What games best emulate this feel?

Just saw Rogue one and love the cool characters and the exotic planets.

Bummed that there isn't a tie in game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TvAIy6Go7iA?t=275
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mass Effect 2 ending with no extra shit done so you all die?

>the cool characters

Oh yes Darth Vader, C3PO, R2D2, Storm Troopers, CGI Princess Lea, CGI Grand Marth, the big guys that stomp and stuff like on the ice planet...
And who could forget Chinese man, leading woman, brown side character or le funny robot man?

All these creative and new characters, I was amazed!

What a refreshing film, it sure is great to see Disney taking risks with the Star Wars license and not doing prequel tier garbage

>GUYS DO YOU REMEMBER FUCKING STAR WARS LIKE WHEN YOU WAS KIDS AND SHIT????

It would be cool if someone could Mod Legion to look like K-2SO.

Donnie Yen was so based!! So was K-2SO.

>exotic planets
>green trees and blue sky

Fuck you.

WE WUZ KIDZ 'N SHEEEIT

I liked the robot, even if he was kind of a generic sarcastic englishbot

>people loved TFA but call R1 a soulless cash-in based on nostalgia

Battlefront 1 Kashyyyk Docks and Yavin 4

>people

oh you mean the same retards that flogged to the theater to see this shit and couldn't help but ejaculate all over their popcorn when darth vader appeared on screen?

>DUDE LOOK AT HIS LIGHT SABER

>filmmakers say the movie "took inspiration from the Vietnam War"
>takes place on Planet Vietnam
>Ewoks getting their fur burned off by napalm
>All Along The Watchtower plays during the opening crawl

I went in expecting to hate the movie but I kinda enjoyed it.

I found TFA to be the worse movie.
R1 is pretty good.
TFA was a rushed mess.

Why do the TIE fighters not have Shields
How is the Falcon a Freighter when it barely has enough room for passengers
Why didn't BB8 just transmit the location of luke to the resistance base and self destruct

You can thank reddit letter media for that.

>member Chinese Man?
>ooh yeah I member! and member brown side character?
>yeah yeah i member! dat was fantastic

fuck off with this shit

season 20 was fucking garbage that tried to make itself memorable with retarded shit like that

Rogue Squadron 2.

There is even a beach planet mission (that is hard as fuck, thus emulates the suicide mission aspect of the movie)

I saw it today as well. It was alright. The first two thirds were boring as fuck but it ended very strong. It needed better actors. Everyone complains about the characters being bad, but they're fairly well written for the most part, the problem is everyone's performance is extremely dull.

>tfw started my Star Wars with KOTOR2
>then onto KOTOR1
>then decided to watch movies
>liked prequels more because they seemed more like KOTORs

>the prequels seemed more like KotORs
I am genuinely confused by this opinion. You roam the galaxy in a not-Millennium Falcon and other designs like the Republic ships clearly take inspiration from OT but its more like the prequels?

Theres the Battlefront Rogue One DLC I guess

While gameplay is shit and all its still the best visual impression of the film locations and most graphically beautiful Star Wars game we've had in a while.

I have a question for you, Sup Forums.

Would you take George Lucas pumping out new Star Wars films and adding more edits to the Original Trilogy every year for 21 years, in exchange for a new, legitimately great Star Wars vidya being released every 3 years?

>member when south park use to be good?

>yeah i meember

Easily, the unedited movies are out there and over the years the games have been the best thing to come out of star wars anyway.

I don't get it.

Out of all the material possible, why the fuck did they choose deathstar plans? Nobody ever gave a shit. What the fuck are they even doing?

tfa was shit, too. ro was less shit, sort of, but still a different kind of turd. I wouldn't even care about the race of the characters either if they didn't keep waffling on and on about how multicultural they are being, which really defeats the fucking purpose now, doesn't it?

>everyone is people too!
>except for these people, they are less people than whites
>so we need to put them in (((white))) people roles so we can show non-whites really are people too!

How tolerant!

I still think that the games have a lot of good shit in them, and they could have used any of that for this piping hot diarrhea of a story. I just want a fun adventure with memorable characters, action and

>Would you take George Lucas pumping out new Star Wars films and adding more edits to the Original Trilogy every year for 21 years
I liked Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith well enough and I only watch the despecialized shit so hell fucking yeah.
Hell maybe he would even change his mind about the OT edits and just release the originals. A lot of shit can happen before he dies, maybe even after he dies one of his kids can share that shit with the world. I think they're a little bit brainwashed by Georgie boy so fat chance, but it would be possible.

I guess they made the characters forgettable so you won't get attached to them.

They all die anyway.

The only good part of the movie was the ending Darth Vader fanservice. I would pay for a Darth Vader-centric movie killing rebels n sheit.

Planetside 2 does a good job of capturing huge battles in beautiful landscapes.

Just be prepared to grind if you want to advance.

Jesus, what a jaded faggot.

I liked seeing Tarkin again. Wished he sounded a little more pompous.

>Grand Marth

literally me

The entire cast was OC donuts, none of the cast felt forced like TFA, the movie paints the Rebels as more morally gray than the Black & White of Lucas, and everyone dies in the end with the greatest accomplishment any of the characters achieved being a foot note on the rest of the series.

Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie since the Original Trilogy, and the cast with their flaws made them interesting.

>CGI Leia and Tarkin
Faggots like you would've complained if they had use replacements, or written around them anyways.

>Muh forced diversity
If anything we should have even more wildly diverse humans across an entire Galaxy that isn't based around the races on real Earth.

tl;dr:

You're a gay

>Out of all the material possible, why the fuck did they choose deathstar plans?
Because the entire Star Destroyer getting blown up by a single pair of proton torpedoes to the core with a convenient exhaust path leading to it makes no sense from a design standpoint and is something that been tried to be explained over the decades with fans constantly bitching about it.

Making it an intentional flaw in the design is actually a good retcon.

TIE fighters are cheap and expendable
See pic
no idea

This. I liked R1 considerably more than TFA. My kicker with it though, is with TFA being a shoddy retelling of IV, the whole "oh, it has a weakspot... here" feels kind of off when we just saw VII do that, yet here we are in a prequel to IV focusing on such a weak spot.

None of the cast were interesting since they were all one dimensional archetypes.

That said, I do agree that R1 is one of the best SW movies out there.

TESB > ANH >= R1 > RotJ > RoTS > PM > AotC

Fuck off shill.

I saw the redlettermedia half in the bag video as well, my friend.

Rogue One is a pleb filter and it filtered you out.

TFA is probably more of your speed, kiddo.

Havnt seen and probably wont. It just doesnt look interesting to me. More fucking plots revolving around deathstar? For fuck's sake...

Say what you will about the prequels but at least they were varied in both plot and setting

Empire At War

Careful not to choke on your aspirations, man.

How do the ships stop so quickly? It's in space, they would keep drifting

Halo Reach. Rogue One actually made me replay it.

They are drifting. And they just exited out of hyperspace nigga.

Welcome to star wars my good man

>decide to look it up
>they're praising VII

>None of the cast were interesting since they were all one dimensional archetypes.
And that to me is why I liked this cast, hell I can't even remember any of their names but they fill the roles perfectly
>Orso - generic lost/abandoned child longing for a parent's affection, in doing so finds a greater purpose
>Rebel Captain - Average man who believed in the Rebel Cause, performed necessary evils of the Rebellion, meeting Orso sparked his hope
>Blind Monk - Not a Jedi but a devout believer in the Force, couldn't actually tap the Force, but simply believed in it. Died as a tool of the force
>Soldier Buddy - Merc/Soldier friend of Blind monk, really just tagging along with someone he feels a need to protect. "Hard to believe in the Force when the Galaxy is such shit, etc etc"
>Pilot Defector - Average guy who can see the obvious evil that the Empire commits, sees his own actions as heroic, and part of a greater cause. He provides necessary skills.
>Snarky Robot - Snarky Robot

It made a great adventure out of a small part of the actual series,and somehow did it without any of the characters frolicking through a field of flowers.

Obviously I love stories about minor characters that aren't OP Coldsteel tier

Oh boy,if you love kotor. You'll love the space battle for rogue one

They do, those ships are exiting hyperspace. Basically dropping out of a wormhole into normal space, where they have the exact same momentum coming out that they had going in. Notice all of the ships are still moving, they only look like they stopped completely because they were going faster than light a few seconds before.

I'm with this user 100%.

What, you don't think Rey is charismatic as hell, you fucking fanboy?

This I just don't get, especially coming from these guys.

I watched VII before R1 and it just hit me that Daisy Ridley can't fucking act. She has the same expression every fucking scene.

I wish one or two of them had been a bit less one note. Mainly I wish rebel captain and female lead had been a bit less super stoic and depressed all the time. Really the only non stoic characters were Snark bot, and blind monk, and frankly they were the only ones who when they bought the farm made me feel sad a bit. Everyone else was just oh well that as bummer.

Star Wars is "space fantasy," not science fiction.
Nobody involved in the production of these movies cares about realism, and neither should you.

ayy niqqa you got that ending darth vader scene webm?

>Implying the monks weren't based as fuck
the Droid was cool too, I don't give a fuck about the rest.

That shit is LITERALLY Empire At War's space battles

Did anyone even like the monk? He seemed like such a meme character to me.

>Asian dude play by Donnie?
>KNOWS KUNG-FU LMAO

answer me the following, Sup Forums:

is it better than TFA or not?

i mean as a movie. i dont know or really care about star wars lore

I agree with you man, they tried to give Orso some development, but I'm glad they decided to keep the urgency and pace of the story. We could have ended up with a 30 minute interlude like in Episode 2, and for that I am grateful.

Also Soldier-Bro had the most insignificant and unnecessary death, but also understandable. A soldier or mercenary going out with one last big bang.

Yes, easily.

the scarif dlc for battlefront is.... awesome

It is way better, takes about an hour to get there though. The second half of the movie has some of the best action i've seen in a Star Wars film in years, Way better than TFA.

I always wanted a movie based on a single battle. I'm kind of scared to watch this since I'm hearing neaely everyone dislikes it. The Clone Wars cartoon had some really good episode arcs about specific battles, so I guess I've already been satisfied.

I tried Battlefront last night

Its a little too faithful, blasters are too fucking inaccurate

I liked him because his character is a believer in the force, but whether or not he is actually force sensitive or just acting based on intuition/practice.

His overblown combat scenes should have been dialed back though, but yeah he was kind of a "check out the kung fu blind dude" for normies.

he was a bit meme, but it fits because LOL the force so i wasnt going to get too mad at it. Plus he made the most small talk aside from snarky bot so you could get more of his personality than some of the other guys.

I kinda feel like maybe we could have skipped some of the beginning, and ditched part of the nonsense on Gedha (or whatever it was called jedi planet), possibly nixing Forrest Whittaker character in order to give captain guy, and Jyn some more character development/backstory.

TFA went for mass appeal by lifting ANH's story and HYPER CHARGING the characters.

Rogue One is slower paced than TFA for the first half. Pacing is also a bit choppy until they get to Jedha. Characters aren't really developed beyond what they have to do. The action is the best out of all the Star Wars movies.

Yet despite those flaws, I came out of Rogue One feeling satisfied whereas I came out of TFA feeling conflicted and not knowing if I liked it or not.

Pretty much this.

Maybe I'm wrong, but KOTOR and prequel had more lore than OT. Not saying anything about quality of it, but just amount itself. Then Clone Wars rolled out, and added shitton more.

If you going to have one of the leading martial arts guy you should use his talents

Dont fucking be like TFA and get Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep A. Rahman to do NOTHING with them

That's the second movie i saw because of Iko that i was disappointed by the actual lack of Iko

Fuck the Man of Tai Chi

Yeah, Forrest Whittaker and most of Jeddah could have been axed. He didn't serve a purpose really, other than to establish that THE Rebellion wasn't the only Rebellion going on, and even then we don't get much of a feel for it.

Captain Guy and Orso's introductions were most of the development we got for them, after that they are pretty much on rails to the end of the movie.

My buddy turned to me with the brightest fucking smile when they warped in. I was smiling like an idiot too.

[you]

Did Republic Commando invent modular weapons in Star Wars?

If so, you could say Cassian's modular gun is a nod to it.

youtu.be/TvAIy6Go7iA?t=275

How could anyone not enjoy the final moments where Darth Vader just wrecks their shit.

>based
>literally Sheldon!! BAZINGA!!!

You have to go back

Should have gotten some Dreadnaughts.

Do you have the vader scene

Sorry lads don't have that scene

TIEs are cheap and expendable. They also lack hyperdrives. The intent is to be a flexible fighter that is extremely distinct and can be easily shown, for the sake of intimidation. By the end of shit, the Empire was employing far more advanced TIE Defenders and Interceptors.

(you)

cause it was actually kinda retarded, it got played off like a god damn slasher flick. Like vader was Jason, or something. It contributed absolutely nothing to the film, and was god damn edgy as shit

Jyn also has a modular gun in Battlefront. Maybe it is a nod to RC, maybe it's just that the writers thought that modular weapons were cool.

>one of the most powerful people in history goes up against a bunch of terrorists
>expecting it to be anything but a one-sided massacre

i wish i could go back in time and fuck carrie fisher when she was 19

>Ancient Order of the Whills is still a thing
this and his end scene made me cum gallons

I'm really liking all of the references to EU stuff in R1. Disney is handling it pretty well.

My boy Admiral Raddius made it, right?

Right?

you guys are faggots

yes

GUYS, REMEMBER ADMIRAL AKBAR?????

REMEMBER RED LEADER STANDING BY????

WHO REMEMBER???????????????

I-I don't think he made it

POST YFW HAMMERHEAD

I love how these threads end up being about nothing video games and a thinly veiled "should I feel bad about liking the newest star wars movie" thread.

Literally every post is a review of the movie. (which i enjoyed btw) :3

You mean this?