Good. You opened this message

Good. You opened this message.
This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought.
But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win.
The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter.
It ends with your death.

-KL

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1XBpMF3ONlI308D9IGG8KICBHfWKU0sXh0ntukv-_cmo/preview?pli=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what was the point of adding this character?

Somehow it sounds worse as the years go by

>"Master Assassin"
>Missed his shot because of a terminally ill frog man
Go home, fag

I sincerely hope Bioware was trying to make Kai Leng sound like a dopey edgelord on purpose.

This is a very small window in the late '90s that this writing could have been considered badass instead of hilarious.

>it's a fight you can't win despite overpowering him easily because story mechanics

Worst shit in games.

There should have at least been a not-obvious method of killing him at the beginning, like how you could spare both the geth and the quarians. They wouldn't even need to replace him, just have him resurrected by the reapers.

He was in two of the books and they felt the need to add some book characters to ME3 for maximum fanwank I guess

>shepard drops reapers left and right
>loses to an attack chopper

Welp

I will never get over the fact that an author actually deemed this shit acceptable.

Kai Leng should have been Jacob.

>He eats fucking cereal

It never gets old.

That would have been an interesting twist. Like, Jacob was a front the whole time and Kai Leng was by your side through all of 2.

You're supposed to hate him
judging by this thread, looks like Bioware succeeded

>Kai Leng could have been an eager soldier believing he was doing the best for humanity, slowly warped by the reaper tech and Cerberus into believing it was THE ONLY HWHEY
>is just a fucking edgelord instead

>But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me.

Literally who? I never even bothered to learn his name is the game originally. What was his purpose other than to try and be an edgelord weeb?

There are a couple degees of separation between hating him and hating the writers who made him

There's not even 20 posts, at least read part of the thread.

I'm sorry. Did i spit on your sacred cow?

But what about THE PRIIIIIIZE

Literacy?

Except no one hates his character because he has none. He shows up and then you lose because poor writing declares him the winner despite how thoroughly you pushed his shit in.

Sure. Give me something worth reading. Edgelord eats cereal in sense of alpha domination isn't cutting it.

>Give me something worth reading
Answers to your question, then. Just scroll up. Take as much time looking as you did replying these three times. You're as lazy as Bioware's writing team.

Looks like somebody's mad. It's okay to like a shitty one-dimensional character. You don't have to take out your fat-aggression on us.

Even lazier than Bioware's writing team.

(You)

Those were better days.

>located some cereal

jesus christ

That'd have been a pretty elaborate disguise.

There's already cloaking technology, no reason there can't be appearance-changing tech too. It's such a small reach that people would have been on board, even if they called it stupid. It wouldn't have been stupid enough to be a big deal.

Jesus that's bad

EVERYBODY GET IN HERE. It's time to talk about ME3's only good part, the multiplayer.

What are your builds? What's the best way to farm credits? Is there any hope of getting stuff when you're so low level while gold and platinum difficulties are so hard but the only ones worth playing?

I don't remember my build, but I played N7 Destroyer at least 80% of the time. For a while, I had glitched into having way more skill points than you should normally have, so I just bought every skill. Other times, Geth Juggernaut or Krogan Vanguard.

The low tier missions are fine to run until you get higher level equipment and classes, you'll just need to do more of them.

Someone post the edit where it looks like a little kid made the note.

perfect, thanks user

I wish the ME series was handled better.

Bethesda?

At that point he could face 2 reapers, one was taken out by the mother of all thresher maws, the other was taken out by a whole fleet of ships firing on a single point. Having survived this, it's pretty amazing, however it doesn't make him immune to being surprised by a helicopter.

>Shepard
>destroying Reapers

Reaper Destroyers are tiny little baby Reapers they made specifically so you could feel badass without having to design a bossfight around a 2km tall mechanical god

CAINS
AND
FLEETS

To be fair, it was established on Thessia that he was indoctrinated.

You can use cheat engine now on PC and you won't get banned, it's not moderated at all.

I was told Kai Leng was better in the books. Glad that lie has been disproven.

But people lose effectiveness when they're indoctrinated. That's why Saren still held on to enough of himself to blow his own brains out. Had he been completely indoctrinated he wouldn't have been useful for anything but scrubbing the floors. He can't JUST have been indoctrinated. He still needs motivation beyond that.

Any hope for a PS3 player?

>banshees teleport behind you while you're focusing on the brute and instakill you

Batarians are the best.
Volus vanguard with a Batarian gauntlet is also pretty good.

We don't know the exact levels, we know that Cerebus was experimenting with indoctrination and we don't actually know that they lose effectiveness when full indoctrinated.

It was most likely a lie that Saren believed. I don't see how controlling someone makes them less effective, but even so Kai Leng was indoctrinated at some level.

He was better in the book Karpyshyn wrote.

No one was good in Deception. The whole book was so bad Bioware said they'd reprint it with all the errors fixed.
docs.google.com/document/d/1XBpMF3ONlI308D9IGG8KICBHfWKU0sXh0ntukv-_cmo/preview?pli=1

The problem is that we hate him by the poor writing, there are villains you love to hate because they are such well written scumbags, there are villains you pity or even sympathize with, ninja boy is neither, he just shows up, and your character loses despite never using any of his powers.

I get creating multiple cutscenes is money intensive, but a biotic or engineer fighting like your average soldier makes no sense, I am a biotic, I should be able to use my powers to win, instead shepard asspull a shitty gun that was not even in my inventory and go on to take pot shots at the guy.

this game has very good grafix, best game ever

Only time in the whole game where I used a Renegade QT. Shittiest fucking character in the whole game.

The more you control someone the less free will they have and the less able they are to blend in and adapt to changes. That wasn't just Saren's story. We were given several examples of it in the first game. Including the fact that when the reapers leave they don't even bother killing their indoctrinated servants because they just sit around and starve to death without orders from their masters. It's not like Saren needed to be lied to if indoctrination worked. If he could be fully indoctrinated and still function effectively they would have just indoctrinated the shit out of him and turned him loose. Saren worked because he was a complex character that was lured down the most dangerous path because he thought he could save everyone and found himself an agent of the galaxy's destruction. Kai Leng just wants to fuck shit up because edge and when someone points out that that's retarded they tried to waive it away with "lol indoctrinated.".

There are different levels of indoctrination. The illusive man was super indoctrinated, yet he was completely able to run a business, the star child even said that the illusive man was completely under their control

Towards the end of the first game Saren was "upgraded" received more stuff, yet was clearly capable.

I'm pretty sure it's just a convenient lie because it takes awhile for indoctrination to take effect.

Indoctrination is meant to be a subtle process. Saren and TIM both do what they do because the indoctrination has wormed its way into their mind and convinced them that they're doing the right thing.

They're very clearly talking about the fact that if a Reaper exerted direct control and tried to force someone into doing something against their will, it would destroy their mind.

So that's where the nickname Cereal killer came from.

Geth soldier with the N7 hurricane and acolyte.

You literally don't need anything else.

Everything Cerberus and Kai Leng was Mac Walters' doing. He's an absolute hack.

Now he's Creative Director. Which means more Cerberus shoe-horned in. And if not them, it'll be a shadowy secret organization named Not-Cerberus.

>Bioware doesn't learn from its mistakes and only encourages them.

One of these days, people are going to stop falling for their bullshit. And then they'll either have to wake up and smell the roses or continue smelling their own farts and reinforcing their idiocy.

I think you're losing what the discussion was a bit, the discussion is about how Kai Leng acted the way that he did because he was indoctrinated in 3. I don't know much about the books or when his indoctrination began, but he was at least indoctrinated on thessia.

Fastest way to gain credits? Best order to buy crates in to make things go smoothly?

>Cerberus in ME1 and 2
>Small organization that was mostly underground and did a lot of infiltration
>Cerberus in ME3
>Massive organization with bases everywhere, multiple trained squads of soldier including cloaking ninjas and mechs

Gold games, buy silver crates till you max all the crap out then go nuts on the gold ones.

Depends on how good you are. Higher difficulties give higher credits per game but you'll end up earning less if you fail to complete it or do so very slowly. Remember to do the objective stages as quickly as possible because that's what gives you your credits. Gold and platinum have good payouts but you'll probably want 3 friends who are also good at the game if you want to do it most efficiently and consistently. Soloing tends to take too long in my experience and you can't always rely on pub teammates to not be retarded.

Recruit crates until you've maxed out all the common (blue border) guns (rank X) and characters (all cosmetic upgrades)-> veteran crates until you've maxed out all the uncommon (silver border) guns and characters -> premium spectre, reserve or arsenal (depending on what you want most or are missing) ultra rare guns will drop at about the same rate for both arsenal and premium spectre packs while ultra rare character drop at about the same rate for reserve and premium spectre packs.

The only time I remember this character is when I remember how forgetable he is.

You're plain retarded, they were incredibly well funded, and nobody called them small.

Not to mention they spent most of 1, and probably all of 2 developing shock troops that they could quickly train and use in replacement of actual troops.

In fact they said several times there were numerous other cells.

Thanks user.

>nobody called them small
EDI tells you there's barely 150 actual members of Cerberus

Edi doesn't have access to a majority of Cerberus information actually. That said even so she wouldn't necessarily have access to every part of Cerberus information especially since by design they operate in a fashion that no cell has any information on the others.

God I hated him. Such a waste. And damn Thane should have killed him. Like make the choices matter from the past games Bioware. If thane is dead, Kai leng is a pain in your ass. If thane is alive and you did the loyalty mission, he bitch slaps kai's head off.

Fuck man I don't know. I just hated this shit lord. Not because he was the bad guy, but because he encompasses everything lazy about Bioware. Fuck

Oh this is an ME thread? I thought that was Nightwing.

Post robutts.

If I pirate this will I be able to play online with others and use a trainer to avoid the grind?

Skull fucking those bitches with the Geth Juggy was pure therapy.

>all those instakill moves that don't work anymore
>you can see the exact second banshees realise they fucked up everytime

>Oh that's this? You're scratching my paint with your butter knife? LET MUST DRAIN YOUR SOUL AND FEED MYSELF

Holy shit the first day the juggy came out.

The books written by Drew have Kai as an interesting villain, Bioware for some reason decided the absolute shit-fest of the last book written by a different author who kept getting everything wrong about the universe was a better version of Kai Leng to import into the game