game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKyvAjoIvAI
youtube.com/watch?v=IXD11oZosn0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5U2LnBYqH8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqrL3hteqiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UtPKmQ6NkmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only reason I don't hate it as much as I used to is because FF13 exist.

I liked 10-2, 13-2, and especially 13-3 though

You sound like that one guy that used to make FFX hate threads earlier this year. Why do you suddenly like the game?

Nobody hates that game, you fucking idiot. It's one of the most beloved FFs in the series and is generally considered "the last good one" (I disagree on this).

I don't. It's either my favorite or second favorite FF.

Actually it's considered the death knell in retrospect.

If Blitzballs are weapons, more versatile ones at that, why doesn't Tidus use one since he's better than Wakka?

>Nobody hates that game
I do.

It's a fucking terrible game in spite of having a lot of things going for it.

I love it.

But you can see the death of the series in it:
>laughably easy
>corridors, the game
>limited post game content

The only reason it is so well liked is because it has a great atmosphere, great characters, and a great story.

because swords are stronger than blitzballs but wakka has sword PTSD because his brother didn't use a sword and got merked, duh

Is there where we pretend FF games were ever hard?

>Best combat
>best leveling system
>interesting story

one of the best FF games

>great atmosphere
Fair.
>great characters
The majority of the cast is woefully underdeveloped and shallow, even by Final Fantasy standards.
>great story
Not on your life. The Tidus/Jecht relationship is strong, but the core story is all kinds of fucking bad.

It's the beginning of the end not because of the three major points you made, but because of the far more concerning and encompassing fact that the entirety of the game's design was compromised for a story that wasn't even very interesting.

>Best combat
>best leveling system
>interesting story

one of the best FF games.

That scene is endearing though.

I don't quite get why people hate it. I understand not liking it, but hating it? Come on now.

If you never played the game and just watched the scene, I could easily see someone coming to the conclusion the game is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKyvAjoIvAI

Listen to my story

i liked X

then X-2 goes full retard. i still love X-2 though. it's just disgustingly sweet is all.

youtube.com/watch?v=IXD11oZosn0

and then we get some dumb jpop song for X-2 as the opening

Here's your (You)

whats going on here

I was serious though.

It's entirely possible to get the scene and still dislike it.

I get it. It's intentionally awkward. They're covering their pain by laughing awkwardly, and then they laugh for real. It's still a really dumb scene that's as subtle as a brick to your face and I really could have done without it.

It is better than that abortion that was FFXII.

>tfw you will never bang Yuna while submurged in a lake

FFX suffers from "My first Final Fantasy" syndrome almost as hard as FFXII does. Basically, the game is totally overhyped (thanks to obnoxious fanboys)... and when it doesn't live up to said hype, people instantly rag on it.

Personally, I think the game is good. Its by no means the best, but still a solid game.

Tidus and Yuna looked so damn good in their CGI cutscenes. They look awful in the remaster.

Okay, but how did you feel about the game in general? Yeah, you had a 2 minute scene that you didn't like.

But surely you liked this scene ya? Like at some point you liked the game ya?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5U2LnBYqH8

>remaster
jesus dont remind me

>corridors
has towns, and a bunch of side paths in dungeon areas, puzzle parts for the temples to get the summons and lets you run around past locations albeit via menu not flying around a world map

Definitely not like 13 at all

>literally just a reason for Squeenix to put new water engine in a game
>realized they had to actually have a story and not just water gameplay
>used scraps from every other FF
Besides Blitzball theres no point to play this.

It's not bad but the characters absolutely sucked. The tiny amount of summons sucked. And the final battles sucked. You basically couldn't die.

>Squeenix

Squaresoft made it though. The last main Squaresoft game. The last truly great Square game.

I liked 13 though. But it's not great like Squaresoft games.

GUYS PLEASE STOP HATING FFX

Theres a 13-3??!?!?!

And yes, X-2 is patrician tier

NEVER

Why do people hate FFX anyway? Is it just the story people have a problem with?

plz one of the better ff now if only everyone would stop hating 12

>X-2 is patrician

YEAH!

Nah. The story is fine for FF, and the characters are great, the game is just way shorter, and more linear than any FF before it.

Yeah, lightning returns

So which one is Xlll-2?

I'll stop hating on this game when the game stops
>being the biggest grindfest in the entire series
>having the most bullshit quests for the ultimate weapons
>having such a poorly written story
>being a hallway collectathon

I don't even give a shit about the meme. It's just a chore to play.

But FF games have always been pretty linear (or at least the ones I've played) Traversing the overworld gives the impression of nonlinearity but there's still a specific order of events that the player must adhere to to reach the end of the game..

The writing and VA is tragically awful, if anyone enjoys the game for its "story/characters" you need to read a good book

XIII-2 is the one with Serah and SMT-lite demon companions. Better combat wise than XIII but the story is pants on head. The game's tone is really different too.

>Okay, but how did you feel about the game in general?
It was my first Final Fantasy.
I absolutely loathe it. There's good things sprinkled around and I like certain aspects of the story, but it's just straight garbage as a story and as a game.

>But surely you liked this scene ya?
That was WAY after I had lost my patience with the game. It didn't strike a chord with me at all.

I read good books all the time.

I like X's story and its characters

This scene is GOAT aswell

youtube.com/watch?v=NqrL3hteqiQ

But it's my favorite in the series.

It was the last good Final Fantasy game. 15 might be good I just now started playing it but the series as been total shit since 12.

Anyone else think the biggest problem FFX had was that Seymour Omnis wasn't difficult enough compared to Flux or Jecht

youtube.com/watch?v=UtPKmQ6NkmI

I finished playing this game for the first time last week. Pretty good, but the ending seemed rushed. I felt like there should have been a segment where Tidus along with everyone else discover the dream stuff together and Tidus explains it as well as what may happen after they defeat Yu Yevon.

Instead they skip all that and Tidus just leaves.

Poor Wakka still doesn't know what the fuck happened.

Define "good."

>Best combat
>best leveling system
>interesting story

one of the best FF games.

He knows enough that he should wipe out every last Al-Bhed.

It wasn't a big problem, but it certainly was disappointing. Flux to me is the hardest main story boss.

its a linear game but every FF is pretty much linear if you think about it

I think the plot was pretty bad when you think about. TheSpoonyExperiment made the best rant review of it and it very well shows how bad some moments are. But
I really hate that it also gets so much undeserved hate. The battle system and soundtrack and cinematics are EXCELLENT. And people hate on the HAHA scene because the laughing sounds stupid but I think it's a really heartfelt scene and you know it's meant to sounds stupid. The point of the scene.

People also hate on Wakka, like his "haha, like happy festival fireworks, boom!" comments when Rikku's city gets blown up. But that's some of the best writing in the game. Wakka is (in a very realistic way) a complete racist who simply doesn't see the al bhet people as human so he can not emphasize with them. Like a racist might not get any feelings from seeing a video of a black person dying. Wakka learns to like Rikku and become a better person and that's brilliant.

So some really good things about the game, some really stupid stuff. It's ok, nothing more.

Those sand blasted grease monkeys!

I loved this game when I played it at 13, but in retrospect that was because I was just overwhelmed by the production values. People don't remember how much of a step up from the previous FFs X was.

>actually good 3D graphics
>everything voiced act

We didn't notice the corridorfest at first because we just assumed it would open up eventually, up until it was over. Pure style over substance. I wouldn't recommend it to modern players.

With all the flaws, there's one thing that I think is the BEST writing in all of Final Fantasy and it tends to completely get over the heads of people who love OR hate the game.

And that's the fact that Tidus is NOT the main character.

He constantly japs on about this being his story and what not but it's Yuna's story. During the whole game, Tidus NEVER understands that completely. We see the suffering of Yuna through the eyes of this insensitive, naive brat who just thinks of himself for most of the game. And I understand how easy that is to piss off people.

But I'm sure it's an intentional risk. It's one of the most interesting way I've ever experienced a story and it would not feel the same if Yuna was the player character. Because now you have to THINK to actually find her story and see the subtext of how hard her life is.

I just wish the game was 20 hours shorter, didn't have they trial-and-error -puzzles in the temples and had a bit of a better pacing. Combat is amazing though.

People hate x-2 not X.

>actually good 3D graphics

Keeping in mind that FFX came out in 2001 it looks pretty incredible and holds up pretty well

I liked X-2. I managed to look past the entire story and the lack of other party members

The scene before this where Auron sees the afterimage of him, Jecht and Braska is even better.

I can't I'm sorry, but hey it doesn't suck ad much as 13 does.