Just platniumed FF15 and want more

Just platniumed FF15 and want more.
Is FF6 still good or has it aged as bad as every other SNES game?
The art is static, generic, and horrible but how is the gameplay?

>Is FF6 still good or has it aged as bad as every other SNES game?
FF6 never was that good to begin with. Lame boring world and locations, plot is underwhelming and vastly inferior to any single FF after it (except maybe 12 and 15).

>The art is static, generic, and horrible but how is the gameplay?
Like any FF up to 9, so average at best.

>or has it aged as bad as every other SNES game?
Shockingly huge generalization

>aged as bad as every other SNES game?
A lot of SNES games aged really well

Damn, I guess FF just isn't for me.
8 is...8.
9 and 7 both lost my interest when the plots just dissappear and they drop you in an empty open world with 1 location you need to go and no way of figuring out how to get there without ENDLESS amounts of random battles and talking to every boring npc in every town.
10 just gets boring after its cool first 5 hours or so.
12. Why would they make such a great combat system, and then put it in the most generic long winded game possible?
15 I enjoyed. It had a bad plot but great characters. The combat was fun to overpower in.

>Oh man FFXV is great
>Man I want to play FFVI. I hope it has the same quality as FFXV
Please fuck off moron. Its a SNES game. hasen't played the game if he calles Kefka boring at all. And for a SNES game it is really solid graphics for its time. Combat isn't anything new however that's for sure. If you are exspecting it to be anything like the quality or just like FFXV then go be disappointed and rant about it. It isnt the best FF for sure but you are setting yourself up for the 'Sup Forums LIED TO ME AGAIN meme

>has it aged as bad as every other SNES game?
yep, it aged pretty well too.

If you want more of FFXV then you're better off playing some other open world-ish RPGs like Dragon Age instead of an older Final Fantasy.

I am 23. So not old enough to grow into the system. But old enough to be around it no matter where I went.
And every game just looks bad. I look at the library and it's mostly TV show, and food product placement games.
First party titles are the best they got and I'll be honest, I know I suck, but most of them are way to frustrating to be enjoyable.
Earthbound is only game on the system I have seen that almost feels like it hasn't aged. NES has better looking games like Mega Man.

You are having a joke and refuse to be a part of it any further.

I'll have platinumed it once I've hit the fishing cap and killed the turtle, not sure I have it in me to do that turtle fight though. I'm level 70 and gave up yesterday after and hour and a half, it was nearly down to half health. I'm not a big trophyfag, but I feel like FFXV should have had a few more. Maybe some more side quests, maybe something about finishing the end-game dungeons another for collecting all the music albums or something.

I love turn based combat. Really, everything inside the combat can stay the same. The only one I don't like it real time turn based.
The biggest turn offs would be confusing to explore, boring npcs, boring or overly political plot. Easy to get permanently lost just because you put the game down for a day or two to work.

Dude I beat the turtle in about 15 minutes. Just look up the video of how to defeat him in 8 minutes. If you half the things he does correctly you will beat him as fast as I did. I messed up alot.

This, Dragon's Dogma is just FFXV OP

Alright i will take a look at it. I saw it and maybe wrongly assumed it was like Monster Hunter.

>Just look up the video
I don't feel like I'll deserve the plat if I look anything up. It's the main reason why I have so many games left unplatinumed, even if I'm missing a single collectible, looking it up would diminish the accomplishment for me. Thanks for the suggestion though, I think I'll just go for some better legendary weapons to see if I can speed it up.

Alright. Just get the Zwill Daggers, use enchant and Peirce. Period. Hit the fins to make him fall. You will do 9999 damage every half a second or so if you have those 3. At full health the Zwill daggers have a 80% boost on top of being the most powerful daggera.

Also put all your rare coins and debased into really weak spells with highest expericast without it going over 99, use them on the monster north of hammerhead until he dies and you will get 100-300k exp per kill. Unequpt your party so they don't kill him so fast. Save and reload at hammerhead and you will be from lv 30 to 99 in a few minutes let alone lv 70.

Both of you fucking retarded faggots need to shoot each other in the fucking kneecaps then stab each other to death.

I thought Dragon's Dogma was just monster hunter

>You guys should do something badass.
Ok.

Some of the worst in the series. It's braindead easy and broken as shit.

SNES games don't look bad. Megaman X, castlevania, a link to the past are all on the SNES. FF games look good on it. Fuck yourself if you like the horrible 3d shit

-Blurbly muffled audio
-Dull colors
-Repeating ""realistic"" textures
-Everything looks like a majorly downsized .jpg, like the artists are ignoring the resolution limitation instead of embracing it with the exception of Mario and Earthbound.
-boring blue box with white outline used for every rpg.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Why even post here if you don't even really like video games

A link to the past actully does look excelent. But outside of having tight controls everything else in the game is throwaway trash used to sell Nintendo Power magazines for hiiiidddeeen seeecreeets oooh buy our products.
I spent so much time on that game trying to play it like one would play a fucking game and got nothing done. My freinds roomate comes in and gets all excited to see us play it. He picks it up and starts finding hidden shit everywhere never explained in the game. "Gotta read the guidebooks and nintendo power man". Fuck that game.

Every Snes game looks, sounds, and plays the exact same. Especially the rpg. Point of thread was to see if ff6 was different and worth a shot.

I was saying it looked good, I didn't comment on the quality of any of those games. Though I did like it I think more action based stuff like megaman and castlevania are better games

This is beyond retarded, and isn't true at all. Because they have blue boxes? If you are this much of a pleb, just play banal 3d games like XV that require no skill and miss out on classics.

>Every Snes game looks, sounds, and plays the exact same.
If you're blind, deaf, and retarded, I guess.

Pop quiz!
What game is this?
A. Chrono Trigger
B. Phantasy Star
C. Final Fantasy 3
D. Secret of Mana
E. A Link to the Past
F. All the Above

CORRECT! It's all of them. They are all generic copy pasta reused assets used over the span of more then a decade to the point where you can put one together in 20 minutes if you know how to work Windows.

>Is FF6 still good
Better than XV.

Golden Sun would have also been a sufficient answer.

Using a FFXV thread as a decoy to shit on the SNES isn't that clever user.

>Lame boring world and locations
The world is built as good as you can on an SNES, if you are talking about the world in general, then it is by far more interesting than XV's.
>plot is underwhelming
The plot is good and consistent.
>vastly inferior to any single FF after it
How does it feel having shit taste?

>overly political plot
Since when has that been a bad thing?

Genesis wasn't much better in the RPG department. But at least Sonic 1-3 look, play, and especially sound like they where made a day ago... perfect balance of challenge and fun (except Marble and Chemical Plant Zone). Designs havnt aged a say. Music has sharp clean treble and deep hard hitting bass. Nintendo I belive have matched this level of quality with Mega Man 1-6. But why not on the snes??

they don't all look like that at all unless you literally have autism

if you want more FFXV you really shouldn't look to other FF games user.

Relatable way to start a plot:
Fallout 3 - save your dad
Oblivion - go find your place in this world.
Xenoblade - protect your freinds
Wind Waker - save your sister

Overly political bullshit:
Skyrim: you are race called dragon born and i know you just started but i am jebidia of the land calzone i am leader of pulchro clan even though you dont know who that is, and that guy tied up is important for you to know because fuck fun and 2 sides want you to join them but one belive this political stuff and now you must talk to the klarsufca clan of munks on the mountain of nebliehiem with exposition about the country and the stars blah blah blaaahfjvns.

FF15 - You are pushing a car and your freinds protect you. More convaluted stuff is happening, but your character is focus on surviving so you should to. Here is some exposition and extra info on the sides further on in the game if you are interested or else if you dont, it won't get in the way.
Perfect.

ADD and Aderall induced OCD. Every autistic I know has a easy time distinguishing names, faces, games, and plots.

>[unintelligible noises]

Just retarded then?

They don't get a pass on medeocrety just because of your nostalgia. Pirates of carrabean world in KH2 and mortal combat both try to look trendy and realistic. It makes it look like trash now.
Wink Waker Shanae, and Earthbound. Sonic, Mega Man, Okami, No More Heroes, pacman, etc attempted to be art before all else and those games look wounderful today. SNES has barely any other other than those I named. It was all about selling merch and food to stupid children.

I could tell you all the reasons why FF6 is one of the best Final Fantasy Games there ever was but I already can tell you are a shitter but saying every SNES game aged poorly. You don't deserve to play it.

I was going to give you a 6/10, but you've actually gotten a lot of replies. 8/10

I really am just rambling and ranting in a pointless tangent. Despite my bashing I wrote down some of the games recommended to me so I can check them out. Thanks for the info

That's clearly Wild ARMs

If it is reasons why it is good for a snes game, then good job keeping it to yourself. But if you think it is good by FF standards I am willing to listen.

There's people herr bashing the SNES and its great RPGs. Do you people even like videogames?

kek