MGS3>MGS1>MGS2=MGS5=MGS4>PW>MG1 & MG2>>>>All the other portable ones

>MGS3>MGS1>MGS2=MGS5=MGS4>PW>MG1 & MG2>>>>All the other portable ones

MG2 is better then 4 and peacwalker

>allimony

>Better then
>Then

Im drunk

I just finished replaying MGS4 and it is in no way better than MGS2. The mechanics are all there but the game has way too many cutscenes and too little gameplay.

this is some bait tier ratings

Fucking FINALLY someone gets it

I can agree to that.

2>3>5>1>4>PW

which ones are bait tier

MGS2>MGS3=PW>MGS5>MGS4>MGS1>MG2>MG1

WITH MAH PERCEPTIONS IN A MIX
DOWN TWENTY MILES THROUGH THE STICKS
TO THE CLOUDY TOWN OF HELLVIEW: POPULATION NINETY-SIX

5=3>PW>1>2>4>the rest

Here's a good set for you:
>PLEBEIAN:
MG1
MGS1
MGS5
>CONTRARIAN:
MGS:GZ
MG2
MGS4
MGS:PO
>PATRICIAN
MGS2
MGS3
MGR:R
>PHILISTINE
SNAKES REVENGE

wrong

5 better than 1? Holy shit, some of you have shit taste.

MGS1 = MGS3 > MGS2 >>>>>> MGS5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS4 >>>>>> Portable

MGS1=GB>TPP>MGS2>Rest

I don't expect anyone to agree with me and that's fine

>1 equal to 3
>2 lower than 1
>PW below 5
>GZ and TPP aren't seperate
>Didn't even mention Revengeance
Sounds like you're the only one with shit taste here

>Posts Revengeance
>Thinks his opinion is relevant

Woo boy

STORY:
3>1=2=PW>4>GAMEPLAY:
5=3>4>2>PW>1

debate me.

>Hates Revengeance
>Thinks his opinion is valid
wew lad

You're correct in the gameplay but you're wrong in thinking story matters in MGS, it has great set pieces but the sotry is never beyond B Movie tier

>MGS3
>B movie tier

Naa. Just because something is campy doesn't automatically mean it's a shitty b movie story. If anything, the fact that it's so campy just makes the conclusion that much more surprising and emotional

story as in the continuity doesnt matter, no. there is some value to the narrative themes though. MGS2 is maybe the only "deep" game in existence that actually succeeds at having any artistic value. that's worthy of note.

He's becoming Phil.

idk, i'd say mgs1,2,3 make a good trilogy that compliment each others themes, like the trois couleures trilogy, or the vengeance trilogy. 4, PW, and V are somewhat of a different beast, but the first 3 are a good collection.

MG2 was literally a better version of MGS1.

I'd agree with that though good luck finding Sup Forumsposters who will. I actually like PW's story a lot, not so much for the themes but for big boss' arc. That, and Strangelove is cool as shit. and got totally wasted thanks kojima

>that much more surprising and emotional
Surprising?

>Snake, you have to kill The Boss
>hey Snake, get out of the cell, but remember that you have to kill The Boss
>nice job beating the Shagohod, now go beat The Boss
>You wanted to save, Snake? Also, did you know you have to kill The Boss?
>you actually kill The Boss
What a surprise.

>MGS2
>Patrician
Fuck no. MGS2 placed far too much importance on it's postmodern themes at the expense of its story, pacing, level design and bosses. It's an incredibly uneven game that squanders most of its innovative mechanics and the bullshit of the S3 Plan is just as stupid and contrived as MGS4's plot.

who /WASTEDANDWOUNDED/ here?

This is true

pretty sure this is bait but that user likely meant the twist at the end about the boss' mission... the series of revelations in the EVA tape and after the credits

All the 'flaws' are put there on purpose to make the themes hit harder. It's subversion. Watch the bunnyhop video.

All you got out of the ending of MGS3 is that you killed The Boss? That's it? I'm gonna assume you're joking, it's not exactly a difficult ending to understand.

You kill The Boss, Big Boss feels mad about it, he goes on to build Outer Heaven.
What's surprising about it.

The circle is almost complete.

what even was that video for?

>SNAKE, BOSS WAS A GOOD GIRL WHO DINDU NUFFIN
>OH NOOOOO

Are you aware that MGS is a port of MG2 with a bit of story on top, right? It should be as high as MGS2.

I'm fully aware that the game is meant to be a subversive deconstruction of sequels. That doesn't make deliberately designing a game to be unenjoyable an act of genius.

>heh, I phrased a legitimately good plot point in a silly way! That'll show em!

but it does though. looks more like it's just not your cup of tea. That's fine, call of duty is fun too, in its own way. stick to that.

I agree for the most part but
>MGS3>MGS1>=MG:GB>MG2>MGS2>MGS4>MG1>PW>MGS5>PO

the ironic thing is if PO got an HD port like PW did then I would put it above 5. 5 is the same shitty skinner box formula but minus co-op fun PW had

i remember all the chicks who thought he was so hot despite being a fucking turd his whole life sorry bout dunn though

Hes making a movie called "I needed some time to stay useless" and I think it was like a trailer or some stupid shit.

Besides MGS1 & MGS3 and maybe the 8-bit entries, it's all equally shit

If you feel that deconstruction should take precedence over strong gameplay, storytelling and level design, you might as well praise MGSV for providing commentary on the nature of hype and shattered expectations.

Nah, mgsv was not botched on purpose. You can see traces of that, like how quiet dies forever or how most of the peace walker characters are just vanished, but the cut content wasn't part of the plan. Nor was the shit treatment of Ocelot's character. Those contribute nothing to the theme of the phantom pain.

4 is a romp start to finish, but I don't really look to it for anything greater than face value. it attempts a larger purpose, reaches for something, but i just don't care about 4s message tbqh. PW/GZ/TPP are another trilogy. Unlike 1-3, which were self contained works meant to compliment each other and have a loose temporality and connection to each other, the PW/GZ/TPP trilogy are all heavily connected and have their own overall theme/message that is tried to be conveyed. PW basically being a metal gear redo of kubrick's dr strangelove was great, and the naming a character strangelove is hilarious. I love kojima's blatant ripping off of hollyweed.

i'm sad to see what TPP truly could have been

>i'm sad to see what TPP truly could have been
Another badly written and cringeworthy turd like PW and MGS4?
TPP could have been finished, it would have still been shit.

>PW basically being a metal gear redo of kubrick's dr strangelove was great, and the naming a character strangelove is hilarious. I love kojima's blatant ripping off of hollyweed.

These people are the reason MGS went to shit.

>HAHA IT'S SO LE WACKY AND SO LE RANDUMB I LUV KOJIMA XD

You deserved MGSV.

>"I'm Solid Snake and this is the Cobra charmer. Don't piss in your pants, skid mark"
>My name is Otacon
>"Whatever dude"