Daily reminder that Bloodborne is one of the best games ever made

Daily reminder that Bloodborne is one of the best games ever made.

Has there ever been more atmosphere and better setting in a video game? Thank you based Miyazaki

God bless

Yes

Dark Souls 3

What's the difference between Bloodborne and Dark Souls?

I hope you're trolling

It shares a first spot with MGS3: Subsistence as the greatest videogame ever made.

But let's face it, MGS3 left a stronger impression on all of us.

It's gonna be great when it inevitably comes out on PC.

>those graphics

ayy lmao

Already did, called Dark Souls 3 and it is superior to Bloodborne. 4k res @ 60 fps, godtier.

Keep dreaming PCcuck

>That atmosphere

>when it inevitably comes out on PC.

PC is irrelevant and won't get Bloodborne.

Are you literally me ?

Says somebody who has clearly never played Bloodborne. Ds3 a shit, Bloodborne is the real deal.

Stories are vastly different
Main characters are different
Setting is different
Gameplay is faster in bloodborne and relies on dodges
Gameplay is slower in Dark Souls which focuses more on blocking
Build variety is better in Dark Souls, letting you pick a playstyle between many weapons
Bloodborne build variety is more focused on the specific weapon (s) you want to use.

Saved for the inevitable compilation pic.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R has the best atmosphere in vidya

>Has there ever been more atmosphere and better setting in a video game?
Yes.

Agreed user, after TOHs it is now my favorite game. Yharnam is such a great world, that atmosphere and level design.

That moon isnt even fully rendered

its just a wall paper

Pkeks will never ever forever experience such an experience

Tfw demon souls and bloodborne are canonically in the same universe

Tfw the land of Loran that was consumed by the sands is the location of the old one in demon souls

Tfw im not greentexting

Tfw i have no face

Yes OP I have seen video games with great atmosphere that rival if not surpass it but I won't bring them up to keep people from bitching. I will say, for a game that takes place in a nightmarish world, the game does it well.

das3 is easily the weakest souls game by virtue of the fact that miyazaki so clearly didn't want to do it

Stop comparing a shit Splinter Cell too Bloodborne.

>too
>sonyggers

You made me buy a ps4shit for this game and its not even that good.

stop the shill already.

>better atmosphere
>better setting

Yes, it's called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

why does every screenshot of bloodborne feature the same edgy ninja in black with a stupid hat in the same grey environment?
are there no alternative armor sets in the game? or char creator? are locations limited to one same castletown thing?

>falling for obvious bait that calls MGS Splinter Cell

The town is sort of the central areas of the game. You might think it sucks that like 5 areas are designed ratherly similarly but they all have slight differences. Old Yharnam looks pretty different from the Cathedral Ward even if they both have gothic architecture. On top of that it gives this great feeling like it's a real city and you have actually walked most of it. It has teh classic Dark Souls feeling of getting to the top of a tall building and getting to look around and see all the places you've been and all the ones you'll probably go to.

There are other areas they are just later in the game, mostly for thematic reasons. I'd hate to spoil to much so I'll just say enemies, areas equipment, etc gets more and more arcane and nightmarish as the game goes on. That's the same reason you see the saem gear. It's early game armor and there are like 4 or 5 sets that look similar to that in teh early game.

what webs we weave

Im glad you're having fun user

Too bad the end bosses were quite a let down. Gehrman was a fun fight but just a bit too easy, mergo's wet nurse was a joke and the moon precence wasn't hard either. Still, the only game ever I bothered to platinum, and even though the chalice dungeons were tedious, the bosses were mostly fun and you could easily just run to them

I've always gotten the feeling that Miyazaki kinda views his games as all taking place in the same universe even if he can't say that for fear of legal repercussions.

Sam Knight, we meet again.

>merely pretending

chalice dungeons were the best part of the game and anybody who disagrees is a fucking pleb

>Too bad the end bosses were quite a let down. Gehrman was a fun fight but just a bit too easy
What? What boss was harder that wasn't DLC?

Also the Orphan of Kos is the real final fight now and there is no way you can say that's easy. I've never seen a game so improved by DLC.

Why are you pretending 2 and Demon's dont exist?

Shut the fuck up. Demon's souls have nothing to do dark souls. And the souls games have nothing to do bloodborne. The great moonlight sword and Patches are in every game because they're an easter egg. That's all

I disagree. I'm not someone who hated them, in fact I actually enjoyed them latter in the game when I found out how to hunt down good blood gems. That aside though they are not the best part. The best part of any Souls game, including Bloodborne, is exploring new areas, finding new equipment and crazy new enemies.

Chalice dungeons fail in that they start to reuse assets very quickly. Also the dungeon designs, even those designed by hand, are boring for the most part. Aside from a few unique set pieces I could never remember any specific room if you asked me to. I can however remember the entire overworld by heart because it is more interesting visually and more memorable.

And Demon Souls also has nothing to do with Bloodborne yet you claimed it did because somethign visually looked the same. Jesus why the fuck did this trigger you so much?

By the way, is the Storm Ruler also an easter egg?

>I can however remember the entire overworld by heart because it is more interesting visually and more memorable.

How? The layout is like always the same.

I found things like Vicar Amelia and The one reborn harder than Gehrman for whatever reason. The daughter of cosmos was the hardest main game boss to me, too. Not that German was exactly easy, but my style of playing just worked against him

Hell, I even died to Micolash more than against Gehrman and ended up cheesing him on every playthrough

Why couldn't more bosses be like Ludwig? I mean, this boss was literally everything right with the Souls series. Challenging as fuck, but still not reaching the BS-tier that was Loran Darkbeast and Ebrietas charge attack.

How do you get from this...

You quoted the sentence that answers how I remember the overworld easier, then asked how I could remember the overworld when it's always the same.

I truly have no idea what you are trying to ask. If you mean the Chalice Dungeons are always the same, again, I answered the issue and you even quoted it. It doesn't matter if they are always the same when there are 5 floors of different dungeons that look just like each other.

Dark Souls is better, and BB/DaS3 are about equal in quality. And by that I mean, they're both good, but disappointing.

It's funny how slapping Myiazaki's name on any game will automatically make it good to the FromDrone eye.

Timestamp to prove I played it soon, it's asinine that I need to do this but sonyggers will cry "never ever pcuck" if I don't. Sad.

Imagine a dark souls game where you were forced to play the right way

BLOODBORNE

To this? Godtier.

3 is the best, come back when another souls game can challenge it at 4k res 60fps ultra hd textures.

patricia

its ok, atmosphere and story is great - combat a bit meh, items/progression are meh at best.

Dark Souls doesn't focus on blocking, you just played it wrong

>miyazaki so clearly didn't want to do it
You are fucking retarded if you believe this

I find it so weird how you ask people what the hardest bosses in Bloodborne wer and you almost always get different answers.

See the funny thing is, I think The One Reborn was one of the EASIEST bosses in the game and I thought Gerhman was one of the hardest.

Ebrietas was one of the hardest till they nerfed her. If you haven't played her since they did you would probably find her easy now.

Vicar Amelia I had a little trouble with but that was just me not knowing the game that well yet.

I never had issue with Micolash either, in fact he's the only Bloodborne boss I beat on my very first try on my first playthrough.

If he didn't want to do it he wouldn't have done it. He didn't do Dark Souls 2 because he was making Bloodborne and now he's actually president of FROM. No one could make him do DaS3 if he didn't want to.

Don't ignore me Sam.

Dark Souls 3 was started before he became president. And the whole company is still owned by Kadokawa anyway.

In Dark Souls "hardest boss" meant "hardest boss to shield cheese", O&S got it a lot because there were two of them, making it hard to play behind a shield.

Bloodborne the hardest depends on what weapon you use, there's significantly more variation. Not that DS didn't have bosses that were hard with certain weapons, they were just overshadowed by the ones hard on shield users. I'd say Bloodborne is more balanced across the board

Still doesn't change what I said. If he said he wasn't going to make it they were not going to fire the guy who put them on the map and just got promoted to president.

Not only would it be bad buisness it would make them look extremely incompetent to promote someone to president then immediately demote/fire them.

>there's a wrong way to play dark souls meme
What's the wrong way of playing BB I wonder

oh right there is none, because there's no crutch used by 90% of the playerbase, like shields.

Yea I think you just hit the nail on the head with that explanation. One thing that comes to mind about Bloodborne bosses, certain ones are super susceptible to heavy weapons because they can have body parts more easily broken by them like the Darkbeast. That kind of thing just wasn't in Dark Souls.

>19/10/16

lol you need to fit in on Sup Forums so much that you took a picture to validate your Internet argument
That's what I'd call sad.

>ludwig shitter

Yes, he probably could have exerted his influence to drop a project he was already involved with, but I don't think the fact that he didn't means that he was excited about making it.

dark souls is not better than bloodborne

>19/10/16
I've seen that picture at least 5 times.
silly nigger

Alright Sup Forums, you convinced me. I'm gonna borrow my friend's ps4 for this game.

You're both retards, there's no "right" way to play any souls game. Especially Dark Souls.

I'm here to discuss vidya you nigger, and sonyggers won't let me say anything about their game

It is though

goddam das3 looks like garbage, and not because of textures, but because of trash bleak boring lightning that makes everything look flat

>but I don't think the fact that he didn't means that he was excited about making it.
But that's nto what you said the first time. You claimed he didn't want to make. Not being excited about somethign and outright not wanting to do it aren't the same thing.

Furthermore, you're still just makign an assumption. What're you basing that on? Like I said he agreed to direct it when he didn't direct 2. He could have just been producer again if he really didn't want to do it completely hands on.

Come back when you've got some 5s faggot. Even just one.

And timestamp, PS4 is not with right me now

BB2 when?

Is it time?

Ok you really need to stop going this far to prove a false point so fuck off

>screws up month

No

you could have spent some time explaining why it's mediocre instead of taking these stupid pictures

>it's a bad game, i have pictures of the game in my home so i'm automatically right

Don't bother trying to educate people.

You realize you are all but admitting you've neevr playe dit.

>Here's a time stamp
>that's from fuckign months ago user
>ok here's a new timestamp btw without the PS4 or Bloodborne to prove I actually played it.

Fuck off. You can't actually be this stupid.

Artorias of the Abyss = The Old Hunters > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 DLC 1-3 > Dark Souls 2

Bloodborne is far from being a perfect game, there are way too many design flaws and bad boss fights. The DLC was damn near perfect, though. If only the entire game had had that level of quality.

Still not the right date. Still proving you're just a retard. Also even if it was the right date why do you think a timestamp without the game means fucking anything?

>there are way too many design flaws and bad boss fights
same can be said about das1
also das2 sotfs was definitely better than das3, speaking strictly from pve experience

Move AotA below DeS and your list is perfect. I like the bosses, but the DLC as a whole overrated.

Kill yourself

Yeah, most people seem to have their own that one boss in this game, though I almost never see the one reborn mentioned when discussing the hardest bosses. I learned to deal with amelia after my first playthrough, but always struggled with the reborn. For some reason I can't read it's attacks at all and try to heal at bad moments.

Then there is the BSB, who is apparently really hard to some players but is one of the two bosses who never killed me in the game, the other being mergo's wet nurse

Dark Souls 2 has the worst PvE in the series by virtue of it's shit character control and general sluggish floatiness. And ADP.

>dark souls is better than bloodborne

pc cuck lmao
your games are shit bro fuck your emo vampires

Hopefully never, let From move on

Also 5

What?

I will, but you know why I had to post those pictures.

While I think the aesthetic of the game is great and like how detailed everything is, I couldn't help but to get bored after playing brown city after brown city. That's probaly why Mergo's Loft, Forbidden Woods and Hemwick are my favorite areas in the game, they're a bit different from the rest. Also the individual level design is very good but I feel like it overuses ladders a bit too much.

There's also the fact that the RPG aspects of the game are really weak, I played through the game twice and both of my characters naturally drifted towards the same build, it didn't feel like I had to commit to my character wich ruins part of the fun I have with these games and my kills my immersion a little bit.

It also has the same problem I had with DaS3, and it's that Bloodborne is linear as fuck compared to DeS(from what I've seen, never really played it), DaS and even DaS2. This again ties into the fact that the RPG aspects are not that great, the game simply doesn't give you enough freedom. The combat being a bit better is still no excuse for this.

There's also a bunch of other small but annoying things like not being able to reset the areas by using the lamps, blood vials being a finite consumable resource, overall performance, etc...

Again it just didn't pick up my interest as much as the previous titles. I hope FromSoft's next title isn't souls, I love their games but they really need to move on.

but adp allowed for better build specialization, want to be fast ninja wearing rags - get adp
want to cosplay havel - get vit
it all makes sense
people hated it because it wasnt like that in das1/des, but ultimately it was an elegant choice.

character control suffered from some weird deadzones, but "general sluggish floatiness" is what i would say about das1, not das2.

how come this game has only sold like 2 million copies when there are almost 50 million PS4s in circulation? It's only 20 bucks too

Souls series is shit.

>ultimately it was an elegant choice.
ultimately all it does is force everyone to sink 20 points into adp to get 99 agility you fucking moron

did you literally not read the first sentence of my post
>everyone
everyone who wanted to abuse iframes for easy dodging was "sinking" points into adp, yes
everyone who didnt - wasnt.

>but adp allowed for better build specialization
Except it didn't because at the end of the day everyone leveled it high enough for the I frames to match the animation and then no higher.

You are just showing how little you understand about the game's mechanics and what builds people would do. You are correct that it was supposed to do that in theory but in reality it was a must have stat that you needed leveled to a certain amount. Everyone who planned their builds did this. Everyone who didn't complained about the unresponsive, shitty roll because they didn't understand the horrible mechanics of changing the i frames but not the animation.