Can somebody explain the hype for this game...

Can somebody explain the hype for this game ? I'm not even baiting but are people really going to buy this only because of the cute female character ? Graphics looks bad (even for a ps4), gameplay seems boring ? Why the hype ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HIGH-CUT LEOTARD

Ground-breaking upskirt mechanics

Why do you care what people like and are willing to buy? I can't believe you made a thread about this. Get off your high horse, you chimpnigger.

Hack n Slash / bullet hell by platinum games with Nier aesthetic
it's almost as if there are people out there who like those things

>Graphics looks bad (even for a ps4), gameplay seems boring

Why hello there, shitposter-kun. Almost started answering your question seriously, but then I realized it's you.

MY DICK

>game has some projectiles to dodge
>"bullet hell"

Fuck off with this

Robutt waifu. That's it.
Story is probably 100% contrived edge and grimdarkness and the gameplay is your usual casualised Platinium button mashing.

BIG
ROUND
ASSCHEEKS

No. People are hyped for it because its the next game in a series that everyone thought was dead being made by a well known studio who's known for being the best in action games.

Also qt android.

basically MGR with pretty android girls wearing high heels.

This

>people are shitting on the graphics in this game

Graphixfags are seriously the biggest retards around. No wonder gaming sucks so much nowadays.

of course they wouldn't put the actual bullet hell segments in the demo because normie faggots such as yourself would get rekt
it has bullet hell moments faggot, kill yourself

>Being this mad about the dead videogame industry

This. Reminds me of that other shit game that sold a ton because MUH THICC ROBUTT.

It's nothing, dumbo. It's a game where you "Press X to Dodge Anything".

games with thicc robutts can't be shit

>being made by a well known studio who's known for being the best in action games.

I just played the demo and I can't honestly. Maybe it's just a vocal fanbase.

name a better studio from the still active ones

boring is probably the wrong word, i meant "classic" or "overused"

Because it's a Taro game and Taro fans only get a game from him once in a blue moon, this time it's with actually good gameplay.
Not difficult to understand at all.

Cute android girls
Fast awesome-looking combat system
Interesting story

>MUH GRAPHICS

jesus I would hate to be you. If those are bad graphics then all my favorite games have shit graphics.

Naughty Dog

>gameplay seems boring
>seems
Try harder, op

>Graphics looks bad (even for a ps4)

confirmed pc cuck

X isn't even the dodge button dumby

Not an argument.

the grafix arent good
but it runs at 60fps on PS4, and the animations and everything else are great

I played Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and loved it. Since "this game" is going to be more of the same, Im going to buy it

X is jump. L2 is evade.

they've only made platformers and third person shooters you dimwit

From Software, Team Ninja, Santa Monica Studio, Harebrained, Heart Machine...

Platinum Games is just overrated bullshit with edgelord design for anime fags.

"press x to z" is a 8-year old joke, it doesn't literally mean the X button
jesus christ

>Gameplay seems boring

My only experience with Platinum games is the Bayonetta series and MGR.

This demo, minus the top-down sections where you can't see shit, trumps both of them.

he's probably referring to this boss battle:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y

but you have to consider getting the timing right because if it's not frame perfect that's a huge chunk of your life gone and you gotta make sure not to dodge into other attacks

Just because Wonderful 101, Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, Starfox Zero, and TMNT Mutants in Manhattan were all shit doesn't mean Nier Automata will be too.

I hated the first game because it had the dumb mechanic of losing all your powers after the tutorial. Couldn't care less about this one

>Couldn't care less
IT'S "COULD" "COULD CARE LESS' YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
STOP THIS SHIT

>Wonderful 101
>shit

I'm here for the panty shots.

It is shit

It doesn't matter. "Hell" in bullet hell isn't a meme. You can't yoloswag through 99% of projectiles while abusing invulnerability frames.

Maybe if you played the game through to the end, you'd understand why that happened.

>Flashy animations
>CURAZEE XD combat
>Big and fast weapons
>Nihilistic JRPG story
>Waifu character with small breasts and fat butt for the ephebophile

It's the perfect weeb game.

you're shit

The director of the game has a dedicated fanbase, as does Platinum games. Platinum fans hype up everything that they come out with.

Also, some people are just easily impressed by flashy shit.

fuck off you homo

>make it exclusive so Sonyggers get interested
>it's fucking Nier
>then announce port to Steam so PCfats can celebrate another victory

That's how you get everyone hyped as fuck for the game.

@361465269
Cutting off your (You) supply.

>trumps both of them.
how?

>Wonderful 101
Good
>Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation and TMNT Mutants
Low budget shit made by a C-team
>Starfox Zero
>Platinum
Are you fucking retarded?

>Le cuhrayzey xDD Le piratinum games xdD

Fuck off retard

less shit than 'platinum games' games

>Why the hype ?
I get to play as the gynoid(Male)

>Wonderful 101
>Transformers Devastation
>shit
You're shit, you fucking faggot.

>From Soft and Team Ninja not for anime fags.

Animu fans love their games user.

Pretty sure you're being memed on, friendo

Did it just to trigger faggots like you. Works every time just like SuMo
No I hate that mechanic. I dropped prototype and GoW.

lol

1. Le Ebin random jap
2. Fanservice

FFXV fags on suicide watch!

>Since "this game" is going to be more of the same

It's not, this is a J-RPG with action combat, it won't be anywhere as deep as MGR or Bayonetta.

This. They had me at "Taro".

>From Software
One trick pony and can't even do that trick well. All SoulsBB games are rushed and buggy.
>Team Ninja
When was the last time they made a decent game?
>Santa Monica Studio
They made something good after GoW2? I own PS3 and PS4, so I have proof that they did not.
>Harebrained
>Heart Machine
Literally who?

>good combat
>interesting story
>great soundtrack
>qt android as a protag
it literally has everything you need for a great game

But we hardly ever get games with all those elements. It's no like these games are some over done genre like FPS or open-world. They are very niche.

Demo is already miles deeper than MGR and Bayonetta shit, stop with your bait.

That looks pretty ballin, not gonna lie

>MGR
>Deep

Thanks user, i kek'd hard on this one

liar

Oh. I wasnt aware. I wouldnt call those games "deep" but I get what you're saying

Yeah honestly this is like a dream game for me, it has everything I want, can't fucking wait.

good one

Which is why i said it's the perect weeb game.

Also add a catchy OST.

I dunno if anything can get more shit than your obviously shit taste faggot

I played NierAutomata demo, and no. It feels even more auto than XV does.

Because a lot of gamers are kissless virgins and virtual imaginations are the only way they'll get a woman.
I wouldn't say the game is hyped. Sup Forums is full of anime fans, so of course many will talk about it around here.

But honestly, the gameplay does look really fun. And I think the graphics are good.

>Fromsoft, one-trick

someone hasn't played very many games.

How? I keep seeing people that say this, but they never eloborate.

Tarocucks have been saying the same thing about drakengard 3 but in reality all they wanted is to play as a cuckslut.

BOIPUCCI

Top kek/10 post my friend

yeah , god forbid someone likes games with some energy, any form of enthusiasm is autistic as fuck amirite my fellow epic channers?
kill yourself, trash.

>god forbid someone likes games with some energy

You could just play the demo and see for yourself.

Most of the time you aren't pressing buttons when attacks are happening, you can just tap a few times and then a long animation will play, or hold it and a long animation will play. XVs holding mechanic doesn't even work that way since all it does is do your combo for the duration you hold down the button until you let go, in Nier Automata it plays a long animation regardless. It felt way more automated.

I'd be looking forward to it with or without the booty cutie.

That's because I played Nier, and really liked it. If you didn't play Nier, or you didn't like it, then you've got no reason to be excited for this game.

You mean long-running series of low budget mecha games and baby's first dungeon crawler that didn't get a new game in over a decade? What a track record! Is Bioware your favorite developer too? I mean, they made the best DnD RPG 2 decades ago, surely that means they're amazing!

By energy he means TEST.
HIGH TEST GAME.

>Can somebody explain the hype for this game ?
Did you play Drakengard or Nier?
While those had really interesting characters, world and exceptional atmosphere they were kind of lacking in the game play department.
It wasn't outright horrible (assuming you didn't want all ends or plat because that would mean A LOT OF GRIND) but it also wasn't anything to write home about.
Now there's a chance we'll get another Yoko Taro game, this time with possibly above average gameplay and that's what makes me excited.

? you now its gonna be released on PC too ?

You are either delusional or baiting, for your sake I will assume that you are baiting.

I'm not even shitting on the game though so I don't know why you think anything I said is somehow bait.

I played the first game and it was really fun, probably one of my top favorites of all time.

Why would I not be excited that one of my favorite games is getting a sequel with improved gameplay?