Now that the dust has settled, who is going to get a Switch?

Now that the dust has settled, who is going to get a Switch?

>300$ too much for the most powerful portable gaming device that comes with built in multiplayer and the Nintendo IP from consoles and handhelds. It can also be put into a dock to play games on the TV
Sorry that you cannot afford this with your pocket money from mom and dad, but you are obviously not in the target group of people in their 20th and 30th that have a job.

>No games
They will come, major releases in the first year are solid. If you do not like them, come again next year

>Noone likes it
Most coverage from famous youtubers is very positive, the normies will buy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=u3B_WJi-LOPR8geZ7YGQAg&gws_rd=ssl,cr&fg=1#q=ecosystem site:neogaf.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll get it with Zelda, Setsuna and Disgaea.
If the first reviews say it's shit, I'll get PS4 instead (more games that I want), but I really want a handheld.

Also I'm poor so I might not play it as much, but at least I have a good pc for multiplats.

PC/Nintendo is the way to go I think

Nice projecting, it'll flop like the Wii U

If they port Miku to Switch, definitely.

I buy pretty much every new console when it comes out, except the Xbone because of the horrible reveal and PS3 because $599.

Just having a clear message will boost the sales. People didn't know Wii U is a standalone console. It cannot fail as hard.

I bought one

It'll be worth getting in 2 or 3 years. Launch libraries for consoles are always shit. I want to see if Japanese third parties (like NIS, Falcom, and Bandai-Namco) jump on board. Until then, I'll keep playing Vita.

Got the Switch + Zelda collectors edition + Pro controller + 128GB sd card

Getting all the local multiplayer games like Kart as download for quick booting and not changing game cards

>Sorry that you cannot afford this with your pocket money
If you don't *slurp* drink Nintendo's cum then *slurp* you're a poorfag.

>most powerful portable gaming device
You can probably get a more powerful laptop

A FUCKING GAMER

True, but that is not a device you can really use while on the go conveniently. Wouldn't pull my laptop from my backpack on the bus or train.

Why do people like you always try and say things like "HUH SORRY YOU'RE TOO POOR TO GET ONE" ?

This is just retard logic, you would be one of those cunts like MC hammer who has literal millions and still goes bankrupt, or those hicks that win the lottery and end up broke two years later.

There's a difference being poor and wasting your money.

Investing in your hobby for the next few years doesn't sound like too much of a waste for me. It's like half a rent

>Will you buy it?
But it has no games.

>Watch movies?
It has no multimedia.

>Take it with you?
It lasts only 2 hours.

>B-but
No.

>buying into the wagglan machine
Were you born after the Wii OP? How new are you?

>Wouldn't pull my laptop from my backpack on the bus or train.

lel

Are you the same kind of a pussy that's afraid to play games in public?

tfw played and finished policenauts on train

No games.

>They will come,
Heard that with the Wii U and I own two and now the console is dead.
I fucked up.

But it's 400 USD in Sweden, has no games, accessories are overpriced as fuck and paid online. And I already have a PS4 and PC.

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I BUY THIS SHIT?

The first party games from console and handheld combined alone will be enough for my gaming needs

That picture looks pretty comfy t b h

You are assuming you will get the best of both worlds and not the worst of both.
You're naive and foolish.

>Wii U has been dead for two years
>Switch is still barren as fuck with two games worth playing in 2017, one is a Wii U port
Nintendo gives no fucks anymore how can people still care about this dysfunctional corporation?

I'll wait for the Switch Lite/Pro/New, by then the library should be decent.

Why would I care for the worst, if I also get the best? I don't have to buy the shovelware. Nintendo will kill the 3DS in a year or two and transfer their development teams to switch.

I'll get one when Xenoblade 2 is out and in a bundle that has a charging grip included and a free SD for under 300€.

Not before.

Basically this means I'll never get one. Which I'm completely fine with. I have plenty of games on PC to look forward to and I have Sony for exclusives like Bloodborne 2, Yakuza etc.

The worst isn't shovelware.
The worst is the Wii U's 2016 release lineup.
3 games.

You are hoping that the consolidation of console and handheld means more games.
You have zero evidence, zero ability to accurately predict this.
It's pure hope.

You are setting yourself up for a giant disappointment.
I'm not saying you're sure to be wrong and I also want the Switch to succeed but your hopes are so baseless right now I can't possibly agree with your reasoning.
Maybe Switch will be good in a year or two, maybe not.
The only thing I know for sure is that anyone who buys the thing at launch is a genuine, helpless moron with more money than sense.
Scalpers excluded those fuckers are smart, dastardly and know exactly what they're doing and what they're going to get.

>Scalpers excluded those fuckers are smart, dastardly and know exactly what they're doing and what they're going to get.
Even the scalpers ended up losing money with the Wii U. You can't ever be sure with Nintendo. Hell, the pre-orders for launch day are still not sold out in Europe. It's pathetic.

They are hoping for a Wii era.

Where the casual normie market eats it up.

It's been confirmed that Nintendo is severely undershipping the Switch. It's a pretty safe bet that you will make some money if you scalp on launch day.
Demand might die quickly after and supply will even out but I imagine that first day will be a good money maker.

Fact is the Wii U's failure is going to overshadow the Switch.

Who is going to buy a console, or develop on a console for a company who abandoned a console that entered this generation the first and left the first?

The Switch is too similar with the Wii U to not be constantly compared to it.

>no games
Things I plan to buy in the first year:
Breath of the Wild
Disgaea 5 Complete
I Am Setsuna
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Dragon Quest 10
Dragon Quest 11
Project: Octopath Traveler
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey

I don't know about you, but as an adult with a job, a wife, and a life, I definitely don't need more games than that. Hell, I probably won't even end up having time to get to all of those, though portability helps with that.

>only lasts 2 hours
2.5 to 6.5, depending on what you're doing. They say around 3 hours of playing Breath of the Wild, but closer to the full 6.5 playing something like 1,2 Switch (not that I have any intention to play that ever, but there are other games that will be similar in intensity).

I'm not saying there aren't things to get upset about with the Switch, but these arguments are just stupid. If you want to complain, complain about the actual bullshit.

Paid online through some kind of smartphone app? What the fuck?

The ridiculous pricing of the accessories?

Why the fuck wasn't 1,2 Switch a pack-in?

Why the fuck is the joycon grip it comes with not the same charging grip you can buy for $30?

Why did they put so much money into shit nobody cares about? Improved motion controls are neat and all, but i don't want to pay extra for that bullshit. And the NFC readers? Amiibo are retarded. Fuck that. HD rumble has me curious though, I'll admit.

This picture is heavily edited. I've seen the original, shit is full. This first year had more games coming than I'll have time to play.

>Also I'm poor so I might not play it as much, but at least I have a good pc for multiplats.

so you'll buy a ps4 ( multiplat machine) to play multiplats evn worse?

no wonder you're poor.

You know that this thing is just an underpowered Nvidia Shield right?

>tfw you didn't sell your Wii U a couple weeks before the Switch presentation

I feel dumb, prime time to sell it, now I bet the prices are rock bottom

>TFW I use my shield as a link between my PC and distant TVs and it actually works pretty well

Kinda cool playing Dark Souls on the go.

If you don't want to waste your money on plastic Nintendo crap, you're poor

>No Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Fuck off back to the suburbs you stupid cunt.

A shield with great controllers and Nintendo IP

This is probably my favourite post in this thread so far.

>Disgaea 5
Not exclusive.
>Breath of the Wild
Port of a Wii U game. Not exclusive.
>I Am Setsuna
Not exclusive.
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Port of a Wii U game. Not exclusive.
>Dragon Quest 10
Port of a Wii game. Not exclusive.
>Dragon Quest 11
Not exclusive.
>Project: Octopath Traveler
Might be good, probably won't stay exclusive though.
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2
If they ignore the travesty that was XCX it might have hope.
>Super Mario Odyssey
Looks like the best Mario since Sunshine.

I'll be getting one, but I'm not gonna bullshit myself about the launch lineup, it's pretty dire.

You can use whatever bluetooth controller you want with the shield and it has Nintendo IPs too.

Honestly providing Switch is a replacement to both Wii U and 3DS it will be worth getting simply because of the huge library it will have in a couple years time. No reason to get one on launch for me, I got a Wii U I can play BOTW on which is enough to tide me over.

Can it use the 360 controller? That one was alright

>wagglan
>great controllers

>Sony shitpost force

Why aren't you in Neogaf where you belong?

I got one because I have more money than sense. Although it is ridiculous to charge for online with the features they presented and it has few launch games.

I like it a lot and PC + Switch is the way to go.

You know nothing about how the online is going to work

Lots of money is required to fund an online ecosystem that isn't dogshit. They're not just taking your money for giggles.

Wait until Reggie announces his retarded online and then you can shitpost with confidence.

lol ya bro im totally going to get a no games machine that will get revised+price slashed in a year

You two should be friends.

Idc about the portable bullshit. Just because it's portable it cost $300 fuck that. The switch has no games except Zelda, there's no reason to get a switch at launch, unless you're a die hard zelda fan. No one cares about arms or 1 2 switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the biggest scam ever, no new tracks and 3 new characters lol. Plus the new battle mode but that's only fun with friends but oh guess what it only comes with 1 playable controller. So you have to buy 3 pro controllers $70 each. This whole system is a waste of money with no games to justify.

> and I have Sony for exclusives like bloodborne, yakuza, ...

My sides are in orbit. You fell for the black box collecting dust meme, you retarded faggot.

To be honest, I think its better for me if I wait for the next version. They may get an XL or something with better life battery. Arms looks fun.

To be honest, I care very little about whether or not they're exclusive. For anything I haven't already purchased, the simple fact is that I'd much rather play it on the Switch, purely for the portability factor. I had a PS4 and ended up selling it because I could just never dedicate the time to sit in my couch and play the games.

Barely any Switch games force wagglan user.

>no arms and snipperclips at the very least

Sorry for your shit taste user.

>ecosystem

Stop hanging around on NeoGAF. This is their favorite word.

google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=u3B_WJi-LOPR8geZ7YGQAg&gws_rd=ssl,cr&fg=1#q=ecosystem site:neogaf.com

>wagglan mini game

Epic meme!!!!

>b-b-b-but NEOGAF USES THAT WORD

Well at least you didn't go the sony route I guess?

People in their 20-30's arent gonna buy this for their commute because they are either riding their bike or driving. Its all about the people buying it for their kids. hence MUH SKYRIM.

Depends if they can get third party support or not. Getting a console/handheld for the couple of Nintendo franchises that I actually care about is not worth it.

>because I could just never dedicate the time to sit in my couch and play the games.
Nigga where the fuck DO you sit and play games then? In bed? Please tell me you're not one of those autists that takes handhelds outside or to work.

>Most coverage from famous youtubers is very positive

Easy Allies, Jim, Kindafunny and Giant Bomb seemed fairly negative towards the Switch. Who are you watching?

>the normies will buy it.

Just like the Wii U which was a far less complicated device, huh?

$ too much for the most powerful portable gaming device that comes with built in multiplayer and the Nintendo IP from consoles and handhelds. It can also be put into a dock to play games on the TV

Nintendo's target group? If you've watched their presentation then you'd realize how much of a bait and SWITCH the reveal trailer was. This is still very much a platform tarted at children. Only this time, Nintendo acknowledged the nostalgiafags.

>They will come, major releases in the first year are solid. If you do not like them, come again next year

We legitimately don't know if BotW is a shallow Ubisoft clone or not. Splatoon is only good for a few months until you have to pay for their online service. Mario is just more Mario. People expected Nintendo to come out swinging having abandoned the Wii U to supposedly work on games from the Switch. We've seen none of that. If the games are coming eventually then you might as well wait to buy one.

Jokes on all of you fags

I'm buying a switch for them sweet ass nintendo games.

And I'm also getting a PS4 for AAA singleplayer exclusives.

Idort master race.

I'll probably get one. I want to play Zelda, MK8 and Splatoon, nothing more. Don't care for Mario or japanese shitty shovelware, I just want to get lost playing Zelda and rekt nintentoddlers online

the probably will sadly

Bed and shitter, mostly. I've got no gall bladder and my body never properly adjusted, so I generally spend about 1.5 hours total per day on the shitter.

Also, if I game for more than an hour or so in the living room TV my wife whines the entire time, which really takes away from the enjoyment. She basically has zero hobbies and just watches tv. I probably need a new wife, but that's a different discussion.

I got the $195 gamestop trade in deal with the 5 wiiu games I owned, only paying $20 out of pocket for a Switch, so I'm probably day one. I'll miss my inkling, but I haven't read a good reason why my Splatoon machine was worth keeping when Splatoon 2 is sure to kill off its community.

>sadly
why?

>$300? Sweet, what a nice lil cheap console

kill me

>No games
Don't even start with this meme. Switch has a solid 2017 in terms of games.

>collectors edition
But did you get the Hero Masters edition?

>paying $30 additional dollars for a plastic sword

>using NeoGAF memes.
>using memes at all.

Some fucker on ebay will pay $200 for it in a month

It's pretty sad how both this has games and the PS3 had games, and yet the PS4, the console who had legit no games, is the only one who didn't get the meme.

>300$ is too much for a poorly made, underpowered tablet computer that can only do one job and doesn't do it well

Everything I said is true tho

I'm still waiting for the online sub pricing to be revealed.

If it's more than $25 a year then I will get it at the end of its lifespan and treat it like a glorified GBA.

I gave up on modern consoles years ago and the switch does nothing to make me reconsider that decision.

I haven't owned a console or a handheld console in 12 years. However, I have been thinking of getting something portable since lately I have taken a habbit of playing some games on the bed before going to sleep. Not only that, it would be nice to have a console just for those rare occasions when I have people over.

Switch seems to fill that spot nicely but my biggest worry is the lack of third party support. You can call them casual trash but I do occasionally enjoy Guitar Hero and sports games.

>some fucker
a rich person who is probably far well off than you and doesn't have to care about release dates

he probably will give it to his rich kid to fuck around who will break it

all while you play a shitty game and console

Didn't find one. But another 30$ or so for a map, a coin and a case? Meh.

Except the one thing switch has got is shitloads of third party support. Key points are
>confirmed SMT game
>confirmed platinum game probably bayo 3
>confirmed grasshopper game probably NMH 3
>blazblue/guilty gear
>some kind of dark souls
>capcom games, all new SF2 version, guaranteed monster hunter some time in the future
>squenix RPGs
>ubishit
>a bunch of shit that hasn't been announced yet

All impressions of it as a handheld are glowing and positive. The only negative is battery life and a power bank is a decent bandage.

This except replace Disgaea with ARMS.

>Buying underpowered shitty nintendo garbage
Keep doing it pls I'm having a good laugh.

>the most powerful portable gaming device

I imagine I will almost certainly buy a switch in the coming years but I think day one purchase or even year one purchase is just not on the cards.

Stupid dumb viral marketing scum.

Gotta admit, that screen looks fucking good.

I'm gonna wait until Christmas at the most until I get one. Launch day lineup is weak as fuck and Splatoon 2 won't be out until mid/end-year

pre-ordered, along with pic, because of pic honestly.