Le Burger Translation

>le Burger Translation
Seriously how did they fuck up this badly??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this bait? Do you not know about the legal issues they wanted to avoid?

Because Mike Tyson was a big name and Capcom's localisers didn't want the company to get sued.

vega sound spanish I don't see the problem

American names fit better
>boxer is a ruthless powerhouse, so he's named after a monster
>claw is beautiful so he gets an elegant name
>dictator has a fancy uniform on so he gets a first name, almost like a title

Ironic since spanish doesn't even have a genuine "v" sound.

It's this reason and it's only this reason.

He knows. He's just so fucking retarded and has so little to do with his life that he looked for the first most mundane thing he could think of to start a thread on Sup Forums.

why didnt they just change the names? Instead giving them to wrong characters?

Should have been

>M. Bison
>Vega
>Balrog

He knows, just report it and move on

Because the names were probably graphics instead of a text font and Capcom's localisation budget was not high enough/they just didn't care and decided instead to cycle around a few names.

that would make sense

They didn't want to call M. Bison (the black fellow) such in USA for fears of racism but thought if they didn't change the names entirely it wouldn't cause a fuss (changed names would have been known about in Magazines, 'mistranslations' though...)

Objectively wrong.

The letter V exists but it is pronounced more closely to B than V

It's like R/L in Japanese

Do you want to get sued by Don King?

Because not changing the name is how you get sued by Don King.

>Urien was supposed to be called Julian
>could have finally had a good video game character with my name but they fucked it
>tfw

Julian is gay as fuck compared to Urien though
Sorry dude

in Japan, the star we call Vega is known as Orihime. the star Altair is called Hikoboshi.

There's a legend about two lovers who become separated Rome & Juliet style, and turn into stars in the sky - Orihime is the woman.

It's my theory that Bison (Vega) was born a woman, and the Dictator body we see so commonly isn't the original one. This explains why Rose (a female) shares half of Bison's soul, and why Bison was grooming Cammy as a potential body replacement.

I had to read this post three times before I realized you weren't writing "Donkey Kong"

I never understood why claw/balrog who is obsessed with his own physical beauty would have the name of a monster.

Aw is this your first time shitposting?

How can they face sues when translating the same game as nips?

retard

Why the fuck are nips obsessed with trannies?

youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg

While this doesn't come outright and say it, I think you can draw some conclusions. He calls himself "Balrog" because he knows he's a monster. And he prides himself on his beauty because it's all he has left from his father and mother. Of course, along the way these ideas became corrupted, resulting in the sadistic narcissist you see in the games.

I know it's just a fan-film, but it got played at EVO, and does a better job of establishing backstory than anything Capcom has ever officially put out.

at least you have a good Star Trek Character

They could have simply erase the "M." in "M. Bison" leaving it just as Bison and avoid this stupid shit.

Eres retrasado mental?

>people don't know that Boxer won all the names in a card bet and switched them around in order to avoid debt/legal troubles

>The letter V exists but it is pronounced more closely to B than V

You are mentally retarded. V and B are they're own thing. B sounds plosive in Spanish. Vaca(cow) and baca(roof in some countries), are completely different V/B sounds.

Vallase al carajo pendejo.

It's true. The letters aren't their own independent sprites, you can see in the internal data that the names on the VS screen are made with sprites that consist of half of one letter and half of another

>vallese
stupid chicano you aren't doing any favors for your argument

>the name that's closer to "urine" is better

Why didn't Sagat get his name switch around aswell? Also why is Akuma called Gouki in Japan? Isn't "Akuma" also a japanese word?

No. v and b are pronounced exactly the same.
Also:
>vallase

don't you mean "vayase"?
jajajaja

Gouki means Strength. There's a character in Grappler Baki names the same, incidentally.

But it was changed to Akuma, meaning "devil", because they knew Gouki would get confused with Goku.

Underage shitstains pls go

that's a really funny post, mind if I use it in the future?

SSF2T came out like 2 years before DBZ exploded in popularity.

Should've kept the jap names. I'd be fine with going back but americans are weirdly sensitive about this topic.

so you saw the shitty thread earlier about trump vs vega and learned that japan had different names (worse ones, at that. the NA and EU version fit the characters so much better) and you decided to make your own shitty thread, huh? fuck off.

It's capcom who loves the stupid nameswap with them

Just look at the airfield stage in SF4