Donkey Kong Country 3 is the worst DKC. Tropical Freeze is the best. Prove me wrong

Discuss. Also general DKC thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HqmrztzTMtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DKC2 > DKCTF > DKC > DKC3 > DKCR
There, I proved you wrong

/thread

DKC = DKC2 > DKCTF >> DKR > DK3 GBA port >> DK3

>3 better than returns

Oooook. 2 over TF is understandable, though.

Why are 3 and Returns at the bottom?

>DK3 GBA port >> DK3
David Wise my man.

I wish we could hear the GBA OST with the sound quality of the SNES sound chip.

Jungle Beat > DKC2 > Tropical Cheese > DKCR 3D > 1 > 3

If you count 64 it's:

DKCTF = DKC2 > DKC > DKCR > DKC3 > DK64

People just don't like Returns, for some reason. DKC 3 is just the worst in the country series, though; worst bosses (1 barely beats it), worst levels, worst music, and fucking Kiddie Kong. It's still a good game, though. It's like saying "this golden egg isn't quite as shiny as the others." For me, the DKC power rankings are
TF > 2 > Returns ≥ 1 > 3, though 2 is like a hair lower than TF.

Question.

Would you have liked DKC3 better if Kiddy Kong wasn't forced on you? I think he was bad enough of a character to sour the whole experience, but without taking him into the equation the game wasn't bad.

I often wondered why Rare thought anybody would like using a giant retarded baby rather than DK or Diddy. Maybe they did it on purpose.

DKC 2 is the best in my opinion. A lot of great ideas, beautiful, precise, best boss design and that fucking soundtrack !

Then, we have Tropical Freeze. I can put it as the same level as Kongquest. More variety than Returns, better level design, stunning visual and again, that fucking soundtrack.

Then, 1. Not a fan of the boss design in this game but it's still a solid plateformer.

Returns, just because I hate 3. I really like the Metroid Prime vibe of certains music (like the final boss) but overall, it lacks of originality (some theme are from the original). I hate the wiimote though.

And last, 3. I did the GBA port recently, and it's definitely the worst one (not a bad game, just the worst Country). Bosses are shit, music isrepetitive and sometimes, does not start before the end of the level (like, you do the first level, Stilt Villlage starts at the end), too much animals gimmick, shit overworld, I hate Donkey Kong Junior's cry and a lot of level are the same aesthetically.

DKC3 is a pretty big departure from the first two games. It was made by Rare's B-Team, (the A-Team was working on N64 projects) and it shows.
The game feels a lot weaker than its predecessors.
DKCR was a bit of a rough revival for the franchise, and it doesn't feel as solid as the rest of the games. That's just my opinion though, I've heard people say it's one of the best of the franchise.

Mind you, they're all great games. Just some aren't as good as others.

The Return of the Dong games aren't bad or anything but the movement is awful.

You can roll and jump and all that no problem in the first two games but in the Dong Revengeance series you always have to move slow and deliberate with a pole up your ass that isn't fun.

Maybe. DKC 3 might've benefitted a lot if it had a fast character (Diddy) like the first two did.

I had the opposite problem; I never wanted to go too fast in the original trilogy because you didn't have a great view of what was coming up. The first time I played Returns, I realized how much of a difference a zoomed-out screen makes.

Fuck they made an ugly DK.

I forgot to say that DKCR and TF coop is trash. It's so frustrating to play with someone which plays Diddy, go fast and don't care about his jump because he has a jetpack, when you have Donkeinertia Kong and you can't see shit because the camera follows the one further in the level.

Thats not the same dk

I still own physical copies of all 3 Donkey Kong Countries for SNES and the one is my favorite and has been since I was a child. The 2nd one is my least favorite.

>the one

I mean the 3rd one. The 3rd one is my favorite. the 1st one is my 2nd favorite.

Ouch.

also I liked kiddy kong. I think I remember not liking him for a little while but then he grew on me, especially when I saw his idle animation where he pulled on his pajama sock and I was like aww he's just a little baby. Kiddy Kong is kawaii!

Tropical Dong > 2 > Returns > 1 > 3

Dont know what people didnt like about returns, i loved it

>tfw DKC3 is my favorite

Comfy as fuck. Feels like summer camp.

Idk how anyone can say DKC1 isn't the worst. There's nothing WRONG with it but it's very basic and uninteresting compared to the rest of the series because it was basically a template.

DKC2 > DKC > DKCTF > DKCR > DKC3
This is the correct ranking.

I thought the bosses in 3 were the best, the others were bland and repetitive as fucking shit while the 3rd one actually had you do different things to defeat the unique bosses. a lot of the levels were also very imaginative with tons of different gimmicks to keep things fresh. also getting the items for the bears was fun and swanky's side show was god tier. 1 and 2 didnt have shit like that. and in 2 you had to fucking pay coins for a bunch of shit even to fucking save so you couldn't fucking save if you used the coins on something and wow the minigame was FUCKING TRIVIA. WOW THAT'S FUN!!! durr which enemies are on level 1. that's so much fun. NOT! also that fucking level where you have to get to the top with the snake was BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up with DKC 3 and DK 64. I was blown away when I played DKC 2 for the first time on emulator and I would say that it's miles better than DKC3. However, I unironically enjoyed DK64 a lot. I do agree there's a lot of bad choices in this game but I really love collectathons.

I hated returns and Tropical Dong. If you could run and grab with Y those games would probably be at the top of my list otherwise.

For me it's DKC2 > DK 64 > DKC > Donkey Kong > DKC 3 > TF > DKCR

You might want to watch this to expand your dong knowledge.

youtu.be/HqmrztzTMtI

>DKC over TF

>DKC over TF

Objectively wrong. You can have an opinion but don't try to say that's correct in any way shape or form.

They tried modeling that design. The DK we have now was the result. They were not good concept artists and not great modelers, I think it was their first 3D game. The fact that it's a different incarnation of the character is irrelevant.

why do people hate 3 so much
it's the best one

not him but i'll never even play TF or returns because they went with the lazy ugly as FUCK looking nu-super mario bros look and physics, which make me want japan to get nuked again because it looks and feels so fucking dumb and shitty and everything they made after nsmb is for LITERAL retards so i'll never ever ever even give it a fucking chance and I don't give a fuck what you say.

retard

your first system was probably a wii little faggots

DKCTF > DKC2 > DKCR = DKC > DKC 3 >>>>>> DK64

I actually liked Returns a lot. The original music was that memorable but pretty much all the remixes were excellent. And even with the waggle, the gameplay was great. Tropical Freeze was basically a better version of Returns with no waggle, which is why it tops the list. I was never really bothered about the absence of animal buddies. Pretty much all of them just felt gimmicky. The only exceptions were Rambi (who made a return) and Enguarde (who was rendered obsolete by the new swimming controls in TF).

DK64 was fucking awful though. It's not a game, it's a part-time job.

*wasn't that memorable.

mine was snes actually
yours was probably gamecube faggot lmao

This is a damn good list.

mine was snes bitch. your's was probably ps4 actually LMFAO

yours was ps9 hahaha

Thanks for keeping my thread alive, baitposter. Much appreciated. :^)

>No one played Jungle Beat
Meme Bongos aside (although I played the Wii port), it's a really great game. DK basically goes on a violent rampage and becomes a kid-friendy (due lack of blood) Kratos. It felt GREAT to punch those fucking pigs.

yours was probably ouya LOL

Retro's Kong games are boring and I can't get into them

>lose interest in Waggle Kong at the Lava World
>lose interest in Returns 2: No Waggle This Time at grasslands world.

I thought it was fine, it just wasn't a Country game. Most people regard it negatively because it came out during DKC's hiatus, I think.

i think you should give tropical freeze another try, it's really good when you get into it

IN TERMS OF K ROOL DESIGN

King K Rool > Kaptain K Rool > 64 K Rool >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baron K Roolenstien

>TF
>has swimming that isn't just "press jump to momentarily ascend a bit"
Already a god tier platformer just for that

It was really close to the Country formula though. It didn't strayed too far, nor did it stood too close, making it a nice experience, in my opinion anyway.

The animal buddies were also badass, it REALLY bugs me Retro only uses Rambi in their games, and Sqwawks is just a glorified item.

They could have replaced item Squawks with Quawks and have Squawks be an actual animal buddy

>multiple animal buddies

WOAH now, don't overwhelm poor Retro! They still need to figure out the other Kongs are -characters-, and not just power ups!

Hard mode exists and makes the Kongs actual characters

I really haven't had an interest in Donkey Kong as much as as many other platformers, as in I replay them much less. This my view.

DKC2 > DKCR > DKC > DKCTF > DKC3

In brief. 2 is actually great. Returns has motion controls, but otherwise it's exciting and fun. 1 is okay. Tropical Freeze is pretty and there are a lot of playable characters, but overall every jump feels exactly the same and way too safe gameplaywise. It leaves little lasting impression. 3 I barely remember. I think the world, bosses, Kiddy Kong, enemy placement and secrets were all retarded. It was boring.

This also really bothers me.... I miss the tag-team system, I hope DKCR3 allows that as an option. DK is the man (ape) and all, but I REALLY rather play as Diddy and Dixie.

lol your system was probably the ngage 2 \

>beat the game, then it gets good ;^)

DK was always the worst kong in the Country games
Even worse than kiddy

>Baron K Roolenstien

FUCK YOU THATS MY FAVORITE ONE I EVEN DREW PICTURES OF HIM THAT LOOKED LIKE SHIT WHEN I WAS LIKE 6 CUZ IT WAS SO COOL

He looked like shit so your picture of him was probably accurate

Also another reason dkc3 is the best one hands down no questions asked is because you could ride a boat around the map and get better boats and i bet you don't even know about the secret volcano you fucking scrub

Having the other Kongs act as power-ups is better than having the other kongs control marginally differently to one another. The only issue was how Diddy was useless compared to Dixie.

Yes, I knew about the volcano. It just wasn't as good as the DKC2 Lost World. Also, yeah, I totally play DKC for the vehicles. Just like Banjo Kazooie, right?

Grasslands was when it hit its stride for me. That whole level where the whole fucking thing is on fire was awesome.

I still have it somewhere but here's a remake from memory

and no he didnt bitch

>and no he didnt bitch
He looked fucking gay and retarded

>Tropical Freeze is pretty and there are a lot of playable characters, but overall every jump feels exactly the same and way too safe gameplaywise. It leaves little lasting impression.

I got that same feeling, so I understand.

It's telling when the first thing you hear after hitting "New game" is the same "loading" music from DKCR as the clouds go by.

I know playable-wise he was, BUT as a character I really like the big oaf.

HE LOOKS AMAZING IT'S A FUCKING SCIENTIST CROCODILE THAT FLOATS AROUND AND SHOCKS YOU WITH ELECTRICITY AND SHIT AND THE ROOM LOOKS 10000% LIKE A FINAL BOSS ROOM WAY BETTER THAN A GAYYYY ASS PIRATE SHIP OR SOME GAY ASS STUPID ROOM WHERE HE HAS A GAY MUSKET WOW THOSE ARE SO GAY COMPARED TO THIS AMAZING ONE

>Has a faggot looking skull
>Costume doesnt relate to how he is a Kroc of Power (Like a King or a Pirate Captian)
>Doesnt even have his own theme
>Kucked by his wife

The Rare theory isn't canon.

Unless Miyamoto says otherwise, Arcade DK = DKC DK.

DKC3>DKC>DKC2 though they are all very close and all very good. The rest of the games were awful.

No, it's been established that Cranky was the original DK and the current DK is his grandson. Jr. went AWOL for whatever reason. They only use DK for the Mario vs DK series for the sake of it rather than use classic DK/Cranky.

You're the kind of guy that'd say Breath of the Wild is worse than Ocarina of Time, aren't you?

jr. was in mario kart on snes though

this is exactly what I think, too. great taste.

but DK3 is my favorite. DK2 is a close 2nd, but 3 has more variety and better levels overall

Which predates DKC.

That's not saying much considering I still enjoyed DKC3 quite a bit. Yeah, it's not as good as the first two but what is?

i think its better than 1

BANANA BIRDS

Fuck the game debates, no one will ever agree. POST FAVORITE ANIMAL BUDDIES GO

You already posted the best one, though.

worst fucking one and I actually like snakes. anyway probably ellie the elephant. I would say squitter the spider but I just looked him up and he looks like a fucking faggot and is wearing tennis shoes which I do not remember/couldn't tell from the games I remembered him as a cool looking spider but fuck he looks like a faggot.

I don't remember this fella having pink shoes.

Also, all this guy does is remind me of that one DK coin in Web Woods and how I had to replay that level countless times to get it. At least the music is god tier.

FPBP

Donkey Kong Country 3 don't you mean Leslie Jones Country 3

homos

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 3 IS THE BEST FUCKING ONE AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE THEN YOU DESERVE TO BE KIDNAPPED AND TORTURED FOR MONTHS AND THEN SHOT IN THE HEAD AND DISMEMBERED WITH A SAW ON VIDEO AND THEN SHIT ON AND SOME OF YOUR BODY FED TO ANOTHER KIDNAPPED PERSON AND THEN THEYRE SHOT AND SHIT ON AND THEN YOUR SNUFF FILM IS SOLD TO PEDOPHILES WHO ARE THEN SHOT AND SHIT ON AND THEN YOUR SNUFF FILM IS UPLOAD TO Sup Forums AND EVERY REPOSTS IT ALL THE TIME AND THINKS IT'S FUNNY AND CALLS YOU GAY

Forget about Returns, but you're missing out by not playing Tropical Freeze.
I'd recommend setting aside your petty bullshit and actually playing it if you really enjoy DKC.

There wasn't anything inherently wrong with this.
The problem was that Dixie was a straight upgrade to Diddy.

>beat grasslands world
>get to the water world
>dread it since water levels are almost always worse
>the whole world is actually amazing

>i'll never ever ever even give it a fucking chance and I don't give a fuck what you say.

TF is basically an improvement in every way over Returns though.

I don't see how.