Are they the last good american video game company left?

are they the last good american video game company left?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHA7REPFlQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>""""""""""""american"""""""""""

Miku pizza

they were founded by americans, its an american company.

dumb faggot

>mfw I want to say no, but they've actually been doing a pretty decent job the past couple years
Didn't they get a new president recently or something? Either way I hope they keep it up.

Its Hawaiian progenitor Standard Games was, its relocated/renamed/re-everything'd location years later was Tokyo with a bunch of Japs.

I wouldn't put it in the same boat as Epic Games, Blizzard, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc

There's no Skies of Arcadia 2 or Jet Set Radio Forever so no. Fuck them.

Why aren't they making their games available America then?

its hard to make a sequel of a game that no one bought in the first place

SoA? I guess, they at least listen to fans, aren't location-biased and ignore the ess-jay-doubleyou's. Still only after your money like everybody else though.

SoJ however is as arrogant as ever.

>VC3 remains unlocalized
>Pushed VC:R instead of another mainline game

yeah no

What's the point of listening to your fans, if you got no say or pull in granting their wishes? SoA is pretty damn useless

I thought it was called Service Games.
Hence SeGa

>Yakuza
>Anne: The Video Game
>Two Sanic games

Pretty solid start for Sega this year.

Because no money.
Sega still has talent and the will to make original games.
They just don't have the money to produce and/or publish them

Service Games is what japan changed the name to before they shortened it to Sega

Oh, ok.

Sega has been a rotten corpse for close to two decades.

One good game every 5 years doesn't make up for shit. Can't wait for the next garbage 3D Sonic game.

>Sega has been a rotten corpse for close to two decades.

they have made and published at least 50 good games during that time. if you dont like sega you dont like video games, simple as that.

>American Company
>Can't make their games available to America

This is why we don't consider them american

>they have made and published at least 50 good games during that time.
Name them. Right now.

I don't like the new "press X too boost" sonic games that came after unleashed, but Sega is starting to hit its targets.
Generations and Colors are great.

Lost Worlds is a bland as fuck game but the gameplay aspect, the platforming is top notch.
Only needs the rest.

Pls Sega don't kill Amplitude
I like the Endless lore and I'm a Frenchfag

Rush and Rush Adventure were great games

>american company

Is sega of america still a thing? I know the western department of sonic team no longer exists and there is no longer sega of europe.

Does sega still have production studios outside of japan?
And no, outsource studios doesn't count

Nope like none

I'm talking about more recently.
The last really bad sonic platformer was Sonic 06.
Unleashed was half good, half bland. But it wasn't bad.

And the Wii exclusives are glitchy yes, but still fun and different.

>Can't wait for the next garbage 3D Sonic game.
The next 3D Sonic game will have apparently been in development for nearly 4 years by the time it's released. Considering the typical amount of time spent making Sonic games is 1.5 to 2 years, maybe Sega has actually decided to stop spewing out shitty Sonic games assembly line-style and actually make sure they're produced to some level of quality.

somebody at sega said the plan this year is to port more classic games to pc. they even bought a studio for that purpose.

give my rez hd pc port.

>Sega has been a rotten corpse for close to two decades

Oh please. Thats only sonic and who gives a fuck about sonic after 2006 unless you have genuine low functioning autism?

Yhey made alot of good stuff last gen
>Yakuza any game
>Binary Domain
>Valkyria Cronicles
Total War shogun
>Those miku games if you are into them

>give my rez hd pc port.
Oh god yes plz. The 360 version already looked and sounded great, imagine at 4K.

They're not very good when it comes to actually managing a company and a ton of IPs but they are really cool compared to other companies. Use any of their copyrighted shit in a non-profit way and they'll cheer you on. Really down to earth guys

Abe promised a new genesis.

>Oh please. Thats only sonic and who gives a fuck about sonic after 2006 unless you have genuine low functioning autism?

you have a small penis, i get it bro.

There's a PS4 VR version of it. Maybe sega can port that shit at least.

Lets hope that they think that Vanquish is a classic game by now

1. Sega Bass Fishing
2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
3. Dynamite Cop
4. Deep Fear
5. Crazy Taxi
6. Space Channel 5
7. Samba de Amigo
8. ChuChu Rocket!
9. The Typing of the Dead
10. Shenmue
11. Sega Marine Fishing
12. Virtua Tennis
13. Outtrigger
14. Jet Set Radio
15. Skies of Arcadia
16. Rez
17. Super Monkey Ball
18. F Zero GX
19. Phantasy Star Online
20. Otogi: Myth of Demons
21. Jet Set Radio Future
22. Condemned: Criminal Origins
23. Bayonetta
24. Virtua Fighter 4
25. Yakuza 0
26. MadWorld
27. Ghost Squad
28. Gunvalkyrie
29. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
30. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
31. Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
32. Panzer Dragoon Orta
33. Shenmue II
34. Beach Spikers
35. Yakuza 2
36. Sonic Advance
37. Sonic Advance 2
38. Sonic Advance 3
39. Valkyria Chronicles
40. Binary Domain
41. Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone
42. Alpha Protocol
43. Resonance of Fate
44. Vanquish
45. Puyo Puyo Tetris
46. Full Auto
47. The House of the Dead 2
48. Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram
49. Shinboi
50. Virtua Tennis 2

there are some hints about it and some guy at platinum games said it is possible.

Can they port Resonance of Fate? I played it when it was released but never finished it.

Platinumgaems rep. said that if SEGA decides to make a pc port, they'll make one.

>Binary Domain
Sad how this game never got any attention.

They originally made their machines in Japan in the 50s for the same reason everything is made in China now.

Sega is barely above Atari. Except instead of exploiting their old IPs to make shit games Sega just sits on their ass and makes barely anything, and when they do they don't bring it to the US. Funny since Sega's biggest fans were in the West and yet they outside of Sonic and their Western PC strategy games they never give their Western fans anything unless Sony or Nintendo foots the bill. Probably the biggest example of how retarded Japanese companies can be.

>Sega is barely above Atari

thats an overstatement if i ever saw one. atari solely exists as a brand name and nothing else.

What about PSO

Where the FUCK is my Vanquish port, motherfuckers? WHERE IS IT?

Damn son, you just got BTFO like no tomorrow. You're probably dead now from that sick burn.

That game is trash and fuck Sup Forums for telling me that trash heap was going to play like burning rangers/gunvalkyrie. Generic garbage modern shooter with qte.

>That game is trash
I'm sorry mommy isn't back from work yet, but we're not your babysitters. We don't have to give you attention.

Naw kid. I'm just throwing the warning out anytime I see that trash heap mentioned. Cancer like you try to give that game credit by comparing it to burning rangers and gunvalkyrie like I said. It's nothing like those games.

i bet you never finish god hard or tactical challenge
you fucking real trash

>You have to play this QTE garabge modern shooter on all difficulties before you have an opinion
HAHAHaHAH ahahaha AHAH hahA holy shit you're serious. Absolute cancer.

>QTE garabge
>vanquish
Why even bother posting about games you've never played? Why do retards do this?

It's sad how you cancer will blatantly lie about games. youtube.com/watch?v=UHA7REPFlQs

It's not like it's full of QTEs, the game is nonstop action. Stop trying to discuss games you've only seen on youtube, retard.

The game is a generic shooter. I fail to see the action. Unless you mean the move forward and camp gameplay until you get cutsceene or qte as action. Pretty standard cancer shit.