There you are, extracted from the late night E.Y.E thread as a geyser freed from its earthly mantle

There you are, extracted from the late night E.Y.E thread as a geyser freed from its earthly mantle.

Is the brokeness what makes EYE?

Because I feel like you could make a really cool cyberpunk game out of it, but I don't know if making a "fixed" EYE would be missing the point.

FUUUUUUCK
I've been trying to get that one legendary class for like a year. For how long I've been lvl49?

i'm not sure if it can be 'fixed' while still keeping the experience intact. it may not have been intentional on the part of the devs, but how broken the game is really adds to the surrealist atmosphere

You could try making it all action, but I dunno.

>Is the brokeness what makes EYE?

Yes.

>captcha: Calle Calle
Hmm...

The game could really use some custom maps. Something better designed than the default ones. The Canal/Street, or whatever that one secondary mission map with a single street, is called is great, but too short and empty.

Where were you shitters yesterday I made threads for servers. Nah just playing s'all good.

I've been going through the campaign with fresh eyes, haven't gone through it in two years or so. I've noticed a major fault in the game. At various points in the game there are NPCs who talk about humanity ravaging whole worlds and the meta-streumonic force is manifesting monstrosities to combat humanity's ravaging of nature. But we don't see any of these things firsthand. The same problem comes in with Rimanah. Akmal and Mentor talk about how Mentor made a mistake that forever changed Rimanah, but this is never elaborated on. BOTH these angles take a backseat to the fact that Rimanah sent his wife down to the forbidden part and tortured her himself so he imprisoned himself in a cycle of guilt out of lovelornness. That's fine, but hte other themes going on shouldn't have taken a backseat to that.

You can even ask Akmal to elaborate on what Mentor did to Rimanah, and he just rambles off on some bullshit which makes it indicative the writer didn't care or didn't have time to finish that thread.

>but too short and empty.

Put your game on Master or Ghost difficulty with invasion spawns. Have fun dying and being forced to adapt. Also someone started a Steam discussion thing cataloguing a few different maps and mods, check it in the EYE community hub.

Reminder that the sequel can be made now they finished SHDW

>Put your game on Master or Ghost difficulty with invasion spawns
Gee, it's really fun to fight hordes of mindless enemies coming in straight lines for me on a boring/lifeless map. Really improves the gameplay.
Also yes, the AI is shitty too.

>check it in the EYE community hub
will do, thanks

>Gee, it's really fun to fight hordes of mindless enemies coming in straight lines for me

See, that's how I know you haven't played on Ghost with invasion spawns. Because the enemies can snipe you from the entire map away on ghost. They spread out, throw more grenades.

It probably won't be anything like E.Y.E

>enemies can snipe you from the entire map away
that sounds fun as well

>Where were you shitters yesterday I made threads for servers
I only play with my Jian pros. Culter fucking shits can go home

Last part I have if anyone has any more of these

It's such a terrible game but so unapologetically unique that it's hard not to be drawn into it.

>makes waves

So is this game actually good? Like Stalker and Gothic tier?

see It takes some getting used to

It has that ambitious but amateur flavor, the game isn't actually good at all but everything is designed in a way to make you want to see what happens next.

If you select create a server instead of just campaign, (you can run the campaign from creating a server, however) you have more options as well, making their sight distance and other things even harder.

This.

>the game isn't actually good at all

Oh please, it's no Big Rigs.

I wonder if there's anyway to mid the weapons. The double barrel shotgun could really use a buff, it's worthless.

so a psychic who wants to die sort of an heroes into an n-dimensional singularity

and the biggest singularity of them all is 'the wolf'

which is so big it sucks up all the smaller singularities

and that's where shinji is trapped eating the lotus seeds of his own mind

have I got that right?

Except you are not Shinji. You are Rimanah.

There should be more maps, yeah. More enemy variety. I've been playing Syndicate Black Ops lately; 24 co-op (or single-player) maps with plenty of variety. E.Y.E. has the stock maps which get re-used for side-missions with random objectives. You can talk to the extra NPC to load up the other maps like the mushroom greenhouse one, but those just end up being variations of "Kill all the looters." They're fun on higher difficulties but after playing SBO it's crazy the difference more enemies can do.

wait
shin is not rim?

Shhh no tears. Only brouzoufs.

>n-dimensional singularity
Slow down there, Witten.

how do i make waves

STOP MAKING WAVES
I TOLD YOU TO STOP MAKING WAVES
I SEE YOU'VE TAKEN NOTHING FROM MY LESSONS

I'd like to see you try not to make waves. At least Rimanah is reasonable

Cloak+Dragon.

CYCLES

Status OK....... Files loaded...--
--Shinji's thoughts--

Shinji Osajima lives in a world which has lost all sense of moral reference. When he walks the streets of the megalopolis, he notices that the number of homeless is constantly increasing while mutual aid and compassion erode daily.

Following the catastrophe known as the "Croon incident", Federation social security and welfare have become a myth, even though the main argument for world unification of the space colonies was in fact, universal prosperity, for all.

Shinji reminisces about his childhood and his youthful holidays in the mountains, with nature. Already then, the mountains were in bad shape, but today, they are a disaster that no one seems to care about. Over the last 50 years, people are more interested in the conquest of space and the creation of new colonies in the borders of the known universe than the preservation of the environment. There are even annoying antigravity vehicles, a kind of thought police, preaching about the benefits of colonization, which loiter outside his flat every single evening. Why fix the problems at home if you can go off-world and start afresh in an unspoiled environment, ripe for despoiling.

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that individualism and self-consciousness have become the leading qualities in the modern human being. In the best light, humanity takes refuge in social groups, family and work or, as the "psychic conditioners" (nicknamed by some workers from unnamable social movements) trained by the Para-psychic corps like to call it, company spirit. In the worst case, the human race is infantile, narcissistic, aggressive, superficial, uncultivated, distressed and wondering why they have become so complacent.

No wonder why they are that way with the plethora of spiritual movements that spawn throughout the universe, it's in fashion to be spiritualized. It sells well and allows people an escape from their pathetic lives. In any case, this is the message espoused by Shinji's favorite media station, Channel 909; a message inspired by false pretenses, old religions and spiritual movements but lacking substance.

Glorious information! The most priceless commodity and the most sought after. Media is king and formats people as much as it educates them. Is this Paradoxical or complementary?

Media governs all life and influences all human desires, not unlike animism's time with its "primitive values", media defines acceptable behavior, conformity, and societal norms with codes of conduct and uniformity, that may, at first view, appear different... The matrix, a vast ocean of datum, this parallel computer universe, becomes a refuge... Virtual reality has become more important than real life. Cyber pets take precedence over the feeding of real, living, breathing, crying infants and less costly. Hackers have become the new super stars in a world of constant transmutation.

Is this phenomenon surprising? Shinji thinks not. These days everything is for sale; money and economy replace religion. Profits replace humanity. A contract hit is less expensive than a dinner in a fancy restaurant.

Just like every Friday evening, Shinji eats in a nice restaurant, The Singing Dragon. He seeks a woman and is immediately attracted to a dark-haired, green-eyed one.

She will be the one... same as every Friday night, Shinji hunts for his prey. After a decadent dinner, Shinji feels stuffed to the point of sickness, but he notices a beautiful girl and the frail young man who accompanies her have finished their feast and are about to leave. Our killer follows them to the underground car park. After a moment's hesitation, he awkwardly slices the throat of the girl's lover with a fast blow of his Wakisachi. The girl is terrorized and starts to scream, but not for long; Shinji reaches for his electric club and knocks his victim out cold.

Same as every Saturday, Shinji tortures and rapes a different woman in his cellar. Once his sadistic weekly ritual is completed, he decapitates her, devoid of emotion. Every Sunday, Shinji buries the bloody and mutilated corpse of his victim in the Elato forest which is venerated by the Ancients who called it "the Sanctuary". Shinji has accomplished this macabre ceremony for 12 long years, since returning from the colonial wars.

>DW cpntrols slow and bulky
Reee

You're a terminator, not a cyber ninja on space coke.