PS4 launched in 2013

>PS4 launched in 2013

>Four years ago

>Typical lifespan of console is five years. PS5 is due next year.

What are you hoping to see when Sony announces information about their upcoming PS5 at this year's E3?

Lifespan is 10 years.

they just released the PS4Pro they aren't in a rush to make the PS5

PS3 to PS4 was 7 years user.

Also given the fact that the PS4Pro released not too long ago also proves you wrong

Bloodborne 2

>Typical lifespan of console is five years.
Not really.
PS3/Xbox 360 era lasted almost an entire decade (2005/2006 to 2013)

You're retarded if you think Sony is going to release the PS5 anytime soon

3 years ago
it released late 2013, early 2014 in japan

Don't bad stated since they entered the console game that their systems have a 10 year life span. Usually 6-8 years as the primary focus before the next iteration, but they will continue to support and release games for 10 years.

I'm guessing they'll announce a new console next year if the Scorpio and Switch really start to turn things around in order to take the wind out of MS sails.

Such morons

*Sony has stated since...

Underageb& pls go.

There's literally no reason to make a PS5 now.

>Quick let's ditch our console and make a new one despite releasing an upgraded version only months ago

Microshills and PCucks back at it again

I'm expecting the next console to be announced 2020
Just released the pro, so while it's probably being looked at I'd still say it's far away

I have a feeling we won't be seeing a new console until at least 2020.

it launched in november 2013
3 years and 2 months ago, not 4 years

I could see the PS5 2019-2020

I hate how underagers think 7th gen was the norm and not the exception. Granted with the release of the Pro Sony will likely want to keep milking the PS4 for a few more years. I wouldn't expect the PS5 until 2019.

I feel like the PS4 barely got any games.
Seems too early to kill it.

Except it is the NEW norm. Moore's law has slowed down considerably, and the console market reflects that.

PS1 was released 1994
PS2 in 2000
PS3, 2006
PS4, 2013
always six years minimum

>Four years ago
No retard, 3 years and 2 1/2 months, that's nearly a full year away from "4" years

>Typical lifespan of console is five years. PS5 is due next year.
This is not Nintendo m8. PS5 is due in 2019 at EARLIEST but very probably 2020 or 2021.

>What are you hoping to see when Sony announces information about their upcoming PS5 at this year's E3?
No, PS4's are flying off the shelves, and they just released their 1.5 update to extend the generation. Why would they cut PS4's momentum?

>2013 was 8 years ago

And then the economy went to shit.

Depends how long the PS4 will last. Analysts are predicting it's reached peak market saturation with anyone who wants to buy one having bought one and sales will start to slow, especially in the wake of more powerful PC gaming solutions on the way. This years holiday quarter was down YOY compared to 2015 and Sony have refused to release numbers of Pro and PSVR units sold.

If the market contraction is real. Expect a PS5 to be teased in 2018 and revealed for 2019

They have no reason to make a new console

>Microsft is a joke in this generation
>Nintendo just made their worst selling console and now are getting ready to release something with red flags everywhere
>PS4 has an enormous userbase

Maybe if the Scorpio gets popular, but the whole Xbone brand is too damaged at this point
>Pro just came out recently

I didn't even realize it but PS4 and Sony are dominating this gen. Damn

I wonder if there will even be another Xbox. If that's the case then everyone loses because there's no real competition

If they make a new console now, it's going to be only slightly better than the last one, or it's going to be fucking expensive.

By 2019/2020 4k will be standard at least.

>ps3 launched in 2006
>ps4 launched in 2014
>5 years to OP

Come back when you geaduated 6th grade kiddo

>barely upgraded
>no marketing or advertising, already moved on
>almost njobody bought it and everyone still on original model as predicted
>will be be shit by xbox standards by the end of the year

yeah this clearly has an effect on their next system.

>psp go 2009
>ps vita 2011

wow

Consoles need to die out already. They are steadily getting worse (mostly Nintendo) and barely putting out exclusives

The minute MS leave, Sony gets ass raped by Samsung, Tencent, Amazon or all three. I'm not even sure Sony wants MS to leave at this point because the minute they do. It blows the doors open for China and Korea tech companies who will just strangle Sony to death like they have been doing in every other sector or Amazon to just lock them out completely. And even worse, since those are competive companies who are competent. Sony doesn't have the excuse of "MS/Nintendo shot themselves in the foot".

Have you seen Sony's performance in mobiles lately? HTC M10 flops and Samsung suffers major brand damage leaving a golden opportunity to take third and start eating part of Samsung's market share. Instead, Sony releases another derivative, overly expensive Xperia and Huawei, One+ and Alcatel just roll on by yelling "HAHA, FAGGOT" with their chink bricks taking the market segment Sony used to have putting them back fighting for crumbs with HTC.

Did I mention Sony also got rid of their cheap mobile division despite it being one of the most profitable parts? Of course. Because it's fucking Sony.

It launched 15th November 2013. 3 years and two months ago.

Hmm,, in that case for the greater good wouldn't it be best to have more competent competition

dvi technology standards and consumer products rolled out in 1999

supported 2560x1600 and 60hz

consoles still haven't hit that metric, 18 years later

and since then there has been hdmi / display port / lightning and usb3 throughput

> 2018
> ps5 announced
> all games are now streamed from Sony servers
> internet access required
> no more optical drive
> plus subscription required
> 8k hdr at 15 fps
> comes with tablet screen
> $499

Trust me, my dad and I both work for Sony.

*my dad and his life parner

Considering said competition would murder Sony so badly that they would have no choice but to sell the Playstation division and all three of those companies are megajews. Probably not wise.

Sony and MS are the Jews you know and the ones you can keep under your heel. Samsung is basically running Korea along with LG. They can snap their fingers, take a couple billion of pocket change out and get every Blizzard game exclusive to their console. They would crush customer resistance easily. It wouldn't be a fair fight for anyone.

>chinks
>doing anything of quality
kek

PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio are the 'Next Gen' consoles. They are both just incremental improvements, because that's all that's left to do.

Currently making better and cheaper phones than Sony. Huawei P9 is a genuinely great phone and better than the Xperia.

For God's sake, China used to copy Sony and make cheap knock offs. Now they are just straight outclassing Sony.

I expect the next 'gen' to be 2020.

They're the reason for multiplats dum-dum. Without consoles their would be no new gaems aside from blizz, kikestarter, and greenlight. Simply because PC couldn't support a market like that.

You don't believe what you're saying otherwise you'd want it to happen.

Pretty much, it's current gen.5 and everybody knows it.
We're looking at another four years at minimum.

>They're the reason for multiplats dum-dum. Without consoles their would be no new gaems aside from blizz, kikestarter, and greenlight. Simply because PC couldn't support a market like that.
nVidia pays for console ports, which then kill off PC-only competition with their high production values, while they could never redeem their production cost on PC.

>with red flags everywhere

Elaborate.

12 years and still no games other than BB that you could play right now

>What is money used for development

The issue is the Xbone and PS4 are going to chain down the Pro and Scorpio. Another 4 years and devs are going to furious with how much they have to gimp their games, similar to how devs felt at the end of the 360/PS3 cycle. Bigger publishers like EA and Activision can always split engines and essentially make two different versions of the same game, but smaller companies don't have that luxury.

chinkshit is dominating right now

AMD (and sometimes Intel) funds games too you sperg.

I suppos that's right and in another year we'll see a slowdown in games for consoles because of that extra slpit.
But for now we're really stuck in a kind of limbo and we will be till the majority of people move from standard to pro or scorpio or till the generation comes to a close.

Not a problem for the average user. If you count frames or resolution changes you're in the minority, not where most of the money is made.

t. Nintenndo fanboi

One year? Not really.

This generation still has two or three years before it'll start going down.

>paid online
>voice chat will be done via a smartphone app
>with the subscription service, they're offering old as shit NES/SNES ROMs that you can't even keep, it's a 1 month rental pretty much
>playing with a normal controller will be an extra $70
>trying to force wagglan again, making shit more expensive because they need sensors for this garbage no one asked for, making joycons cost $80

Statistically and in current conditions. I don't believe it at all because MS isn't in any position to want to sell and even acquired another gaming middleware company today. If their FY delivers over a billion in revenue like last year, they will have finally broken even on the Xbox huge and the division will be in the black totally (Even though Ballmer wrote down the Xbox huge. One of the very few sunk cost products that worked). One game being cancelled isn't a sign of a struggling division. It reeks of needing a management shape-up. But not "We're leaving the industry"

If through some freak occurrence MS did pull away. Then that scenario will come true and Sony is also completely and utterly fucked because they simply won't have the spending power to take on Samsung or Tencent. And you have to remember that Tencent is currently the most profitable gaming company, full stop. They make more than MS and Sony. Almost combined even.

A real Tencent console instead of their current cloud streaming cheap W10 hybrid? That would be devestating for the current market.

The PS4 launched in the middle of Novemeber 2013, faggot. It's barely over 3 years old. They'll probably make a new one after 6 years, pretty sure PS lasted 6 years before the PS2, PS2 was like 6 before the PS3, etc. I can promise you they'll want to be the new Playstation to be the first console of the 20s

>PS4 will die with less games than the WiiU
Shit, I just bought one last week.

As a nintendo fan, Even though the switch is out now, PS4 has no reason to try 1-uping us, they're perfectly fine where they are, and their astronomical sales show it.

PS4 hits a niche, where Switch hits another Niche. PS5 would require either a massive graphic overhaul, or much higher grade technology, and sony isnt going to try wither of those for a good 5 years.

PS4 isnt where Wii-U was, where it was a commercial failure in the eyes of all audiences. The switch will rectify that and pikc up where the Wii-U left off, but Sony doesn't need to do that.

>implying the ps4 will have as short of a lifespan as the wii u
even the vita outlived the wii u

Nice joke. It'd be funnier if the PS4 didnt have multiplats that sell millio-OH WAIT

PS4 Pro is Sony's 32X. PS5 is coming 2018.

>Sony's 32X

More like Nintendo's New 3DS.

I'm hoping I can finally let go of this shitty hobby after the PS4 is retired. I don't want to support this industry anymore.

>released november 13
>four whole years

>I wonder if there will even be another Xbox. If that's the case then everyone loses because there's no real competition

If the PS3 didn't stop Sony from releasing a PS4 I doubt microsoft is going to leave the market, especially given how their business model works.

I don't get how that'd be funnier or what you're trying to say but the PS4 only has Bloodborne, it'll get Gravity Rush 2 later this week and Nioh is frebruary, but right now it's just Bloodborne.

Only negative I see is paid online.

>4 yrs ago
>still not a lot of games
Wtf is wrong with sony and/or the industry in general?

Just because tencent makes a lot of money off assfaggots and whatever else doesn't mean they want in the console market. If you're so sure they would waltz in and destroy everyone elese, why aren't they making their own console right now? It's free money, right?

>The switch will rectify that and pikc up where the Wii-U left off

lel he actually believes this

They are already testing the waters in China for a console. Remember how Microsoft tested the waters by going in with Sega on the Dreamcast? They are doing their own market research first before going in full tilt.

The PS4 Pro was the PS5, they're gonna eventually phase out the PS4 original (no matter what Sony says) and make a PS4 Pro super pro or whatever and go on until the PS4 architecture is obsolete. Same with the Xbox One and Windows 10

>console with intel CPU
that could be interesting

>Sega left
>MS joins

I don't expect any new companies to break into consoles

Except the fucks at amazon

PS2 was released in 1998 you retard

>98

No, Dreamcast was first in 99, PS2 was the third console to join 6th generation.

Thing is as technology and the economy have reached a certain point, the life traditional life cycle won't be the same.

The PS3/360 generation lasted a lot longer than usual because people weren't willing to upgrade to the next iteration.

Now it seems like Sony and Microsoft are trying to extend the generation by creating upgraded models that offer better performance but are still part of the same generation.

nVidia doesn't _fund_ gaming. They pay AAA publishers for console _ports_. cannibalizing the PC marketplace.
With this practice they forced all PC publishers into moving to consoles.

>What are you hoping to see when Sony announces information about their upcoming PS5 at this year's E3?
I will skip it and stay on PS4, just like I did with PS2.

>five years lifespan
PS1: 12/03/94
PS2: 03/04/00
PS3: 11/11/06
PS4: 11/15/13
>Not exactly

not anymore more like 8 years

The new PS comes in 2021. Trust me, my mom's husband works at Sony

>6 years
>6 years
>7 years

You're right, the gaps are even more.

Without Consoles to anchor PC development, PC gaming advancement would increase by upwards of 5000% by some estimates. With that comes ballooning prices that will crowd-out players who can't afford near-constant upgrades to play the newest titles. This will quickly kill both software & hardware sales, and the medium dies.

Consoles are the reason PC gaming CAN exist.

>ps3 2006 - 2013, 7 years
>ps4 2013 - ongoing (2017), 4 years
we have a few more years of it yet

There is no point in having five years console generations when tech improvement came to screeching halt.
Only Nintendo hasn't gotten the memo yet releasing three 7th gen consoles one after another.

>Consoles are the reason PC gaming CAN exist.
It's funny so many don't get that.

Just like feudal lords need peasants to exist. Console peasants indeed.

The average gap between sony console releases is around 6.27 years.

Wii is the only 7th gen you mook, Wii-U is 8 and Switch is 9. It has nothing to do with graphical enhancement.

it's barely 3 years old.

it's 3 years and 2 months old.

thats stupid
not every game needs to aim for THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER
there are things like artstyle and gameplay that don't need to be so update/-/worth

sorry, meant to put 3 as i simply went off year and not month released