Which one, Sup Forums?

Never played any rogue-lite, which one should I choose? At first glance, Legacy and Spelunky look most interesting.

Spelunky.

the only good game there

risk of rain

Nuclear Throne

Spelunky, Binding of Isaac are usually good for beginners.

Then maybe shift to Rouge Legacy and Nuclear Throne and finally to FTL.

Are you gonna play with friends?
Risk of Rain
Are you gonna play alone?
Spelunky

Risk of Rain.

Spelunky then necrodancer. havent played risk of rain so i cant say, rogue legacy is trash

>Spelunky.
He's gonna cry a lot if he will buy this one. For me game crossed the line between hard/mcfuckingunplayable

rogue legacy was pretty easy, but fun.

Why not the Gungeon?

Haven't played Necrodancer but Risk of Rain is by far the best out of the other three IMO

negrodancer and rogue legacy are pretty meme, I'd go with RoR or Spelunky

Too slow. Thats my biggest problem, if it was faster and didnt have scaling health, that game would be amazing.

Gungeon is ass and I was hyped as hell. Get Nuclear Throne, it's insanely better

Risk of Rain gets my vote.
People say it's better in co-op but I honestly prefer playing solo.

>RoR
Fun pick up and play game with multi-player. Least difficult of the 4 you posted.
>RL
Hard, but grinding is possible. Fun mechanics, but game is hurt by it's clashing aesthetic (HD HUD over pixel art), is also a little memey if that kills a game for you (characters yell fusrohdah, ect)
>Spelunky
Hard AF. Game of skill, nice aesthetic. Probably the most frustrating game you listed, not to say it isn't good

>descending
FTL
Rain
Throne
Starward Rogue
NecroDancer
Rogue Legacy
Spelunky
Isaac Rebirth
Teleglitch
Gungeon

>Teleglitch
Tell me more.

All of them are really good except Rogue Legacy

Spelunky has a bit of depth to it, and is hard enough to keep you going for months.
Crypt of the Necrodancer can be a bit easy until you unlock other characters with different playstyles. Also lots of replayability due to the custom music.
Rogue Legacy is probably my least favorite of the bunch, being kind of a shitty castlevania type layout and gameplay.
Risk of Rain is supreme, with amazing visuals and audio and a ton of unique characters with their own skills.

I also recommend Enter the Gungeon, because it's fucking Enter the Gungeon. Tons of weapons with unique shots and patterns and abilities, balancing your life and screen-clearing Blanks among patterns of directed and undirected enemy fire, dodge rolling from cover to cover, and exploration made easier with the room teleportation make this an engaging and truly always-different experience.

Spelunky basically popularized roguelites. It's really good.

Crypt: Fun concept, music is pretty decent and can be customized. Various characters that all play differently. Not too hard when using base characters. Eh rougelike.

Rogue Legacy- Don't know much, hardly played. Rouge elements are fairly sparse. RNG is particularly present. Not much replayability after beating it.

RoR- Seems basic at first glance, gets pretty goddamn hard. Multiplayer. Pretty fun

Spelunky- Probably the most commonly played RL. Easy to learn, hard to master, hard as shit to reach secret levels. Cant go wrong getting it.

Other games to get are Nuclear throne, Binding of Isaac, FTL, Vagante (Early access), Enter the Gungeon.

Don't take my word as gospel, I'm pretty shit at some of these games.

OP, none of those are roguelites besides Crypt of the Necrodancer. And in fact, I'd dare to call it a roguelike.

Notice how no one is recommending it. That's because they've never played it. The other games are simply weaker. CotN will bust your ass, but is the best of the four and is objectively the most rogue.

RoR's pretty cool though. The others are meme games that get boring very quickly.

>Enter the Gungeon
I'm playing on toaster with integrated graphic card. Will it run?

Have many friends?
Risk of Rain
Have 1 Friend? (Not poor)
Nuclear Throne w/ NTT mod
No friends? (Most Likely)
Nuclear Throne / Crypt of the Necrodancer

This is the objectively correct awnser.

Rogue Legacy is garbage. Crypt of the Necrodancer and Spelunky are both well-designed, challenging games. I could never get into Risk of Rain; I think it's only fun in multiplayer.

>all these different opinions
not very helpful, but interesting to see nonetheless
I couldn't get into spelunky personally and rogue legacy started to bore me after about 3 of the bosses
i'd say RoR is the best out of these
don't know anything about cotn

it's not balanced. the first few floors can be run through while kiting enemies without shooting. after that it's up to RNG and flaky weapon mechanics as for how long you'll survive. it has simple list-based crafting.

Not him, but its a brutal fucking game. Basically, you are a lone scientist or some shit after the research station gets fucked up and mutates pretty much everyone. There are mobbing enemies, basically walking tanks, secret rooms, fair amount of guns, but the real gem of the game is the crafting.

For example, if you find a box of nails, a tin can, and a small explosive, you can make a one-shot explosive fucking nail launcher that evaporates everything in front of you. There are a ton of crafting recipes for various tools or weapons.

I still haven't beaten it, it gets fucking tough.

I... I don't know.

Gonna try it anyway. Thanks senpai.

Shovel Knight

Played all but starward rogue, your list is impeccably accurate. What's Starward?

I'm on mobile

It shouldn't be TOO bad, but there are some enemies that literally fill the screen with moving elements/bullets. Those are where you will get hangs, if any.

what about TinyKeep?

Towerclimb is a 10/10 roguelite and might as well be reverse spelunky, a shame i never hear it mentioned here more often

Risk of Rain for sure. You can even play with Sup Forums.

I'm so surprised there are people still playing 3 years later.

RoR is gotta go fast tho. Not comfy at, def for adrenaline junkies

I only played RoR and Spelunky but both are great. Spelunky has a steeper difficulty curve, but is also more rewarding and infinitely replayable. RoR is more limited in that regard.

NO. Believe me, no.

The later levels get UNPLAYABLE on integrated graphics, even on low. Hell, on a 660M it still didn't run all that well.

Don't bother.

>RoR
>not infinitely playable

what?

a good bullet hell. tight controls.

OP here, You convinced me, getting Spleunky. Also thanks for everyone for contribooting.

Can someone tell be about 20XX? Saw it on my recommended list. Looks like some kind of Megaman / Metroid mix. Steam says its tagged with Rogue-Like.

Fucking hell I'm gonna buy it.

Use extreme trigger discipline, use the knife on early-game mooks.

Spelunky is great, but there is a free version that is pretty fun as well.

If you're going to buy one, I'd go Risk of Rain. Some of the most fun I've ever had with a game, and Sup Forums has threads all the time so if you're looking for multiplayer you'll be able to find plenty who want to play with you.

And that's, surprisingly, where you're wrong. While Spelunky and Rogue Legacy both are great games, Risk of Pain and Crypt of the Negro Basher have more replay value.

Invisible Inc.