Real quote from my friends who ALL own PS4's and have never played a Nintendo console since the Game Boy Advance

Real quote from my friends who ALL own PS4's and have never played a Nintendo console since the Game Boy Advance

>Nintendo games get reviewed differently from normal games. A 9 for a Nintendo game is like a 6/7 on the other consoles.

With games like Xenoblade Chronicles X and Monster Hunter 4U both very well received games on Nintendo consoles, how do you feel about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wniOUlRwaMM
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4
youtube.com/watch?v=N3bEh-PEk1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Games on Nintendo platforms != Nintendo games.

>A 9 for a Nintendo game is like a 6/7 on the other consoles.

>It's only okay when Sony fansites inflates metacritic scores with 10/10 and 9/10's

I want to see an alternative timeline where World of Final Fantasy was a Wii U exclusive, everything about the game perfectly fits what the Wii U has and would get raving reviews.

We know. You posted this in the other console war thread

>Caring about reviews
You and your friends should kill yourselves.

>would get raving reviews
But people would need to own a Wii U for that to happen
And why would Square develop a new game for a dead console?

nothing against nintendo but you just sound like a mad fanboy faggot because your friends who own a ps4 are all having fun together without you because youre too busy trying to defend nintendo.

It's a dry season for shitposting. You need to reuse your good material. Even if it is only minutes old.

They're wrong and just sound like butt-blasted console war fucktards.

The real barometer for review scores is a balance between hype, degree of shilling, and what the community wants or expects. Sometimes it's also got to do with the quality of the game.

In recent years giving especially harsh reviews to games people already don't expect to do well is "in" to try and give the reviewers a source of legitimacy. This also extends to taking cheap shots at developers that have a history of being ridiculed, versus calling out other people who are currently doing bad shit. A good example from last year was beating the dead horse that is Peter Molyneux while completely ignoring Shacfer shit and some other devs.

That's it. There's no general 'console bias'. You're friends are just retards.

How's winter break treating you?

I know christmas isn't the same with Tyrone instead of dad but I'm sure you'll be alright.

Nah I've got my PC and other friends who also own PC's to play games with, don't need to play Fifa or whatever the free PS+ game is this month.

The same friends also all got Tabletop Racers for free with PS+ and raved about it for ages, invited me round to play, then tried to tell me it was a better racer than Mario Kart and they got it for free...

To leach on a guaranteed attache rate.

As someone who has a wii u and ps4 and have played ffxv and xcx i can say that ffxv is garbage and xcx definitely deserves its praise. it's a lot more fun and expansive and it's more polished

I hope Xenoblade 3 is localized by NoE and not those faggots at the Treehouse.

XCX is a genuinely good game that deserves its 80-something metacritic score. Never played a Monster Hunter game but does that do seem to enjoy it a lot so I guess that makes it a good game.

I hope Xenoblade 3 has audio options
I hope Xenoblade 3 is at least more of a direct sequel to X than X was of Xenoblade because there's still a lot of bullshit on Mira I'd like a clear explanation to.

Mira has interesting lore for sure.
But part of me wants them to ditch the whole "americans saving everyone in space while nu metal plays in the background" thing and just start fresh.
The Ganglion are the most generic villains ever.

that would ruin the mystery

Do you have something against America or something?

>how do you feel about this?
I honestly don't give a shit about your friends opinion.

also
>MH
>Nintendo game

the next xenoblade has to be a direct sequel, the amount of story you get in X barely qualifies as a prologue.

I liked Elma. I was really mad when the game forced me to side with Lao over Elma. Fuck you game.

I can choose to do all kinds of nice and outright cuntish/evil things throughout the game, but you make me be a faggot in this one scene.

That's why the sequel should focus around another colony that landed on the other side of Mira, either Neo Tokyo or Nouveau Paris

I want Xeno3 to be less of a Nintendo game and more of a Xeno game. XCX was a shitty RPG that took almost everything in a shitty direction for what seemed like trying to expand appeal to meet Nintendo standards.

>we didn't have room to take real bodies!!!
>lol but we had room to cut out a huge compartment with an elevator for my real body
Elma is one of the worst characters in the game. Hope we get to kill her in the sequel.

I don't really care if you like or dislike her. My point is the lack of choice in that scene. Should have had a choice to side with her or go against her.

Whoever decided that quest tracking was non existent for 90% of the side content deserves to be fired.
Hell EVEN if you know where a thing you need is you still need to meet the time of day and/or weather requirements for it to MIGHT appear.
Oh and those lovely "low level" fetch quests where the stuff you need to gather is protect by a pack of high level beasts that will wreck you if you do so much as sneeze in their general direction.

there was nothing that screamed nintendo to me. when xenoblade came out on the wii i thought it was a nice departure/contrast to the usual nintendo stuff. the themes are a lot more serious than the surface and i like the asimov inspired sci fi of xcx, it really works for the series

Honestly I wish the Ganglion weren't even there to begin with.

I think the story of survival on a planet like Mira is interesting enough. The antagonist should just be the uncaring world and various natural indigens in it. Not some Saturday morning mustache twirling aliums.

You have immediate goals like securing NLA from dangerous wildlife, securing a regular supply of clean drinking water and finding out what foods you can eat, and you also have the larger goal of reclaiming the lifehold. Literally everything else about the story can be the same the Ganglion really are entirely pointless.

Lets not forget about these cancerous quests.

>not knowing how to stealth past an enemy

every game is either a 8 or 9 out of 10 now because game reviews aren't real.
your friends are sorta right however that nintendo games aren't really meant to compete with the other consoles.
like most 1st party nintendo games seem like indie titles, both graphically and gameplay-wise.

An easy way to fix this would simply be to make item orbs of shit you need for quests red instead of blue, and then even if they're rare items, you can know at a glance that there's something you need that away

I really hate the same face that is going on in these games, It's the same guy responsible for FF12 right? Didn't seem as bad there for some reason

that's what they did

Can we make this a Xenoblade X thread now?

I just got the skell flight module, exploring with this is really majestic.

No they didn't. Key items like the lesbian's bracelet and shit that aren't common overworld drops are red, but none of the items needed for the many "I'll need 33 wild thornberries to make a cake" quests (and I'm not talking about the replenishing quest terminal generic quests, but quests from actual named NPCs like the socially awkward chick with the broken skell in the desert) don't have their required items show up as anything different and never indicate you a general area of where they're found, which would ultimately be fine and a good incentive for exploration if the items needed for the quest actually appeared a different color from the other generic ones.

Yelv was the only one that felt like a real person in his quests and character development, rest were all 1 dimension ANIMES.

Did you explore everything you could before getting the flight module?

No, they didn't. Unique items that only spawn during that specific mission will show up red.
Common items (which is what you need for 90% of fetch quests) are just plain blue, even when you have the quest activated.
Please don't post when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

oh

please don't be mean to me

Agreed. They definitely went with quantity over quality when it comes to the side characters.
And Elma and Lin are even worse.

They really should have added a map screen telling you where and when to find blue orb items. I would have gone insane trying to get some of the rare things without knowing it only spawns in a super high level enemy base and out in the fucking ocean.

Monolith is owned by Nintendo tho

BUY THE GUIDE GOOD GOY.
Seriously this game was made to sell guidebooks

Or they should have kept NPC trading from the first game.
Speaking of which, they should have kept gift giving from the first game too so you wouldn't need to farm affection with lesser-used party members as much.

The best part is, the "official" guide is shit. The maps that show where items spawn are inaccurate.

I hope XB3 takes all the best parts from its predecessors. I'd like XCX with better characters, an actual main character that drives a solid narrative, and better music.

Oh and fix the damn character design.

I did fucking buy it and it was full of tiny low res pictures, unorganized information, and a lot of errors especially in the enemy specs pages that take up at least a third of the book.

It really seems like they were determined to remove most of the QoL aspects from Xenoblade.
Can't carry party members in reserve slots.
Can only change time at bases.
Inactive party members don't gain EXP.
No gifting or trading with NPCs and party members.
Affinity chart doesn't show where NPCs hang out or what times they are active.

I found all the modern earth tie ins to be lame as hell especially after the historic creativity of thier past games.

I'd like xcx with better skell combat and more skells and skell variety

okay you can't post a caption like that without a sauce user.

I fucking hope they bundle Xenoblade with XCX together for switch.
I have Wii and PC to emulate it in HD but fuck I prefer handheld.
>"Neo"3DS
Got 3DS and no intention to buy that.

I think the ground combat could be tuned up to not end up being "use these skills in this order for every fight".

XCX might get a Switch port, but they aren't going to port Xenoblade again. It already got one port, and it isn't important to the XCX story, so its kind of irrelevant at this point.

ground combat ended up being more broken/exploitable thanks to memewalker though

I want one of those Grendizer-looking space cat skells. And the skellctopods of the Definians.

good thing those arn't Nintendo games

but they're not completely wrong, skyward swords score were WAY higher than they deserved to be

hilariously, the 8.8 controversy with TP is silly in retrospect because that's an 8.5/10 game at best

except ground combat is more powerful than gears

I dont think I could go back to XB without the HD textures and art swaps.
I just cant

Literally just the best song of 2016 in gaming.

youtube.com/watch?v=wniOUlRwaMM

I wish there was a wider gulf between skells and ground combat.

Most of the game they're trading back and forth but once you hit post-game the ground combat quickly out paces skells.

When really the skell should be you at your best when you feel most comfortable and ground combat should be when you're vulnerable and slightly weary about fighting anything too strong.

>HD faces

no thank you

>gears

Can we all agree that New LA (Night) is the best song from any Xeno game?

yes gears

You posted the wrong link.
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4

>Xenoblade is a good game
Fuck off. X was mediocre and boring. Xenoblade for Wii was also mediocre and boring. Tons of repeatitive shit and grinding and nothing fun.

>4U
It's the best one in the series. However MHX was terrible, short and also shit in the end.

It's true what your friend said. Nintendo games get a free pass.

Mainly because there's like max 200,000 WiiU owners in the entire world or something, so reviewers know no one's going to see their reviews or care, so they aim for high scores because... yeah, no one cares.

Watch big review sites review monster hunter, it goes like this always:

>its just like the old ones
>it's great!
>new stuff!
>new monsters!
>some things aren't perfect...
>it's still the best for your nintendo!
>9/10

every fucking time. it's like they read the back of the box and that's it.

did you post in the wrong thread?

>people get triggered if you call them Dolls
>calling them gears is fine
Really made me think

I call them AGWS

Really fries your walnuts.

I just prefer handheld. 1-2 hours every night before I go to sleep is my only game time being a wagecuck.

i really like this song but only when it reall kicks in after about a minute in

>transmit eggs!

>he still believes in Nintendo

That's what I meant by doing the same shit every battle.

really roasts my chestnuts on an open fire

oh. i read skills as skells

So what was the best giant robot name from the Xeno games?

Gear, AGWS(eggs), AMWS(aims), ES(ein sof), Mechon, Doll, or Skell?

mechon doesn't count they could be those small shits too

gear is the best. i like skell too, thinking back i don't think i would have like it if the english version was called dolls

I've never heard such shit in my life.

holy shit Sup Forums is so dead during non-summer months

why do you even bother

Really jack frosts my nose.

Gear and Doll

?

Not any smaller than some of the eggs you fight in saga.

actually yeah did you not see those small shitty scouter mechon?

youtube.com/watch?v=N3bEh-PEk1g

lmao

new?

>>Nintendo games get reviewed differently from normal games. A 9 for a Nintendo game is like a 6/7 on the other consoles.

Well he is right. Nintendo games reviewed in the same way with android game.
>bad graphic is ignored
>bad story is ignored
>reuse of assets and system are ignored
>nobody decrease the score because some political reason

>Real quote from my friends who ALL own PS4's
I stopped reading there. I just KNOW you are 100% butthurt about them, or making it all up, meaning that you STILL are 100% butthurt, not over friends but opinions you read on the internet.

The studio responsible for developing Xenoblade X is owned by Nintendo, in what way is it not a Nintendo game?

t. sonygger

Like I said, you're cleary butthurt