Action RPG Tokyo Xanadu gets PS4 and PSVita European releases in 2017

They finally localised the superior PS4 one

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-gets-ps4-and-ps-vita-european-release-in-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/aksysgames/status/821424663498616832
gematsu.com/2016/06/tokyo-xanadu-ex-first-details-screenshots
blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-gets-ps4-and-ps-vita-european-release-in-2017/
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/
youtube.com/watch?v=X6thPekAh58
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-14-falcom-vs-the-fans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DotEmu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PC WHEN

How was it anyway? Haven't seen a lot of buzz anywhere so I can only assume it's mediocre and not as great as Trails.

Did this game end up being good?

Too bad this was a bad arpg by falcom

They have been making shit games since Ys7

It's also announced for PC along with the PS4 version.

What does the PS4 version add? Is it just another playable character or two and some epilogue?

I thought XSEED would do this game. What the fuck are they even doing now? I want my Ys VIII already.

>forgetting about the PC version
One job OP.
Though I guess I can't blame you since Playstation Blog only ever talks about its own platforms.
twitter.com/aksysgames/status/821424663498616832
Its the Ex+ version getting released in Fall alongside the PS4 release.
Speaking of which, why is the OG Vita version coming out first?

New enemies, new moves/skill, new character, new postgame quest for the characters and a whole new scenario with that work as epilogue and the real conclusion.

Also, the game will have Japanese voices.

Hello XSEED.

This is being brought over by Aksys, not XSeed

This is exactly why I mentioned those faggots.

He prolly refers to Coldsteel which had no JP voices and every other Falcom game XSEED touches.

Vita is coming first because they started working on it first before the PS4 version was announced.

He is being sarcastic mocking Xseed policy of dubbing almost everything meanwhile Aksys do mostly duals or jap only.

>How was it anyway?
Bad, not Akiba's Beat bad but bad noneheless.
>not as great as Trails.
Trails is also mediocre phamalam.

Why is she so perfect?

Ah, my bad. I misunderstood.
I do hope this comes out dual audio though. Japanese only is kind of shitty too.

Already played it desu.

>Trails is also mediocre phamalam
Thats it everything this user say on his lies its pure shitaste. So don't take his opinion seriously.

Are all the characters teenagers? Where are my cute lolis and badass men?

>Akiba's Beat
That game is so fucking bad. Why is XSEED localizing that trash.

What's bad about it? The combat looks like a significant improvement over Akiba's Trip, even if its also very different

Is the gameplay good?
General anons of the thread seem to lean towards no.

Here is a summary on why Ex+ is superior:
gematsu.com/2016/06/tokyo-xanadu-ex-first-details-screenshots

Akiba's Beat doesn't come out until March anywhere though.

Not expecting much from its bootleg LMBS, though.

Actually wait no it did come out in Japan last month. Didn't realize that. Shame.

Thanks.

PS4 version already came out in Japan and it bombed horrendously. Something like just 5,000 sales week 1.

No they're not all teenagers.

Dual Audio or scram. I'm getting fucking tired, that it's 2017 and it's STILL not default that japanese games' western release contains the fucking japanese voices. Now I can't wait for the game in peace, I have to be worried whether they will fuck us in the ass again or not due to some bullshit combined with greed, lazyness and licensing excuses. I'm tired of this shit so much.

They confirmed Japanese voices on the PS blog.
No clue if it'll have English voices though.

Calm down, nigger. It's JP audio only. You should be grateful it's no XSEED or else they'd fuck us over like with ColdSteel.

>wont localize Ys8
>but they do localize this crap that's not a good Ys clone or a good Persona clone

Fuck

Can you fucking read the thread before you post, you autistic sperg retard?

Any source on this? I don't see it mentioned at the link posted

but maybe I'm really just blinded by rage at this point

This is Aksys, not XSEED. Can you fucking read, you retard?

XSEED is busy doing jackshit.

>wont localize Ys8
They're fucking waiting for the PS4 version.

As far as I'm concerned, everybody speaking before me is
>source: your ass

unless someone links to a reliable source confirming this

Aksys are handling Tokyo Xanadu. Falcom has basically confirmed that Ys 8 is coming to the west at their new years meeting. It's not out yet on PS4 in Japan, so I expect Xseed to announce it in spring/summer.

US PS blog.

Based as fuck.

Thanks!

Did you not see the OP's link?
You are such a fucking dumbass, holy shit.

Will it have English voices?

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/

Read comment #4

never heard of it desu senpai
how is it?

don't know about ys 8 but they announced a ps4 remaster or remake of ys origins recently
youtube.com/watch?v=X6thPekAh58

Settle down.

No info so far.

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-14-falcom-vs-the-fans

>One of the biggest complaints about Trails of Cold Steel is the English dub replacing the Japanese original, which featured famous anime voice actors. Is there a possibility of seeing the original dub released as DLC, similar to what Square Enix did with Drakengard 3?

>TK: Recently, we have seen many requests for the Japanese voice track to be included. There are many issues to consider in order to make this a reality, but if the demand is really that strong, it is definitely something that we want to consider.

Which means Falcom has done something with, at the very least, Tokyo Xanadu

I wonder if this means Xseed passed on it because they have their hands full with crossbell. :o)

XSEED is not doing Origins' port. It's another company.

>Goes apeshit over nothing
>Anons say it has dual audio
>Goes apeshit again
>Anons point it out and prove him wrong
>"Settle down"

>and digitally and PC digitally this fall (winter 2017 in Europe), the company announced.

Are they going to region lock a Steam game?

You appear to be somewhat upset over nothing. Read the conversation again, especially

Nice

Wouldn't be the first game to be region locked on Steam

I think there's one loli, dunno if you can play as her though.

>with PC version
I'm literally shaking right now.
Ys VIII when

>blinded by rage

Autism.

Yes, I have been waiting for this.

>JP audio only
That's not dual audio though

oh didn't know that my bad
apparently it's DotEmu who do the port

isn't dual audio the reason P5 takes so long to get released in the west?
if so fuck dual audio

no it isn't you retard

>not being patient
Its not like there's a lack of games coming out this year.
More voices = more replayability, and it also helps make everyone's preferences happy.

Well, if it was JP audio only, it might have release sooner, yeah.

No, that's because Atlus US did such a sloppy job of the localization (including the dub) that Atlus Japan stepped in and forced them to redo some characters' lines and polish the entire thing instead of half assing their biggest game yet. The JP audio was an apology because Atlus Japan finally fucking recognized how much of a demand there was for it contrary to shutting their ears and screaming "lalala our dubs are better" like Atlus USA did.

Most of what you just said is conjecture

My ass is a conjecture.

So its pretty much confirmed now that Trails of Cold Steel 3 will get PC release too.

This: We're getting JP voices and Atlus is redoing the western localization.

No your ass is on the lower end of your body, as you are a human

lol no. Why would you think that?

Aksys is handling Tokyo Xanadu, not Xseed.

Not confirmed, but if you yell at XSeed and Falcom it'd help make it more likely, since the higher the demand there is for something, the likelier it is to happen.
Why the fuck would someone port the third game before the first two?

Nah, one is Aksys, the other is XSEED. It's likelier to get a Switch port.

What has DotEme done before?
Different localization companies.

No because Aksys is the one making the port for TX
It's not going to make it any more likely. It will literally do nothing. Xseed has no software engineers and Falcom has no PC developers.

Wasn't this game a flop due to how bad it was?

ehm thx for the info I guess...?

>Its not like there's a lack of games coming out this year.
true tho gravity rush 2 coming out tomorrow for example

ah okay seems like I got that wrong
I've replayed 1 and 2 while I'm waiting and replay 3 atm trying to avoid any spoilers

still 3 months to go..

WASSUP PERSONA

most famous games they've ported were some final fantasy games for pc apparently
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DotEmu

seems like they just port games instead developing games

None of it was

They directly stated that the reason for the delay was quality issues and that the JP voices were an apology

I really would have liked to see in depth how badly they botched the job to the point where their daddy branch had to intervene. Like what sort of decisions and work ethic led to it.

What makes you certain that Falcom didn't handle this port? What makes you think XSeed doesn't have some responsibility for ports considering games like Little King's Story and Akiba's Trip? Do you have absolute confirmation of who is handling what?

Not to mention that developers and publishers who have never done something before can, have, and may change if there is enough demand for something, as such has happened in the past with other companies. Consumer demand = incentive to do something.

If you're talking about the english voice, then yes. Would have been faster if Japanese only.

No, they said that they were re-examing the localization and doing more work on it and that the Japanese voices were an apology, and all Atlus USA has said regarding its English dubs is that its proud of its voice actors. There is nothing to concretely conclude without a doubt that:
>this extra work is being done due to poor work on Atlus USA's part and Atlus Japan forcing them to redo it
>Atlus USA says its dubs are better than the Japanese VAs

>What makes you certain that Falcom didn't handle this port?
The fact that Falcom does not have any PC developers
>What makes you think XSeed doesn't have some responsibility for ports considering games like Little King's Story and Akiba's Trip?
Both of those were ported by the original developer.

Go ahead and yell at Xseed for ports all you want, they will tell you the exact same things I told you because that's what they've been telling people since they started releasing games on Steam and retards who can't use Google thought those games were ports.

>What makes you certain that Falcom didn't handle this port?
Falcom abandoned PC development like 8 years ago.

>heroes of might and magic III "HD"
oh god not those tards

I am well aware of this. That does not mean they have no PC developers. That means they have not done a PC release in 8 years.

I'm just tired of people pretending that they know what goes on internally within game companies

>Little King's Story
>original developer

They abandoned it fully when the PC release of Zero bombed, not 8 years ago. They had to drop everything but PSP during the development of Ys VII/Seven because Softbank (their distributor) fucked them over hard (which is why Ys Seven is so unfinished - the game was originally going to be much larger and more featured, as well as being their first multiplatform game, but was rushed out to keep Falcom afloat). They wanted to get back into PC development but they had already let go every programmer who knew how to make PC games, so they tested the waters with a cleaned-up version of the PC release of Zero in Japanese, which bombed, and caused them to abandon any attempts to move back into PC development.
My bad, I skipped over that and only saw Akiba's Trip, which was ported by Acquire.

>sonyponies lost another exclusive
>even the most sonypony devs like NIS is jumping ship to Nintendo
Gaming is good again.

Nobody is pretending, you fucking ignorant retard. Falcom themselves have directly stated they no longer have the capacity for PC development

Are you guys console only people? Man I sure am looking forward to you guys enjoying the "quality" of DotEmu ports.

It´s not like multiplat games dissappear or something

Yeah, several years ago