Zelda: the name of the Prince of darkness

The great debate.

The Man: Ganondorf
The Beast: Ganon

simple

But what about Gannon?

fpbp

Also it is implied his true form is pig Ganon

That wasn't the matter of the discussion.

Ganondorf = Real name of the gerudo
Ganon = the name other people began to call him because of his reputation. Almost like his 'stage name'.

Gannon is a misspelling that was corrected in the Gamecube ports of Zelda 1 and 2

Gannon is a typo, which is a common thing that happened in a lot of NES and SNES games

The typo was repeated twice.

It's Gannon Dragmire.

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Maybe Ganon is just Ganondorf for short?

I never played this but after watching the boss fight, I never realized there was a game where Ganon is harmed and beaten to a pulp by a sword which isn't the master sword.

Everywhere I read on wikis it says Ganondorf is immune to damage from non holy weapons but Link uses a two handed bastard sword to pummel Ganon the beast to a pulp no sweat.

Whats up with that?

they didn't typo it in the manual

And fixed in ports

what

You use the "magic sword" to beat him. but even the wooden sword can hurt him.

Ozzy Osborne.

Thr final blow was the Master Sword in his mouth.

gameplay before story and shit

I always just call him Ganon because Ganondorf sounds stupid and dorfs are stupid.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In the original games the Silver Arrows were the real weapon that defeats Ganon.

In OoT, when Ganon turns into beast Ganon, he disarms Link from the Master Sword. However Link also has a mundane double handed sword which he uses to disable Ganon to finish him off with the Master Sword.

All wikis and articles say Ganondorf is all but immune to damage from non holy weapons. OoT shows that isn't the case at all.

>a two handed bastard sword

This makes no sense. A two-handed sword uses two hands, a bastard sword uses a hand and a half. It's like saying "an assault rifle pistol"

>all but immune
That means he's not immune. If Link never gets the Master Sword to finish him off, Ganon would eventually win the battle.

>"an assault rifle pistol"
Sound dangerous.

I thought a bastard sword was a particularly large sword which can be wielded in two hands? Thought was longsword +5. Oops if I was wrong, just assumed bastard swords were the huge ones.

now explain how you use a half of your hand.

"a hand-and-a-half sword" means that it's versatile to the point where it can comfortably be used in one or two hands, so two-handed bastard sword is not an oxymoron, just descriptive.

In the first game and LTTP, the Silver/Magic arrows were needed to finish Ganon off. Starting from OoT, this was changed to the Master Sword (though I believe Wind Waker has Zelda shoot Light Arrows at him as well)

>tfw thats how the downfall timeline happens.

If you can wield it with one hand, it's not a two-handed sword.

>a hand and a half
a hand is a hand, you can't say it's only half

It might be a typo but it was the first localization so it is cannon now.

two-handed bastard sword = bastard sword two-handed

as in, the bastard sword that is used in two hands.

check mate katana-san

More like, only holy weapons like the Silver Arrow and the Master Sword can put him down for good. Even if you use the Biggoron's Sword the entire final boss fight on OoT, the final blow HAS to be with the Master Sword.

No matter how many times you stab him in Zelda 1, the final blow HAS to be with the Silver Arrow.

unrelated, but last night I got my friends drunk and made them watch that video and the payoff when he says "After all, we do have to build up speed for twelve hours" was so fucking hilarious to me

fuck off """"""""""""henry""""""""

Unless your forarms mean business

I'm pretty sure you can finish Ganon with regular arrows in Zelda 1, it just takes longer