Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza Thread

You are getting ojisans game right?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZURNR3uuHGA

I thought I would never see pic related again. I was googling about the big box but never saw it after that one thread. Found it on segas website.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2SjN2D5AZbY?t=1788
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh hey I remember playing this almost two years ago

Glad you are bilingual. I wish I could be but honestly other than for a select few video games It aint worth it for me to learn japanese.

Then again, I might in about a year if the want to play ishin and kenzan really bites me.

Is 6 shit?

I'm getting the game but just the regular edition. I have no use for the extra shit in the special edition.

Not him, but I played it back in 2015 as well.
All sub stories and money/nightlife island stuff complete.

Don't know a single Jap word either.
These games are pretty easy to play in JP, but it's kinda demoralizing.

There's a full guide for Ishin and Kenzan I think.

Business Edition is the pre-order edition though. US only though Cheapest Y0 I can get is 65€ and it doesn't even have the business card shit, fucking hell Sega.

Yes.

I'm glad being able to actually play Majima like Majima is behind a shit ton of hours of grind.

youtu.be/2SjN2D5AZbY?t=1788

Yakuza 6 was good.

This, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing either, it was just good.

Don't lie.

These games fucking suck.

I just don't like how it kinda looks slow.

And canada

Yes

That's the spirit!

Poor Canada paying gorillion and get nothing.

What do you mean getting nothing? Canada gets the same thing as the US.

Both canada and the USA are america, north america to be exact, the relevant america.

We just have to pay 80CAD for it but otherwise get the big box n buisness cards.

Alright.

The preorder bonus for the Japanese version was this fake magazine, which also taught you something you needed to know for Majima's submission thing.

That sounds pretty cool.

It's great.

yep, last good Yakuza.

Kiwami and 6 were terrible.

Kiwami is leterally zero with 1s story

It can be shit even if it is a cash grab because it has 0 god like gameplay.

yeah it was pretty cool and helpful since I didn't know shit about the hand gestures they do in hostess clubs. I wonder how they are going to inform people on that stuff aside from trial and error in the western version.

Smaller map, combat is clunky, "whoa cool" animations get annoying as fuck aka tripping over random garbage on the streets. Boss fights are awful, story is absolutely going no where.

Haruka thing is retarded but hopefully with Kiryu out they just reboot the story with brand new cast in a new part of Japan and build upon the mechanics. Like the seamless shit is good, but the combat and the smaller map make it not that great.

>Story goes absolutely nowhere
What?

It's Zero with worse performance, horrendous boss fights, and terrible Majima Everywhere system which is compulsory to master the legend style.

>It can be shit even if it is a cash grab because it has 0 god like gameplay.
Rush style is completely pointless in Kiwami. Pretty much the only thing it did right in terms of combat was allowing on the fly style switches but everything else was pure downgrade

Seamless isn't good because it's the one thing that cripples the game's performance

who do I gotta bribe to get a fucking PC version of any yakuza game in english? or at least any non playstation console?

No it isnt lol.

I played it on ps3 and found rush very useful when dealing with majima. It was also good with that boss fight with the 2 brothers in dabora.

And last but not least it makes you run faster which is useful in battle sequences where you have to move room to room.

It aint useless. It may have less uses than zero but it aint useless.

Wouldnt you at least have a ps3 if you like weeb games?

The seamless thing is actually pretty amazing gameplay wise

The only sony things I own are ps2, psp and vita, and naturally the yakuza vita game never made it over here.

But seriously, the entire yakuza franchise is sony exclusive. true exclusives are pretty rare. I'm not buying a ps3/4 JUST to play yakuza.

Holy shit, Receive You is AMAZING. Why didn't I listen to this song sooner?

There was no Yakuza vita game. Just some free2play grind thing as a companion for Isshin.

That can be improved, its the first game in reworked game systems across the board. So going forward they can improve performance while expanding features. Fighting on the streets and taking it into shops is insane. Plus it makes exploration pretty great and cuts out loading times.
but like they don't have many locations present from previous games, the amount of shops and variety of shops is lowered, and I am pretty sure there is far less training and shit than usual.

Wait till the next game is announced sometime next year to see how it progresses. We might not get yearly Yakuza titles anymore, or maybe more spinoffs like Isshin which would be sick.

I would try the first 2 games. If you like em id say 3-5 are wirth getting a ps3 for since ps3 are cheap these days. As for a ps4 I dont think I could reccomend since its so expensive.

any benefits with pro with this game?

>That can be improved
You literally can't improve it because it is no doubt taxing PS4 to its limits.

PS4 slim is like 230 bux for fuck's sake. That's far from expensive.

think yakuza 3

Oh fuck. Don't tell me there's forced "slow" segments too?

No, I played Y6

I'm curious why you think this.
It literally has a clear progression and a conclusion.

Not even 230 bucks

In A FUCKING LEAF land you can get used ps3 at like 100 CAD. Hell my launch fat with ps2 comp was 80 CAD. Still works to this day.

I'm talking about PS4. I don't understand why people still think PS4 is so expensive.

they're either neets or kids
anyone even with minimum wage can easily buy a PS4 and have lots of money over

$230 + whatever the game costs just to play a SINGLE GAME is kind of expensive. Especially when it's the only franchise you'd play on that system.

Considering how man exclusives break and get released on other consoles it's sort of admirable how Yakuza has never made it to another platform. Usually PC gets something at some point.

Sega europe have new ports to announce next year

Y0 cover used "console exclusive" so poitions are open

Y6 just burned the bridges with fans with cuck plot in asia meaning not doing well so appeasing westerners might be a good strategy, steam can mean a lot for niche games/genres in 6 figure sales range so there is hope

t.played Y0 on friends ps4, dont plan on going back to grind sidegames unless on PC

Rush style was my main style in Kiwami up until I unlocked Tiger Drop. At least on Hard and Legend Maijma and the bosses drop you really quick if you're not careful and rush makes being careful very easy.

>Sega europe have new ports to announce next year
Hah, that's what they said this year.

>Y0 cover used "console exclusive" so poitions are open
Hah.