What is the hardest FF game?

What is the hardest FF game?

The first one.

13. Getting through the story is near impossible

nes FF3 if you don't have access to save states

entire longass last dungeon had nowhere to save and could easily get you killed

Probably the first one if you're playing on the NES. The PSX remake takes its toll on your patience because grinding won't feel like an option due to the long load times on random encounters.

I'm not sure if the hard mode fan patch for FFT counts, but that one's probably up there.

>Easiest
FFXV

>Hardest
FFXV after recent update because it's the only FF game that lets you do a level 1 run

13, because it fucking sucks

NES version of Final Fantasy III without question as the post above said.

FF10 has the hardest superbosses in the series.

FF13 has a number of difficulty spikes, way more than any other FF, but its pretty linear and you can never get like super stuck in that game like you can in FF3.

I found Type-0 surprisingly difficult, but its kinda shitty, so don't even bother with getting gud at it.

Easiest FF is probably FFV or FFVIII.

Nigga, if you had 4 Monks you could steamroll through that game by holding the fucking X button.
That shit applies to FF2 and 3 as well.

I've made it through 1 a couple times but 12 has managed to crush me each time I attempted it no matter how much I try.

The story wants nothing to do with me and I want nothing to do with the characters and I'm not going through anymore dull brown tombs just because they want to pad out the game.

>hardest because it let's you do a level 1 run

That's like saying that Mario 64 is the hardest game ever because you can elect to try and beat the game without pressing the a button.

this guy
I like you

4 DS

story aside, it was one of the more balanced FF, much like 13-2 and Lr

it was still easy but every other FFs you could grind your problems, in this case you had a locked crystarium

they're all pretty easy, the entire combat can be summed up by "don't forget to heal when necessary, otherwise just attack". To the people who say 3, they could be right idk, I've only played the DS version although I can imagine it was made easier from the NES. VI and VII are by far the easiest though literally zero challenge.

I'm halfway through XV and it doesn't even have a story.

>VII
I don't know, I feel like FFVII has some difficulty spikes plus the superbosses are pretty tough unless you spam kotr.

I try to not consider summons like KOTR and Yojimbo when talking about difficulty in these games.

FFIX lets you do a level 1 run

3 was fucking hard imo.
4 was rough as fuck near the end.
Tactics, is rough if you are trying to get shit like Ultima.
2 was hard because of how terrible it was.
5 was perfect challenge wise, so was 6.
7 was easy because of limit breaks and 8 well you can break it.

XIII because it's a constant struggle to not kill yourself every five minutes.

Seriously though? One of the MMOs if we count them because you can't solo the games entirely and need other people to help you.

Outside that none of the games are hard, so what you're asking is which game is the least easy, then I'd say XII is the one I had most trouble with, but it was more a matter of getting to grips with the gambit system then it became the easiest.

how?

The DS remake of 4. Anyone who says otherwise hasnt played it.

I have its fucking hard as balls but so was 3

XI, no contest. If you're discounting the MMOs it's III.

could you get the monk back in the original?

>Easiest FF is probably FFV
Literally did you even play the games around it? V is much harder than IV or VI are.

3 was a bit of a shock for me, I had been so accustomed to easy shit for so long, getting fucked by a random fight made me get indignant for a bit

but then I realized that all games used to be this hard, and that I had slowly become a massive bitch

he probably grinded too much

class system makes you want to

like you couldn't find either phoenix downs or ethers so I couldn't replenish in dungeons. It was like I was playing dragon quest.

its really not? you can use the 4 monk strategy in V also, except its even better

and you can use other classes while using your 4 monks, since you learn the 'curbstomp bitches' ability after just a few battle

While the satanic rape that is III cannot be properly exemplified, it's still a game where you can grind the most broken class until you effortlessly win.

The hardest FF is most likely Dissidia Duodecim. More specifically, starting anywhere east of Pinhole in the labyrinth. Bosses have perfect AI, kill you in two hits and take a good 40 hits to kill. And then you fight Chaos and Feral Chaos which is just, goddamn.

boss dmg is proportional to your hp and you can avoid every encounter in the game, boss give ap but not exp, you grind ap by doing the friendly creature subquest.

It requires a lot of planning

doesn't sound easy at all.

I played the original dissidia for like 600 hours so by the time i got duodecim it was a cakewalk. CPU ai is easy to exploit in those games.

I wish the AI had been better, once you realize its quirks and know how to manipulate it it becomes so easy it's not even fun anymore (even on highest AI settings). With baiting + punish typically always just flawless victories regardless of gear setup/level.

No you can't. Monk is one of the worst classes in V because of how shit it is for all of world 3 and even at the peak of their power, bosses like Sandworm and Soul Cannon will fucking murder you and force you to grind over them.

Source: I've actually done a Monk SCC and had to deal with them being dead weight in Four Job Fiesta several times now.

What is the best way to play all the main games??

I never played it but XI seems like a nightmare manifest with their 48 hour boss fights and constant reliance on total strangers to not fuck up.

I played all the main titles and the DS version of 4 was the hardest for me.

in any order there is no connection between them all except direct sequels to a specific numbered final fantasy

no dude what the issue was for me was grinding, endless grinding and if you weren't a specific class you couldn't get a party. Monk was so fucked over when I played.

he probably meant which version, earlier games do have a lot

but opinions

whatever you do, just avoid the PS1 versions

Monk is still garbage, for the record.

This was also part of why it didn't get released outside japan they thought it would be too hard for western audiences. Final Fantasy Extreme was even a working title at one point.

well fuck, that in 11? I thought it got better.

FFVIII lets you do a lvl 1 run

it is easy though once you get past the grueling early game and farm up items.

FF12 you can do a lv1 playthrough too but its a lot easier since you can get a item that only gives ap on kills

Yup.

>1&2
GBA
>3
DS/PC
>4
PSP
>5
GBA
>6
GBA with sound fix patch
>7
PC
>8
PC
>9
PC
>10
PC
>12
Wait for Zodiac Age if it's not shit
>13
PC if you're feeling suicidal
>15
PS4

The last few Kingdom Hearts have been so fucking difficult. DDD has like 7 final bosses past the point of no return, and they're ALL bullshit.

idk what this anime bs is, but someone take a look at this and tell me if it would be fun?

>FFXV mechanics is two buttons, hold 1 to attack hold 2 to defend
i liked the game for all other things except the actual fucking gameplay which felt retarded much easy

If you can breathe, you can clear FFXV. it´s so stupid simple.

Was fully expecting a meme

That's Dark Souls's mechanics too, but that was GOTG so maybe it's just Squeenix's fault

Majority of people do nowadays, so to make people not expect a meme they post the actual videos of titties

ive played a lot of them and most difficult time i had was with this boss

so i'd say FF12, the only FF where i just stopped playing because of difficulty spike

forgot pic related

You're meant to run from the first one unless you've grinded like mad

I never even bothered beating ddd's super boss

what a load of horseshit

I want to suck those titties.
Source?

>tfw FF12 was all fun and games early on with challenging stuff that wanted to do RIGHT AWAY
>finally progress through story
>everything was easy up to the end, even the super bosses
not that I regret doing stuff early and becoming overpowered, because entire game would still have been pretty lukewarm anyway

What about half-A presses?

FF2 for NES. Good luck.

Original NES is hard as fuck.

IV gets really hard at the end.

VII's story mod is easy throughout, but Ruby and Emerald are some of the hardest bosses in the series.

VIII is easy throughout but I always find Ultemecia's castle to be challenging and Ultemecia herself a pretty hard final boss.

XII has very well-balanced difficulty until you get to the end, after which your party is completely invincible.

FFIV DS

>decide to do a "challenge run" by using only 1 character and keeping 3 dead
>that single character became so fucking overpowered because he gains all the stats from being hit all the time that the game became easier than with four

Emerald is actually extremely easy as far as optional bosses go. The trick is only loading one character down with materia - Barret is the best choice due to Missing Score getting massive damage numbers by doing just that - and letting them do the work while everyone else revives him when he gets dropped by Aire Tam Storm.

I'd still do them in order just so you can see the evolution of the series and gaming in general. I wouldn't necessarily force myself to play each one to the end though.

7 is pretty hard if nobody tells you how to get the chocobos or the hidden materias.

>this isn't bait

I first beat it when i was like 12 and didn't know about any of that shit, emereald and ruby are a different story.

The game literally gives you Enemy Skill as you're getting out of Midgar and immediately throws you up against monsters that spam Matra Magic on the overworld, which will dominate for a fair amount of time. Then when that starts falling off, it throws the Materia Keeper at you, which uses Trine, which will overpower any of its competition until the end of Disc 3, plus you'll get Aqualung from Chimeras or Jenova at the end of disc 1.

No, VII is not hard by any stretch of the imagination. Literally the only things worth talking about are getting sucker punched by Aqualung with no magic defense at the end of disc 1, Magic Breath dragons in Great Glacier, and Emerald Weapon.

Both are sidequest shit so it really shouldn't count

At least, if OP meant the amount of difficulty needed to reach the ending in a FF game, then yeah FF7 is one of the hardest

>then yeah FF7 is one of the hardest
Said nobody who actually played FF ever. It's barely harder than Mystic Quest.

Shit I meant to say otherwise instead of then, as in if OP included side stuff, because Ruby and Emerald are relatively one of the most difficult enemies in FF

Pretty sure it doesn't because Squall and the rest already start at lvl 7 or something.

Really, why?
I played back in 2006-ish and monks were the shit then, people kept telling. Fast aatacks/tp gain while still having really good damage. Only DD preferred over mnk was war.

Or, you know, you could load everyone up on useful materia and simply destroy his eyes once he opens them, which prevents the use of Aire Tam Storm.

Changes to the metagame, not getting necessary fixes to keep up, etc.

One of those strategies requires grinding and the other doesn't.

13 because there's no OP win strategy

The Matra Magic guys are not thrown into your face at all. They're actually a rather rare encounter. I deliberately have to farm for those guys to get the skill from them every time I play.
Getting Trine ain't all that easy either, as the boss can actually die long before he even uses it even when you're just normally playing the game as that boss isn't all that fond of Trine like Yuffie's dad.

Then there's also the fact that the enemy skill materia does fuckall throughout Midgar, so a first time FF player would probably just dismiss it in favor of something else.

Stop confusing your meta game knowledge with shit that keeps flying your way.

That and FFVIII is actually easier at lower levels because of level scaling and junctioning. The level up stat gains are pathetic without abusing the abilities that give guaranteed stat gains.

it's also the only one where you can't just grind and make everything irrelevant, it kept locking your progress to keep things balanced

difficulty in other FFs can only go under the assumption that there's no grinding happening

Fuck off, Fallout sucks

So your tactic requires grinding? Because mine doesn't. Only thing you need to work for is W-Magic, the rest is thrown into your face by the game.

>Emerald opens eyes
>dude with the double attack uses W-Magic ultima instead for 20k damage across the board
>dude 2 uses slash all which he gets from the yellow materia with the same name for 10k across the board
>dude 3 uses slash all which he hets from the purple Mega All materia for another 10k across the boarr
>eyes are now dead, no fear of Aire Tam Storm
The only other thing one has to watch out is the fact Emerald counters when his shoulders are raised.

Tactics. The original version on PS1.
You'd have to play it like you did back then - with no strategy guides or internet support.

I think that's the hardest.

Nobody did Dorter the 1st time. Nobody did Golgorand Execution Site the 1st time and Riovanes could be a real game over.

>you can never get like super stuck
I got stuck in that mine on Gran Pulse for a while. The enemies hit hard as fuck.

Gran Pulse in general was a huge difficulty spike unless you abuse a certain monster spawn for mad CP.

it mostly just expected you to go through the story and come back there later, it's like trying to do hunts early in FF12

it was fun to beat everything there while still having the crystarium locked from not having beat the game yet though

Pretty sure the NES didn't have an X button.

They're all piss easy.

Any game that you can follow a guide and immediately be good at with no execution or practice is easy.

and I'm pretty sure FF2 didn't even have monks nor a class system

and in FF3 it was a early shitty class that just had a decent HP growth

..not to mention there was sections where you were pretty much forced to use magic unless you like hitting for 1 damage

>any game that you can follow a guide

Opinion immediately disregarded

actually i got matra magic without trying when i first played. those motorball things right outside midgar use it fairly often.

This that's part of the challenge if RPGs if figuring out strategies in your own.

Reading a guide completely defeats that.

There was no X button kn FF1, retard.