steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729610025
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795789393
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759818605
youtube.com/watch?v=ANgHIgRBffk
youtu.be/Ww3_-JTU6oY?t=18m41s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nothing mods dont already add

They're no mecs that's for sure.

Doesn't add that much, better than the terrible alien hunters DLC at least. Still waiting for the enemy within version of xcom 2.

just finished X-COM 1
pirating X COM 2, gonna play at 2nd day of Christmas

Yup, just get the Titanfall mod to turn the robots into Titans.

The campaign mission itself is pretty decent, but I would have a squad full of at least sgts+ with lasers, trust me. Otherwise, the new class is okay, but its not very specialized. In early ranks it is very useful, but later on, regular humans can probably fill out the roles that the Spark can do much more efficiently.

>lasers
Sorry, Magnetic Weapons. Still used to XCOM 1 tech tree

have you tried long war? it might be better to squeeze everything out of the game before moving on to the sequel

>Long War
never heard of it before now, and I already uninstalled, checking out info about it right now

also, is X COM 2 fun? what changed from X COM 1?

Pacing is probably the most different. Instead of being reactive to aliens, you are proactive. You are on the Ayyy's clock. Class balance is changed, So while snipers are useful, they are not as powerful as late game Crack-Shooting monsters in XCOM EU. Meanwhile, Rangers and Grenadiers are basically walking apocalypses.

All enemies are stronger, and have various abilities. All soldiers are stronger in their respective field. Less research options, less space to build in, various specialty grenades / ammo / tools that really vary up play styles. Early psionic enemies / soldiers. new mission types. Some missions have timeframes (which can be utter bullshit sometimes, get a mod that alters or removes them).

Otherwise, a pretty decent game. I would say its a sidegrade to EU. Not particularly better or worse then its predecessor.

long war probably accounts for 90% of the people still playing and like the name suggests adds a lot of strategic depth to the game

xcom 2 was a lot of fun the first time round, but I haven't played through a full campaign since. There's mild stealth elements which are probably the biggest shift in gameplay, and adding mods will mean half your playtime will be playing dress up with your team

seems fun, gonna play X-COM 2 when I download it (if my PC can handle it) and will play Long War in the summer when I will be free of my college

I hope you have fun with both of them, user.

thank you user
and Merry Christmas

I was disappointed. MECs are way cooler than plain ol' robots.

The mission is fine but, can drag on if you do it early game, trust me. The SPARKs however end up being literal shit tier units late game. Shit stats all around makes taking any other squad member more convinient. Plus, they use up 2 Elirium Cores to build, not good. The exo suits in the first XCOM were miles better than this garbage.
If your a PCfat though and mods could improve this shit well, maybe it'll be worth it.

>€6.69 for some mission DLC
>that's the discounted rate

>4 races
>White
>Black
>Lighter black
>Lighter black
>All the female hair styles look like shit

What gives? I thought the customisation was good?

Gotta dip into mods for that, fortunately there should be just about everything you could want on the workshop/nexus.

They're all out of style though. I don't want anime mods I just want more hair styles that fit with the game.

One problem with the mission is it has infinitely respawning enemies. Because ammo is also infinite, this means you can farm XP very early on. The SPARK is pretty good, especially their max rank perk, lets you play fast and loose. I think all classes suffer from the mid game crunch where weapons take half a month extra to research and cost a ton of money, meanwhile rangers get the strongest guns, which are also the cheapest, and require the least research.

>Playing Legend
>Don't even have magnetic rifles
>Get the SPARK DLC mission
>How bad could it be?

Then I went back and actually beat it on a lower one.

I heard the game would have been getting one final "enemy within"-style expansion, but it came out ages ago and nothing's appeared. Is this all the dlc that's gonna come out?

I don't know which game you're talking about but both LW and XCOM 2 are significantly better than vanilla EU/EW.

EW came out a year after EU so there is still hope

so which is better Sup Forumsro's? Xcom 1 or Xcom 2?

Timers were an improvement.
Fuck what everyone else says.

Agreed. It really showed the people who were shit at strategy and tactics. Hopefully in the next installment they re-introduced some features for more depth, more gear customization, limited ammo, etc.

The original. Nu-XCOM doesn't hold a candle to it.

Are there any good overhaul/balance mods yet?

When's the 40k/Starcraft/etc. mods?

It's going to be a Terror From the Deep rehash

There's some LW team stuff but the mostly just make the game way easier.

Time to reinstall Long War again and try to complete it this time, shit is difficult but tense and exhilarating too.

A Better Advent makes the game significantly harder.

You say that like its a bad thing

I don't care what it is, as long as it comes out so I can buy the whole fucking game in one go.

It hasn't been a year yet.

And?

waiting on mods

There's already hundreds of them.

aw shit nigga that looks awesome

good ones

It's not really a lot of content.

You get one (really fucking long) mission with Shen who is essentially a max level hacking support with infinite uses of combat protocol and capacitor discharge (though has a lengthy cooldown).

Then it adds a rather mediocre jack of all trades robot class. I'd even consider it shit tier for what endgame is concerned. It's got low aim and you can't mod its weapon or equip a PCS and its skills are rather meh.

Overall quite disappointing.

Plenty of those are.

>still no mechanical nor genetic augmentation
>character development still feels horribly shallow
XCOM 2 is a good sequel but it doesn't capitalizes on the strong points of the first game as well as it could.

Apparently it's pretty decent with the Upgrade Sparks at Proving Grounds and Long War Mec classes for it. I'm just trying it out now.

Well yes if you are installing mods which increase their stats and utility of course they're going to be better.

But the way Firaxis designed them, they are quite inferior to your soldiers. Except you can take em on missions even when damaged I guess.

The only issue I have with it is that SPARKs don't get their perks with Training Roulette active
And that you need to mod in weapon customization on their guns
And that tier 1 is the best looking tier by leaps and bounds, fuck tier 3's look
And their hacking is garbage
And... well actually maybe I didn't like it all that much besides liking robots on principal

SPARK really feels terrible compared to your regular troops.

I liked the punch.
I preferred MEC punch though.
Also no unique punch killing animations what the fuck.

Titanfall is /fa/ AF

Other trick is:

-Get to proving grounds
-Autopsy Advent MEC
-Bluescreen protocol at proving grounds
>Now the mission is absurdly easy.

However you will want to get the LW MECs as SPARKs mod as well as, I forget the term for the mod but it's like "upgradable SPARKs". It allows you proving grounds projects that upgrade the spark and give it stuff like the ability to carry items, improved aim, a shield.

Unmodded Vanilla SPARKs are pretty dogshit. Modded they become better.

> adding mods will mean half your playtime will be playing dress up with your team

Truer words were never spoken.

I really need to install some custom armor mods.

They did good on the mission but dropped the ball in everything else with the SPARK. I feel bad shittalking Firaxis because Solomon and company are fun guys I really like and appreciate the game as a whole but there have been some disappointing design decisions in it.

If you want a SPARK to be worth a shit, make sure you

Do this Do this
>mod in weapon customization

LW MECs as SPARKs + weapon customization mod (scope and enlarged magazine) + upgradable sparks and my valkyire spark is the overwatch murder machine. This is from earlier in the campaign, by the time of it has something like +140 kills.

I'll link my recommendations next post.

Titanfall SPARK (only 1 model but it's a 100% great one): steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812942004

Capnbubs accessory pack: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618977388 (sadly the power armor helmet disables lower/upper helmet accessories, which means the neck is visible unless the power armor covers it up).

Customized Face Paints for the neck collar paint. It applies a black collar tattoo to the neck which will help if you need to cover up the neck: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619525059

Military Camo. Memes of roaches and sweden yes aside I like the Turkish camo (it's a mix of US desert night camo & usual splotches) and Swedish M90 and Legacy M90 for your predator and power armor. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619706632

Stenchfury Modular Helmets: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636400624 Great accessories you can add onto existing helmets, or use wholesale (with the neck tattoo)

Halo reach helmets: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635150344

Spartan Armor: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637340321 I don't like this Halo 4/5 armor as much as the reach armor, because the non hard portions look way too skintight here.

I will never not be super ass blasted at the helmet selection in the original release.

With shit like this.

Reach weapons: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641554054

Titanfall Gear: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650731226 Great for males, limited for females. See Xcom EW/EU Ported helmets: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=648432638 amazing high quality in terms of specular/gloss/normalmaps.

Xcom EW/EU power armor: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660521897 HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Actually looks like proper heavy power armor and not skin tight power rangers. Pic related is Xcom EW/EU power armor, on left and right are vanilla Xcom2 power armor.

Xcom EW/EU tier 2 armor: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660878813

Halo spartan armor: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659977908 The one I recommend as the non hard colored portions look properly thick and sturdy as opposed to the other halo armor.

EW Mec ports: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716906004

WA's custom power armor: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653902466

Advent mec for spark for the head. It's a good head for Sparks: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715887476

They dropped the ball bad with the power armor. You could get over the skin tightness of the suit but those helmets are atrocious. If you combine it with the tacmask of Capnbubs then it becomes alright.

Blacklight Retribution helmets: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674065294

ODST armor (has some shininess issues): steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690106744

Halo marines (has some shininess issues): steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698237992

Long war Perk pack: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968 Not cosmetic, but highly ejnjoy it. Also get the other long war packs - the aliens one, the centurion muton, the laser weapons and submachinegun pack.

Stenchfury's Modular armor: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729351665 I used them here three different power armor sets you can combine/differ the limbs/shoulders on.

Jsleezys accessorie spack: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650809111 I love the scouter in it. You can see it combined with the Black ops 3 helmet and halo armor here.

Upgradable sparks: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720053228

Bigger Spark Punches: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728525359 One punch mec when youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

LW MECS as SPARKS: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731540200
SPARK CUSTOM CLASS SUPPORT: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729610025

Blops 3 helmets: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795789393 if you combine it with jsleezy's accessories scouter visor and a mask from Stenchfury's modular helmets (Gila for women, a different one for men) you get a pretty awesome sci-fi helmet look.

Change to let you use other helmets with alien ruler gear: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759818605

the robot is just good for having some fun with jumping up on rooftops and charging through walls, but apart from the wall-run-smash, it's a shitty version of the MEC.

the unlock mission is decent, but get mag rifles first

Also if you tire of Xcom2 music, highly recommend listening to Deus Ex:HR or MD music. It fits like you wouldn't believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=ANgHIgRBffk

And I fucking can't get enough of youtu.be/Ww3_-JTU6oY?t=18m41s

enemies and colonels are more deadly, and most missions have a timer

the game got more bugs, less performance. the mystic, sort of "comfy" atmosphere is completely gone, replaced with a shitty futuristic artstyle and a duke nukem attitude towards the aliens

yeah that shit was brutal with conventional guns

>2 more enemies spawning every single turn
>fucking buffed sectopod in the end

it's almost a troll mission

enemy within is the most fun until you run out of new maps

if only it had mods ala xcom 2 and a map pack or two it would've been goat