Why are fighting games so popular in Latin America?

Why are fighting games so popular in Latin America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm brazilian and most of the normies here dont even know what a fighting game is. They only play FIFA.

something about arcade cabinets of old fighting games being sent there & sold cheap or something.

I don't know about everywhere else, but in Mexico City there are thousands of arcade cabinets full or emulators, but people primarily play KOF.

you meant to say football games

i'm chilean and is almost the same scenario here

They are? I always thought moba garbage when thinking of SA.

Honestly the real answer?

We're fucking poor. All you need is a PS4 + Fightstick (not even required and most people I know play on pad) and then a $60 game and you basically get over thousands of hours in said games and gathering people localy to play them is also super easy

Also this too
t. Latin American

>locally to play them is also super easy

Forgot to add, this is ALSO super important because our internet is fucking garbage for anything. I basically get 120ms ping to games like Overwatch, CSGO and Dota on a good day and that is on the most expensive and best ISP aviable here. Some Latinbros even have it worse.

Yes there is servers on countys like Brazil but I honestly would rather chop my nutsack off than play with your avarage Brazilian and Peruvian, especially in games like CSGO and Dota.

This is an impasse I've never understood. Just like Russians prefer to play on EUW because "They don't wanna play with the average Russian" they then proceed to behave EXACTLY like the loud, obnoxious and selfish people they want to avoid. What is your endgame?

>Dat scion
Good taste my man

Man I want UNIEL to come to PS4 so I can shill it on locals.

I have it on steam but it's hard to find matches.

They aren't, over here they only play fucking DOTA all the fucking day.

Melty Blood 3D fucking when French Bread?

here in colombia arcade fighters were huge until late 2000 mostly tekken and SF2, so a generation grew getting gud at scaming dumb people at them and playing for hours.

Well here in Brazil there used to be a few arcade machines at the neighborhood's bakery (and I live in the middle of nowhere mind) in ~2007. Even today you still find many arcade machines in shoppings, fast food shops and even some places specialized in arcade.

Well, around here everybody plays CoD and FIFA mostly. Fighting games aren't that popular, even GTA games are more popular.

The smallest groups play smash and monhun

nigga local "nintenderias"( a place where you could play consoles ) killed arcades.

now is all Fifa for the teens and CoD for the 12 and less crowd.

>be Argie
>go to a cybercafe to print something
>people still play Halo CE, CS 1.6 and Warcraft 3 like it's still 2007

I think it's local dependent then.
Arcade machines aren't really that rare around here.

Based white brothers.

>going to a cybercafe to print something like it's still 2007
White man please. Printers aren't that expensive.

>Not playing cs 1.6 like old times con lo pibe.

Step it up.

Over here it was mostly mame neo geo cabinets though.

>mfw used to go the "locadora" when I was a kid

Fun times playing Crash and Resident Evil with a bunch of other kids looking and talking shit

I live in northern Mexico and I play NAW mostly, It's less ping than playing with even mexicans. It's like 50-60 ping though, so not sure where that guy is from.
Seems like to communicate with my neightbor the packets have got to travel to the fucking United States and back.

>25$ the hour

Times change my nigger.

You don't know shit.
Until 2005~2008 every bar had at least one arcade machine. Normally MK, SF or some crossover games.
Those were common even on bus stations or public buildings.

They aren't

Maybe in the 90s and early 00s now all they play is FIFA and MOBAs.

Who do the Dominicans have in SFV besides DR Ray?

Also, I doubt Haiti has a FGC at all.

This.
I may still play CS 1.6 but fuck I have my own printer.

>be Argie

>be argie
Bullshit you were all shooting hoop.

>top hat and glasses

Every fucking time.

because they appreciated thicc long ago and chun li is thicc

>Argentina
>black

I'm not from there but those fucks aren't black, white, asian, african, they are not even latinos.

I rather spend my well earned money for dragon dildos.

I already have two mega sized ones.

I still don't know why I want to collect them.

Malvina's are Portuguese tho.

Las Malvinas son Uruguayas.

During the 90s and early 2000s there was literally a arcade machine on every corner, at least here on Mexico.

The Most popular games were:
King of fighters
Metal slug
Street fighter

At this day and age there are many grocery stores with these machines still in there.

Most Mexicans on their 20s grown playing fighting games.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g&t

The non-meme answer is they're mediterranean, largely italian and spanish with a little of everything else, native american, arab, german...

>mfw there's a place with mvc2, kof 94-xiii and DDR near my house.

>taking commie cartoons seriously

I didn't know FIFA was a fighting game, user. I think you're full of shit. SFV is the most popular FG and most people here. Ant even do a wake up CA

>I don't know about everywhere else, but in Mexico City there are thousands of arcade cabinets full or emulators, but people primarily play KOF.
> thousands

If there are 1001 arcades, there are thousands... in a city of 8 million people that's nothing. What about the rest of the country? You know, the other 100 million Mexicans? The ones who play, play FIFA/CoD/Battlefield.

Don't fool yourself, wey

There are lots of cabinets in the north

No idea about the south

Is Mexico considered part of latin america? I always thought they were NA

Not him sometimes i cant be bothered to print over and organize 500 copies of papers

Both. Latin America encompasses all of central america (but Belize) that is also part of North America.

Latin America encopasses all countries that speak a Latin based language, that includes Haiti and Brazil. Mexico is both North and Latin American.

Of course, the intersection of NA and LA is México. LA is about language (which always brought the question of why Brazil is part of it but Cuba isn't) and NA is about location

They aren't. Football and Dota 2 or LoL is whats popular here.

They will be absorbed into the future NAU after WW3 kicks off.

Maybe in your state/neighborhood but for the vast majority the arcade was a soccer ball (or a smashed Frutsi) two couple of bags and a bunch of neighbors to play soccer. Maybe in the north baseball or basketball but overall everybody just played soccer all day long

Man, i remember when the hour costed 1$. Gud times playing GunZ and Rakion.

>costed

Latin America is a cultural term.

FGs dont stick with the new generation. Its all Dota/LoL and CS here. If you like FGs in argentina is because you are in your 20's and grew up playing them in the arcades.
You really have to look hard to find a local scene, if you can even call it that.

Superior argie english.

haha I wish, here in Arg. these fucks only play FIFA/PES and moba garbage. What is worse is that some brag the got a PS4 for around 12k when that's actually double the standard salary.

same reason why germans love simulators

Melty blood arcades when?

Latin/Anglo America is a different kind of division than South/Central/North America.

They're cancerous interlopers

speak for yourself