Is it worth it getting into the new GG? i'd be playing on PC, i heard there was no crossplay...

is it worth it getting into the new GG? i'd be playing on PC, i heard there was no crossplay. is it going to be dead before i even get the chance to git gud?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/520440
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

steamspy.com/app/520440

Depends how dedicated you are. If you're worried about a new version than don't be. You're going to have at least a year and a half before the next version comes out at the earliest. It's a very satisfying game to learn and if you really want to get good. You'll get good even on PC.

>is it going to be dead before i even get the chance to git gud?

With that attitude it certainly will be. Just get in and play-- when all the others leave, the people who liked the game enough to git gud at it will remain, thus providing you with a greater challenge.

It's a great looking fun and loads of fun, however there are no lobbies in my region so I'm stuck to begging for begginer matches on random local fgc groups

you'll be stuck playing the same people who remain playing.

that's okay but you won't get better without playing more different playstyles and characters.

just wait till PC becomes the main platform for fighters. Just pirate this to learn how fighting games work.

Depends on your region.

America East and West Coast seems healthy right now in terms of daily lobbies

>just wait till PC becomes the main platform for fighters
Why would that ever happen?

It's already dead

Fighters became popular again because the "urban youth" couldn't afford gaming rigs and arcades saw a resurgence of popularity in Japan. The day pc becomes the main platform for fighting games is the day fighting games become niche again.

this will never happen due to the social nature of fighting games
not to mention that it's far easier for everyone to get the same hardware through consoles vs every single unit in every single event being built by hand and setup by hand to be the exact same computer

no
all fighting games are a waste of time

This is reddit tier ignorance.

(YOU)

you shouldnt have a problem finding matches on GG PC

I'm an Ausfag and I don't have trouble finding a match on PC. It's usually the same handful of people but that's par for the course with anime fighters.

>implying time has a value to begin with

>just wait till PC becomes the main platform for fighters. Just pirate this to learn how fighting games work.

kek

1. fighting games were always popular amongst fans, this is triple true for east Asia. Japanese arcades are extremely popular entertainment venues. The Japanese value interactivity over sitting on on your ass in a one-way conversation with a TV. Every single fighting game fan is also a fan of combat sports in general (Karate, Boxing, UFC, etc) and we all used to watch Kung-Fu movies as kids. There's no shortage of lovers of 1 on 1 combat.

2. fighting games used to be only playable on PC. There were console ports of some games but they weren't perfect and Neo Geos were insanely expensive for a game console. PC played all of those arcade fighting games that consoles couldn't (at the time) handle though.

3. online fighting games ONLY existed on PC for a very long while. The fighting community literally created their own networks (Kaillera, GGPO) to play against each other worldwide. It presented an issue with lag though and the creator of GGPO invented the solution of rollback technology to combat the lag. It was so effective that Capcom (and everyone else, frankly) bought his code from him to make their rollback code for online fighters. In addition to creating their own online fighting networks, they also created their own games (MUGEN) and eventually their own organized tournaments (Evolution). These were all, every single one, created by PC gamers.

4. Lastly, being into fighting games is very expensive. It's not for "poor" people, as you put it. In arcades, you would piss away $10 per night just learning how to play other people. On home solutions, you're buying several of the same games per year and investing in fight sticks that cost upwards of $150 each. It's a very expensive niche interest.

It is a great fighting game with absolutely amazing artstyle. It won't be as populated as SFV but you'll be able to find a match.

I'm a third-worlder that can only play with people from its own country. Found a random discord on google and I get to play against people that are new, slightly worse than me, slightly better than me, greatly better than me, and latinamerican champions.
I'm pretty fucking sure a fucking USA citizen will be able to get a more active playerbase

It's dying pretty fast. I'd give it two months before it's next to deserted.

Seriously, what were they thinking with that price and no crossplay? I'm still mad.

>Release 7 month old game on PC
>Cut some content, irrelevant or otherwise
>Price it at 50$
>With no free DLC that consoles got
>Meanwhile discount it permanently to 19$ on PS4
>Advertisement? Marketing? What's that?

>mfw only 10k sold
>mfw Gaijin clearly do not want our games anymore, let's stop porting

>its an /fgg/ shitposting in a Sup Forums thread episode again.
Someone make a lobby already, anyone with a brain would know that all fighting games die no matter what platform they're on unless it has street fighter in its name, you always eventually have to rely on a small community and arrange to play in groups otherwise you play with 100 or so randoms, not many games have crossplay with PC so expecting everyone game to have is ridiculous.

Someone needs to tell Team Red about f2p.

Group or discord info?
I'm on the same boat except I haven't found anyone