RE2>RE3>RE1

RE2>RE3>RE1

REmake > All

I just played RE1: HD remaster, good to hear that the sequels might be good too.
Is it easy to go from the HD remaster of RE1 to plain RE2? Which RE2 is the best version?

N64 m8

REmake>RE4>RE2>RE3>RE1

RE1 is the best out of those three because it focuses the most on exploration and puzzles, it plays to the strengths of the engine. It's also the closest the series comes to having scarce resources. 2 and 3 are far more action focused, which would be fine if shooting by itself wasn't boring as fuck thanks to the aggressive autoaim and general vagueness/generosity of the shooting that makes lining up shots far too easy to be satisfying.

Thx bro, downloading now
:^)

>shooting

RE2 Platinum for PC is the most polished. RE2 for N64 has some unique extras but needed the expansion pack. The cutscenes are horribly compressed and have underwater audio.

The best console version of RE2 is probably on the Dreamcast when played with a VGA cable. It has the extras that come with RE2 platinum and 60 FPS cutscenes.

The Dreamcast version of RE2 also seems to have much better 3D models. Sadly the last time I tried emulating it on Dolphin, it was unplayable due to low frame rate and audio problems.

To be honest the first is the best but the gamecube remake is the best.

It's basically just the same game but with far better graphics.

RE3 was a joke.
RE1 > RE2 > Code Veronica > RE4 > RE6 > RE3

OH WAIT, no I'm thinking of the Gamecube version of RE2.

The cube port is decent but not as good as the dreamcast one. Of course, the dreamcast controller is pretty painful to use...

The cube version is literally the Dreamcast version but with a better controller

The gameplay from RE2 holds up so well that you honestly won't notice the graphics transition from REmake to RE2.

Gamecube version is the Dreamcast version running on better hardware

Worst part of the system imo

I think the Dreamcast port is the better looking version with a VGA cable. The cube port also lacks the bonus art galleries that Platinum and the dreamcast versions have if I remember correctly. I own both but it's been forever since I played them.

I've never played a resident evil game before which would be good to start with?

Playing on PC and using steam

What point are you trying to make? You're not picking up boxes of shotgun shells and grenades so you can shove them into slots to unlock doors.

Start with REmake on steam. In some ways it's harder than the original but so much better. I personally liked RE0 a lot and consider it the last true RE game. It also is the better remaster of the two as they actually had the original assets to work with so the backgrounds don't look horribly stretched like in HD REmaster.

I dunno why Capcom hasn't put the PC ports of 2 and 3 up for sale on steam. It's a further testament to their own stupidity.

yes

Did you play RE3 on easy? Hard mode is a decent challenge. Easy is a complete joke, though. The game needed more than 2 difficulty settings.

Resident Evil Remake Remaster. Still the best one in the series. Then just go in order to 2 and 3 (you'll have to emulate these, I'd recomend the Game Cube versions) 4, and Code Veronica. I'd only recommend 5 if you have someone to play the campaign co-op with. As a single player game you can skip it. Don't bother with RE6, Resident Evil aside, it's a trash game on a lot of levels. If you really enjoyed RE 1,2 and 3 then play the RE: Zero remaster. Zero is great in it's own right if you can get into it, but it's mechanics get rather clunky and user unfriendly a lot of the time (ie: controlling two characters with two anaolog sticks with tank controls with fixed camera angles) After ALL that if you're still a'hankering for some more Resident Evil play the RE;Revelations games, because far from perfect, they're probably the best RE games since RE4.

And after ALL THAT if you're still hankering for some more Resident Evil play the Two RE:Outbreak games on PS2, they emulate pretty flawlessly.

Fuck it, I liked these ones as well

RE: Survivor on PS1, you'll need a CRT TV, and a light gun.

RE:Gaiden on Game Boy color was great in it's own way.

Gamecube version has higher res backgrounds and cleaned up character models.

>CV over RE4
>RE6 over anything

ur opinions are garbage just kill yourself

2 and 3 don't need to be emulated on PC. You can find PC ports for them both. I enjoyed Survivor as well, but the North American version does not support light guns.

>RE0
>good tier
>not the worst game ever made
Kill yourself.

>what is operation raccoon city

But no one had any expectations for Operation Raccoon City. That's like being disappointed by Umbrella Corps. Never go full retard, user. There were actual expectations with 0.

Veronica is NOT meh tier, it's a legitimate/traditional RE game on par with 1-3.

The Chronicles games are goofy and fun if you've got someone to play co-op. I wouldn't really compare them to the other RE games. They're kind of their own thing.

there's pc ports?

CV is boring as fuck.

Where would Revelations 1 and 2 be on this list?

Between RE0 and RE1 (PS1).

tfw you own six resident evil games but you've only finished one
it was six

4>Rev>6>5>RE>2>1>3>Rev2

the originals were always lame and boring and the style change was the best thing to happen to the franchise

>posting meme lists
Jesus... and the "action" tier is redundant as fuck. RE has always been action.

old ones are boring and clunky to be honest

> 5 = 6 = Rev > 3

Fuck off.