Everyone shit on Alex

>everyone shit on Alex
>watch the scene where Vinny flips out over ME2 being cut
>they all clearly explain their rationalization of why ME2 didnt belong on the list
>that scene where Vinny then legit directly attacks Alex with more verbal harrasment
>literally heated he has to mentally go to his safe space to keep calm
>jeff and others trying to lighten the mood with jokes

youtube.com/watch?v=NdDFSHprG8Y&feature=youtu.be&t=4593

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWvi2arSA&feature=youtu.be&t=525
youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWvi2arSA&feature=youtu.be&t=42535
youtube.com/watch?v=RiBUCIH3SSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It fucking rules but I don't think it hangs

Bitch I ain't watching 2 and a half hours, time code what you want me to see... Or just post the time's and I'll jump there myself

Alex is fucking cancer, he's the worst thing about these podcasts and that's saying a lot since they have Dan there as well.

>Alex will never leave because no one else would ever hire his miserable ass
>Jeff keeps him around out of how long he's known him

the jump cut is in there dummy, refresh

Sup Forums's shitty embed works when you refresh

do you have any reasoning or are you just an asspained gamergate fag

at least he went to bat for TLG, darkest dungeon and Tokyo Mirage Sessions while Brad tried his hardest to get Doom into the 1-3 spots in every category.

Oh you're right... Now I am the bitch...

>rorie was literally brought to GB because of ryan feeling sorry for him
>hes now been grandfathered in
>every UPF where he complains about the game's controls while everyone else is having fun
>he literally complains about his thumbs hurtting a few weeks ago because he "doesnt use a controller, he uses a mouse for WOW"

I dunno man, if you've managed to anger Vinny, you know you've fucked up for real. If anything that should've been an indication they all needed to rethink their shit.

>watching a bunch of white males

ugh...

i wish i could watch an edited version of the deliberations where every time alex talks, instead there is different audio

alex seems like that kind of kid from school that invites you over to his house and then doesnt let you play or touch anything and cries when you beat him in a game

also he tries to suck your dick on the dl

If you want dick sucking game journalists

hey that was kinda funny

Aw fuck you Carlos

>alex inviting you over to play Rock Band
>you show up to find out he only has teh drum kit
>he says, lets play till someone fails then switch
>12 hours later

youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWvi2arSA&feature=youtu.be&t=525

reminder he almost ruined the fun during e3

>a-alex can i get a turn?

youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWvi2arSA&feature=youtu.be&t=42535

Hm yeah I don't know if it hangs with the rest of the list.

why do they suck geometry wars' dick so hard

it's a fun game but anywhere even near a "game of the generation" list? fuck off

>e-celeb shit

why the fuck is this the only e celeb shit thats allowed on Sup Forums? and why the fuck does no one say shit to this one specific e celeb shit that suddenly got popular in a couple of months on this board?

fuck all you double standard faggots that let this shit slide

Jeff Gerstmann literally revolutionized video coverage of games and the first most popular gaming site on the net in the 90s
>literally invented the review criteria points based value system
>became the bastion of reviewers by not giving into marketing shills

also Dan has Forrest Gump'd so many things you would not eve believe unless you followed him over the last few years with GB

finding out he literally single handedly was the cause for GNR's full catalog being stopped from release after they already reached a deal and released CD for Rock Band because of a stunt he pulled at an E3

wow what a great achievement huh? he told people what he thought about videogames on the internet, real fucking revolutionary.
Don't ever post here again you fucking parasite

>i wasn't alive for any of that so who cares!

LO AND FUCKN BEHOLD that's what happened, and so look how everyone treats them. You asked why they get talked about, you now know.

Giant Bomb are barely e-celebs

Most of them started in video games journalism when it was still mainly in print and not online.

he was doing youtubegaming and twitch 20 years before they even existed

those sites literally pull all their game box art and info directly from his site now also

he also doesnt give a fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=RiBUCIH3SSQ

Explain the GNR one

>literally created and ran the first and biggest online gaming site
>goes back to the building that fired him for not shilling out
>his site and stream and charity sessions earn 100x more money than the overproduced shillspots each year
>remembering last year when the final total for Extra Life for gamespot was literally like 20 or 40k after having Aus/UK/America studios streaming for a week
>GB had 250k+ with just 3 streams

He faked a "interview" with a Rock Band dude at E3 about how Chinese Independence or w/e that record was was going to be released through Guitar Hero/Rock Band and a bunch of people actually in the game company heard this wild rumor and saw this fake video and it destroyed the trust they had with the GNR peopel so it just never happened.

Mass effect 2? Is this some old games list they doing?

how the fuck do you redditors even function?

you asking this time, or just talking to yourself?

GB aren't ecelebs, you fucking idiot. They're journalists*

Alex could literally stop showing up to work for 3 years and he would still be getting paid since Jeff will never fire him. Jeff knows if Alex gets fired he's going to kill himself.

I thought that gay ass nigger that left to go work for Vox was going to hire this faggot? Or was it the other nigger that he hired?

there's only one e-celeb allowed on Sup Forums you jelly manlet

This.

First time I've seen Vinny angry.

you sound so fucking stupid

he clearly wasn't displaying actual anger

>Couple months ago
So you've been here for exactly how long?

Man I just love Gerstmann. He is the god of gaming journalism.

Stay salty, nigger.

fuck the haters!

I love hearing about the crazy shit he got up to when he was younger

But going back and seeing moments spent with Ryan and he's clearly having the time of his life makes me sadder than I've ever been before, I don't wanna know what losing your best friend feels like

>no bayonetta in xbone compatibility
>no chapter 5 in bravely second for best moment

I mean I knew they had shit taste but damn

Alex is actually pretty okay if you listen to the beast cast and get used to his attitude. He actually can be funny at times and that Rock Band stream was pretty cool

>geometry wars
>game of the generation

are you fucking kidding me?

I don't really blame him when somebody he works closely with and tries to garner a mutual respect for basically just undermined him completely. I don't think that ME2 should have been the winner, but the way that Alex cut it and then nonchalantly just decides to tell him that he never even touched the game seemed very personal. I'm very glad that Vinny kept jabbing at it.

I think John Drake was in that video and he still hates Dan's guts for it.

>jrpg
>moment of the year

hahaha no user stop please

Yeah I used to think the Drake vs. Dan thing was a joke but recently realized the hatred is real. And fuck Drake so that's fine, Dan is doing way better than him

Ok then faggots, what would be your choice for game of the generation?

For the most part, I would agree with you, but the number one term to describe him during these end of the year videos has been "insufferable" to me.

The start of chapter 5 was a great moment. Id suggest you give it a try but you'd just reply with another meme reaction image

Isn't Drake high up at Sony? Also, his wife is pretty hot.

Oh no I agree, he was a real fucker in these deliberations for some reason

This is true, but Dan basically gets to live the kind of adulthood we all dreamed of as children

I don't doubt that it was a great moment, but I completely believe that it was a great moment for a JRPG, which might as well be it's own category. I would be surprised to see if it's a better moment than the FFXV campfire.

>all that geometry wars dicksucking
>all that Doom dicksucking
>not even playing ME2

Rorie is Jeff's friend. Ryan's last words to Rorie were "Mathew Rorie you are a human piece of shit" while dumping a bottle of water on his head after he went in for a hug.

On the episode of the podcast where they eulogize Ryan he insists he meant it in a friendly way, of course.

its not hatred you fucking autist

I haven't seen an image of Dan's fiance, but I would fuck Andrea Rene real fast given the opportunity. I also saw her before I really knew who she was at PAX East in a panel, and she seemed pretty fucking cool there.

He's talked about getting so angry he punched a hole in the drywall at his house because of the stress of being a new dad.

Probably Rock Band 2?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

He had to pick up the indie shit stick now that austin an patrick are gone

It probably went from legit hatred to "joking but not really" hatred to "fuck it, it's fine" begrudging acceptance.

it probably was never at any hatred.
no one would still be mad about anything like that except people like you.

At this point I'm convinced that those are just the games that he likes. I think it's pretty clear overall Alex doesn't really like video games as much as a passion as anyone else on the crew. He really got his start reviewing shit games and I think they skewed his opinion of them in general.

I don't know what was funnier: Dan's atonal yammering or Vinny's alpha-male roar.

I think following him during the death of Ryan is what truly sold me on him as a genuine person. Giant Bomb fucking saved his life. Every video is genuine, every format they do just stink love for games. You hear it when they speak about the games. Its real.

Like that? Dan literally got Harmonix into serious fucking trouble by posting stupid fucking videos online. I wouldn't doubt that there is a serious level of "that guy's a fucking douchebag" behind his back.

>he doesn't play the RIGHT games so he's not passionate about it

He's gone on to explain that he didn't hate him so much for the prank as Dan's blase attitude to almost getting him fired. I think they went over this on one of the E3 shows.

they work in close enough proximity its obvious that if it was ever an issue as big as you think it is, it isn't one now or no one cares. Your eceleb head-cannon is lame

Did either of them even make a top 10 for Giant Bomb this year? I know Austin was like "I'm going to subvert this shit by talking about games I watched but didn't play"

I listen to the beastcast every week, and Alex always sounds more comfortable talking about anything that ISN'T video games. It seems dangerous to even get him started talking about movies on the cast because he seems to go off on a tangent each time. His lists are literally comparable to the SJW bullshit that people post as guest lists on the site each year.

Brad seems like the one who likes games the least. I'm convinced he just goes home and sleeps most of the time.

They don't work in the same place at all

Yeah, if anything it's just that he didn't like that "old Dan" style irreverence rather than the act itself; clearly they've had time to work on this.

He plays lots and has played a lot of games. You're mad he doesn't play every triple-A game and likes games you don't.

I think Brad loves games, but he is too into games that he played in his childhood/formative years. He can't seem to get away from things that aren't "hardcore" FPS games or just plain fucking Dota.

>GB and game devs, specifically iron galaxy, are never in close proximity or work an industry that is close together.

He goes home to fuck his Asian nurse gf and play with guinea pigs. Then plays Dota with Brad Muir and his brother

>tfw dont follow vidya journo drama

Fuck man I don't even know. Waypoint is such a nightmare I'm not even going to try to find out.

alex is trash and ruins everything hes a part of

EXTREME nepotism is the only reason he isnt on the street

What is wrong with his neck? He looks like a turtle fucked a pelican.

>5 le trump jokes every podcast

we get it.

Waypoint really is a nightmare. Did you see the fake yearbook thing they did to make up for having a shitty high school experience? I didn't make that up, Austin admitted it on Twitter.

>he makes fun of people's neck
>>>/disneychannel.com/

I don't even need to go there in order to know what type of shit they cover. They're probably even more SJW than Kotaku.

He reminds me of Karl Pilkington a bit where he's been with the same girl forever but hasn't found the time to marry her for some reason or another.

Oh did i insult your favorite middle aged lets-player husbando? ____Neck____ yourself.

you got me dude!!!

Brad lost all that weight though so that's nice. I'm proud of him for that. I imagine she had a lot to do with that.