Will Matthewmatosis' video damage this VA-11 HALL-A's sales?

Will Matthewmatosis' video damage this VA-11 HALL-A's sales?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.waifubartending.com/tagged/only-true-silver-case-fans-will-understand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Complains about how Va-11 Hall-a sucks cocks in comparison to Papers please

Huh, that's exactly the same point I made in another thread from a different website when claiming it was a mediocre game.

I mostly agree with everything too.

Hi Matthew.

No, VA-11 HALL-A has received most of the sales it is likely to get in the immediate future. People who either will buy it will be hearing about it from other places (and so won't know of Matthewmatosis' video) or they are already planning on picking it up, and a critical analysis isn't going to change that.

Why was he critiquing the accuracy of making drinks. Who gives a flying fuck.

Spoken like a true waifushitter.

It's a game that is praised only because of ebin memes and comfy lesbians so no, not at all.

>15% off
On second thought I'll get the gog copy

who?

it's a simple thing to add in exchange for a little extra design depth.

It obviously wants to be more of a VN type of thing, but why bother having any mechanics if they aren't even that important?

Everyone who wanted to buy it has bought it already

Devs got out of their shitty country, so it doesn't really matter anymore. Also, anyone who really values a youtuber's opinion over their own was never a valuable customer in the first place.

I like Matthew but that video was fucking garbage considering it didn't even MENTION This Is The Police.

This Is The Police is a meme game.

I didn't watch the video, but I have played Valhalla and honestly the drinkmaking is a side show. It is not a good bartending sim. It is a fun, comfy little thing where you listen to good music, pretend it's the early 90s, and talk to waifus.

Is still a better game to be compared to Paper's Please. Va11halla literally goes for a different mood piece, and it's clearly not even trying to be a game.

Who?

>Simple thing to add
It really isn't considering the entire pacing of the game is based on it being casual.
You'd have to change up the plot points, and give additional characters to give a point to the more challenging interaction.
>why bother having any mechanics if they aren't even that important?
But it's entertaining and immersive you mook.

Literally who?
Gonna buy another copy of this just to spite the OP.
I wish i could go back in time and pre-order it.

But Valha11a isn't set in our universe, they probably just have different kind of drinks.
I get what you're saying, but, then there should have been a whole chapter about cocktails to cover the whole thing.

>Matthewmatosis
Literally who?

He basically said the drink mechanics could've gone into a bit more depth because they're presented as a big part of the game, like different types of ice, doing things to the glass before pouring, adding small details like straws or umbrellas for different characters for you to remember etc. and a few other things.

I agree with him on most of the video but comparing it to PP is a bit strange, he could've explained it without having it involved on the points he wanted.

I really like the game btw, he makes some good points but I don't think it demerits the game I enjoyed.

but Va11halla had a mechanic around saving up enough money to live through the day, yet hardly had the mechanics needed to make the former mechanic come to life, like Papers Please did.

stfu sh4kun

Its a very short VN with zero overarching story. Why are people still talking about it? It was good, but thats all you can really say.

>cute anime girl on the boxart
it's going to sell no matter what

the cocktails mechanics become nothing more than fluff for a VN when it easily had to potential to be a less brutal Papers Please, whilst still retaining the interesting characters and storytelling.

In this game all that would be pointless busy work. Checking papers and all the other convoluted stuff actually suits papers please.

>Devs got out of their shitty country

>citation needed

seriously last I heard they were trapped due to some legal horse shit if they actually made it the fuck out that's good news

Who fucking cares about le ebin eastern europe meme game.
Papers please was not enjoyable to play.

When the fuck is this comming out on Vita?
Inb4 greentext

This Is the Police is a great game

Actually if you make a few mistakes you'll have troubles with paying the rent in the end, so you still have to be careful.

>But the potential!
That's a literally useless criticism unless you can actually show a direct example about how the current game without taking much more development time, or just being a completely different game altogether.

Heck, Matthew obviously didn't fully play the game since he doesn't know about Virgilio and the drunk conversations.

I understood all his complaints but I think the problem is that valhalla is a visual novel about cyberpunk bartending and not a cyberpunk bartending sim that has visual novel elements. This isn't a complaint about his video but just the general arguments I see about why the game is bad.

I know it's a fantastic game but you can't deny that it has some degree of being a meme attached to it.

You are mentally ill.

Also if you buy yourself some copies of Fallout 4, that'll make me really mad. Or better yet, get a PS4 Pro and Fallout 4 on it.

Yeah but it could've done with a bit more challenge or remembering what customers wanted. The only person that really demands that is the head newspaper guy (it's always a Beer).

Sure, it's comfier this way, but they could've at least kept the bonus timer in from the Prologue version of the game (no tip after 45 secs or more)

There's hundreds of games that do this though. How about we compare PP and Va-11 with Diner Dash and Recettear while we're at it.

no they didn't

What an autistic, tryhardly name.

No.

Where's Steam version of the prologue? The devs promised it months ago

when the faggot who is porting it gets it done

uhhh i don't like those kind of games~~~
if you uhhhmmm want to reccc me something uwu
please don't recc me triggering games like that????
please???
i'm reporting you anyway, enjoy your ban ^___^

they said they were remaking the prologue in the current game's engine

fuck off matthew

What degree of being a meme attached to it?

This. I havent heard of any memes being attached to it.

Hopefully
It's a pretty shit game

Why should I care what some simple E-celeb says?

Im going to get this once a vita version comes out because it looks cool.

Sometimes I think fans deliberately try to misunderstand the critics of the things they like.
That's not what you're doing, is it user?

SOON
blog.waifubartending.com/tagged/only-true-silver-case-fans-will-understand

No, it's not that there are memes attached to it, it is that the game in itself is a meme.

But why

>Devs got out of their shitty country, so it doesn't really matter anymore
The thing about trying to get out of venezuela is that your assets get expropriated the minute they're actually worth something.
If your country is an economic disaster, capital controls are going to extort every penny from you.

>complaining about a VN not being interactive enough

It's a book.

hes just upset because no one said nigger

Is the game even good? I keep hearing mixed opinions on it. Some say it's just a waifu bait game with memes while others claim it's a must buy.

Someone upload the prologue to MEGA.

>Matthewmatosis
>can't figure out shit gameplay shit I knew when I was 6-8 years old
>people actually watch this crap and take it seriously
KEK

nigger

Don't ask me, ask the devs.

Why shouldn't you, user?
Do you think those wouldn't also be valid comparisons?

I dunno, but I already bought it as a gift for a friend

Seek help.

H-have a good Megachristmas everyone

Seek help for what, user?

Its a good VN and the devs deserve your money, they worked hard on the art and music and writing and they need all the help they can get

Fuck you, explain this shit. What makes it a "meme game". You are just talking out of your ass now.

The complaint is that it's a horrid mishmash that doesn't know what it wants to be.
Nothing jives together with the game and its mechanics, and any successes it achieves are in spite of its design, not because of it.

The video wasn't talking about the game being bad, it was about the wasted potential it had in comparison with a game with similar format.

Stop making a big deal out of it.

I liked Vallhalla all things considered but it certainly didn't deliver on much of its promises, not even the "waifu" bits considering the limited amount of interactions possible for a lot of girls.

>you'll never wake up next to Sei on Megachristmas morning

Either being an idiot who misuderstood Matthew's video or being an idiot who thought it would be funny to act like you did misunderstand said video.

Please watch your language.

Yeah no, I'm not spoonfeeding you.

Take it up with or if you want to educate yourself.

Its an okay visual novel with drink mixing minigames. It really aims for slow and relaxed tone and pace and that pretty much requires that you get invested in the story. Unfortunately you cant know if you like the story before you play it.

Most of the characters have sex lives though so they cant be waifus, not pure enough. I recall one actual meme, references to shit like mecha anime were lot more numerous.

Wrong kusoge, m8.

>misuderstood Matthew's video
KEK. Oh, sure. That's what it was. He's a fucking retard and he sucks at playing games, too.

I didn't even know the game existed until the video, so that's something.

It's a book with a halfhearted bartending minigame.

>COULD YOU NOT!? Oh my god I can't even! It's not my job to educate you! Educate yourself!

So its not actually a meme game and you were just acting retarded. Here's another you.

Stop being a faggot just because he said he thought a MECHANIC in the game was underwhelming. He didn't even comment on graphics or writing, only on the drink mixing.

One guy, said he didn't like one thing in the game. It's not gonna impact the sales.

I want to FUCK sei!

KEK. Oh, sure. That's what it was. He's a fucking retard and he sucks at playing games, too.

I'm just ending spoonfeeder culture.

Bump for this.

you have autism

you're a meme game

>spoonfeeding them your motives
No you fucking aren't.

2cute

Say it all you want, but saying something is a meme is actual valid criticism.

I have no idea who that is, but I just bought the game like 20 minutes ago.

So probably not

Just another e-celeb that Sup Forums idolizes.

I want to hug Jill

Is it still worth buying if I'm not a weeb? The game looks cool, but words like waifu scare me.

Is any critic that isn't a part of the shitty vidya journalism clique a fucking 'e-celeb' now?
Last I checked, no one watched this guy for his personality.

Nevermind, found it.

Jill a slut