Metro thread

So I bought this bundle for six dollars and I'm a few chapters in on 2033. I'm feeling like Ranger mode might have been a mistake, because I feel like I'm missing several important things that I'd know about if I had a HUD or hints.
Still, really fun game, and the graphics and the atmosphere they create is pretty fucking good. How's Last Light? Any tips on what I should be doing in 2033? I'm still considering just starting over on normal so I understand what the fuck I'm doing.

Last Lihght is much better that 2033

Non-redux 2033 is better

No shit? I'm still downloading that as we speak, but I'm digging 2033 so far.

You should play the original 2033 release which was not downgraded.
Your HUD problem doesn't exist ther either.
This is one of those terrible "remasters" which horribly butchers the original design, and it's not only cosmetic, all the mechanics and AI are affected also.

How so? Did the remaster fuck the lighting or something? Different gameplay? Casualized?

Literally all of those and broke the HUD and the gas mask.

Should have played OG Metro 2033. The UI, while not particularly intuitive, was not as annoying to use as the Last Light/Redux one. The Ranger Hardcore hud also had more thought put into it (or example button prompts weren't made completely invisible so you didn't have to guess at it).

Should I play this with Russian voices? The english ones are terrible.

Have fun user,both are very good games.

Also i would like to point out that the Metro redux games are the only games i've seen so far with a price lower than before(and not the opposite).

>playing 2033 after reading the book
holy shit they ruined it

>I'm still considering just starting over on normal so I understand what the fuck I'm doing.

That's not a bad idea.

>How's Last Light?

More "cinematic"

english ones are decent
the german ones on the other hand are atrocious...

anyway fantastic fucking games! I haven't been able to find a similiar level of postapocalytic atmosphere ever since playing these games

I'm only at the Lost Tunnel chapter, and chapters aren't really that long. In the long run, would you say I'd enjoy myself more if I just started over?

You should read the books if you can. The newest one, 2035, continues Artyom's story from the games.

Are the originals backcompat on xbone? I'm playing 2033 redux now and it feels so off compared to the original.

LL wasn't that amazing in the first place so I might just play that in the meantime.

IIRC the Russian vas are the same as the English ones. That's why it sounds so bad.

>playing on console

Beyond any help.

Fuck off with your platform war bullshit.

Not him but I got the xbone and game as a gift. I have a toaster senpai. Plus with Christmas, school and a baby, I don't have money to spend on a pc.

Horseshit. Last Light is more of an action game with brick-retarded AI and a stupid magical ghost child that follows you around and lectures you on shit.
Non-Redux 2033 is the best but even 2033 Redux is a better game.
Not to say that Last Light is bad but it's honestly just not nearly as good.

The redux version of both games has shitty ranger difficulties.
You should play on normal.

It's a fucking single player game, who gives a fuck?

That was meant for

Wrong post bud

They distinctly fucked up two things:
They replaced some of the original 2033 models with Last Light's models and they fit in a lot worse (most obvious on Khan if you google a comparison)
And they replaced Metro 2033's AI which was at times mercilessly difficult with Last Light's AI, which was exactly the opposite of difficult.

I wouldn't say that it ruins the game but I think these screwups are a shame, especially since 2033 original still looks great and didn't need a graphical nor gameplay overhaul of any sort. I don't think they even sell the original anymore.

fuck librarians
srsly

>last light is shit
That game is 100% better than 2033 just because of its dlcs.

They do sell it. It's just not on sale like Redux.

Yeah, having no hud without any understanding of what's going on isn't gonna do you any good. Ranger mode is more of a replay thing.

>last light is shit
Did I say this?
Also I didn't play the DLCs, and I don't see how the DLCs can salvage a sequel that was just less inspired and enjoyable than the original.

fuck you i liked LL khan way more than 2033 khan

Playing shooters on a console is normie tier

The Stalker dlc was nice. I enjoyed the faction one as well. Being a heavy gunner was pretty sweet.

That's too bad. Good AI is a rarity these days. Still, I decided to restart on normal. I wish the combat was a little tougher but this is fine. Definitely having an easier time understanding what the fuck my inventory does.

>i don't see
well you're fucking blind then
the sniper dlc and the spider dlc are meh, the arena dlc is kinda cool, the STALKER dlc is fucking GREAT and i wish all the fucking game was just like that

Sorry for not being a virgin user.

Fuck off, dude. No one cares.

When did Sup Forums become so casual, holy shit.

about the time your mom will die in her sleep if you don't reply to this post with a smug anime girl

>hippie straight out of Woodstock babbling about muh dark ones vs mysterious spiritual soldier
>preferring the hippie
the re-modelling of Khan was ridiculous

Still doubting that it actually managed to overcome all of Last Light's relative mediocrity AND the original 2033.

You're definitely still gonna have a good time. It's the same game at the end of the day, and it's great. Have fun user.

>normie tier
go back to fapping to your 2D waifu, betacuck

I don't think it's that. Everyone knows controllers are inferior to kb+m. This isn't news. Acting like an elitist nigger over a singleplayer game with facts that everyone on this site already knows is just being a faggot.

Only in shooters.

I cannot and probably will not ever figure out how to go through that one level without fighting 15 librarians. If all you really have to do is stare them down, then I have shit all for patience.

Yeah, see you at beta uprising.

I'm aware, I just didn't clarify because this is a thread about a shooter.

are you me? And I swear the staring down shit doesn't work... All they ever do is stare at me for like 5 seconds and then charge at me like maniacs

Apparently I'm lucky. I've literally never had an issue staring them down. Keeping the face in the dead center of the screen works for me.

Last Light is a hollywood movie complete with a forced sex scene. Shit's retarded. AI is worthless, the atmosphere is shit, the dialogue is embarrassing... nah. Non-Redux 2033 all the way.

>Still doubting
you can doubt whatever you want
you didn't play them
i'm not expecting you to know shit about stuff you never experienced in first place
so kys

He's wrong, Last Light isn't bad but it's not as good as 2033.

asshurt lil faggot

The important hud elements show up when you bring out your clipboard. While you won't notice it now, the enemies WILL become bullet sponges later on if you play on normal. Don't be a casual, just press on like a good ranger Hunter wanted you to be.

It is a bit difficult. You just have to keep eye contact, or don't fuck up stealth. I only fought 1 librarian and that one was in the basement.

fantastic games

STALKER is better.
Metrofags should gas themselves.

they're completely different games faggot