Where's the fucking ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BC5WjyaxdXA&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's always SnapMap

Just fucking kidding, play some wads instead

In the sequel.

Or expansion

That ending was just id promising us that they were already working on a sequel.

I believe they said there'd be no SP expansions/dlc.

Luckily a sequel is inevitable.

You shoot at the boss until it dies.

That's all the ending you need.

cant wait to rip that faggot robot's head off in the sequel

He'll probably get killed by one of the bosses.

>eaten by Icon of Sin
>cubes fly out of his skull that spawn Hellform versions of the robutt

or maybe you can upload VEGA into his robo body and overwirte samuel

Hope they make the DLCs of the next Doom focused on the singleplayer, and leave the MP alone, or make it like Titanfall 2 or Overwatch, where all the stuff they release is free.

You can find the Icon of Sin in the game, in fact, it's implied he's called ''Titan''.

One of those DLCs better fucking have the bossfight against Samuel coz man the cliffhanger ending was some MGSV level shit

anyway the gameplays fun as fuck

What's important, where's the fucking New Game+ mode?

so according to the lore, doomguy was from another planet that got absorbed by hell?

Titan was someone different, the Icon of Sin is in the corpse of the Titan. The Titan rose out of the depths of Hell after the Doom Marine killed the Icon, actually.

Yes.
That planet is the one you see in the last level.

what planet?
where does it show up?

just select the first level

The Doomguy comes from a planet that was attacked by Hell, he and the Night Sentinels, or however they are called, fought back, and according to these hell stones he was made OP by some angel.
Since they couldn't invade it, they just absorbed his world into hell.
The last level happens in that world.

Argent D'Nur is the name of the planet i think

who was Olivia talking to in that hologram where a voice tells her she failed because doomguy woke up?

No, Doomguy worked with those guys. He's not necessarily one of them beyond being a member of their demon killing force.

Popular theory is that hell is a dimensional hub and Doom Slayer is LITERALLY Doomguy from Doom 64's ending where he decides to stay in hell and keep murdering people.

So basically, he's Alt-Universe Doomguy.

I have not played this yet but are you telling me they Rage'd the end of this game?

isn't the other planet just phobos ?

it's a bit a cliffhanger
the thing that's really fucking retarded is the lack of solo DLC they would have sold so much better than just multi player shit

I thought he was the betrayer

No. You close the hell portal, seal the well and stop the invasion. You kill the Cyberdemon, Hell Guards and Spider Mastermind.

You just get betrayed in the final moments with a strong sequel hook. You didn't manage to stop the head of the UAC, and he's going to continue to research argent energy and hell.

I traded this in for 8.50, i just couldnt pick it up back up after beating it.

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation. Rage's ending annoyed me.

I remember Deimos being absorbed in hell or was it Phobos?

do you mean the wretch?

i dont think the moons are involved like in the original games

it seems to be just mars that gets fucked

that might be deimos i didn't really get what happened in the first doom

Spider Mastermind or something above it

i thought she turned into the spider mastermind

>playing DOOM
>get to Titan's Realm
>find out that doomguy killed the fucking thing
>holy shit, this game's final boss is going to be fucking insane
>get to the end
>it's the spider mastermind

Kind of underwhelming. It was a good bossfight, definitely, but id setup Doom Marine as this unkillable force of nature, I was expecting a bit more.

this simulation is retarded
he wouldn't survive a car crash with these legs

D44Mgun is 64guy, who's Doom/2guy as well.

The final boss wasn't even the third hardest part of the game. I died way more during the last battle on Mars.

She was the sacrifice to summon the Spider Mastermind, or so I thought.

oh that makes more sense

When do we get D44M 2? Will it come out?

>kill the biggest baddest boss
>make it out of hell
>sent right back in to do what you've been doing the entire game: kill monsters forever but open for a sequel.
In the end it felt like the right way to end it.

he did nothing wrong though

All it was missing was Doomguy finding his dead pet rabbit.

I gotta say I really loved this game's campaign, and the little story that there was. To me that's video game story done right - just a small backdrop for the action, not overbearing, and actually interesting. I really liked the dynamic between doomguy and that robot thing, even though doom guy doesn't say anything (as he shouldn't)and just breaks shut that the robot tells him not to. That shit was fucking fun.

Great campaign, best in years, possibly since 1997 imo. Hopefully D44M 2 sells better than this one did. Hey really dropped the ball with this game's marketing unfortunately.

go away samuel

>uses hell energy
>unleashes demons that kill millions
>not my problem lol, we need this energy for a better world

he's literally the definition of a villain

i like to think that at some point, Doomguy had in his arsenal every weapon and item from the whole DOOM series (not just something like the soulcube or unmaker but also stuff such as shit from the RPG mobiles games and the weapons from the 2016 MP) and even stuff from Quake 3 because he was in it.

Like some sort of Meta Doomguy or something

I loved how there was a story but Doomguy didn't give a fuck about it. When Samuel starts talking to you like he's Atlas from Bioshock, Doomguy just smashed the monitor. He calls that shit right off the bat.

I got the game during the Game Awards sale for $20. I don't usually play first person shooters, but this was up for the top prize so I decided to give it a shot. I couldn't believe how fun it was. I also got Titanfall 2. I'll play that after Christmas vacation.

But that was exactly Doom 64's ending.

Isn't it hinted that the player was the one who gave doomguy his powers?

but did doom really have such low sales?

sorry, replied to the wrong guy

The only thing it's mentioned is that someone called Seraphin gave it to them.
Seraphin was an angel.

On PC it didn't sell that great but it did well on consoles.

Not really, Bethesda said they were very happy with it.
On PC alone it reached a million copies in 5 months, and it stayed for months in the top 10 of USA and UK.

The only sources i've been able to find are VGChartz, and those say that it has only sold 200k more copies on PS4 than PC.

The multiplayer beta put a sour taste in everyone's mouthes and the lack of review copies probably scared people off, but word of mouth seems to have made up for the initial sales. Bethesda has said they're happy with it, so I'm hoping it's enough for the sequel.

In Snapmap, you can make MP modes with multiple weapons but there's still no rocket jumping or faster movement, also is it possible to make SP maps with MP weapons, even if they're DLC?

Well, it's also fallen to 20 dollars in price, so I imagine it's selling well because of all the people who just got consoles.

There's this mod called MetaDOOM that tries to mix all the DOOM games together

>Doomslayer is an unstoppable killing machine
>Unless it's a faggy robot in a cutscene

Fuck that ending, I'm sick of all these modern FPS games with unsatisfying endings:
-In Serious Sam 3 Earth gets destroyed
-In Shadow Warrior 2 Lo Wang gets swalloed by a dragon?
-In DOOM Hayden screws you over
-In Hard Reset ... I don't remember, but it was shit

>muh doomguy
>muh edgy demon ripping

Fucking cringe. I'll play the superior game, thank you, Shadow Warrior 2.

>BJ gets grenade balsted by an old man

Oh yeah I forgot about that

I don't even remember how Old Blood ended but that final boss pissed me off

>rock falls on BJ

Are they trying to make him stronger or weaker?

How good is SW2?

Wait so doomguy is not from earth anymore? What the shit?

He is from earth but went through another dimension that is where he became a part of some alien group or something

No, Doom was from another planet, and that planet eventually got absorbed by hell.

It's meta.

Basically, the Seraphim represent the internet/fans/player. It's a sort of commentary on how Doomguy's "lore" and "powers" became exaggerated over time by the players. We expect him to be unstoppable demon carnage and so that's what he is.

think of it like this

if we wouldnt have renewable energy sources AT ALL and coal and oil was running out. we'd only have nuclear

even if it was 100x times more dangerous than it is now we'd still use it without a better alternative

So they just took the old lore and shoved it up their asses?

DOOM's doomguy might be a different doomguy than the one from the other games.

While them being the same person is likely, it's left ambiguous.

Better than nu-doom, that is for sure.

>-In Hard Reset ... I don't remember, but it was shit
In the OG game they escape the city, on the DLC they just beat a super robot, that's it.

The only reason more than 7 billion people can live on earth is the widespread availability of cheap energy. I dunno how many people live on the earth in DOOM (presumably much more), but removing their primary energy source upon which their civilization is reliant would cause billions of deaths. Dude's got a point.

With the whole "travelling through dimensions between time and space" and this DOOM might have a more complex plot than MGS and KH

Then there's shit about C.Keen, Quake and Wolfenstein being connected to DOOM

I like for a game that doesn't put emphasis on story, there is a lot of story behind it. I actually want a spin off game playing as the Elite guard on the last days before the Argent Wave kills them all.

I like how they even make references to WADS and how that has built Doomguy into the Doomslayer.

I remember DOOM 3 having an expansion and an extra episode where you were other marines but one is from the shitty BFG edition, this also happened with Quake 2

Resurrection of Evil was actually quite good, didn't have the slow paced start of Doom 3.

Speaking of Marines, it seems that they had both the red suit Elite Guards and white suit Marines. I wonder what the interaction between the two were like. In the end, the white suits got the better deal. They were alive. Yes, possessed, but alive.

If they ever bring more shit back, i wanna see the arachnotrons and i wouldn't mind nightmare imps

Red suits had better gear and went down fighting, I'd say they won.

Not really, their suits were programmed to kill them when an Argent Wave goes off, hence why you find them in weird places.

That raises the question why were they programmed like that? Maybe to stop them transforming into demons?

I love the ardent guard armor. It felt like a waste of a good design for them not to be used more.

I get that the game was being minimalist with its cast of characters so I can respect that, but goddamn were they cool.

Plasma rifle seems standard issue to them, no wonder they died.

Are they gonna call the sequel Doom II or Doom V?

No, they had a kill-switch in case of rebellion. It's implied that the Elite Guard were on-par with Doomguy in terms of ability. Olivia Pierce had the code for the kill-switch and used it before she activated the Argent wave.

Doom might have my favorite story in a game and it's Doom. Talk about a surprise.

Something about how ambiguous the story is intrigues me. And it's not ambiguous in a JJ Abrams hack way, you just play as someone who doesn't give a shit about the story. Mass Effect's story bores me because there's so much of it and it's so eager to tell you every little detail. Doom does the exact opposite.

Maybe they'll called "DOOM: Subtitle"

DOOMED

>not using heat wave

Doom: Vol. 2

Are there any differences other than graphics between pc and ps4 versions?

This is still my GOTY

youtube.com/watch?v=BC5WjyaxdXA&

Snapmap has less limits on PC from what I hear.

Not to mention weapon keys and key bindings for special actions.

Talk about a pleasant surprise. I was a naysayer in the beginning and I'm so glad to be wrong. ID made an ass of me and I couldn't be happier.