Bomb

This is Sophie. She came to steam but nobody wanted her. Say something nice and press F to pay respects to the ports we would've gotten after firis.

Other urls found in this thread:

skidrow-games.com/atelier-sophie-the-alchemist-of-the-mysterious-book-codex/
twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/830138690911432704
steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256689834141198/
store.steampowered.com/app/527270
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it will probably pick up more later on if they fix the optimization issues

Good. Fuck off, weebs.

>PCucks not buying games

Suprising no one.

Because it's free
skidrow-games.com/atelier-sophie-the-alchemist-of-the-mysterious-book-codex/

why would i say anything nice about weebshit

>Wanting weebshit on steam in the first place

Weebshit = cancer
Consoles = cancer
Weebshit belongs on console.

>thinking groups have sites
retard

Alright Sup Forums. Convince me on buying this game.

Considering games like this make back their full budget at 60k copies, this isn't that bad, especially since first day steam spy figures are undervalued.

Arland = Paper Mario
Dusk = Paper Mario TTYD
Sophie = Paper Mario Sticker Stars

I'll let you decide

>Paying full price on Steam

It will make profit eventually, if you're familiar with how Steam works unless you're a massive AAA title(which get bought en masse by twelve year olds at launch) no discerning customer is going to pay full price for your game.

I mean I've wanted Disgaea 2 PC for a while but even the paltry amount their asking for it has kept me from buying it, it's an inevitability it'll be in a sale at some point.

Becuase its garbage and Firis is even more garbage
NoA is alright but repetitive

I'm not into yuri stuff. Unless it's for fapping. I would have bought otherwise.

>Dusk = Paper Mario TTYD
You wish

Are they planning on patching the game soon? I don't wanna get the game with all the issues the game's facing atm.

Where do you think you are?

Isn't it sad, Sophie?

Just nu-Sup Forums posts. Don't waste your (You)s.

>and press F to pay respects to the ports we would've gotten after firis.
>implying

If KT had ever given a shit about what people wanted we would have gotten ports of the older games long ago. And they wouldn't be steaming piles of shit like this port is.
They're only bothering to port these now because Firis is the second-worst selling Atelier ever despite being released on 3 different consoles at launch.

The game has some serious issues and also steam spy isn't accurate until at least some time has passed since release.
I might buy it if it either ends up on sale or they fix all the random problems the game has in a patch.

But buying games on release day isn't for me. Unless it's from a developer known for not fucking it up. Koei Tecmo ain't it.

That's not the yuri one, the yuri one is doing even worse

this is why the playstation will always beat the pc we get games like sophie and buy them. pcucks claim "we want taht too!" then ignore it to play some stupid p2w garbage

thats why the pc is a dying platform that and microshit

can girls love other girls?

The links are legit, I checked them against the torrent.

Maybe if the game didn't melt your CPU people would buy it.

twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/830138690911432704
>A patch addressing the issue where CPU usage unintentionally goes high for Nights of Azure & Atelier Sophie should be available later today.

I bet it won't fix the port being incompetently coded and falsely reporting the FPS.

spbp

Oh I'll have to check it out then. I'm not surprised about that.

They may have a huge markey in japan but moe otaku games have a tiny market in the west. They NEVER going to break 100k sales. Western jrpg gamers grew up playing games like final fantasy 7 and legend of dragoon.

So if you think about it they less then 1 percent then what they could be making if they abandon this moe shit

Atelier games are not good. This isn't the vita. You don't have to like mediocre shit to convince people your platform isn't dead.

Same as neptunia shit.

>You don't have to like mediocre shit to convince people your platform isn't dead.
Explain why PCfags like Undertale then

>They may have a huge markey in japan but moe otaku games have a tiny market in the west.
Neptunia has a tiny market in Japan and a much bigger market in the west.
Atelier does not have a huge market either, the games rarely sell over 100k copies in Japan.

Atelier games were good, before the KT buyout happened. But Sophie is definitely shit.

>Same as neptunia shit.
Despite how shit Atelier has gotten it's still far better than Neptunia.

I really hope they don't take this as a sign that Atelier won't sell on PC.
If they fix it I'll definitely look at picking it up but until then, Its way to poorly optimised.

well I guess these gaming companies satisfied making shit money they make with these games. Its better then working in the factory eh.

>doesn't understand art

oh man, this board

Here we go again.

PC games sell the bulk of their units in the long term because Steam has trained consumers to "wait for the sale".

They don't sell 90% of their units on day one like console games which have limited physical releases and an emphasis on pre-order advertising.

Not every game is FF15 with inflated budgets and massive marketing costs. For many games 30k sales is a fair success.

>Neptuniasteamsales.jpg
There's obviously a big market here for the stuff...but I still don't understand how they think when it comes to what games to buy.

>250 thousand buy Neptunia,
>only 3% of that fanbase is also interested in Atelier.
Makes no sense!

>niche game comes out around shit like Nioh, Re7, and For Honor

Bought it then returned it, I'll wait for a sale since both games are fairly short.

That's probably not just the port. In my experience both Meruru and Totori were poorly coded even on the PS3, so it wouldn't surprise me if that trend continued.

to be fair Sophie is one of the worst Ateliers, and most people who wanted it already bought it on other Vita/PS4

Neptunia had marketing and a decent PC port. Atelier had neither of those.

>Yakuza
>Small amount of japanese influence

Why would I buy a censored version of an eroge?

It's not a group site but they've been doing it for years so it's pretty much a "legitimate" pirating site. Somebody is just cashing in on the name.

it runs like ass.

I would have bought it otherwise.

>That's probably not just the port.
Why do you chime in when you have no clue what you're talking about?
steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256689834141198/

Neptunia PC port wasn't decent on release, I forgot what the exact bugs in it were, but it had a couple of ones which were temporarily game breaking (needed to reload game to bypass the bugs).

It was probably better than Atelier, though. I haven't tried Atelier to tell for certain.

Adding on to this they didn't even fucking try with the port job, its lazy and shouldn't be supported

The fact there was no launch week discount also hurt these early sales. Even a 10% discount tends to help when it comes to early adopters.

6000 sales is still more than the amount of sales Sophie had on Vita though.

I didn't say "it's not the port", I said it's not just the port. Atelier games don't strike me as coding masterpieces even on other platforms like PS3 to which they were exclusive at the time.

All your link is telling me is that people are whining about the port, which they should be. The bad coding, however, very likely extends beyond the port if old Atelier games are anything to go by.

When will publishers stop falling for the meme that is PC """gaming"""
They need to stop devoting resources to all these PCucks who will only pirate it, or wait for it to be $.99 on sale.

Neptunia does have one thing on Atelier though, Idea Factory gives a fairly big launch discount on their games while Sophie didn't get any at all.

If they had to try with port you wouldn't see it in the first place.
The only reason we get niche jap games on steam is because you can pretty much port them (or any other current gen console game) over a wekk, rework menus a bit and then sell 10 thousand copies and still make profit.

This shit is so niche and has such a small market nobody is going to try.

Neptunia's PC port ran fairly well on a technical level, and the staff had open and active communication, which is another thing KT consistently fail at. IFI acknowledged the problems and promised fixes immediately, which is important for trying to sell a product with known issues. They also then started pushing fixes three days after release.

The bundle with NoA was discounted, but was naturally more expensive than a single purchase. Neptunia also had pre-purchase bonuses, whereas this doesn't. The Steam forums are full of people saying they have no reason to buy it now.

Yes, but I was specifically talking about the shit coding they've done on the port which is why it's falsely reporting FPS, which obviously isn't a problem shared with the console versions.

This is Sophie, she was in a game not even vita waifu shit eaters wanted to play.
Her creators whored her little alchemist body out to recoup their investment.

And you know this how? Does the console version even report FPS? To my knowledge you need to use external devices to determine the FPS and frame times on a console.

>rework menus a bit
They didn't even bother with that. Hell, they're so incompetent that you have to use WASD to move, arrow keys for menu selections, and numpad for camera control. There's no mouse or rebinding support.

Steamspy isn't good for newly released titles.

Come back in a week and complain again if its still at 6k

>he doesnt know gust is only 30 people dev

Also sophie already sold 200k in the WW

so I downloaded azure. What can I expect?

>Also sophie already sold 200k in the WW
It sold ~80k in Japan. Where are you getting your numbers for the other 120k? It sure as fuck isn't from western sales.

Tedious combat and dull fetch quests with lesbians.

>I paid 10 dollars for 35 games, I'm saving the industry!

Steam spy updates once a day.
Those are yesterdays numbers.

And Toukiden 2.
Is getting ported to PC.
Despite sealing only 20k copies.

>There seems to be some misconceptions in regards to Steam Spy, and I'd like to clear them up. The first is with the numbers it reports on release day. These are never accurate until final adjustments two weeks after the game has been launched on Steam. This is primarily due to refunds and other measures, such as the game not being recorded as "played" because it may not have been launched yet. The second is that Steam Spy is limited on how I can pull numbers, which is through Public Profiles only. Friend Only an Private Profiles cannot be scanned by the methods I use. This also means that Steam Spy's total players, as far as sales go, can be quite far off. In reality, only 15% of Steam users have Public Profiles, as seen in Valve's Dev Days slides cited below. However, the "Plays in the last 2 weeks" statistic comes from Valve's public API data, and can be considered 100% accurate. It's best to look at Steam Spy's data as an estimation and not an absolute.

Now fuck off.

>It's best to look at Steam Spy's data as an estimation and not an absolute.
Yes, and we can estimate that it only sold 6000 copies.

I already beat sophie.

Release the one I haven't played yet.

Not sure if you're retarded or trolling. Sophie had the highest-selling launch in Japan for the Atelier series.

>only 15% of Steam users have Public Profiles
>Steam Spy scans profiles to see if they own the game
>only 15% of Steam users have Public Profiles

Honestly, this isn't just Sophie's fault for being a bad game or a bad port. It's just that Steam at this point is now overcrowded with moe games that people will just think it's another Neptunia clone, and those who are aware of it, already played it on consoles and know it's a bad atelier game. It's literally dead on arrival.

Even with Neptunia, Megadimension Nep V2 sold only a fraction of Rebirth 1. I remember the game hitting 100k in a few months, but V2 atm is struggling to even break past 60k after several months.

I'm talking in the west, fucking Vitacuck. There's a reason why so many companies give your shitty handheld the middle fingers nowadays.

Because it has one of the highest attach rates of any console ever?

Weebs almost always have public profiles. I should know.....

What do you think the "± 2,260" is for, you dumb fuck?

Lol, the same 400 people are playing the game up to now. This is just sad.

literally who

Do you have a source on that? I want it for future threads.

No it didn't, Meruru sold better and was released on only one console, unlike Sophie's 3.

A 3-day old weeb game with zero adverts scored 5-6k players on Steam, I'd say it is quite the achievement.

good

that'll teach them to port over shit games.

when did the shift to undertale is shit start

The fault is in KT's absolutely abysmal marketing. Just look at the goddamn Steam page.
store.steampowered.com/app/527270
>8 screenshots, none even show the alchemy system
>Only video is the game's OP, zero gameplay demonstration
>Two sentence description that tells you nothing about the game

No one who isn't already familiar with Atelier will give this a second look. KT are just doing the same stupid shit they always do and sending the game off to die.

it makes sense when you are koei "stop making nude skins of our almost naked girls playing volleyball" tecmo

For comparison, Tales of Berseria launched at 15k with worse adverts. It didn't even show in the top 5 upcoming games or the top sellers, whereas Sophie is still on the recommendations and new released games. There's also the fact that ToB had to compete with RE7.

>port over shit games
>PC peeps can smell the shit a mile away
>dont buy shit
>console peeps: DIZ IS WHY U DONT GIT GAMES PCUKS!!!!

maybe if they ported over games that we actually wanted, and it works.

>Port over Valkyria Chronicles
>it sells
>Port over Dragons Dogma
>it sells
>port over shit games that pander to waifufags
>it dont sell

you see what I'm getting at?

>367015941
>I'm shitposting on Sup Forums for (you)s I'm saving the industry

Tales is a far bigger franchise than Atelier and is much better known in the west. That it only sold 2.5x what Sophie did is actually bizarre.

>DBZ
>Small amount
It's what fucking defined shounen anime. It's as anime as you can get.

You do know that they already made their money a long time ago, and pulled together a quick port that most likely cost less than 20k to make.

Tales of is a bigger series, and Berseria's PC launch was alongside the PS4 launch. Many of the people who wanted Sophie played it half a year ago.

Berseria was also on the newly released games list.

If it's so easy they'd port a lot more games

Those 15% are still a big enough amount of people and unless people with private profiles have drastically different purchasing habits nothing would change.