I play a Swamp, then, I tap the swamp to cast One With Nothing, discarding my hand

I play a Swamp, then, I tap the swamp to cast One With Nothing, discarding my hand.

Your turn, Sup Forums.

Can't be assed to put in the effort to make this a great thread, so I flip the table and go play Yu-Gi-Oh instead.
Good luck though OP I'm rootin for ya

i fuck your mother and end my turn.

>this is real

I play Pot of Greed.

I realise, with a grim thought, that the reason /tg/ has gone to shit is Sup Forums crossboarders shitting it up.

I play a Swamp, then, I tap the swamp to cast Dark Ritual, followed by a cast of Sinkhole, targeting my swamp, and finally One with Nothing.

>playing modern, legacy, or standard
>not frontier

Get with the times faggot

>WotC actually believed players would find gamebreaking combos with this card
>in standard
Kamigawa was a mistake.

half the shit is Sup Forums crossboarders and the other half is Sup Forums crossboarders that got disillusioned when new52 happened and then about two months later everyone started seriously praising some of the new comics and forgot they were supposed to be angry about that little tiny detail of all of DCs entire lore before that point dying forever.

It also didn't help there are dedicated raider irc's (now discords) dedicated to shitposting boards. They managed to get /wst/ pushed to /d/.

The entire "LOL AGE OF SHITMAR!!!" shitposting was the worst point of /tg/. Even worse than Nazi Mod.

No, son, nothing was worse than Nazi Mod. Forcing /tg/ related topics to go to Sup Forums and /lit/ was retarded. Nazi Mod literally told people to take discussion of the Warhammer 40k codexes to /lit/, discussion of the Wakfu TCG to Sup Forums and discussion of Maid went to Sup Forums.

I was done with /tg/ back in like 2007ish when they were enthusiastically writing stats and drawing fanart of sergals.

Up until recently the board was like half quests, the cringiest bullshit imaginable from the depths of fanfiction.net.

>dying forever
Yeah just like Superman and Batman and Barry Allen and Hal Jordan and Jason Todd and Green Arrow and Wally West and

Oh no you don't.

Before that spell resolves, I'm going to counter it with Pact of Negation.

Don't you be thinking that you can lose the game before I do!

Honestly, that land doesn't look too bad. Whether "comes into play tapped" is a detriment or not depends on your deck and the style of play you are using. As for a "comes into play tapped" land, knowing your top card/cycling the card is pretty good.

I untap my zero permanents.
I do nothing in my upkeep.
I draw a card.
I move to main phase one.
>I play an Expedition Scalding tarn.
I go to the beginning of combat.
I delcare no attackers.
We skip blockers and damage due to no attackers.
I end combat.
I move to main phase two.
>I cast a Tormod's Crytp and pass the turn.

I meant the card from the op post, though.
One with Nothing ended up being, well, nothing.

Ha, you think you can end yourself?
With the Pact trigger on the stack I exile Simian and Elvish spirit guide from my hand and use the mana to case Manamorphose declaring Blue and Red.

I then use this mana to Trickbind the trigger.
You may now draw.

Kinda sucks it's a rare though

Yeah but I'm looking at it with the hindsight that /tg/ didn't make up for it by being creative. Nazi Mod might have killed the board, but the crossboarders from Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums who brought their shit into the board, danced in the fucking ashes.

13 months, user. 13 months of people shitposting about AoS. Nobody even cared. That wouldn't have happened. At least Nazi Mod who'd have cut that shit out.

Blame moot. He forced all quests, CYOA and WBing onto /tg/. So we got EVERYBODY there. Quests are gone now, it's not fixed the problem as all t he quality posters have gone. All the creativity has gone to /d/ because of raiders.

>this card was 10 bucks when it was in standard
>couldn't play B/G because of it.

How come there's no MTG video game

I do also play a swamp, tap it, cast one with nothing and then 4 of this fucker

There are. They're just shit because you're given limited set decks. That's both stupid and smart.

Phantom Dust is the closest you'll ever get to a real time MTG game.

First time I ever found MTG was reading about a guy who won a tournament with a Mongoose based deck.

I bought cards just for the art. Had nobody to play with. Then the internet came out and I have no need for such things.

I can think of exactly one instance where it can be useful.

Mind you, it's a terribly gimmick card, but sometimes those terribly gimmick decks can be fun to play.

What do you mean by MTG game, do you mean as in playing the card game?
>Magic Duels, Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers

There was a mixed strategy game that was very shit.
>Magic Tactics

I would enjoy the idea of seeing a magic mmo where you travel planes and meet main characters.
You get to chosoe your character style by mana colors, then by magic such as counter magic, buffs and so on.

I play EDH and I have seen a deck win because of that card.
He was playing a Narset EDH deck where the whole idea was to win with this card alone.

>Swing Narset
>Reveal Mirari, Apocalypse and This
>Cast them in that order and pass

>Malady

your

commanders

Dominates in 1v1 games. Group games are fun since the main theme wmi have with him is stealing shit.
Currently building Breya

>commanders
Why did that shit take off anyways?

Has just the right amount of EDH fuckery but also leaves enough of a challenge.

And I forgot to post him

Hello! I will break standard even more!

Ask me anything.

>I realise, with a grim thought, that the reason /tg/ has gone to shit is Sup Forums crossboarders shitting it up.
I left after the nazi janitor left scorched earth and came to Sup Forums

must have been around 2011

A lot more fun to play with friends than competitive decks.

made a ninja commander deck

pretty gud for threshold/madness/morbid decks I'd figure

Anyone else played this weird game?

shit gets insane fast

No UW Flash or BG Delerium will use that.

That was a mod. Not a janitor. Don't worry, we have a janitor now who is trying to emulate the famous Kitten Mod :^)

>mfw got banned for saying I had been shitposting about 40k on another site...

Cheap mono-color decks can be just as effective as or even moreso than expensive goodstuff decks

Excellent for 3+ players

Appeals to and allows for all types of players

Most diverse format

fun

>years later
>wizards is still using that fucking shitty MTGO client.

My first and favorite commander. He's a great voltron and with some token generation you can lay down the beats.

it's a great card but not at first turn

I play Sharuum, every list I find for it online is about silly combos but mine is just about beating people up with robots.

>implying this won't bump G/W to Tier 1 because turn 3 gideon.

I just want standard to be cheap. Fuckers like these aren't helping.

>If Nebby is not in your bag by the end of turn, you lose the game.

Why the fuck would anyone play this?

I love that game to this day.

I'm thinking of making my first commander deck with him. I love me some soldiers.

Because it actually reads "Draw until you have 6 cards in your hand. If this is your first turn, draw until you have 8 cards in your hand".

You can't take mana burn anyone, so this isn't the instant kill it otherwise would've been.

Also, I thought that Tormod's Crypt would've gone into your graveyard after the "remove from the game" effect, although I guess some newer timing would put it into the graveyard first.

>DSP builds a deck

can't you read user?

Wait I don't understand. Doesn't this just kill you?

what are the last 2 cards for sempai?

Hex: Shards of Fate

Remove from game = exile

The sacrifice is a cost, not an effect

I'm pretty sure the only play it saw was to fight owling mine.

If I ever get back into commander, I'm building Sisay.

I have no idea. My experience with commander has been either crawwurm.dec or vintage singleton, and here I am with a deck at around legacy power level. Group doesn't have fun either way.

Black Lotus sac for black mana
Play LED
Play Yogmath's Will, Crack LED in response for blue, discard repeal, repeal, tendrils
Play Lotus and LED from yard
Repeal lotus, recast, repeal lotus, recast
Crack lotus for black mana, tendrils targeting opponent with storm count 9. gg?

I heard we were all suiting up for a nice, fun game of EDH

Not on my watch

How would Leveler actually ever be used in a real game? You remove your library and then you lose on the next turn.

I haven't played MTG in a long fucking time, but what in the actual fuck is with that horrible card art?

Laboratory Maniac.

>make a bunch of really good artifacts
>have fucking zero good artifact removal
How am I supposed to deal with this bullshit?

>what are the last 2 cards for sempai?
Swamp: gain 1 black mana
Dark Ritual: up to 3 black mana
Dark Ritual: up to 5 black mana
Black Lotus: up to 8 black mana
Leveler: exile your library (3 black mana)
Play Tormod's Crypt
Smallpox: sacrifice Leveler, sacrifice your Swamp (1 black mana)
Tormod's Crypt: exile your graveyard

The end result is no library, no hand, no graveyard, nothing in play, and 1 floating black mana with no way to spend it. In older Magic this would've meant death from mana burn, although now it just means loss due to unable to draw a card.

Post cardfus

Wow homura really grew up

>death from mana burn

>start with 20
>lose 1

Wouldn't you just take 1 damage from mana burn and go to 18 life? You'd lose when you went to draw.

Ah, right. I thought that Smallpox dropped you to 1 life. Fairly terrible reading on my part, so sorry for that.

>and meet main characters.

No.
The Jacetice League is the cancer killing Magic.

What this user said, or something involving stifle/torpor orb/hushwing gryf.
Though, Phyrexian dreadnought is a much better self-stifle target in general.

Wizards needed a way to actually sell their shitty set, so they added SUPER RARE WOW cards with fancy borders. Think Zendikar expeditions.

I like Weiss Schwarz as a card game, but I have trouble convincing people to play it. Makes me sad.

>Homura

True, but I mean in the WoW sense, as in you talk to them for quests like Sylvanas.

Borborygmous (original) for an aggro-stomp deck. Green side beats things, red side helps the green side beat things.

Memnarch for an Artifact deck. No real concept to it other than just "Artifacts."

I was working on a red land destruction EDH deck using Zo Zu but my friends threatened to kill me if I tried using it.

>not running a circle of protection : red

Is that old wording basically just the modern "hexproof", or is there a difference between the card as is and one where the first two statements were replaced with "hexproof"?

top kek.

where can I find more like this?

Hexproof allows creatures to be targeted by their controllers.

That card has Shroud.

all this does is exile your entire everything

These are making standard cheaper. They soak up EV in boxes and make other mythics cheaper. The standard legal Masterpieces tend to be the cheapest ones

Shit combo.
You forgot Dark Ritual and Sink Hole.

When thrax is first declared as an attacker does he swing for 6 or 7? does the +1/+1 apply before combat damage is dealt?

I just "built" a deck around him but took it apart because it's no fun for anyone to play against.
Endless Whispers
Leveler
Innocent Blood
Pass turn

Declare attacks, sac and counter would apply before blockers are assigned and damage dealt.

declare attackers, thrax is attacking so they have to sac, putting him at 7/7 then blocks

yes

Thrax attacks, they sac, thrax gets +1/+1, blockers, damage step