youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fine for a 6 inch screen

Kek, even my shitty China phone is 1080p

No shit.

>bait

It actually looks really good :)

How's it bait if it's true?

It had to happen. digital foundry said splatoon 2 runs at 720p docked. How would explain a 1080p tablet?

They look so uncomfortable.

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8
1280x800
8 inch ips
$90, was on sale for $50.

Is the screen IPS or AMOLED?

I find it so damn funny Nintendo is trying to sell the most uncomfortable experience with playing on a mini tv that has ever been seen. No normal person squints their eyes to a fucking screen these days. They either have it held up like most mobile devices or are playing a game on the tv screen like a normal person.

Why do their hands and the switch look warped?

If it's really a 6 inch screen then it has a really good PPI. In short, going over that would be nearly pointless.

TN

/thread
the nvidia shield was 720p and the games looked fine on that

>all these kids thinking that display resolution for text is equivalent to rendering video games
jesus christ

>thinking an IPS would cost that low

Because it is shopped to look even smaller

It isn't fine. 1080p is the minimum now. I hope you guys realize the price difference now between a 6 inch 720p and 1080p is like less than $10 in bulk. Nintendo is fucked up.

>wavy switch
clearly shopped

Neither, it's a fucking TN panel. Nintendo couldn't even give us an IPS or OLED display.

When you look at the $300 price range, most tablets come with IPS or OLED displays.

I've gone from using a 1080p tablet to a 720p one recently and I can tell you there is a pretty surprising difference, albeit not one someone who has never actually seen a 1080p tablet is likely to care about.

Does anyone notice there's a lil warping on the image? If you look at the corners of the switch or each persons hands you can see it. Either way that looks like ass to play. If I get one I have no plans of it leaving to dock except for comfy bed play

>It runs 1080p 60fps Mario Kart though

I don't think anyone is going to complain that a handheld (in portable mode) runs Mario Kart at the same 720p resolution that the WiiU did.

>1080p is the minimum now
dude the fucking ps4 and xbone barely pull this off in AA titles and more often than not don't do it

I know you're a console child because of how retarded you are when it comes to talking about technology
>difference now between a 6 inch 720p and 1080p is like less than $10 in bulk
but the cost to render games at 1080p is more than twice in graphical compute power

games look better at native resolution than upscaled. 720p on a 720p screen looks better than 720p on a 1080p display

kill yourself you illiterate idiot

As I said.
1080p screens in that size are dirt cheap. The cheap ass kindle fire has them.

Then it's likely Nintendo cutting costs. Remember, they are going to be selling it alone for $200.

If you tried to play anything more intensive than Tetris on it it would explode though.

It's almost as if you could display on a TV for multiplayer, and the portable multiplayer is a compromise that is literally a free benefit no other console has ever had. Who would have guessed.

why would i pay for "fine"

The best resolution on a hand held game device yet.

every switch game has 60fps, unlike the wiiu what has only like 3-4 games what have 60fps

now multiply those 10 dollaridos on amount of expected unit sales and have a fucking guess, whether or not Nintendo planning to give up the extra cost for better user experience.

>dude the fucking ps4 and xbone barely pull this off in AA titles and more often than not don't do it
A majority of games run on 1080p now

the ps4 and xbox did not just launch this year they fixed launch year problems ages ago

>It runs 720p upscaled to 1080p 60fps Mario Kart though

FTFY

Where are the proofs?

Most Xbone games are still 900p, with some being 720p.

The Switch isn't powerful enough to run games at 1080p when portable.
A 720p screen is better here because native 720p>720p upscaled to 1080p.
All a 1080p screen would do is raise costs, reduce battery life, and make games look worse.

This is nice.
Breath of the Wild though will be 1080p docked and 720p undocked.

Still convinced that fish is a young man.

900p docked*

Because you'd complain about the price of amazing

Which is why I think they put a 720p screen for battery reasons. If they cap everything at 720p in handheld mode you got more battery to work with. However the battery is still average as far as tablets go

sigh, the switch is a social gaming console why are a bunch of neets talking about it?

That was because they were using the WiiU E3 build ported to the system.
This is evident due to the HUD differences with the playable demo and the demo during Treehouse.

Because they're forcing us to change to the new platform

There 1440 phones for the same or less price of the Switch

>forcing
you don´t need to buy it if you don´t like it

>free benefit
You pay for it, retard

wtf this image is fucking with my eyes - now everything has pattern texture

they would have come out and said something about it already if that was they case, they have answered most other questions people have asked, if you seriously believe this then you are a retard

literally unplayable

The people at the event (most notably Digital Foundry) said that Zelda was running at an upscaled resolution while docked.
They also commented that even when docked, framerates were poor.

well that is their fault

the S solved those problems I'm sure but I know PS4 games that have a 1080p option run it

>I can play good games portably with a dock for home play, something the 3DS desperately needed for shit like MH

This is all I care about.
The graphics wank-off between PS4 and XBO has made the least fun console generation yet.
Nintendo is a whole power bracket behind, but they actually explore the space they have and make fun games,
unlike Sony and MS who are just in a race to get to the next bracket, gameplay be damned.

When you buy with a contract that makes up for the loss on the phone

There aren't any, because they lied.

If you watched the Treehouse Stream you would know it's 1080p 60fps even during splitscreen, and it isn't an upscale as the Treehouse said and showed on screen.

Thats one big white cock xD

>every switch game has 60fps
Source?

but not good or great (acceptable)

>The Switch isn't powerful enough to run games at 1080p when portable.
[citation needed]

It's not powerful enough to run ALL games at that, but it could totally hit 1080p on some games.

>every game is the same
Zelda is 900p 30fps while docked

>some people said
>they also commented

>That was because they were using the WiiU E3 build ported to the system.

This would have been believable if release was to be this fall or holiday season. But we're six weeks from release, so the game's already gone gold.
There's no way in hell that was a hacked-together WiiU ported demo version.

>Switch is stronger when docked
When this meme will die?

So how much are we "paying" for portable multiplayer? It's built into the $300 console, cost it obviously must be extremely cheap.

>If you watched the Treehouse Stream you would know it's 1080p* 60fps even during splitscreen

*720p/900p upscaled to 1080p

I remember your type, you're the same delusional fanboys that claimed MK8 was running at 1080p60, when it was running 720p upscaled to 1080p 60fps.

there's no source because it's bullshit
zelda runs sub 30fps

Pretty sure Xbone S has the same hardware, just with HDR and 4K Bluray support.

It's not a meme, the system is confirmed to underclock itself when not connected to a power source. You know, like any modern laptop does?

>HUD difference
What HUD difference? I haven't heard this before.

It's more correct to say that it "un-downclocks" itself.

>I remember your type, you're the same delusional fanboys that claimed MK8 was running at 1080p60, when it was running 720p upscaled to 1080p 60fps.
Actually no, you just proved you don't know shit because unlike me you don't know that MK8 was never 1080p, it was always 720p.

Not that guy, but you just agreed with him.

new3ds is 240p and costs 200$
switch is 720p aka 9 times bigger resulution and costs 300$

>1080p screens in that size are dirt cheap. The cheap ass kindle fire has them.

The screen is cheap but then you need to hardware to render a shitload more pixels and a better battery to feed it. The hardware and battery is ass enough as it is.

The difference is nobody buys a new 3DS.

>Industry professionals whose job it is to determine the output resolution of games and performance

Why is it that every time hardware/performance analysts say something that could be unflattering about Nintendo, the fanboys always dismiss them?

Digital Foundry went out and said that Zelda was running at 30fps with plenty of dips, and that the game was clearly running upscaled to 1080p.
They never said upscaled from what (720 or 900p), since they didn't have time to properly analyze it, but it was clear enough that it was upscaled.

The GPD Win is the same resolution.

I don't see the issue.

720p content still looks better on a 1080p screen.

Actually Nvidia Shield is 1080p 8 inch for 200 bucks

There were Nintendo reps at the venue stating the final release of the game was going to be 1080p.
Then why are their two different builds of the game happening? You can see the HUD differencee in December with their playthrough and when they were showing it on Treehouse.
The HUD difference is not present in the Switch playable demo. While you could say that it's that way because it's just the start of the game, you can see the Treehouse load a save at the beginning of the game before they jump off the Plateau, and the Time of Day and Weather HUD is present.

Digital Foundry's video does not have this HUD element.

Good screens aren't cheap. Also it takes a lot more power to drive a 1080p screen than it does to drive a 720p screen which again adds costs in both hardware and battery.

Particularly from the graphics processor. You need more than 2x the GPU performance to drive a 1080p screen. Hopefully you do understand that 2x the GPU performance isn't something that comes free.

Tablets can have 1080p screens, because they aren't used for playing games. I mean actual games, not some mobile wank with Nintendo 64 tier graphics.

>social
No one who buys a Nintendo these days has a social life

I can understand the price of the Switch
I can somewhat understand the controller prices because of all that HD rumble shit
But who the fuck can defend the price of the goddamn docks and ac adapters? A dock is fucking 90 dollars and an actual adapter is 30? What the fuck?

>It's not powerful enough to run ALL games at that, but it could totally hit 1080p on some games.

The problem is upscaling 720p looks a good deal worse than native 720p

No I didn't. MK8 on WiiU was never upscaled to 1080p.

MK8D is actual 1080p, on the other hand.

The HUD element is pic related.
It is not present in their video.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI

Dudes, what if they make a Nintendo Switch XL in a year?

>There were Nintendo reps at the venue stating the final release of the game was going to be 1080p.
>Believing what the publishers say

Wait until people have gotten their hands on it so they can analyze it. Just because your Nintendo console showed you more love and affection than your parents did doesn't mean you have to constantly defend them.

He said digital foundry dipshit

cursed image

I've heard people say it looks better than the original model Vita, so I'm not sure.

>Actually Nvidia Shield is 1080p 8 inch for 200 bucks
not at launch

>If you tried to play anything more intensive than Tetris on it it would explode though.
Most China phone is actually pretty good, only stupid shills buy overpriced Samsung and apple

Wow, shit. You're right. That's interesting.

I'm only stating what they said. It is still going to be determined on release, I just think it's not wise to rule out 1080p early.

That's a big tablet that will be pointless because the gpu can't run a screen any larger and IPS eats battery something fierce.

that is a literal penis on the left. It has a fucking glans on it.

I played the TP E3 demo at a convention three weeks before the Wii hit Europe.