Xbox 360 consoles sold: 84 million

>Xbox 360 consoles sold: 84 million
>PS3 consoles sold: 83.8 million

>Xbox One consoles sold: 20 million
>PS4 consoles sold: 50 million

What happened?

That's some old numbers, PS3 passed the 360 long ago.

But did it ever pass the Wii?

Nope, it's still the 6th best selling console of all time though (handhelds included), 5th being the Wii, and first still being the PS2.

I still don't get how that underpowere PoS was so successful

The filename says it.

Being a cheap dvd player was actually a big deal at the time, VHS was shit and no one argued that. Then the raw amount of sales alone was a good way to entice devs to work for your platform.

PS3 was a cheap blu-ray player, but even if it was "cheaper" it was still too much and no one really wanted to move on from dvds

599 US dollars wasn't cheap...

cheap for a blu-ray player

blu-ray players were in the $899+ at the time

Might have something to do with having to pay to play online?

>consoles

>add pay to play online
>sells faster than your old console in the same time frame

>PCs

>Launch for PS3 in 2006
>10 years to reach those numbers
>PS4 launched in 2013
>3 years to reach over half those numbers
PS4 not doing bad yeah?

It helps that the PS4 wasn't $600 on launch.

that is also true, that helps a ton.

Dreamcast was from the previous generation.

genesis was same generation as snes
saturn same as ps1
dreamcast same as ps2

I don't see where else it fits

Also, remember Halo and Gears of War? Those were real reasons to buy an Xbox. Now, not so much. Xbox Live was also seen as the superior online gaming platform at the time. That's changed, too.

The PS3 was a late bloomer. Remember no games? Of course you do, everyone does.

Saturn came out before and Dreamcast came out after Ps1, but in between.

It competed more realistically against the PS1 than it did against the PS2.

The initial E3 conference was their first big blunder. They got fucking rekt by Sony spitting in their face and the majority of the public laughing in their faces.

They tried to market the thing as an all-in-one home media device rather than a game console which is what Sony did. They had no real games to hold over Sony (not that Sony did vice versa). It launched 100 dollars more expensive because of Kinect which no one fucking wanted.

Microsoft killed themselves and Scorpio aint gonna save them

>before
In Japan it was _10_ days before, that's pretty much the same time.

PS2 launched just a bit over a year after the PS2 (it was march 2000, while dreamcast was near the end of year at nov 1998).

360 launched a year before the PS3 too and we don't pretend it's in the PS2's generation

>PS2 after the PS2
err, after the dreamcast

When are companies going to learn that pandering to people who don't play video games won't get them to play video games.

What about the Wii?

the initial E3 conference was okay and they backtracked on a lot of bad policies

it's the initial reveal that was "TV TV TV TV TV" that wasn't at E3

How fucking stupid are you?

You're comparing lifetime sales to 3 years sales. neck yourself you stupid cunt, I can't believe idiots like you fucking exist. Holy shit.

how stupid are YOU

I'm pretty sure he's comparing the disparity between the two companies and not that one is doing worse than itself in a shorter timeframe

The user got it wrong. It's pandering to video gamers with non video game shit that they did wrong. The Wii pandered to everyone

I could have sworn the initial reveal was awful. I know they quickly walked back a bunch of stuff because of the back lash but the conference had shit like Sony doing the "game sharing" bits on stage

>Koishi costume
Overrated as fuck.

>They tried to market the thing as an all-in-one home media device
Well, my PS3 is exactly that. And it's great as such.
PS4 sucks in this role, because it's gimped for streaming.

10 years VS 3 years

That's what happened.

FYI PS4 sold double what the PS3 sold within its first 3 years.

>Wii
>relevant

It sold on a gimmick and then we saw WiiU flop on a gimmick of its own. They might sell your console or they might tank it. It sure as fuck wasn't on Wii's own merits.

Microsoft shit the bed with their E3 conferences. All multimedia experiences, no used games, if you want an console that works with out an internet connection buy the 360.

Basically the idiots forgot to pay for market research.

>koishi dosn`t have an autistic breakdown during the webm

Massivly dissapointed.

Man this girl is really a queen bee

That chart is sold. Both PS3 and 360 surpassed 80 million.

Wii only outsold the PS3 by 20%
PS1 outsold the N64 by 300%
PS2 outsold the GC by 750%
PS4 is currently outselling the WiiU by 370% and growing, considering the WiiU is literally dead and PS4 will continue production for at least 7 more years.

So I REALLY don't know why you're acting so smug.

Wii was Nintendo's only homeconsole to get over the 100 million mark. PS3 was the only Sony homeconsole to NOT pass that 100 million mark.
And guess which of the two didn't depend on literal soccer moms to sell their one fad "successful" console?

>That chart is sold
wtf?
old***