Is Total War a good entry point to the Warhammer universe?

Is Total War a good entry point to the Warhammer universe?

also its a good game?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720729515
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sure and sure

>45€ base game (discounted)
>60€ worth of DLC
>STILL no Skaven

No.

rat fetish scum

The game is good but there's going to be shitloads of DLC. Still, some of it is fairly substantial and if you enjoy it you'll get enough time from the game for it to be worth your money.

You can get the base game for like ~30EUR on key sites.

I want to fuck the rat, but I also want to play as the rat and I will not purchase this game until the complete edition with all DLC AND Skaven releases at a price of 40€ or under.

THERE ARE NO RAT-PEOPLE THAT USE GUNS IN THE SEWERS
DELET THIS

At least you can play against the new content in the campaign if you don't pay for it.

Not to mention the constant free stuff they add in between.

Go fuck-fuck yourself.

>I will not purchase this game until the complete edition with all DLC AND Skaven releases at a price of 40€ or under.
You've got quite a wait ahead of you, then

Excellent game, horrible business model.

Pirate for Linux if you can.

I'm looking forward to the Lizard Men expansion because every game is better with fucking dinosaurs.

This this. Wait until all the dlc are out out and then pick it up on sale.

I'm okay with this.

>mfw enemy loads up on monstrous/giant units and I bring out the carnosaurs

keys are cheap

This. Don't buy the game.

CA are greedy, disgusting Jews.

How is vermintide?

What is a buisness for $500 trebek

kys

>THERE ARE NO RAT-PEOPLE THAT USE GUNS IN THE SEWERS
DELET THIS
Oh you are so, so, so wrong on that.

The idea that RATMEN live in the sewers in HORDES no less is no more than heretical gossip.

I'm going to fetch the witch-hunter.

A disgusting greedy jew business. Correct.

Don't buy it.

Consensus: Do not buy it until it has a complete edition and that complete edition.

It's pretty mediocre.

Nuln is under siege by ratmen sir.

I just want Tomb Kings already

Mostly because pic related is likely going to be the most heinous unit in the game
>Flying
>Heroic killing blow and poisoned attacks
>Tougher than a Dragon

If you like Total War games at all, this is the best once since Shogun II and probably one of the better games in the series entirely. The Fantasy setting really makes a huge difference, TW's main issue has always been unit and faction diversity.

How do you guys rate the balance in the game? I reckon it's pretty solid all things considered.

It fluctuates between shit and meh with every update.

CA ARE BASED DEVS DON'T BLAME THEM
IT WAS A SEGA AND GAMES WORKSHOP CONSPIRACY

It's like l4d but more emphasis on melee. I like it but I couldn't play it for long since I always had some fucking loading problem when joining games.

Okayish. Magic still isn't as good as it should be, and diplomacy is largely a crapshoot.

Yes, the best game of Total War ever and the best Warhammer game ever. It's not 40k but it hits all the same notes. You can play the game in a lot of different ways and if you are new to RTS, there are custom battles so you can try out which units and races you like before heading into campaign.

They keep adding free units, leader lords and more too so you get your money's worth. I beat it twice on release, then recently just beat it again and the free DLC changes a lot. Was going to buy DLC but then I saw that nothing was on discount.

Game is amazing and my personal GOTY.

needs shit like steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720729515

>I will not purchase this game until the complete edition with all DLC AND Skaven releases at a price of 40€ or under.

Never going to happen. Skaven is already confirmed for expansion race/faction. The expansions are going to be closer to full games than glorified DLC. So you have a 4 year wait before the two games equal $40.

>45 bucks for a fully painted army

Indeed.
Unrealistically cheap.
Don't be fooled OP!

It's pretty good besides a few flaws in the game. If you want the game but it seems to expensive just wait till it is cracked for Windows, install virtual box and get Linux and download the crack there as Denuvo doesn't work on Linux, or just buy the base game and google CreamAPI and get free DLC with the legit game on steam.

>All that jewery to avoid paying $60

Just tell him to wait or get a job. Jesus fuck, I share a board with these kids.

diplomacy is fucking retarded on higher difficulties. had the beastmen invite an elven faction and a human faction to war with me (argwylon)

khazrak fucking one eye negociating with humans and wood elves to attack wood elves. and they accept. and some of them march across half the fucking map to get to me. what the fuck is this shit

the games good, the dlc pricing is fucking stupid.. the dlc literally costs more than the game...

they released an unfinished game (4 factions) and then charge for the rest of the content (the full game how it should have been released)
the game is fun albeit a bit watered down from the other recent total wars, but cant recommend buying it on principle

if your looking to get into warhammer universe you should just play Dawn of war 40k

vermintide is fun, not the best loot system but they keep updating to make it better and less of an RNG to get loot you want for the class you play.
devs seem pretty committed to making it the best game they can and listening to community

all in all fun game, still like to get on now and then and slay some fucking rat filth

Game is great, buy base game pirate DLC