Will we ever have a new Final Fantasy Tactics?

Will we ever have a new Final Fantasy Tactics?

never ever

no, all square rpgs will play like KH from now on. turn-based strategy is dead at square.

Here just let me ask square enix

I'm disgusted you used the Tactics Advance logo for this thread.

It's not fair. FFT games are really cheap to make.

But its the best one

Get the fuck out of here and go back to GameFAQs or something you godforsaken infidel.

They could've continued to make them on handhelds like Vita, DS, 3DS, but instead focused their spin off energy on pointless shit.

Could've been Square's tactical RPG series.

Yes. Only it's a lot better and much more difficult now.

Why doesn't Square just hire Matsuno for a low budget RPG like they do with Taro? Like what the fuck is the deal?

They need as many people working on FFXIV and FFXV additional content as possible.

Which leaves 2 people to work on Ultros the Travelling Octopus.

tell me more

But we just had a new Final Fantasy Tactics :^)

Delet this

It wasn't "Tactics" at all and it didn't play like it + it was garbage mobage.

Genre is really dead these days. Even RTS is barely alive. So I don't know if Square will gamble on a dead genre.

there is one on the DS...

was this genre ever really alive? seems like it's always been kind of a niche thing. anyone got any recommendations? are there any good shining force games besides the first two?

and what is the best fire emblem game? i played a couple battles in awakening but it didn't look very strategic or interesting.

>X-COM, Divinity: OS, Banner Saga 1 & 2, Disgaea, (the vacant shell currently using the name of) Fire Emblem, etc

far from dead, mate, especially with how popular X-COM 2 was. they could easily make another FFT at not too much cost (compared to their other projects) and make a profit

I put a couple hundred hours into Advance, but I could not get into this for some reason.

Emblem of FEDA is worth looking into if you like your shining force/fire emblems.

this sounds pretty cool, thanks

No probs. And don't neglect your Front Missions either.
Vandal Hearts you can take or leave. 1st one still has a soft spot in my heart though.

ivalice alliance is fucking dead

also no publisher will want to bother with turn based rpgs

xcom 2 is a exception

It starts slow, but take a lot of actual time to do all the possible quests and unlock everything.

There's always Tactics Ogre. There's so much shit to do in the PSP version that it's ridiculous.

not but maybe if we're lucky we'll get a Tactics Default

What about Bravely Default and its sequel? Those are technically turnbased strategy.

Ivalice alliance moved to ffxiv, at least a good group of them. In fact, the next expansion will have Ivalice itself as a raid zone.

And WoFF and Setsuna.

i got sick of that game after i tried to steal this whip from this one bitch and spent forever savescumming with the wheel of time, but she just would not fucking drop it so i lost interest.

It will show up as a minigame in ffxiv next expansion. Just like tactics and tactics ogre's deep dungeon appeared in the current one.

I just wish we saw more of Ivalice in general. Feels like XIV was our last shot and that ended up doing it's own thing entirely.

Yes.

I literally do not remember if I've played this or not

Final Fantasy Tactics is better than Final Fantasy, but no, I doubt we'll ever get another.

Because the story was crap.

there was a story?

Why do people like the watered down bullshit that was FFTA? Seriously? Final Fantasy Tactics is the only game in the series in my eyes.

most people aren't autistic elitists and can enjoy games that aren't masterpieces without some form of "supreme golden taste" pulling them back

What did Delita mean when he said "Ramza, what did you get?"

Try mercenary saga 2 on the 3ds. It's a fft light. There story and character are barebone, and its easier and simpler, but still fun. Mercenary saga 3 released a few days ago, but I haven't tried it, I guess it's more of the same
TO luct is also mandatory

>recently picked up my old save in WotL just so I can continue making super units
It's a special kind of feel

>logged 400 hours in Tactics Advance
>haven't played Tactics yet even though I've got the ISO on my hard drive

I should really get to it.

TA is better in some ways that the original.

He's seen that Ramza pretty much lived his life following his own principles to the end, and he was wondering where that got him (well: blown up and branded a heretic in the history books, but he doesn't know it at this point).

He on the other hand schemed and backstabbed his way to becoming king but you can see he's gotten no satisfaction out of it and ends up having to kill the one person he was using all along under the shallow pretext of saving her.