Why haven't you hacked your 3ds yet?

Why haven't you hacked your 3ds yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/
smealum.github.io/3ds/
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
3ds.guide/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278558-legit-signed-tickets-3ds-games-installing-11-0-11-1-fbi-waithax.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I literally have

fpbp

/thread

Im not sure how to do it.

Im at version 10.6.0 so i assume its too late, even if its not, what exactly is hacking my 3ds going to let me do? What are the downsides/upsides?

>RX Tools

but i did

Already have.
I'm installing some CIA dumps to my other hacked N3DS right now.

I've been putting it off.

After I finish the Etrian Odyssey trilogy on DS I will.

>people are willingly handing over personal information to Nintendo via freeshop
>people are dumb enough to go online with pirated games
>Hacking a system that will no longer be supported in a matter of weeks
>Hacking a system riddled with shovelware and ports

I think I speak for intelligent people alike when I ask, Why bother wasting your time hacking a 3DS?

Actually you are right at the perfect firmware. If you were 10.7 it would require a game to exploit, but where you are now you can jump right into it immediately. Last night I hacked my friends 3ds and he was at the exact same firmware as you. Took a little under 2 hours but that was with me loafing around watching tv while doing it.

Heres the guide
3ds.guide/

If you scroll down a bit with the link I gave you it tells you all the benefits of hacking your system. There is literally no downside to this. You can still play online, buy shit from the eshop if you really wanted to and do everything you could with a normal unhacked 3ds.

Follow this guide and check if your version has exploit that doesn't require a second 3DS or hard modding it.

3ds.guide/

I did and the system bricked

>Hack N3DS
>Pirate every 3DS game I care about
>Load up emulators for GBC, GBA, NES, SNES and their entire catolog of games
>Flashcart for DS
Literally perfect.

>Why bother wasting your time hacking a 3DS?
Having every single game run better and having access to the ds library via flashcart is more than enough reason to me. Even when it stops being supported there are still a lot of ds games and their sequels i never touched yet

I GOT BANNED

YOU SAID IT WAS SAFE Sup Forums

What is this Browser thing?

b8

>people are willingly handing over personal
information to Nintendo via freeshop
nothings going to happen

>people are dumb enough to go online with pirated games
and? only idiots who went online pokemon sun/moon early got BTFO. ive been going online with every single game for over a year now.

>Hacking a system that will no longer be supported in a matter of weeks
ok? there are games like animal crossing and other games that i wouldnt have even considered trying or even thought id like if i didnt hack my shit and got to try it easily.

>Hacking a system riddled with shovelware and ports
so ill just avoid games like that. plenty of others to play.

It isnt a waste of time for me at all.

The 3DS has a web browser, for browsing the internet.
However, the web browser has vulnerabilities that allow us to exploit the 3DS and launch homebrew, which in turn allows use to downgrade the firmware and install hacks.

Don't open the web browser, if you want to hack your 3DS and have never used the web browser, avoid using it until you follow the guide.

>Having every single game run better
3DS has like 10 games worth playing max. Why not buy them? They're cheap af now?

>and having access to the ds library via flashcart is more than enough reason to me.
Again, ports and shovelware. You can emulate worthwhile games on the DS
>Chrono Trigger
>Mario 64
>etc

>Even when it stops being supported there are still a lot of ds games and their sequels i never touched yet
No, there really isn't. What are you talking about?

>nothings going to happen
That's what they said about the PS3

>ive been going online with every single game for over a year now.
enjoy your ban?

>there are games like animal crossing
>animal crossing
Are you 12 years old?

>so ill just avoid games like that. plenty of others to play.
Dude, what games?

literally why do you even care what people do with their 3ds? take that stick out of your ass and fuck off.

>animal crossing
are you 12 years old?

ya fuck off.

>No, there really isn't. What are you talking about?

I dont play it enough to go through the effort of doing the actual hacking part.

11.1 and I don't have the DS games to downgrade it.

>Dude,what games
Shit taste,the 3DS has plenty of great games

>RXtools
I was legit surprised when so many banfags were using this up until they had to unban themselves.

I just finished doing the waithax to a9lh + luma 11.2 couple of hours ago. Prob going to end up selling one but yeah, fun process.

If anyone is on the fence of hacking.

It can get intimidating because as soon as you start reading the guide you will see big ass warnings about bricking etc etc. Just make sure you read everything and follow the directions carefully and you will be fine.

I don't know shit about homebrew and console hacking but everything works

what if my 3ds is in japanese and I don't know japanese?
mistakes were made.

should be the same process I think...unless the guide specifically tells you to do something different

All icons should be the same as the english one but I honestly don't know tbqh

Because i dont wanna get banned

im 2 scared

what firmware are you on just curious?

Hardmodded my 11.2 n3ds since it soft bricked on 11.0. Installing a9hl is literally cancer.

it's still on 9.4.0. i should be able to hack it pretty "easily" right? still scared tho

Yes. Just make sure it's fully charged and pay attnetion if you are downloading n3ds or o3ds firmware and you will be fine

Yeah, that's a pretty easy one to hack. No games needed, just the web browser and an attention to following instructions.

2 D A Y S
D
A
Y
S

yea man thats really easy. anything under 10.6 is smooth sailing. its actually not as crazy as it sounds. all you are doing is copy pasting a lot of junk, renaming files and making backups. its just a lot of waiting really, you dont need to have any hacker knowledge or anything like that. the guide makes it very very very clear when you reach a step that could potentially fuck your 3ds up permanently.

at the very least you should take a look at the guide, the reward is worth it.

3ds.guide/

what do you mean 2 days?

Two days until DS rom loading on 3DS gets a public release.

I mean you can go and do it right now but there's compatibility issues and insane loading times.

fuck rxtools, wouldn't read the fbi files

A friend of mines has his 3ds updated to 12.0. Can I still hack it using my already hacked 3ds?

I screwed up near the end of the process, and had to to do a system recovery. I think I'm 1 update past where I could hack, Idk, 11.01 or something, I forget.

thanks for the tips and encouragement fellas, now i just gotta man up and actually DO IT

oh i havent been following that. ive had my old ass flashcart since the ds lite days so i been using that for my 3ds. thats great news though.

browserhacks finally works for 11.0 and now I can't remember where I put my sd card reader

guess I'll never homebrew it

I bought a Black Friday N3DS and am stuck on 11.0.0-33U. Apparently, I needed to have one of four specific games from the eshop already, or I'm shit out of luck for "waithax."

Not sure where to go from here. I want to update to go online on Pokémon, but I also don't want to screw myself out of a future hack.

>browser hax finally works

!!! HOALEEE SHEEEEET !!!

Details my man. Details.

smealum.github.io/3ds/
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

>tag someone on streetpass
>game: JK Save Manager
>mfw

Awesome. You rock, dude.

I'm curious, are all of you pirate fags or do you differentiate between Nintendo piracy and PC piracy?

Browserhax has worked for a long time to install homebrew launcher. You just can't install custom firmware.

I have a vita.

>>Hacking a system that will no longer be supported in a matter of weeks
nintendo will only drop o3ds support.
the n3ds is supposed ot stick around a while longer along the switch. its why they did the black friday n3ds. deals. the reason that theres only like 3 n3ds exclusive games is that the o3ds installbase is still realtively big.
theres still new games coming for the 3ds all the way to 2020.
presumably more n3ds exclusives.

But I did~

>theres still new games coming for the 3ds all the way to 2020.
This is bullshit and you know it.
The 3DS' successor is just around the corner, the 3DS' hardware is falling far behind other handhelds and the Switch will be the end of Nintendo handhelds as Nintendo blends handhelds to the mobile market as well as the Switch

Maybe they just like save backups

>Fumi will never straddle your lap and try to remove your clothes violently
Why live?
Also I don't remember that scene, is it from the Triangulum arc or something?

I only use my 3DS for Pokemon, and I like to have the Pokemon physical games, so there is no point for me.

nintendo already confirmed they will continue to support the o3ds through 2017 but thats gonna be it end of the line for that.
they want the n3ds as a companion device to the switch. which makes sense. the n3dsxl is technically still untapped since it has a two extra cpu cores and two extra co-processors.
games that scale up on the n3ds barely touch those and mostly just utilize the increased ram. xenoblade 3d is the only game so far that uses all 4 cpu cores. add ot that that the n3ds cpu is an arm11 chip rather than the older arm9 variant.
from the extra horsepower alone its not really unlikely to have it stick around for a while longer.

plus nintendo really never was about horsepower to begin with.
its always about the games. as long as they keep coming the ds will stick around.

it's almost 6 years old dude
developers refuse to make n3ds exclusives and cut off the older share of the market, the n3ds' specs aren't a big enough jump to bother, and the only future titles worth mentioning are just waiting for localization teams
the Switch IS the new handheld, it's not going to have a PS4-Vita relationship with the 3ds because it IS the mobile device

>not having, and hacking, both

>Rx tools

Why don't your try to cure your autism?

Is it safe to update to 12.0?

There is no 12.0 yet.

If you update the current 11.2 firmware, you won't be able to install A9LH conveniently.
If you're already running A9LH+Luma3DS, it's safe to update to 11.2 whilst running Luma.

But I have 3 hacked 3DS' and a hacked Vita

>fpbp and /threading your own post

Tacky bastard.

What 3ds game are worth playing for doing all this shit to be worthwhile?

Get ready for school, Quentin.

>tfw 11.0
>no second 3ds nor dsiware
>don't know shit about soldering

fuck this world

If you want to trust a random user with your shit I can hook you up.

I did.
Then my little cousins updated it to play pokemon.
Now I gotta wait again.

Thanks for your kindness, user! But it seems a new hack will be released, so I will wait for that!

Slowhax? The games that work for that are already pulled, aren't they?

Am I fucked if i have a n3DS with 11.2.0-35E? Do I have to solder?

I guess so. But I heard news are coming around December 27th. Let's see if somethin good comes out of it.

Yes, solder or use another already CFW 3ds

You're fucked, and yes, unless you own one of the following DSi games, as well as a homebrew entry point, an exploitable program that you can launch the Homebrew Launcher from. The easiest method is to buy a physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3D and a Datel Powersaves, which you'll use to load a hacked save which crashes into the Homebrew Launcher upon starting the game.

Alternatively, you could have a friend whose 3DS is already hacked and doesn't mind losing their NNID for a week.

Either way you (or your friend if you go that route) needs one of the following DSi games:
>Fieldrunners
>Legends of Exidia
>Guitar Rock Tour
>The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (Anniversary Edition)

If you own any of those, you're in good shape.

That will still require an NFIRM downgrade, which requires DSiware unless a huge exploit has been found that I don't know about. If you want to leave your steam or something just in case, that's fine (though I wouldn't blame you if you were leery about sending your DS to some faggot from Sup Forums)

>All these latefags

I warned you didnt I? I continuously made these threads for a literal year. Why havent you hacked your 3ds user stop waiting! What kind of replies did I get? "Kill yourself shill!" "Im not a poorfag like you." "I want to support Nintendo." Now look at the situation. People updated to latest firmware. Exploits which required 4 very specific dsiware games are already taken down from the eshop. Most of you people are fucked if you cant solder and dont have these games or a friend without a 3ds.

Now look who comes crawling back eh? HAHAH ITS SO RICH! YOU FOOOLS! YOU CHUMPS!!

Can someone hook me up with the instructions?
A friend of mine has his 3desu hacked, do i still need those ds games?

3ds.guide/

If your 3DS firmware is 10.7 or lower you don't need any games
If your 3DS is on 11.0 or higher it varies, but you will need DSiWare and there are four specific DSiWare that if you have them already installed, can be used to downgrade with a single 3DS system.

I don't want to make my Fire Emblem console worthless. I'm gonna get a plain one second hand sometime and hack that

>I mean you can go and do it right now but there's compatibility issues and insane loading times.
>He thinks this won't always be a problem

Oh, sure thing! My steam ID is Togetic.
As you can see, I'm Brazilian, so it would be kinda difficult to send it for someone to solder.
But feel free to add me so we can discuss about an upcoming exploit or something!

>he thinks it's permanent!
laughing_fire_emblem_girls.png

You can unhack at any time. Or if you're just afraid of being caught at a pokeymans tournament, you can hide the relevant apps and the configuration menu.

I don't know that.
It's possible they will figure out something that can alleviate these issues, but I don't know.

Yeah, im on 11.1
The thing is those games are pulled from the eshop right?
What do?

too many steps and i need too many peripherals

Sysnand on 9.2.
Emunand on 11.2

Can I still do AL9H?

Nothing to be done if you didn't already have the games, other than wait for another development.

A lot of people already had Zelda Four Swords downloaded because they gave it away for free in January 2014.

That said since you're on 11.1, if you do get some game that can load homebrew, you can use it to install Legit CIAs using Waithax + FBI.
Legit CIAs are signed CIAs that Nintendo uses for bundled 3DSs, so these games can be installed on and played on an unhacked system.

duh

Yes. The a9lh installation relies on the SysNAND firmware.
The same vulnerabilities that let you boot into an EmuNAND are what let you downgrade firmware and install a9lh.
The installation process will also let you transfer your EmuNAND to the SysNAND so you get more stable boot rates and free up SD card space.

OOT can load homebrew right?
I have a copy right here

Yes, yes it can.
To make that happen you need to install a hacked gamesave, you do that using either another 3DS that has homebrew access, or a Datel Powersaves device.

Okay so, if i install a hacked gamesave with another 3DS and access hombrew
What would be the next step?

Once you set up Oothax to launch homebrew on your 11.1 3DS (New or Old, EU or US or JP), you can use Waithax.

Waithax will run for 20 or 60 minutes until it succeeds with a privilege escalation, which'll allow you to run FBI and install signed CIAs.

This page describes in depth how to do this. I haven't tried it personally since all my 3DS systems are hacked.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278558-legit-signed-tickets-3ds-games-installing-11-0-11-1-fbi-waithax.html

I had a go last night and now my sd card is black when I try to launch it up. I was almost into install the arma9 or whatever, then after I did something the guide told me to do I launch it back up and now It's black, however if I take out the sd card the 3ds works fine. I ran a program to see if the sd card was corrupted but the program says it's fine. So I'm at a loss, I suppose I need to retrace my steps and delete some stuff to make it work again? I'm not sure.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

The guide did say that things might happen to your n3ds at some point, something to do with colour issues, but not a black screen.

Thank you dude
I'm gonna tell my friend about this and see what we can do

The troubleshooting settings tell you what to do. Boot the console without the SD card in and then place it in once the home menu loads.

>cant do it unless your 3ds is a specific version AND buy a game to help do it
no thanks