The best surprisingly good game of the decade

>The best surprisingly good game of the decade

What went right?

It was clearly made by people who wanted to make a good game

And then were pressured by Warner into making it Ubisoft tier "open world" garbage

So the end result is a kind of good game but it's good in spite of what it was meant to be, not because of it

The game is a legit 9/10 for me

Only things that hold it back are voice acting and the cost of upgrades/amount of scrap per loot.

if you like this game, you'll love ACIII

>It was clearly made by people who wanted to make a good game
>And then were pressured by Warner into making it Ubisoft tier "open world" garbage
>So the end result is a kind of good game but it's good in spite of what it was meant to be, not because of it
This.

So much untapped potential it's infuriating.

Game was fun tho when you like Mad Max and are not burnt out by the combat formula already

Game was cool but raiding camps was boring, always the same boss, the same pattern, the hunt of emblems.

Not enough gay wrestlers in latex and leather, apart from that 10/10.

>The best surprisingly good game of the decade
That's Doom.

>All of the films have awesome car chases that involve multiple deaths, explosions and car hopping
>Nope in this game everyone veers into you and thats it!

the hell are you on about?

But people jump on your car all the time, even when you've got the final spike upgrade that's meant to stop them doing it

>what are convoys?

Pretty much, I hope they can go back to mad max and make something better.

>Car hopping

You've only seen fury road

This game is fun for 10 hours and then you never want to touch it again.

Way too repetitive.

Ooh here it comes, MIGHTY DUSTER

It's a decent game but thats all about it, car combat is boring and frustrating, hand to hand combat is similar to Sleeping Dogs and Batman Arkham but its just doesn't feel as good or fluid, kinda slow.
graphics and sound are decent enough, side quests or quests in general is extremely repetitive, 6/10 or 7 if im feeling generous at most.
i just wish if they made Just Cause 3 instead of the other Avalanche team.

>repetetive as shit
>beautiful, but generic world
>fucking bamham combat, arguably the worst hand to hand combat of all time
>upgrade your car
>oh well, you're supposed to downgrade it for these missions for some fucking reason
>almost no guns
>gas is so plentiful, there isn't even a reason it should be in the game

5/10, my friend. Nothing more, nothing less

>almost no guns
That's good. Guns errywhurr would have been boring.

The first couple of hours before you get decent car/on-foot upgrades are a bit of a slog though. And even then, shunting into stopped cars over and over to get their scrap gets extremely tedious.

Convoys were easily the best part of the game, they ought to have been repeatable. Also a bit of a tease for them to show War Rig wrecks but never feature them as convoy vehicles - perhaps there was an engine limitation with trailers.

I would have rathered if Chumbucket stayed dead in post-game and the Interceptor just replaced the Magnum Opus, with Max using the grapple etc himself. It made the ending feel a bit weightless for the game to kill off Chumbucket only to ignore it within a couple of minutes.

i bought it for 3 € in a key store and played it for 18 hours
good game even if grinding for your car parts is bullshit

Also by that point his repeating dialogue had gotten extremely tiresome and I was using unique cars whenever possible purely because of it. It would have been nice if the Interceptor could have been a viable post-game vehicle to use and not have the car combat rely so heavily on having a passenger.

don't forget the long-ass animations for every one of those shitty chore actions you're forced to do ad nauseum

Anyone else feel like they kinda went a bit overboard with the corpses decorating everywhere? It was a bit too Warhammer 40k, even compared to Fury Road, and it just raises the question of where all these people came from. Also at times, the amount of vehicles just going about their business makes the wasteland feel a bit too bustling.

>car combat is boring and frustrating
I bet you've played in 3rd person view.

I refuse to play it as a mad max fan.

It looks like a decent car action game with a post apocalyptic theme. But the vehicle interaction and survival elements are not close to the amount I expect from a serious Mad Max representation.
You could probably do more with a modded GTA game.

>GTA

R* Mad Max game when?

Not him but come on, the field of view made the windscreen a letterbox that only let you see a horizontal strip of road that was 20 feet ahead of you, and most vehicles you can't even see past their engines and armour plating. I would have liked to play in first person more, but that camera was ass.

Lol fuck no, neither Rockstar nor Avalanche ever buys into the survival meme, if you want to be frustrated by lack of resources go play some indie shit

They'd never do it seriously either with their mass market appeal goals.

Fuck, we cant even get a single player expansion for GTA V. Rockstar is going full jew.

I never said they would, an Indie would be the best chance this day and age but that means early access hell with no full game.

I will never forgive rockstar for not making story DLC and locking all online content behind a grinding and a paywall.

I couldn't stand ACIII but enjoyed mad max to the max

This game was the most fun I had driving from 1st person view. So I don't understand you.