This is all Nintendo had to do. Release a console that can actually compete with Sony and Microsoft...

This is all Nintendo had to do. Release a console that can actually compete with Sony and Microsoft. No gimmicky controller bullshit. No half portable shit. A box that can run new games, from both Nintendo and third parties with an online system comparable to PSN and Xbox Live and last just as long in the console cycle as its competitors.

I love Nintendo, I want to see them do good, but the Switch is, at this point, too far off the handle for me to want it. I can see Nintendo trying to reposition it as a successor to the 3DS in two years and then reveal their true Wii U successor to compete with the PS5 and fourth Xbox.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/gears-of-war/xbox-one-exclusives-on-pc-project-helix
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That would be dumb as fuck, son. It would just end up being another Xbone.

We're never getting another normal console from them. The Wii made them go crazy and they've been trying to chase down casuals ever since. They're never going to stop.

It's too late. Everyone who wants a console like that already has an xbone or ps4

>that controller layout

Multiplats don't matter anymore. No one owns a Nintendo console without owning another console or decent computer.

YOU JUST WAIT ... NINTENDOMINATION !!!

An Xbone with Nintendo games
Shit sounds perfect

How would it be another xbone if it already has 3 times the amount of IP's?

But then you couldn't take it to play with your friends, do play while commuting, and you wouldn't experience the enhancements of HD Rumble and all the gyros and secret cams.

>on par with xbone for power
Yeah, no.
That shit was released years ago and was less powerful than the PS4 then. It'd have to be better than both, even if less powerful than the Pro and Scorpio. Also, free online.

I don't want another XBone. I have a Wii U for one reason, and that's as a party game console. I'm looking forward to the motion controls of the Switch.

I mean, it really doesn't matter in terms of power anymore. It has to do with the pricepoint and marketing. If power sold than the PS3 would've been a huge hit originally, as would the Gamecube.

nintendo will never do this. they will also never release their games on any other platform, even if they die.

The Xbone is a perfectly fine console. All of the initial mishaps aside, I've been enjoying this damn thing since I got it.

I want Nintendo to release a conventional console with a regular controller in the box so that I can play Nintendo games on it. I have both an Xbone and decent PC.

Gee I don't really see why a toy company doesn't try to compete with multinational tech companies. Ops logic is flawless.

It sure worked for the GC

>Gamecube 2
>it's a fucking rectangle

Maybe in some minds, a rectangle is a cube

Nobody would give up their ps4/xbone for a Nintendo console that doesn't do anything the others don't. Maybe you would, I might even too but we're the minority.

Yawn

>You can't go 5 steps without people complaining about the performance of PS4/XBone, begging for lord gaben to take over
>Ask nintendo to be like those two as well

Not everyone needs an excelent hardware to have fun
Simple as that
Also, since when having the best hardware means being the best?
A simple box that i can carry around is better than a giant golden imobile box, for me at least
Its called trade-offs
Remove those hardware fetish lens you faggot

both the docked joycons and the gamepad have literally the same button configuration as their "regular" pro controller, people just keep spitting the same excuse as they did for the wiimote despite it making no sense anymore
unless you're so autist that you can't live with the idea that the controller have an extra function even if you never use it

He doesn't even have hardware fetish lens, he just wants a PS4 with a Nintendo badge. That hardware is about as interesting and powerful as some second hand 2010 Alienware off ebay.

You can use the Switch as a conventional console.

I wouldn't either, but it would be nice and give me more of an incentive to get a switch. All I want is a normal controller and not having to spend extra for it, but apparently thats too much to ask for.

I like the switch but right now consoles are pushing for upscalled 4k and the switch can barely do 900p. I hope for the next generation Nintendo has a actual premium console.

who the fuck would waste money making a 4k handheld?

Why not go with the Nintendo Hypercube instead?

>Shifting dimensions make it portable
>Additional dimensions favor immersive gameplay
>Lots of memory space
>Has a bunch of sensors

Your entire post contradicts itself. You aren't getting any console that makes for easy porting with modern architectures AND is backwards compatible for just $300. The machine you propose would essentially be a Wii U glue to a Xbox One and would cost nothing below 450. More than likely it would straight up cost 500 to have two sets of hardware in there.

Just my opinion here but I love the joycons. It feels so much better to be able to relax your arms in any position you want. I miss that from the Wii.

The SD thing is a good idea for me.

Releasing games on SDs is probably a lot more cheaper and i hope any patches are going to install in the SD. You can buy as many SDs as you want, while you can't replace the hard drive on other consoles.

With this Nintendo could make a powerful but compact console, not necessarily portable as a tablet, but like the gamecube.

>Not calling it the New GameCube or NewCube

There's a huge difference between not being the most powerful console, and being too weak for everything. It's 2017 (the current year) and it looks like a lot of Switch games are going to be low resolution even docked. The WiiU being 720p was fine, but to ask people to give up their WiiU's and buy a Switch, for some 900p/30 or 720p/60 gameplay with WiiU graphics is a little bit much. As a handheld it's great but it's worthless as a console.

>The gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 and Xbox
>Nobody cared

Explain Pokemon Go

What does anyone need 4k for? Can you even have 4k in your monitor?

TPC has been whoring the IP since the beginning, there's nothing new here

>give up their ps4/xbone
You don't have to user

Not a Nintendo game and TPC isn't even owned by Nintendo

>but to ask people to give up their WiiU's
Why would you "give up" your Wii U if you already have one? That's like giving up your PS3 for a PS4.

It's dumb as shit.

>TPC isn't even owned by Nintendo

Factually wrong.

Poor people trade their consoles

No they should have just released another handheld.

Partially, not wholly.
>copyright is shared by all three companies
TPC acts as its own entity

>release another handheld
>3DS still going strong
Special kind of stupid

>Release a console that can actually compete with Sony and Microsoft

Why? There are 2 other companies fighting over that market already. Nintendo trying to break into that space would turn out worse for them than the Wii U. They have always focused on innovative console design, and it is usually very successful for them (Gameboy, DS family, Wii, Gamecube, NES/SNES).

That's not even being poor though. It's being financially irresponsible.

That's what they did, but they also solved the problem people have with handhelds saying that they don't want to play on a tiny screen or won't take it out anyway

Why do you think they're poor, user?

Underrated post

It's not about power, although power plays a part in a system's value. From a consle standpoint the Switch isn't a good value. $300 for a system weaker than both the Xbone and PS4, no bundled games, no backwards compatibility, and it looks like Nintendo have shit the bed with online and virtual console yet again. I won't comment on the launch library since every console has a weak launch now, but still, Xbone and PS4 have a massive head start.
>b-but it's about the games!
Yes, games matter, but you can like Nintendo games and dislike Nintendo's retarded business practices. The Switch is simply a poor value, if money isn't a big deal than great. But for some kid who can only afford one console, and has to choose between the PS4 Slim, The Xbox One S, or the Switch, the Switch doesn't make sense.

You realize they did this with GameCube and still lost right? Don't kind something different since I'm not a poor fag unlike most of the posters here who are either underage or live in third world countries

Xbone is literally on its death bed which was a perfect chance for nintendo to step in they fucked it up like they do with everything.

You have 2 consoles that do what you want OP

No they didn't solve anything, the switch is shitty for a handheld, too clunky, battery life too low

I wouldn't buy that.
I want the Switch for it's gimmicks.
That's right.
I want to enjoy it's gimmicks. The portable part of it is absolutely awesome and seeing Nintendo take two things (consoles and handhelds) and shove them into one is the best.
One hybrid, one library. No more wishing I could play pokemon on my tv and no more wishing I could play mario on my handheld.
It's all right there in one dockable handheld.
And then they sweeten the deal with HD haptic, single system multiplayer, and a solid pre-launch first year release schedule.
I don't regret my pre order in the slightest and I cannot wait for the switch and Zelda to arrive at my door in March.
Complain about this and that; almost every complaint can easily be nullified with common sense.

It makes me laugh that Nintendo fucked up the Switch marketing so bad. Not as much as the WiiU but still. They should have said it's the most powerful handheld ever, and you can hook it up to a TV and even increase the resolution. That would be pretty appealing to 3DS fans, going from 400x240 to 720p. Instead it just looks like the sequel to the WiiU is... a mobile WiiU. Who cares?

competing on grafix with two other consoles and PC is pretty much a dead end

>explain pokemon go
explain pic related

It's required if you want third party support

But that's wrong

this, are you people fucking retards?
>OMG NOT EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT IS MADE TO APPEAL TO ME, VIDEO GAMES ARE DEAD THE CASUALS RUINED IT ALL ABLUBLUBLU
this is literally what all you chucklefucks sounded like in 2005 and it's what you all sound like more than a decade later at this very moment.

Battery life doesn't really matter now that I can charge it even with my phone, if you're going to stay out in a situation where you'll play for over 3 hours it probably won't bother to carry a power bank

>6 hours
>battery life too low

You'd think they'd support a lower power device since you don't need to spend so much time and money on graphical fidelity.

People want to play Nintendo games with good graphics and higher resolution. It's not fair that the best IP's are always on the shittiest console. Don't even bring up the PS2, the Wii, WiiU and Switch all have dramatically worse hardware on release than what the PS2 had on release.

I actually DON'T want this from Nintendo. PS4 and Xbone already exist so a third box exactly like them would just be redundant, not to mention everyone would just buy one of the two boxes that already has years worth of support in that instance. Honestly, I really like the core idea of Switch but it's the dumb supplementary ideas that are souring it for me. It's less that Switch is an awful idea and more that Nintendo simply continues to be out of touch with its policies.

6 hours max
Zelda lasts 3 hours

>literally putting all their games on PC
pcgamesn.com/gears-of-war/xbox-one-exclusives-on-pc-project-helix

>USB C
no you can't
prove me wrong pls, I'm ready for USB C to shit all over standard USB 3 and replace it, fuck the "oops it's upside down loool" meme

that would be appealing for the 3ds because it's a 240p device, something that already do 900p on a launch game don't really need to use bigger resolution when docked as a selling point

That's not how this work at all, nobody is going to bother downgrading and optimizing a pc/ps4/xbone game for it.

This. If you complain about battery life you should be buying a powerbank.
Plus, you should be able to charge it most places you go. It's not like you can't plug it in or anything. Even in your car.

user, I...

>downgrading and optimizing a pc/ps4/xbone game for it
Then develop exclusives for it, for cheap.
Much like mobile, people will eat it up for a minimal investment

Explain Super Mario Run

That's a long as time when compared to even laptops though.

There's literally no reason to have 3 consoles that all do the exact same shit. I for one applaud Nintendo for at least attempting to try something different instead of making a gimped PC.

there's a silent indie revolution quietly going on in Steam, I'd take random indie shit over whatever the fuck Ubisoft, EA and Activision are shitting out these days
OH NO I'M GOING TO MISS ASS CREED #25.5, THE LATEST COD AND BATTLEFIELD 5: FUCK YOU WE ALREADY KNOW YOU'RE BUYING IT: EDITION, WHATEVER WILL I DO ;_;

Honestly the Switch being a hybrid was a incredible marketing decision by Nintendo. In Japan, handhelds are preferred, and home consoles are dying out, which is one reason the Wii U did so shitty and why most Japanese games for the PS4 pander either to otaku or westerners. The opposite is true in the West, consoles are preferred with handhelds dying out in favor of mobile. By making the Switch function as both they can essentially have a single market that panders to both Japan and the West's tastes. All they need to do is just not fuck up immensely like they did with the Wii U, and having Zelda as a launch title plus the hype they've been building is doing pretty good so far.

Endless runners aren't games user
If anything it's just an interactive ad for NSMB

People with an Xbone don't play on PC, porting games to Windows doesn't affect sales. Didn't you see how much people were freaking out over rumors that Scorpio was a prebuilt gaming PC? Spencer had to confirm that Scorpio would be a traditional console. There will always be gamers on console regardless of exclusives, console and PC are still two very different platforms.

that's more on the engines the hardware support than the amount of pixels on the screen, the reason no one bothered porting for the Wii u was the lack of support for modern engines

WiiU was already sort of mobile since you can play a lot of its games on the gamepad. Gotta carry it, the console and its cords around but yeah, you don't need a TV to play a good chunk of WiiU games. Switch just lessens the clutter in that instance but WiiU could already do it in theory.

Did you conveniently forget the Wii u?
It was the same situation, outdated hardware, small userbase = dead, unless the switch sells really damn well nobody is going to bother developing for it

The imagined audience is people who buy the switch and want to play multiplats. The Switch is going to have a lot of exclusives, but it's obviously going to miss out on most multiplats. This is what Nintendo has been doing for the past decade, but I don't think it's a bad idea.

>optical media
>in 2017

You know OP, there's a reason why PS4 and Xbone games have to install physical games into the HDD

That's because consolefags are retarded.
As it is, MS just removed any incentive for an idort to get an Xbone.

it's a glorified ad, they didn't even tried to be subtle about it, they literally said they want people to play it and then buy a console for the real deal

>nobody is going to bother downgrading and optimizing a pc/ps4/xbone game for it.
A lot of that is done by the engine itself, something the Switch has at the moment when the Wii U doesn't.

>HDD instead of SSD
Passable

>Xbone
Why???

>Blu-ray
Wtf are you smoking? Sony owns blu-ray. That's as retarded as putting Windows 10 on it

>Release a console just like the other 2 in the middle of their lifespans and attempt to get sales
Are you retarded?

>Gamecube 2
>Not a cube

We'll see user, trust me i want it to succeed but so far it isn't looking good

>GameCube 2
Weak bait.

So, you know excited people would have been to see a new handheld.

Not really they promoted it as a home console with shitty battery.

This, agreed completely