Is Terraria possibly the greatest game of all time Sup Forums?

Is Terraria possibly the greatest game of all time Sup Forums?

The greatest grindfest.

I like starbound better

Your opinion is wrong and I hate you

Well of course it is grindy, it's the genre, survival/crafting games are almost always inherently grindy

muh epik references cheapened it a bit.

quite possibly so
I can't wait for the sequel/spin-off

Aside from minecraft, it's been one of the games that's given me the most bang for the buck. It's not perfect for sure, the korean mmo-tier 1%drop grindrates are terrible for some things (especially in a game with a crafting mechanic for this kind of shit) but it's fun and the updates are always good.

Me, my wife and kids love Minecraft, I personally cannot get enough terraria and I have a fucking palace of doom with everything, but after trying to get my wife and kids into it (ps4+3 controllers+Me on vita) I realize how FUCKING TEDIOUS IT IS.

>having a wife and kids
lmao what are you gay?

Well I do ram your dad deep in his asshole until his cock is dripping with precum and he always moans so hard when I blow inside him.

Nice cringepost, faggot.

Someone post the hyper autist who made an entire society in Terraria.

Will Red withstand the pressure of popularity to make an even better game?.. Because there ARE flaws. And there are things to keep. I'm scared.

Not even close.

Nah Red is fucked. His next game I don't think will have even a shred of the charm that Terraria has.

I have a family, you have anime

Pre hard mode is. Love making a boreal home and exploring those ice caverns. It loses its atheistic really quickly post WoF.

Well they postponed your typical viral-hype advertisements of Otherworld because of the negative feedback about the graphics. And there's this rumor that he kept pushing the updates because he wanted his game to stop being unsatisfying (for him). You are probably right but still there's a tiny hope.

How so??

I own this game but I've never played it. What the hell is it?

2D Minecraft with a bigger emphasis on exploration. I think it's better than minecraft, personally.

This. Plus the game feels like it has a sense of direction and challenge whereas Minecraft feels like an empty work simulator after playing it so much.

Also, terraria has actual loot that kicks fucking ass.

Empty world*

So it's like a 5 year old/autist dream come true?

I hope this is the right one

you will get into it easily if
- you think it looks good.
- if you feel comfortable about 2d fighting and movement.
- you like just to fuck around environments. Nice native soundtrack and sfx will help here.
- if you are the type to reroll runs based on weapon class. It's an item-based rpg, character has no attack or defense upgrades, only stats to work towards are health and mana bars. Anything about your character is your loot and craft.

don't touch it if
- you are a hoarder.
- you are a completionist. There are a whole lot of very rare drops, none of them are vital.

>my wife´s son

I don't know, I never played it. It looks like a 2D Minecraft clone so it never interested me anyway.

>2D Minecraft Clone
Stop. You're triggering me tbqh.

Really though Terraria is quite different from Minecraft, the only thing they really have in common is crafting, building, and mining. Terraria is much much more action and content oriented while Minecraft focuses more on building.

>don't touch it if
>- you are a hoarder.

Fucking hell, this. Anytime I start a new run I wind up having to make a separate world for storage with a massive grid of autisitcally organized chests because I refuse to sell or trash anything. It is pain.

Starbound has pretty cool randomly generated buildings and villages (underwater axotl neotokyo cities come to mind), but is an all around worse game when it comes to combat and rewarding progression

I keep trying to play it but it's so zoomed out I cant see shit and adjusting the resolution doesn't help.

Even fucking Starbound has a zoom option so why not this?

so you lose

>was waiting for this to be on sale
>bought a CSGO case key off a drunken whim
>get worthless skin
>only 4.64 left in wallet

I'm such a fucking retard. Time to sell every single thing in my inventory.

a game of 10 pixel artists sitting on the neck of one programmer, with one funneh fanfic writer. Damn shame

Nah, but it's a great game.

that's pretty impressive tbqh

Sorry, like I mentioned previously I have never played it before. I saw about 20 minutes of Totalbiscuit gameplay and got bored watching all the tunnel digging.

I thought that terraria was a shitty minecraft clone, but gave it a chance anyway, now i have 500 hours played, shit is so good, it's ridiculous.

what makes it so good, in your opinion? the combat?

why was he digging tunnels when he could be blowing stuff up.
either way, the main problem I have with terraria is the terrain starts to not matter very quickly anyways.

Same here. Although Terraria is fun in it's own way.

It's a huge newbie thing. Pretty much a natural selection. They could just go explore half a mile and find a nice cave, but no, they all begin to dig shit right under their feet with their slow ass starter pick and then rage quit.

The combat is great, and the exploration is even better, game have so much shit to do, it's ridiculous.

>Totalbiscuit
ALL I SAW THAT DAY
A SINGLE SAND BLOCK
FLYING IN MY FACE

I miss their playthrough ;-;

Yeah.

I don't think the comparison with Minecraft is right, because from the get go, Terraria always had a very distinct combat/exploration focus, with bosses and gear from the very beginning.

The updates helped the game to get a lot of content, but from the get go it was already much better than Minecraft, because it fused the minecraft block world in 2D with some platforming/exploration what some people like to call metroidvania.

What's with all the russian kids invading terraria streams on twitch anyway? Poor nerds are language locking their chats.

It must be fun being this autistic, he gets to enjoy the game on a whole other level.

If you like playing a game for a 100 hours and not get a rare drop beyond boots that make you run faster or a grappling hook, sure.

Finding loot doesn't feel good anymore and it becomes a grindfest. Exploration falls apart in exchange for combat.

I stopped playing terraria since 1.1 version, how much has the game changed since then?

Yes

>got it awhile back for free on the Xbox360
>messed with it for about 40 minutes and found it boring

Guess it's not my cup of tea or something, but I could not find the appeal of it.

But does it have tanks?

besides other things fishing's pretty much changed the whole game, everyone knows how bit it's still spoilerish. They added a layer of artificial difficulty, expert mode, to help the players who can't un-remember the game shortcuts to have a bit more fun. Minor things worth mentioning is ropes, minecarts and rails, conveyor belt, new wire placement, the whole arsenal of logic gates, dedicated slots for hook/pet/light/cart/mount, mounts, dyes/social clothing/tons of hairstyles, easy multiplayer hosting, smart digging and wall placing cursor, easy sprite swapping, yoyos/minions/sentries... end game boss. There are changelogs on wikis.

It's fun for a couple of hours, but once you get past Golem the game turns into a total shit show.

No because you need a good fresh 1.3 hardcore server with good ping and grief prevention.

I have multiple questions after looking at that

>Does this all take place on one world?
>If it does take place on one world, why are there still resources to mine?
>If it doesn't take place on one world, how can he have multiverse factions?
>How does he handle the npcs? Does he pretend they don't exist, or does he treat them as deities?

Sweet sounds pretty fun. I got it for $3 so I'm sure I'll be happy I bought it. Thanks

savage kek

>minecraft
Terraria has no creative mode. Like building? You will need to explore, fight, grind and progress for your rarer building materials. I see anons who hate the game solely for that all the time.
>here, map editors, inv editors
>who do you think I am, a dirty cheater??

Any good mods for this game? I saw theres lots of them and wondered if anyone had any recommendations