youtube.com/watch?v=jaFCgnE_BHs
youtube.com/watch?v=fzTvc8yFX40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure.

As a bartending game?
No
As a VN?
Eh

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a cute and funny visual novel then yes it is. If you're looking for a game with nice gameplay then no.

I should also mention that it's a short vn

depends on what you want out of it

if you're looking for a visual novel, it's great

if you want a bartending game, you're gonna be disappointed

From a VN stand point its great.

From a bartending game standpoint its not great.

It has a really good soundtrack. And really good waifu's.

It's biggest success is how everything adds up to be incredibly 90's.
The interface, the soundtrack, the characters.
It takes place entirely in a bar, yet I could imagine myself in the world.

for shitty Sup Forums and twitch memes that will plague the internet for the next 5 months yes

gameplay is awful

waifu bait

meme bait

short as fuck, mediocre writing

2/10 music only redeeming quality

definitely not worth the price

>really good waifu's

The vast majority of the people defending this game are only doing it because they want to dick the cartoon sluts.

The only thing I want is to be satisfied with the purchase. I'm not against VNs and I'm not misguided by some illusion that the bartender aspect of the game is anything other than filler.

you're surprised people on Sup Forums want to dick anime chicks? are you new?

If you want a bartending game, play something else
If you want a good and gripping VN, play something else
If you want a mediocre mix of both, yeah it's good.

that's what /r9k/ and /h/ are for, user.

Then you will most likely enjoy your time with the game. I'd say go for it. You can do what I do and sit back with a glass of whiskey, crank up the in game music and relax. The game is super comfy.

well, I thought the story was good and that it did a good job of building a world despite only taking place in like 2 places, those being the bar and your apartment. It's like 15 dollars so I don't think you have much to lose.

>what is torrenting
shigdig

Do you like visual novels? Yes.

Do you expect an actual videogame? No.

there's a difference between fapping to hentai and peddling a shit game because the cartoon bimbos make your dick feel funny

Very satisfying. The dialogue and world is satisfying and interesting. Don't know what else I'd ask for, give it a shot. You'll love it if you're going to enjoy it before you pass the two hour mark that stops you from refunding anyways.

Is there really through?

How short?

yes

unless you're a robot that has masturbation addiction there is no reason to get turned on by retarded anime girls

Post your favorite song!

youtu.be/_jnD6dF0u_s

For poorfags

No.
It's post-ironic weeb normie bait.

sorry faggot. too busy spending my money on games that are actually worth playing more than once, than fap material for a few weeks before I dispose of it.

Good story and good characters, if you go in looking for anything else you'll be disappointed.

I'm not sure I understand the comfy meme honestly.

Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, and Stardew Valley are so slow and grating I just think "fuck, at this point I might as well start my own real garden". I mean at least this game had funny dialogue here and there. But still, these very slow paced games just swallow up so much time for so little fun it kinda makes me wonder what the appeal

Sorry for letting out my autism in one post.

Cant say for sure since it largely depends on how fast you can read. I know I've put like 20 hours into it and havent beaten it I take my time and zone out to the music. If you blitz through VN's I dont see this taking more than 10 hours.

How would a robot have masturbation addiction? That's a terrible metaphor.

>weeb normie bait
>weeb
>normie
pick one m8

>too busy being a poorfag
kys baka desu senpai

whats a a better bartending game?

I'll pick two.
If you left your echochamber for 2 seconds you would realize it.
youtube.com/watch?v=o0lDG-u42_c

i'll take the bait and give (((you))) this (you)
I'm talking about /r9k/ you fucking moron

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=25099
>10 hours for the main story
>12 hours for main+extras
>15 hours for completionists

Good question.

Yeah I'm the one that needs to leave an echochamber. Whatever you say user.

thanks mike

Drink bleach normieeb.

Not as good as it could be, this is why.
youtube.com/watch?v=q-3YhYaau4A

>open video
>BAR BAR BAR

Please translate

I never understood why this was even a comparison in the first place. It's like looking at Ace of Spades and saying "well it's not as good as minecraft. It's not as good as it could be!"

Would you a Dorothy?

>game
back to

It's alright
Not great, not bad

I mean it technically is a game. A really shallow game but a game none the less. It's not like a VN or a game where you can't fail.

It makes sense to draw this comparison, they each share gameplay similarities and one is executed better than the other.

The comparison of each game's story is entirely subjective but papers please objectively has better gameplay.

>The comparison of each game's story is entirely subjective but papers please objectively has better gameplay.
...And? The gameplay is not exactly the defining draw here.

It objectively has better gameplay, yes. But honestly I don't even see how they're similar. Once you get past the UI being kinda similar thats where the similarities stop. One is a vn where you occasionally have to press buttons in the correct order and the other is document analysis. It's like saying apples are similar to oranges because they both come from trees. You're not really wrong but you arent right either.

I couldn't get into it. It's not like *bad*, but it just didn't captivate me. I don't care about any of the characters, I don't care about making drinks, I just went through the motions. I had high hopes since it was a VN since I like Phoenix Wright and Dangan Ronpa, but this is just...eh.. clocked about 3 hours in and haven't launched since november 12th.

I wish I felt the appeal.

it's literally
>LE EPIC LE Sup Forums REFRENCE XD XD XD LE EPIC MEME NORMIES XD WAIFUS XD

>The comparison of each game's story is entirely subjective but papers please objectively has better gameplay.
Perhaps. But Papers Please is a terrible if you judge it as a VN.
I'd take Valhalla over it any day.

>literally

Hmmmm

not literally, but kinda this

Ah, so roughly 10-20 hours depending on my pace. Good to know, looks like I'm getting myself a little gift for Christmas. Thanks, anons.

Just making sure everyone here is pretending to hate it because le overlord matthewmatosis ebin youtuber xD said it wasn't good.

Good on you user. I hope you enjoy it.

I wouldn't say everyone but Im sure the video had something to do with it. Most threads about Valhalla were about how comfy it was with a few people hating on VNs like usual. Once Matthew's video came out now there's a ton more of "shallow >gameplay and muh waifus" along with Papers Please comparisons.

Has a pretty god tier ost if you ask me. It was almost worth it just for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sBt_ceVtvQ

youtube.com/watch?v=jaFCgnE_BHs

youtube.com/watch?v=fzTvc8yFX40

I can look at Jill biting her lip all day.

I know you're memeing, but that doesn't work when the VN in question has fail state based on player skill.

I thought it was an okay game. It's really heavy on the waifubaiting and memes, but it was good enough for me to play all the way through once and look up the other endings.

My main problem with it was the amount of loose ends. You learn about the bar supposedly closing, then never hear about it again. You argue with your lesbian ex-lover's sister, then you make up after a single conversation. Jill has problems paying the rent, but then nothing happens in the end with it. Gil is set up to be some crazy weirdo badass refugee, but nothing to do with it ever happens.

It just felt really rushed and aimless, but maybe that's what they were going for? I was just hoping for something a little more story driven, as I didn't find the characters very interesting. It's just a decent cute girls cute things slice of life VN.