I am about to start second quest. What I am up to?

I am about to start second quest. What I am up to?

incidentally, to defeat Ganon in the first quest, I had to read about it online. How was I supposed to find out I had to put myself in a corner and smash the sword button by myself?

First rule of second quest is that you're going to be cockblocked without enough bombs because almost all the dungeons require them to just progress by blowing up walls.

Second rule is those fucking nigh invulnerable knights are everywhere

Third rule is despite how much of a pain in the ass it is, it's still not as bad as Zelda II:Adventures of Link

>First rule of second quest is that you're going to be cockblocked without enough bombs because almost all the dungeons require them to just progress by blowing up walls.
Fuck, it already happened in Level-9 of first quest. I hate to do this, but I had to go out of the dungeon to recharge in bombs.

>incidentally, to defeat Ganon in the first quest, I had to read about it online. How was I supposed to find out I had to put myself in a corner and smash the sword button by myself?
Huh, I never knew that trick...

Anyway, second quest, everything is much, MUCH harder, Eagle Labyrinth might even kick your ass, Stalfos have learned how to shoot beams from their swords. I'd reccomend you search for heart containers or even grind ruppees in the MONEY-MAKING GAME to get the blue ring before venturing on.

>Second rule is those fucking nigh invulnerable knights are everywhere
fuck
>Third rule is despite how much of a pain in the ass it is, it's still not as bad as Zelda II:Adventures of Link
Fuck. I was about to play it once I had finished Second Quest.

>I'd reccomend you search for heart containers or even grind ruppees in the MONEY-MAKING GAME to get the blue ring before venturing on.
I am considering at least buying a magic shield first.

>Huh, I never knew that trick...
How did you do it? (mind you, I have always got slow as fuck reflexes)

you can walk through some walls in the 2nd quest, also using the whistle in the overworld can open some hidden places. But yeah just keep at it, I did the whole 2nd quest blind and only got stuck a couple times.

Don't listen to that bullshit, Zelda II is fine, it's just different

I slightly know what to expect from Zelda II. It was my first zelda, but I "played" at it when I was 6. and I was basically as good at it than with Mike Tyson Punch Out: I failed miserably beyond the first areas. It was mostly my brother who played at it and even him didn't finish it. I only started to get good at Video game with the Super Nintendo and the game Boy (Kirby Dreamland best starter. First game I ever managed to finish). I briefly played at Zelda 1 on a friend's console, but it was weird. Because of Zelda II, I expected the scene to transition at some point and was wondering when the game would really start. I kind of got turned off when I realised it was meant to look like that for the whole game. I was 7, i didn't knew better.

In the end my first real complete Zelda experience was with Link's Awakening and what made me really fall in love with the series (not a bad game for that). Before that, Zelda was that game everyone was saying is awesome but that I found too hard to finish.

It's only years later, when the N64 was already out but I hadn't it yet that I finally played a Link to the past. I didn't find it as good as Awakening, but I liked it.

Anyway, after all this time, I decided to finally make something out of my nintendo Ambassador. I have played and finished almost all of the Zelda, but But Zelda 1 and 2 were still missing to my checklist.

After that, the only other Zelda game I'd have to do to be complete are Four Sword and Four Sword Adventure. But I need friends for that. But at least I will have completed the originals.

This. I never liked it as a kid but I came back to finish it a few months ago and it was really enjoyable on its own merits.

>Huh, I never knew that trick...
How did you do?

Stood pn ceter, stabbing all ditections, if you hit the d-pad during the stab animatiom, you get the game to actually stab in 3 directions (this glitch became canon on ALttP as the Spin attack)

Theres an easy mode hack for Zelda 2 at romhacking, lowers the dificulty onpar with Zelda 1's first quest.

Four Swords Adventures has a solo mode.

I am playiing the official game. I got Zelda 1 and 2 for free with the Nintendo Ambassador thing.

Meant to reply to

Yeah, but I want to play it as it is primary meant to. In multi. I still don't understand why Nitnedo hasn't released those games on the eshop with online play.

I mean , they made 4 sword available on the 3DS, but only as an exclusive reward, and no online functionality.

Thanks.

Does Zelda 2 also require the second controller to save? That was a really weird thing to have, for Zelda 1.

>you get the game to actually stab in 3 directions
Is the sword actually visible, when you do that?

Yes, if you pull it fast enough you might actually see the sword's blade from all 3 sides very briefly.

Sadly yes. It seems only the GBA re-release doesnt need it.

Killing ganon in first quest is just stabbing him 4/8/15 times (depending on if you have magical/white/wood sword) then a silver arrow to the face. sitting in the corner is just the easiest way to get a stunlock.

Second Quest is bullshit because there's a lot more wizzrobes, a lot more door repairs, three "Life or Money" rooms where you have to give up either 50 rupees or 1 heart container (and yes that does reduce your max health) and the recorder opens up so many more places than just level 7.

At least you're not playing the randomizer version where you can have to do all that and possibly deal with 13HP blue wizzrobes, both bait blocks in extremely narrow dungeons, and even worse RNG.

>incidentally, to defeat Ganon in the first quest, I had to read about it online. How was I supposed to find out I had to put myself in a corner and smash the sword button by myself?
I just ran around the room and brought in a full Water of Life to survive. You can also get the Red Ring in the Level 9 dungeon, which cuts damage down to 1/4th.

>I am about to start second quest. What I am up to?
Expect to get the whistle early, 2nd dungeon to be exact, and have a bunch of places on the overworld where it works.

Along with the regular bubbles (which take away your sword for a few seconds) there are red bubbles (which take your sword away "permanently") and blue bubbles (which return your sword). If you get hit with a red bubble, you'll need to find a blue bubble and run into it to restore your sword. On the plus side, none of the bubbles deal damage to you, so you can run into them for a short invulnerability period when fighting other stuff in the room.

Here is something that I had to find out for myself: some walls you can just push against and walk through. It was a logical conclusion that I came to after a long time stuck unable to progress, and thinking about those one-way doors in Level 9 of the 1st Quest. I'd hate to spoil it for someone who wants to figure it out themselves, but realistically I would think that it might take months before just stumbling upon the correct solution for that.

>three "Life or Money" rooms where you have to give up either 50 rupees or 1 heart container (and yes that does reduce your max health)
Oh, right. Those rooms. Yeah, always bring money into a dungeon.

There are also more rooms which require bait to progress.

Grumble grumble.

Level 9 in first quest doesn't have 1-way doors or Passthrough walls.

Two rooms, to be precise. Though I haven't played vanilla 2nd quest, only Fred's Randomizer so they might not both be required.

1/10 blogpost bro

>Level 9 in first quest doesn't have 1-way doors or Passthrough walls.
It actually does.