Want to get into PC gaming somewhat with ~$600 budget

>Want to get into PC gaming somewhat with ~$600 budget
>No idea what I need or where to get it from
Pre-built or separate parts?
I'd only really use it for emulation in terms of games.

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/Jhyf7P
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>~$600 budget
good luck

You can get a good PC for 600 bucks now a days retard. If he needs a monitor and shit then it won't be as good but 600 for just a computer is good

>I'd only really use it for emulation
you don't need a super good GPU so your budget is fine
go separate parts and have a guide open on your phone or something when you're building it
where to buy from depends on your country

>monitor behind case
I don't think you're just quite ready for pc yet user

logicalincrements.com/

logicalincrements.com

Get a 1050ti and an i5, a decent power supply, then whatever other internals + case you might like.
Shop secondhand stores and PC recycling centers for nonspecific components like monitors, keyboards, and even cases if you're on a tight budget and don't need epik x-treme gaymurr gear.

Intel core i3 6100 with gtx 1050 ti. 300-400 w supply, msi mobo, 16 gb of 2133 ddr4, nice cooler, case. Less than 600

logicalincrements.com/

Enjoy

Get a rx470/80 nitro+ instead of a shitty 1050Ti.

>Get a 1050ti
you're a retard

/thread

Are there any main incompatibility issues I should look out for?

You need a z170 motherboard for 2400mhz ram.

what this guy said. If you have a monitor then 600 will get you way more computer than you need for just emulation.

check newegg. they sometimes have build it yourself deals where they have all the parts in a bundle. Its a good way to start building instead of just buying.

Is it worth buying W10 or just pirating it from somwhere?
And if so where?

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/Jhyf7P
For emulation get an i3 6100 or i3 6300
B150 mobo
GTX 1050

Might consider building on the mini ITX form factor

Download the iso from MS's own website then use microsoft Toolkit to activate (obviously not an official MS product)

>I'd only really use it for emulation in terms of games.
Don't even bother with a GPU for now then and get yourself a top tier CPU and see how far that gets you.

You don't need a powerful PSU, 8gb ram is PLENTY, you can cheap out on the mobo but make sure you can OC with it, and yeah just skip the GPu for now or get something dirt cheap like a 750ti

What difference does the PSU make?
What sort should I get?

do not cheap out on the PSU, but without a powerful GPU you don't need a top tier one
once you know which other parts you're getting put them into a PSU calculator to find what wattage your build will require
i usually go with corsair

Make sure it says gold on the PSU. Don't get bronze or whatever. It just costs more for more wattage usually but if you're emulating you won't ever be getting a dual GPU setup so you don't need a lot of power. So don't overspend there.

>but without a powerful GPU you don't need a top tier one
If he's eventually going to get nvidia, which he will if he's emulating, then even your top tier GPU OC'd isn't using a lot of power.

What's the best tutorial/site to learn how to build a PC?

youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g