Why are Japanese games so low budgeted compared to their western competitors?

Why are Japanese games so low budgeted compared to their western competitors?

The Japanese understand that you don't need to have a 50m budget game with maximum photorealistic cinematic graphics to make a game good

More like they lack the money and manpower for it.

because west spends 22 trillion on advertising

How so? Japan owns Sony and Nintendo, and yet so far the most photorealistic game they can make is MGSV and RE7. Why is it that small european devs in Europe can achieve something like Crysis, Battlefield and the Witcher but Japan, owning a huge chunk of house hold vidya IPs do not?

Imagine if their next games all had the graphic detail of RE7.

Because Japanese games are trash and for weebs/beta cucks

because this isn't fucking hollywood for God's sake, stop copying their style of spending a ludicrous amount of money in the off chance this game makes far more than its budget

Because Japanese games have a much smaller target audience, mainly young males in the west who think playing as a scantily clad pubescent girl is empowering for men.

because they don't bother to have actual animation or production values they just stick static images of generic anime girls and some sorandumb gibberish and call it a day.

Maybe they don't like realistic graphics because they age like dog shit and are not artistically interesting.

This. People need to wake up and understand that playing these games make them pussies and beta cucks honestly. You guys need to learn how to be a MAN.

fucking this
look at star shitizen
that much money for a laughable amount of progress on a game with no release date

>Japanese games' target audience is young western males
or, you know, the Japanese?

Pretty much. Most Vita Games look the same for this very reasons. Makes me scratch my head when people get hyped for this generic stuff that's indistinguishable from any of the other games that come out. It's just cringey fanservice that appeals to undersexed shut-ins.

The vita is dead for a reason.

Not really.

I know right. PS4 is still going to get shitty Atelier, Tales of, Nep Nep, and other crap games that have visuals on par with PS2 releases and weebs are going to buy them with the same shit Nintoddlers pull: "it's about le gameplay."

No, it's about yellow Jews cheaping out knowing that sad fucks will pay a premium for a shittier low-effort product.

because dumb weebshits will buy anything as long as it has >muh cute loli waifu with huge rack which is actually 300 year old dragon

Because 1 Japanese dollar is worth roughly 1 American cent.

It's also not like the art style holds any weight. I look at stylistic games like No More Heroes and JRPGs that looked cool at the time they came out and they look just as dated as their western counterparts. Fuck, a lot of GUST games from the early PS3 era are now no more distinguishable from the average nep game. The difference was only jarring before because we got so used to 2D sprites from the PS2 era.

Yet games like Dragon's Crown are animated better than any western game

It's more alive than the 3DS though

And yet they couldnt even port it to PC
Or even make an HD remaster for PS4. Japs are retards even when it comes to business.

Yet it sold nearly a million for a niche game, and they're busy working on other games right now.

No real console/PC market

Then port it for PS4. People laugh at Todd for rereleasing Skyrim for 4 times, but who's swimming in cash now?

because western games are sponsored by jewish-marxist to brainwash dumb american children into SJW.

Jesus fuck, the amount of cancer is this thread is staggering

>muh manliness
>muh i hate anime
>muh WESTERN POWER, BRO

kill yourselves

Nobody knows how well it would sell on it.
And the studio only has 21 people working, i'd rather have them making 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim

>Implying

t. angry weeb

money earned is not money spent genius

how are people still so retarded about the crowdfunding model

But it's true though. The west has the whole world by the balls for centuries now.

I can name a ton of Vita games that have a confirmed western release coming out.
Can't say the same for 3DS

They aren't trying to make movies

I concur.

lolno.

We're talking about video games, buddy. The west hasn't made a good video game since the oregon trail.

Pretty sure Japanese games are meant to cater to the Japanese first my dude.

By "The West" I assume you mean America.
Having 3000 people make Assassins' Creed yearly is just a complete waste of resources, it's retarded.

A long time ago America had B-tier studios like Japan still does today. They used to make games which were between AAA and indieshit. Now there's zero middle, it's all or nothing.
Stupid system that discourages creativity and everything is focus tested into tastelessness.

That's not how business works. They cater to the largest possible audience, not one nations audience.

>Crytek
>DICE
>small devs

and yet that bullshit system generates billions of cash dollars in income. The biggest japanese game cant even outsell the latest AC title.

games with smaller budgets dont need to sell millions to make profit numbnuts
AAA games need to sell 5+ million just to break even

What's good about billions of dollars?
More investors?
More pressure?
More dumb shit and control measures?

Nothing is good about AAA development except the photo realistic graphics but that shit doesn't matter since an indie with good art style can create something better looking.

>i can name a ton of vita games coming out
>but i won't do it

Hardmode: Don't name any games also coming to PS4

Most Japanese devs haven't moved past PS2 levels of fidelity. Sure the internal res is higher, it's 16:9, there's some post-processing thrown on top. Do that to FF12 in an emulator, lo and behold it looks like every Vita/PS4 cross-platform game. Not that there's anything wrong with that--if the games are good. I'd rather Tecmo's Deception IV look like it does than not exist. My guess is that unlike in the West, their producers looked at the exponentially increasing budgets and let out a big fat NOPE. It's not like their economy is doing great or anything. Ours isn't either, but we like to pretend otherwise.

I think the worst people are the ones who want japanese games to turn into western games. I'm glad they're different. I don't like shooters or movie games. There are some western games I like but I'm glad they're unique. If I want cute lolis, I go to jrpgs because I sure as hell do not like looking at ugly ass western lolis. If I want manly men, there's plenty in western wrpgs. Worst is when I see some 30+ year olds arguing that jrpgs aren't growing up with them when they're aimed at teens. I still like them but fucking hell, they aren't aimed at you faggot.