Games you want to like really badly but can't

The music and presentation are wonderful, but I've never been able to appreciate the gameplay. I've tried getting back into this one numerous times.

Its sort of slow, have to speed up with an emulator. The fights are interesting in the beginning but because that's all you do the entire game you'll get bored easily. I think this is the sort of game that should be played once in a while.

Try the PSP version, it's great. I sunk 90 hours in it.

I can definitely appreciate the game, but I'm utter shit at it and ultimately don't have enough fun to encourage me to get better. Special runners up are just about all the DCS titles but especially A-10.

By the way I played the translated SFC version not the PS version like that image implied.

>tfw autistic enough to enjoy its gameplay

>tfw the first joystick I bought to play this game was defective

Waiting on a new one to give it a proper shot. I just want to fly Thunderbolts desu.

>not a Focke-Wulf

Hitler is very disappointed in you, son.

I'm about to go to sleep so I won't post any related images.

The first Witcher. It actually had a lot going for it, I put 20 hours into it. I especially loved the environmental design, the locations looked like they had genuine thought put into them. But I hated the combat, the sort of rhythmic sword attacks were tedious to me. I'm ashamed to say I lost interest and never picked it back up.

Trying to get into real flight sims with a joystick after playing a lot of mouse aim War Thunder realistic battles. Thunderbolt happened to be my favorite but is by no means the only thing I like

But as a true plebeian, I prefer the earlier radial 190s to the "Doras" and their "V" engines. I know they perform well, but they're longer and uglier in my opinion.

Try the Ogre Battle games.

I spent 70 hours playing the PSP remake, and I guess I'm autistic because I even grinded through the dumb woods area to level unique characters and get crafting materials. I blew through the end game effortlessly and it was a hell of a ride.

I really do want to do the other two routes and then Codas eventually, but holy shit do I need to let the game sit for a while after that. It is a really damn good game if you are into tactical games though. The story is also top notch for vidya and the music is amazing.

here. Same thing happened, I wanted to do the other routes but just had to put it down and take a break. It's been about a year now and I still don't have my Ravness. I'm afraid now I might've forgotten too much to just jump back into it.

Dishonored. Competitive StarCraft.

Just remember to spam crossbows and you will probably be fine.

Same, OP. The class system and all around mechanics turned me off. All I want in life is a good fantasy turn based strategy game with unique weapon mechanics, but the closest I can get is Shining Force and Fire Emblem.

I just can't get into mainline Dragon Quest games, but I love the spinoffs.

Legitimately and not fanboy shitposting, Zelda for me. Born in 87 and I have simply never beaten a single Zelda game. Clearly they are doing something right because it is a beloved franchise spanning decades now, but for the life of me I can never get wrapped into one. I remember renting OoT from Blockbuster back when that was a thing people did, and evidently I missed the magic somewhere along the way, because I remember getting the Master Sword , returning the game, and feeling no desire to complete after. And I bought Twilight Princess as a putting my foot down to beat one of the games, and I probably put a couple hours into it before giving that one up.

Gameplay is pretty basic on the snes, good for its time. You don't really need to get into it.

The PSP remake makes gameplay much more of an investment and so much of it is poorly balanced. You are underpowered unless you cheese everything until you get to the world where you are overpowered. Gameplay is only enjoyable for those autistic types that love to grind and get everything, playing the game like an offline MMO.

Twilight Princess sucked and I honestly didn't enjoy OoT either but at least I finished it. For me the 3D Zeldas are all varying degrees of failure. Try some of the older ones user, LttP is usually regarded as one of, if not the, best. The Game Boy ones were great too, Link's Awakening and the two oracles games.

The trick with Twilight Princess is to play it on the wii and get up to the fishing area and then just fish all day and say you finished the game.

All of Elder Scrolls but especially Morrowind. I want to see what my best friend sees in it but I never will.

For me it's pretty much every real time strategy game. I'm shit with a kb/mouse and never grew up playing them for I don't have a feel for the core mechanics. Too lazy to go back and learn them, I tried hard to get into starcraft, total war medival 2 and age of empires but I don't don't have the time and patience even if I think I would like them after the investment.

At least I'm good at fighting games which I know most can't play.

I hear some of the recruitable heroes are damn near impossible unless you use a guide. I'm looking at you fully geared Deneb from TO:LUCT SFC.

I played DQIX for a while, the music and aesthetic is pretty comfy. But I couldn't go on because of the combat.

If you didn't go through palace of the dead twice and farm items on every floor by looking at an excel spreadsheet, I'd say you're not that autistic.

The coda ending was pretty sweet though