Nintendo 64

Nintendo 64

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qi7pn0sGA3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>those fucking color choices

hnnnnnnnggggg

Why cant current gens have options like this that arent an extra 50 bucks or some dumb fuckin exclusive package?

Only 100 bucks for a new console
wtf happen

ps4 and the 3ds has faceplates you can change, thats sorta similar

>manufacture system with 5 different colors
>3 colors sell nicely while other 2 rot
>lose all the money spent manufacturing those 2 colors
This is why

>not posting the gif version

Games used to be $80+ though

youtube.com/watch?v=qi7pn0sGA3c

Funtastic Series didn't start hitting store shelves until early 2000.

By then, N64 was 3 years old.

N64

yeah, n64 used to be brutal for kid me who never got an allowance and was never allowed to rent games. cheapest i ever saw n64 games for were $30 generally, quite a bit out of reach.

still hate that my folks refused to let me buy conker's bad fur day brand new for $5 when a store was trying to fire sale them. (an associate mentioned game content and that prevented the sale)

>FUNTASTIC COLORS
>$99
>Perfect Dark

eww nice

The 90s ended.

Was a gigantic bore.

Launch price of N64 was $200 ($300 after adjusting to inflation) and even that is mostly because they wanted to be competitive with Sony, originally the launch price was supposed to be $250 ($385 nowadays) so it's not really that much different from the price you pay nowadays. On top of that cartridges were fucking expensive.

>Hot software to go with totally cool hardware!

HE'S ON FIRE

Jesus 60 bucks? I always remember them all being 49.99.

I better check my nostalgia self before i wreck myself.

Wait which ones sold?

good thing n64 are still cheap besides the popular ones like mario or zelda.
Got Mischief Makers, Mickey's USA, Top Gear Rally and DKR pretty cheap.

Fucking loved SC64.

One of the main reasons I got a PC back in that day, just to play the PC version of it.

I don't know I was just assuming and being hypothetical. But based on OP alone, I can't imagine pink selling as well as the others
>so just make less!
Any console not sold due to a color people don't want is lost money

I got the Jungle Green DK64 bundle for Christmas. Pokemons Snap and Goldeneye too.

I miss KB.
Yeah. Their store was unbelievably small and the aisles were only 2 inches wide. But they had good deals. Remember getting wwf in your house, gex,megaman x 3 and Mickey mania all for $20.

added bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero, Mystical Ninja, and Goemon's Great Adventure to this.

anyone else know of other good games i am missing? i know i still need mario party 2 & 3

Mickey's Speedway USA, MCR, World Driving Championship, Top Gear Hyperbike, Forsaken 64, Duke Zero Hour (i couldn't see it), Spiderman 64, Mortal Kombat 4 & Trilogy, Star Soldier, Tetrisphere, Iggy's Recking Balls, Aerogauge.
Rakuga Kids if you want to import something
Worms Armageddon if you have lots of money

Apart from inflation, they used to get you with essential add-ons (memory cards, etc).

>things you can't see in an image
>disk space
>CD music
>fun games

hmmm ...

not to mention game consoles are watered down computers now.

back then they were barely more complex than a gfx card and generally didn't even have a bootup screen.

>he still wages the n64/ps1 war 20 years later
user it's fine just let it go. Both systems had their pros and cons

some just had more pros than others

This. I remember Pokemon Snap being like $70, and N64 games rarely went on sale (OoT and Mario 64 were still $40 2-4 years after they came out).

I remember renting being the main way I played a lot of N64 titles, and having a hard time convincing my mother to buy over a N64 game over a cheaper PS1 game.

>things you can't see in an image
>disk space

Yeah, so good that you had to have two disks to play one game sometimes

>CD music

Cool, that really has an impact on how good of a video game console it is...

>fun games

Shovelware trash =/= fun; quality =/=quantity

>hmmm ...

Really does make you think

>two controller ports

yeah, keeping cartridges was a big downfall of nintendo that generation.

great for collecting though as more games survive than disc counterparts.

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR TURN

mad :3

that shitposting don't really apply here, nintendo generally was the market lead on the previous two generations before and only lost the lead to the playstation 1 by fucking up and sticking to antiquated technology and releasing the n64 like 2 years after the ps1.

Why would I be mad? I got to play games with 3 friends at a time instead waiting in the food stamp line with all the other niggers

Jesus i need one of those. One of these days i may get my hands on the silver one, although i prefer the gold one.

Any of you guys gonna play a n64 game during Christmas?
Gonna boot up DKR and play Walrus Cove at full volume.

Play through oot and mm once a year

>can't play my N64 properly any more because of fucking analogue stick wear
The N64 has the worst rate of controller wearout that I've ever seen.

have you tried cleaning the analog?
You could also grt one of those replacements, they're cheap.

I usually play banjo kazooie on snowy days but since it hasn't snowed yet I don't see why the fuck I shouldnt bust it out

Best Funtastic colors?

1. Grape Purple
2. Jungle Green
3. Ice Blue
4. Fire Orange
5. Smoke Gray
6. Watermelon Red

Not that guy but honestly. Those replacement are garbage and the new controller knockoff are also garbage. I'd honestly rather emulate with a good controller even though I'd rather play on a n64. Shame you can't emulate pokemon snap perfectly.

got serious money to burn? get a Hori Mini N64 gamepad.

i'm told the analogs are really great

Sorry, PS1 had more quality. Turns out when you make 2100 games instead of 388, you'll occassionally hit the mark, as badly as you don't want that, for some autistic reason. Throw enough shit and eventually it will stick, unless you're psychotic enough to think that none of the games were good because they made a bunch.

Seriously, you're a faggot.

>alarm chronograph
I miss the 90s.

The gamecube ones? they're not good, but i've seen some replacements that are like the original,either way is hard to find good n64 controllers.
I'm still waiting for that dude that's making steel sticks for the n64 to be the new standard.

>ps1
>shovelware trash
HAHAHAAHAH

>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted, womb raider, rape escape, and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion 2 which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre DVD player

Fuck off faggots

further proof toddlers are delusional

Why are you talking about the PS2 when I'm talking about PS1?

Do you have actual down syndrome?

>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre CD player

Fuck off faggots

Next you're going to tell me that the PS2 and the Wii didn't have a ridiculous amount of shovelware.

There is a difference between having only shovelware and having also shovelware.