Really, what the fuck went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIdmsFjsvdo
wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Paid online on a handheld.

Nintendo has to be different

They got a little ahead of themselves. The technology is just not there yet. If they included some kind of coprocessor in the dock the games might run better on the TV but that would push the price up 50 dollars and the launch back 6 months.

The new Pokemon game has so much lag and choppiness that it's actually atrocious. I think performance is not really one of their priorities, when it really obviously should be

>>only shitty 32 GB of storage

YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL GAMES YAY

MUH LAUNCH LINEUP

REEEEEE ARRRUUR RREEEEE MOMMMMMM

Yeah what a horrible console
But I don't need yet another thread about it

I had plenty when the info was released last week

$ plus paid online, plus controllers, plus chargers, plus tip

You don't need any of that.

32GB is inexcusable for a console nowadays. Are you really going to eat this shit?

Yes... Yes... I need 500 gigs for when I install Call of Dut 101 gig edition....

You need to waste 80$ fora Pro controller if you don't want to play with the retarded controller, you definitely need to pay for online if you want to play your Smash, Splatun, etc. Yeah, charger is optional but it should've been included anyway.

More storage will made this thing cost even more than already cost

Man, as someone that owns an Xbone, Halo 5 is like 97 gigs right now. Everything else is 45.
I'd rather have cartridges with no install, because nobody else can optimize for shit.

Actually. Zelda BotW confirmed for 3 GBs of installation

Cartridge instead of disk = lessened install sizes

Fucking this, I also had an Xbone and the MCC was like 70 GB, games that get regular updates just keep growing without any fucking measure. I mean out of the "500 GB" you can only use like 400, and then one game is already 100, you can have like 5 games in your console at the time.

Cartridges > 1 TB of games that require installing.

I read that was only on the Wii U.

Most of the space is used to uncompressed audio because the PS4/XB1 don't have a sound processor

Only on Wii U has that been confirmed, it sounded in that press release like the Switch version wouldn't need the install size.

It's possible that the cartridge based system doesn't need the install because all of the data's already written to solid data, so it'll go faster. That was the excuse I used to hear for why disk-based games had long loading times, anyways.

confirmed by whom?

>>you only get a ROM each month, you have to buy it if you want to keep it
wow you're pretty stupid

the power is not bad for a handheld
(unfortunatly, it's supposed to be a homeconsole)

>3 GBs of installation
On the Wii U

Confirmed where?

>who the fuck cares
>who the fuck buys a console at launch
>it uses cartridges, you literally will never need more than 32 gb, but if you want them to pack in 2TB so you can pay $500 and bitch about that instead be my guest
>just like every other console
>Agreed, that's fucking stupid
>You don't need any of that but okay
>Agreed, fucking stupid
>Skyrim is a shit game to begin with
>eh

The N64 was a shitty console all things considered. Definitely didn't hold a candle to the PS1 in quality or quantity of good games.

>Really, what the fuck went so wrong?

You made a shitposting thread with false information. Reminder to sage and report shit. Maybe Sup Forums can be great again.

Ok, imbecile, elaborate.

Now THIS is bait

Honestly I much prefer Nintendo's free game system.
For Sony and MS it feels like you are missing out if you are not subbed or if you join late. With Nintendo you get the same thing as everyone else, instead of having missed out on dozens of games.

Ah. My b

How is it false?

what I know, at least MS and Sony let's you keep them...

>Autistic Screeching

That's the thing. If I buy the system a year later, everyone else got a dozen free games and I got nothing. It's more fair if everyone gets temporary games, then no one is left behind.

He's right tho

PS1 crushed the shitty N64, it had tons of variety and amazing exclusives.

But anyway, this isn't the point of this thread.

I don't know if this is bait or you are just plain stupid.

But no OoT.

Shitty overrated game

I preferred Final Fantasy 7

>He's right tho
>PS1 crushed the shitty N64, it had tons of variety and amazing exclusives.
>But anyway, this isn't the point of this thread.
The N64 was more powerful than a PS1 after all. The problem was, the N64 still used Cartridges, which were more expensive than CDs, and had less storage space.

That's not nice. With Sony and MS system the rich just gets richer, it's like the whole thing was created by Trump.
If you have the money to buy the system on launch you get a ton of free games during the years, and if I can only afford to buy it years later I get nothing. How is this fair?

>FF7
Now that's baiting.

who gives a shit about power? PS1 still crushd the N64 just like PS4 crushed the Shit U

Oh so you are just baiting and trying to derail the thread huh?

>who gives a shit about power? PS1 still crushd the N64 just like PS4 crushed the Shit U
appearently, Sonyggers...

funny, cause you are the one bringing power.

and he (or you) said that "who gives a shit about power actually"
(me neither to be honest, I only wanted to say the facts, and yes I am a Nintendrone, and happy, but I still have a PS3 too.)

You do realize you can save your games on the cartage right? and yes they can create a separate partition on the cart for update data as well.

so is this thing gonna have a monster game or a mainline pokemon game cuz otherwise i dont rreally have a reason to purchase it.

maybe, who knows
I can only say, wait and see...

Aren't you glad that we got this instead of a new Metroid or Wario or Advance Wars or Golden Sun?

Of course, i can't wait to waste 360$ on this awesome game

youtube.com/watch?v=cIdmsFjsvdo

>>skyrim and fifa are based on the PS3/360 versions
Wasn't that proven to be Tom Phillips trying to start shit and he got BTFO

A co-processor in the dock would be a horrible idea, because the docked mode would then SUBSTANTIALLY outperform handheld mode, to the point that: A) Games that function in docked mode flat out don't work in handheld mode, or B) Games that are made to function well in handheld mode don't utilize the extra capabilities of docked mode.

this is more cringe than kinect

Apparently it's "custom built" for Switch but it looks like they are building it based on PS3/360 specs

>no games at launch

i'll start off by saying i'm idort with a wiiu, ps4, and pc. isn't the switch's game offering at launch pretty standard? ps4/3 didn't have anything good to play until like a year after launch, at least the switch has Zelda and the arm game.

there's really no reason to buy any console at launch, whether its nintendo, sony, or microsoft, because there are never many good games to start off with.

>$300

how is this a bad price, its cheaper than any other current gen console at launch.

more importantly, this means the switch will be like $200 in two years once its actually got some games worth playing (hopefully)

>>how is this a bad price, its cheaper than any other current gen console at launch.
>>

You can buy a PS4 slim or Xbone S for less than 250$

>docked mode would then SUBSTANTIALLY outperform handheld mode
But it already does, handheld mode caps the gpu speed to 50%

you get to download a SNES/NES game for free that month then it goes back on sale. You keep the game

The most important thing should be the games. If those are good, then I think it's worth the other problems.

Of course, I can't think of a single good game they're coming out with. please, someone sell me on what they're trying to peddle, because I can't find the quality anywhere. For example:

>I cannot support Splatoon 2 because it's a console shooter and, being a PC owner, I'm against it on principle alone. Also, lol at paying for online matches
>the New Super mario looks boring and any platforming we saw was amateur hour, and I'd honestly seen better design work from SM64 romhacks
>I hate any game with an emphasis on story, which is why SMT, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, and all those others don't appeal to me
>I hate racing games, so Mario kart is out

I'm left with a 300 dollar paperweight that requires a minimum 50 dollars a month for online services that make PSN look like XBL.

>You keep the game

Nope, Reggie confirmed you won't.

You keep the game, Reggie just got the bad translator guy who was fired last week.

source

Autistic fucks like Chris Chan can easily afford it, what the fuck poorfag are you OP? Are you BR?

>Nintendo’s online service for Switch will charge a monthly fee and one of the incentives is one free classic game “per month.” Does that mean you lose access to that game after a month?

Correct. It means that essentially you’ve got access to that game for a period of time, and then after the month there’s a new selection. You’ll have the opportunity to buy it, but [after] that month we’ve moved on to another game.

wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/

This user covered it pretty well while remaining skeptical about the prices.

Splatoon isn't really a shooter as much as a third person arena shota goo simulator.

The rest is all on you.

Sauce me on that user. Don't be that guy.

>Zelda runs like every other modern console game
wow
>no games at launch
except Zelda and the other games
>only 32 gb
everything is saved on the chip and you can add up to 2 TB of data in SD and they don't even make chips like that yet
>paid online
like everything but pc
>you only get a ROM each month and cant keep it
you could also not buy the service you idiot
>underpowered
so? has more launch games that PS4 or Xbone already
>the price
comes with controllers and chargers so you're just memeing there plus it's still cheaper than xbon or ps4 and you said it was underpowered so that's a perfectly fine pay off
>you need a mobile app for voice chat
makes sense, so you can play online on the go without using extra data
>skyrim and fifa are based on ps3/xbox360 version
proofs?
>ice cubes
there's far worse marketing in the industry.

have actual complaints next time you neofag

>That obvious bias screencap post

So, he's happy about gettin shitty Wii U ports, a shitty ass old Street Fighter game for 40$

Fucking lmao.

>BOTW looks fantastic

and I stopped reading there. I hate games that have too much money put into graphics. if something "looks good" it doesn't play good.

Nice blog post.

>if something "looks good" it doesn't play good.
>what is dark souls, witcher 3, skyrim and so on

>what is dark souls, witcher 3, skyrim and so on
Garbage? I mean seriously, I know I'm not the only one that considers these games to be overpriced meme games that sold because of their marketing campaigns.

I'm sure he means you lose the access to getting the game for free. After that you get "a new selection"of games. they're not going to bar you from playing the game you downloaded

You know looks has a non literal meaning, but you're clearly just pretending to be retarded because you have nothing better to do right now.

>they're not going to bar you from playing the game you downloaded
That's exactly what sony does though. And after hearing that Nintendo supports paid online, you know this is just as plausible.

Because heaven forbid I trust the opinion of a marketer who says the game is the greatest thing ever to be created, when it hasn't even been released yet?

It looks fantastic and better than the last 3 zeldas have, it's okay if you don't like fun, just be upfront about it.

I have yet to be revoked from playing a free game I got on my PS3

>30fps
That's 50% more than OoT. Confirmed for masterpiece.

thread 37281432621 can we fucking stop? The console is amazing as a handheld, cruddy as a home compared to others. That's it, the end. End of argument. Bye.

Nobody is going to pay online for the Switch, there are no worth multiplayer games.

Honestly can Nintendo ever recover?

>free
>paid a subscription for it
As expected from a sonygger.

>only Nintendo games are fun

Sure not biased here, nope.

It's not a console it's a tablet

You have to pay the paywell just to get to the eshop?

I like indie garbage on pc and playstation games from 10 years ago as well, so nope not biased at all.

Doa. Time to move to a better console toddlers
You can get a ps4 and a game for 299

Now hold on one second, N64 definitely had the games to compete. It just fell flat technically compared to the PS1.

>I like indie garbage on pc
You wouldn't call it garbage if you liked it.

>so? has more launch games that PS4 or Xbone already
The switch is competing against 2017 PS4, not launch 2013 ps4

nope, you don't, this user only photoshopped it

I just did and I still like it, what now?

That makes it hard to trust you then, since you say you like games but then you say they're garbage.

this is the real one
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

>Get 500GB Bone
>Can't even store all of its exclusives

It sounds a lot better than it is 2bh. I hope Halo Wars 2 isn't 100GB like Halo 5, bet Forza Horizon 3 is going to become a beast as well...

>takes everything literally
>can't into irony
>trust issues
>negatively interprets everything, twisting it to mean what he wants it to
You have autism. I'm so sorry no one told you sooner, there's so much they could have done.

If you bought an N64, you had a lot of shit to play, it was a great console. The PS1 being better doesn't take away from that fact.

>takes everything literally

If you weren't shitposting under the guise of "pretending to be retarded" then this wouldn't have happened. You don't say you like something, then call it shit. I can't comprehend what meta-irony you have to be on to think that's either funny or sensible.

It's possible to be aware that something like 3 hour indie games are shit but still like them. There's nothing mutually exclusive about it. Unclench your asshole.