Dead on arrival

>Dedicated gaming consoles are considered bad now.

Thanks Sony.

seeing as i have multiple things capable of doing those things, i really don't care.

need you be reminded

>this is a bad thing somehow
You people are taking shitposting too far
Give me a single fucking reason for why having a videogame console be 100% videogame focused is bad

Sadly, this is the world we live in now. It may not matter to people like you and me, but normalfags are going to rage that they don't have yet another device to watch their precious netflix with.

what if i want to watch netflix and i don't own a smartphone or pc that can connect to tv or any device with a screen

oh no the 3DS is DOA

Wow, so its almost as if it'll be like literally every other Nintendo system.

If you are buying a Switch and you don't have at least some of those, then your priorities are off a bit, I'd say.

It's dedicated, once again, to chasing the wii audience ad it's missing the basic features appealing them

You can watch netflix on 3ds ya dork

this isn't a normie console they are catering to the hardcores

who cares about watching netflix on a gaming console? If you seriously buy consoles for that, you're really stupid.

Multimedia is a meme. If I wanted to watch TV, then I'd just watch TV instead of playing games.

Then you should definitely considering investing money on a machine that can do just that
If you buy a videogame console just to use it to watch netflix then you're probably touched in the head

Sure watching youtube or netflix on the portable tablet would be kinda neat, but the switch is fist and foremost a video game console
If you're buying it becuase you want a portable media tablet, then you should probably buy a proper tablet or big smart phone instead of a games console

>Blue and Red
Did someone not stand up and point out these colors do not go together

do you actually want to?

I watch netflix on my laptop, on my pc or on my xbox, or tablet but not on the 3DS, never ever.

PS4 can't play 4K Blu-Ray, though.

That's the point. They're blue and red so that when they're detached and used for multiplayer the different users have a different color joycon
Nobody told them that it looks like absolute shit when put on the one device

PS4 is hardly a multimedia console. You have to download the media player app on it and it has worse DVD/Blu Ray playback than PS3

Game box plays games, won't be getting a Switch till games are out later but I don't see why this is a problem.

If anything, look at PS3, yeah its a neat little media box, you can plug the damn thing into a printer and make it work but who cares, thats not video games

Of course not. Im not a normie i dont watch netflix

>paid online
>Limited 3rd party support

Even the Wii had access to Youtube and Netflix.

The thing is there are people expecting this to work like an iPad and possibly replace it.

Well then it's going to fucking fail.

>dedicated
More like switch will be so underpowered and have so little ram it cant into basic apps like web browser or multitask
Power of tegra for you

2 million.

>Hardcore gamers want a tablet with shit specs

Well seeing how they expect you to have a smartphone or tablet to use voice chat, it makes sense.

>$300
>all it can do on day 1 is play Zelda, Nu-Bomberman, and 3 shovelware kusoge

wait a minute

how do you not only have a netflix account, but a netflix subscription in that case?

That Sega Dreamcast vibe all over again

as opposed to paying $2000 for a tablet with """""""""""""gamer""""""""""" specs?

Yfw even dreamcast has a web browser but the switch doesn't

Hardcore gamers wouldn't be buying a tablet for gaming in the first place.

or I could buy a Xbone or a PS4 and play games AND watch Netflix.

I think the price tag of the console itself, along with the price of the controllers will be what make this DOA.
I think 80% of people buying it are just trying to scalpe it and thanks to Nintendo's practices the scalpers are going to make a pretty penny.

Since when did the price of fucking controllers kill a console, given that the switch already comes with 2 and third party controllers exist?

The console price, maybe, but how the fuck would the price of controllers even hurt it at all?

God why is the Switch so useless by itself
>need phone for voice chat
>need phone for browser
>need phone for multimedia

Man it's a good thing you can't play games on the phone, right Nintendo?

>Using your console for anything other than playing games

toppest of keks

80% is way too high
The main reason it's sold out is because the initial units committed to pre-orders is way low. People think they sold out of the 2 million shipment and that's not the case. 2 million units is how many they're shipping for the entirety of March. The units they allocated to March are probably less than 1/3rd that, in fact I doubt they committed more than 500k units to pre-orders, and the reason why should be obvious

The people who actually want to buy one aren't simply not going to buy one just because they can't pre-order, so they set pre-order units very low to make sure that pre-orders in fact sell out. So instead of having potentially demand drop and retailers sit for weeks with the pre-order button available, they can control the story: pre-orders are sold out. They're *of course* not stating how many that even means or why they would prematurely want to cap it (gee I wonder why), just that it' sold out

They're really pulling every con in the book here and it's utterly disgusting. I've lost absolutely all respect I ever had for the company

>King Boo driving a vehicle.

What happens if he drives into a brick wall?

It's not about you fucker, it's about getting people to buy and use this shit tablet. Enjoy your 100k max active userbase after subtracting scalpers and people who are dumb enough to pay for Nintendo Gold Plus Premium online

More like the audience they're trying to get is expecting it to have multimedia support. If they're placing their bucks on casuals buying the thing then they're going to be disappointed when casuals find out its not a glorified iPad.

It's a tablet. There is absolutely no reason why they should drop features that the competitors have. Nintendo wants this thing to do well but they keep dropping the ball

this guy gets it

PS4 couldn't play mp4 files on launch.
Not that I'm defending this but the Switch is doa for different reasons

It's not just the controllers but all accessories. The dock is $90. Are you fucking kidding me? For a USB3.0/hdmi hub... $30 charging grip for piece of plastic with a usb port in it, and to add insult to injury it's NOT INCLUDED. And yeah, their big "Wii Sports" game needs 2 pairs of joycons. 2 isn't enough, each player needs a set and the same is true with ARMS. $80 for another controller (and don't say it's 2 because how many fucking games are going to be that simplistic) is just obscene.

This is something people are going to be looking at. They're going to see that there's no packin for the system, they're going to see there's no normal controller, they're going to see there's no way to charge the makeshift controller at least while playing, they're going to see the paid online. $300 is not the price of the system. $300 is purchasing a voucher, for an installment package of things you need to buy to be able to even use it in the first place, which starts at the bare minimum of 1 game because it does not include on nor does it have any multimedia functionality.

The Switch is an utter abomination. I really can't believe anyone is defending it. The one singular positive thing I can say about it is that BotW looks amazing. And I will enjoy playing it on my Wii U and thank god that they have the shred of decency to follow through with their promise to Wii U owners.

wait a second, we've gone around the bend so far that now a console focusing on just gaming is bad?
was there a newsletter?

I'm sitting next to four different devices that are all superior to consoles for multimedia purposes. I wish all console manufacturers would get rid of unnecessary, unwanted bullshit and just make purely gaming dedicated consoles again. Honestly, if you watch TV, movies, etc. through your console, you're a giant fucking cunt and I want you to get dick cancer.

i want to perceive more value from things that i purchase and this is accomplished through tacked on features that are added mainly because they look good on the fucking cnet review when they list the pros and cons

t. consumer normie

Things cost money to develop, produce and then supply

>This is something people are going to be looking at. They're going to see that there's no packin for the system, they're going to see there's no normal controller, they're going to see there's no way to charge the makeshift controller at least while playing, they're going to see the paid online. $300 is not the price of the system. $300 is purchasing a voucher, for an installment package of things you need to buy to be able to even use it in the first place, which starts at the bare minimum of 1 game because it does not include on nor does it have any multimedia functionality.

just like my all my consoles, I didnt buy a PS to watch netflix user, I also don't buy extra controllers because most of the time friends I know also buy the console.

Consoles usually launch with 1 controller, cables, console and you are lucky if you get a demo disc or something similar.

the docking station is not needed, unless you play for more than 20 hours straight, you should reconnect your joycons to the tablet which should be docked when not in use.

Most people just stream multimedia from their phones to their TV these days so I doubt it'll be missed.

>tfw I was one of them
The wee U was great for bedtime anime :(
wtf nintendooooz

>b-but Sony
Adorable.

Wtf, this car doesn't even come with a fuel tank. Dead on arrival.

After reading your whole post, you'd probably get it first sucking Reggie's dick like that

>These fucking threads every day
Gentlemen, how do we keep Euros and Aussies from posting on Sup Forums?

>It can only play videogames

sonyggers everyone

>was great
what did you do to it?

>underage
doesn't remember Sony started the whole, you get more than just a gaming machine.
or how it marketed the ps as a computer instead of a game console with features like having linux, dvd player, blue ray player so that you could do more shit than just PLAY games.

forgetting that people got into that mentality and was partly responsable for the decline of the dreamcast thanks to the "it doesnt have a dvd player built in like the PS2"

It doesn't matter, its perceived value will be lower and conflict with its price point if it lacks what the consumer see's as basic functionallity

A video game console that plays video games..... whoa.... dude.....

>I didnt buy a PS to watch netflix user,
PS4 and Xbone are both shipping with packin games. For less than a Switch.

>I also don't buy extra controllers
Because those consoles come with a real controller to begin with
>because most of the time friends I know also buy the console.
Good luck with that.

>the docking station is not needed,
In other words you have no defense for the price, just that you don't personally need one. If you agree that it's overpriced you should say "Yeah, it's shitty of them" and you would look like less of a fucking shit eater.

>unless you play for more than 20 hours straight, you should reconnect your joycons to the tablet which should be docked when not in use.
Right, so because they couldn't include the piece of plastic that costs $1.20 to make and instead included the piece of plastic that costs $1.00 to make, I have to either shell out $30 or micromanage my controllers. That's great. I can't wait until everyone in the industry takes tips from Nintendo in how to be a total fucking kike.

more like
>it can only play videogame
because there's only one game worth a damn on the piece of shit

>implying americans aren't the biggest shitposters
Take a stop by Sup Forums Sup Forums or Sup Forums and you'd be surprised.

Wow it's like you have to use something you carry around with you all the time anyway, damn such an inconvenience.

>It's not just the controllers but all accessories.
>The dock is $90. Are you fucking kidding me? For a USB3.0/hdmi hub...
A generic no-name branded USB C hub that does HDMI out is still like $50, the tech isn't as cheap as you assume, it's still too much but don't act like it's utterly insane.

>$30 charging grip for piece of plastic with a usb port in it, and to add insult to injury it's NOT INCLUDED.
20 hour batteries in the joycons, do you really game for more than 2 hours at a time?

>And yeah, their big "Wii Sports" game needs 2 pairs of joycons. 2 isn't enough, each player needs a set and the same is true with ARMS.
What game are you on about? Arms requires either 2 sets of joycons or a set and a pro controller for 2 player yes, but not 1,2,Switch or anything else really.

Buy a pro controller and you have 2 full controllers for everything.

>$80 for another controller (and don't say it's 2 because how many fucking games are going to be that simplistic) is just obscene.
Yeah, they're too much but they're also not needed for almost anything.

>partly responsable for the decline of the dreamcast thanks to the "it doesnt have a dvd player built in like the PS2"

That had FUCK ALL to do with the Dreamcast dying you child.

The Dreamcast died because sony spent a fuckton of money buying press and exclusives and sega's abject stupidity caught up to them when their fucking ceo sold them out to ms for nickels.

Sony having a DVD player had nothing to do with the dream cast, which could play cds adn svcds, failing miserably.

>SONYYYY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Will online work? After the free-trail will we have to pay to race online?

Europeans are huge console war faggots though and Aussies are shit stirrers.

Should I about l scalp mine? I really don't want it but I already preordered

yeah a phone being needed for voice chat is super fucking dedicated to gaming

>more than 2 hours at a time?
More than 20

sorry, fixed.

>PS4 and Xbone are both shipping with packin games. For less than a Switch.
yes, 2 years post-release.

meet me here in two years so I can link you to them selling a Switch + Mario Oddyssey for $250

The jewrey is un-fucking believable. They took HDMI-output which can be implemented on the console itself and charge $90 for it. They are releasing something that has less power than the wiiU for the price of a current generation console.

>yes, 2 years post-release.
And yet the Switch still manages to be far, far less powerful than even the weaker one.

>Tfw I have a PS4 and I don't use voice chat

You sound just like the Applefags I know who love to justify the dongles on the new Macbook

Wow, this VIDEOGAME CONSOLE that looks like a GRILL doesn't actually do what GRILLS do? Dead on arrival.

>meet me here in two years so I can link you to them selling a Switch + Mario Oddyssey for $250
Meet me when you aren't still getting completely fucking ripped off at that price point. You're buying wiiU tier hardware which is already last generation pack-in or not. Nintendo is milking you fucking cocksuckers like nobodys business.

>make a shitty gimmick tablet and charge $300 for it
>play up the portability angle
>for some reason it's wrong to expect a portable tablet that costs $300 in 2017 to let me play fucking mp4s or listen to music since you know I'm lugging it around all day anyway
>crying about Sony for no reason
Neck yourself. The Switch isn't a dedicated game console, it's a combination of every Nintendo gimmick from the last 11 years at a premium price. I could use my fucking PSP as a video player and MP3 player, and I bought that sucker in 2005. Absolutely no excuse for Nintendo to not have things like voice chat, party-creating, media playback, etc on a console in 2017.

and being portable. Man, i wish i could play my PS4 games on the go

if there was any

>its a phone! Why does my phone have so many features?? I just want a smartphone that make calls why are they giving me so many apps!!?

>Getting mad at what other people prefer
Are you literally a white guy?

This. Wii U was best netflix/crunchyroll device

Why do you even care? You weren't going to buy one anyway.

And Americans are perfect little angels are they? The majority of users on this site are American. So there's a good chance they're behind most of it.

>Wow, this VIDEO GAME CONSOLE lacks basic functionality that has essentially been incorporated into every console since the Dreamcast?

Actually will be dead on arrival because its a PSP with detachable controllers with wiiU-level hardware for $300.

$90 FOR HDMI OUTPUT.
$70 FOR A PROPER EGONOMIC CONTROLLER
$PAID ONLINE WITHOUT AN INTERNET BROWER, FRIEND CODES, MIIVERSE THAT STILL REQUIRES A SMART PHONE TO ACCESS LOBBIES AND IN-GAME CHAT

ENOUGH NINTENDRONE ENOUGH. I WILL KILL YOU SON OF A BITCH

i actually wanted to buy it but holy shit not anymore

>PS4 and Xbone are both shipping with packin games. For less than a Switch.
not when they launched they didn't

and herein is why someone said Thanks SONY, video game consoles used to be JUST to play games, now Sony has warped that and people expect game consoles to do more than that.

>fuckton of money buying press
and retailers too user, people would tell potential dreamcast buyers to hold off and tell them how the PS was more powerful and you could watch DVDs on it (in a time when DVD was catching on) I'm not solely blaming Sony for the death of the DC, I'm just saying that it helped.

My mistake, I didnt mean docking station I meant the Charging grip, that shit is not needed, I mean it could be convenient for some,but as long as you just put your switch on its dock with the controller connected when not in use, you shouldn't have an issue. quite frankly I game so close to my consoles that I always have my controllers plugged in, I guess the switch will be the first console that I will have to play wireless all the time.

Never said us Burgers were perfect. It seems like Europeans have a really unhealthy vendetta against Nintendo.

>Nintendo sells underpowered, overpriced dog shit lacking capabilities that other consoles had long before
>THIS JUST MEANS THEY'RE LOOKING OUT FOR US GAYMERS GUISE I'M SO GLAD I CAN'T USE BIG BOY FEATURES ON MY SWITCH LIKE USING THE INTERNET ON A TOUCH SCREEN TABLET

Enjoy your ban.

Sonyfags are like a fucking (you) factory. Mention anything about Sony and you got 10 autists that storm the thread for damage control.

>proper ergonomic controller
>not just laying down on the couch with your arms relaxed besides you, noth having to fucking scrunch you neck and shoulders.

2 seperate joycon will be the most comfy.

Why do you have Netflix but not a device to watch it on?