>2017
>still no achievements/trophy system

Nintendo is trash.

2017 is trash
achievements/trophy systems are trash
nintendo is trash

Achievements and trophies are the best thing to happen to gaming

Never understood why people give a shit about aceivments but i guess its another reason why their paid online is gonna be pointless.

No cheevos?

Preorder cancelled

muh gratification

Achievements/Trophies are just the SOMETHING EXTRA for doing stupid shit. Also bragging rights, especially ones who buy cheap easy games just to earn a 1000 or Plat.

psychologically, they act as skinner boxes and are naturally addicting (to most). this is why there is usually a trophy to start off a title, press start or something. it makes it that much more difficult to put down the title because you've already been rewarded.

economically, it's a value added benefit that incurs fractional costs. it keeps people partaking in a product for longer than they might have otherwise.

socially, it allows for competition and comparison. by making it a background device, those who care can make use of it, those who don't can ignore.

>achievements/trophy system

Pure cancer.

There is nothing wrong with achievements.

>caring about online achievements

LOL

who else but
>"hurr durr I herf mur troophies, I'm borter thon u"
people gives a shit?
if the only thing that keeps you playing is an autismo - verification then your game is shit and so are you.

[citation needed]

Or they're just fun to collect.

that's the autism speaking

good

fuck achievements. all they do is help ruin games

There's nothing right with them either

I never cared about achievements
I see them more as a hassle and an annoyance than anything
Since I'm one of those guys that yries to 100% every game he plays, achievements just trigger my autism since most are absolutely tedious to get

Explain how Trophy's are objectively anything worthwhile without sounding like a complete autist.

If you can't do that, fuck off. Achievement fags are worthless.

so?

>needing extrinsic rewards to complete a game
Playing the game is all the reward I need, it is intrinsic and has real value

Only Sonyggers and Xbots give a shit about fake rewards

>>still no achievements/trophy system
People who cares about that shit should be lined up and shot.

Because they're fun time wasters. Let go of that stress a little, christ.

Nintendo has the best one of those imo and thats the activity thing that tells you total time, times played, and average time played. Its the simplest shit but graphs like that are real interesting and have a bigger impact of what i play than achievements.

The fucks a cheevo? Some sort of mexican snack?

Back to your side of the boarder pedro.

Hello, old friend.

/thread

>likes to spin objects

FUCK. YOU.

>achievements/trophy system
are you retarded? fuck that shit

>displays indifference
So not giving a shit about others means someone is autistic?
Fuck, then I guess I'm autistic

Lol I bet you haven't even earned a single platinum this year, you scrub casual.

>people get mad that a feature exist "wahh wahh, it shouldn't be there"
why?

especially when the platform let you turn off the notification

>honesty giving a shit about an achievement system

*starting the game for the first time*
*chapter one complete*
*healing for the first time*
*kill first enemy*

It definitely incentives me to never buy a multi platform game on the switch, but other than that it's not a big deal.

who the fuck cares about some shitty ass virtual trophy

bahahahhaha achievement/trophy haters are honestly some of the dumbest people on the planet

there is no good reason to be against it lmao

don't like em, turn off the notifications. done. the people that like em get em, you "MUH VIDYA MUST BE PUUUUUURE" people get to ignore them.

it's like that one joke tweet like "how is cyber bullying even real lol like nigga just close your eyes haha just shut the laptop bahahha"

i don't mind them unless they have in-game notifications, nothing like watching a dramatic cutscene to have it end in a cheevo pop-up "u did it: 20 points"

I like when they pop up at emotional moments, like FF7

Your dad seemed to be pretty impressed when I told him after he finished fucking my ass.

Achivements are nothing more than a virtual pat on the back, if that.

>kill 10 enemies
>jump 20 times

Yay?

Back in MY day, achivements were called unshockables, and actually felt rewarding to complete because you'd be rewarded with a secret weapon or character or stage.

If achievments were tied to unlockables they'll be fine, but currently they are just a set of meme words to make the player feel accomplished over nothing.

I'm definitely going to share this on Facebook!

Upvote btw

>unshockables
I get this reference!!!

get the fuck out you underage faggot, if anything this is the one thing nintendo did RIGHT for the switch.

you don't need a thumbs up for doing simple shit like doing a double jump or killing 100 bad guys

I know you want to throw trash at nintendo
but you literally choose the shitiest bait

>literally a thread about muh cheevos
holy fuck

There are shitton of things you can complain about.

And yet, you've chosen something that isn't even bad.

>all they do is help ruin games
How? It's not even like developers design games around the achievement system. They're largely implemented for statistical reasons, so developers can tell the amount of people who actually finished the game, who actually bothered with a certain mode or difficulty, etc.

I completely understand not caring about achievements, but I can't imagine a single reason why someone would outright hate them. That is, unless you have the emotional maturity level of a teenager.

>The best thing about VIDEO GAME isn't beating the game, it's showing everyone online that I did

I don't really care about achievements or trophies but I don't get the problem some of you people have with them

It's just a smart little way if adding more content to a game without actually adding any at all

>Achievements and trophies are the best thing to happen to gaming
cause, your X Million gamerscore and infinite Platinum Trophies, are a good way to compensate your small penis?

>It's just a smart little way if adding more content to a game without actually adding any at all
mm... really makes you think

It really doesn't, it's actually very simple

honestly couldn't stand playing wii u games anymore because the lack of trophies and achievements. Even tho am not a trophy hunter, the sense of earning a trophy gives me a good feeling of accomplishment and also makes me feel like i've not wasted my time doing nothing. Sadly the only game I ever gotten a platinum was sly 1.

>Older than 18

>Caring about Achievements

Pick one faggot

Why not just use a notebook , write some shitty challenges and show it to your friends?

Literally the same shit

MANY MANY WII U GAMES WERE ENCOURAGED TO FEATURE IN-GAME ACHIEVEMENT LISTS AND TRACKING.

An achievements/trophies system is the second best reason to buy remasters of games.

Best being improved controls schemes.

What the fuck does autism means exactly nowadays?

There's a reason monhun left sony

>collect collectables in a game for no reward / negligible reward
>perfectly fine
>collect collectables in a game for an achievement
>autism

They're probably going to integrate Missions from MyNintendo.

>An achievements/trophies system is the second best reason to buy remasters of games.

achievement shit aside, nintendo really does need to get with the times when it comes to their online service. shit that's been a staple on XBL/PSN for YEARS still isn't anywhere to be seen on a nintendo console. This is now really a problem since nintendo expects you to pay for their online now

Cheevos are great for exposing people who don't play their video games.

To be fair, nintendo is so garbage as a company, their standard shit would be like "Play Mario party for 1000 hours on each map" or other garbage shit that doesn't so much chronicle what you do as it just demands exorbitant amount of beating your head against a wall.

It's a way of offering actual proof that you did the thing. It puts an end to playground bullshit shenanigans.

>I found the secret guy in level ten that you can only get if you smash the third tree from the left
>Nuh uh
>Yeah huh look at my profile

I have friends who try to constantly tell me I'm a faggot who sucks at games, and I can just be like "fuck you nigger, I have a platinum on Bayonetta and you don't"

Achievements/Trophies did nothing wrong, and I don't care one way or the other about them.

Having that last bottlecap in Wonderful 101 is one of my favorite achievements, to be honest.

I guess. I personally never felt i was missing anything from not opening the achievement list. They woupd have to unlock stuff for me to want to do them.

hahaha literally

They're like collectible cards or pins. You don't have to understand it. Why do people feel a need to respond with "I never understood" like what? If you don't understand then you don't understand, why do you feel the need to announce this to the world every time the subject is brought up? Some people like to collect stamps, some don't, its not the end of the world if you do and its not the end of the world if you don't, sometimes its fine to just move on, and honestly if you don't understand the concept of collecting things, nobody can explain it to you.

I use trophies to manage my backlog, once I get the plat I can pass to the next game with no regrets. Also they motivate me to play games instead of shitposting too much time here.

When will hero add achievements to Sup Forums? something like
>get 1,000 (you)'s in a single thread
>post daily for 10 years
>get banned with ip's from 10 countries

This.

My friend was always saying, "You need to play this game, it's so good I put 100 hours in it!" Check their list and it sits at 1%, and most of the trophies are story-related.

It's the ultimate bullshit test, and it's great that Sony has the % of players who earned the trophy on there. That shit is really telling. Ya'll niggas ain't even playing your games.

>friend says he is a big "Souls" fan and keep watching parody videos on YouTube
>Doesn't have any trophy from DeS, DS, DS3 or BB
>Only have 2 trophies from DS2

>"Yeah, the Souls games are overrated trash"
>check list
>no Soulsborne trophies
>Lords of the Fallen at 9%

Awwww fuck I'm autistic

>Lack of creative pretend play
Why is Minecraft so popular then?

The worst thing to happen to gaming.

Go play Minecraft.

But he's right you dummy, it's just a little thing they've added to manipulate people to encourage them to play more. It's just a new form of the high score system from arcades.

I liked achievements when the 360 launched. Even joined Gamefly to rent through easy 1000 pointers for the e-penis pump. But then 2009 happened and I stopped giving a shit.

keking my keks off over here

Only type of achievements that I like are ones that give you something in return.

Sakurai's achievements gave unlocks the more you complete and Wii Sports Resort gave you alternate costumes if you got all 5 (relatively simple) stamps 1 per game was a perfect run

Is this a jojo reference?

Exactly. It's proof that you can use to back up your claims. I don't see why people get in such a pissy mood about it.

This too. I use it to know when I'm done with a game and don't need to go back. Hell, I've even used it before as a "I should pop this old shit back in and finish it" kind of thing.

eh all achievements are for is market data so they can find out how much content they can cut for the sequel

they can suck a dick, i want a secret weapon type unlocks not an icon lit up on the profile no one cares about.

>tfw you buy easy telltale games on xbox 360 and xbox one to get double achievement points

this

It's not like Nintendo games don't have achievements in other forms already. Having a unified achievement system is only good to judge how much your friends have played a game

>tfw you played that Hanna Montanna PS3 game for an easy plat

I'm okay with the Switch having messages on phone, but voice chat being phone only is fucking dumb

that's actually bad, I remember some devs using those statistics to say that it was better to keep their game short or something like that because 90% of players didn't even finish it according to trophies

I never look up others achievements. I only care about my own. Why do some people care too much?

I'm not even going to do Uncharted Drake's Fortune on Brutal difficulty for one bronze trophy.

achievements are dumb and pointless desu

or more specifically, I recall it was something about the single player campaign in a mostly MP game

Honestly I like trophies and achievements a lot (more than I should) but the "best thing in gaming" is far too hyperbolic and makes you sound like a gay millenial

That's your opinion senpai, preordered mine day 1.

I miss when we just made fun of "show them online" kid.

>Dude I went onto your gamer profile and was totally impressed by your trophy/achievement collection!

t. no one ever

achievements are nothing more than self-masturbatory check lists that make you feel like you're doing more than you actually are

so you paid online for achievements/trophy

really make you think , console cuck are retarded