Runescape

Does anyone play Runescape anymore? I've been browsing through Steam the past few days but there's nothing appealing to me.

I thought about playing Runescape again but I'm painfully aware the grindfest that it is

RS3 is terrible and OSRS is depressing. It isn't like how you remember it back in the day.

It's really not that much of a grindfest is you plan out what you're gonna do. I got these stats in just under a month of play, and this was after I hadn't played Runescape in years.

Yeah, I figured.

I just can't find any sort of game generally like it to sink a lot of time into. Not necessarily even looking for an MMO

I should mention I also got 124 quest points in that time too

Hmm...It's a game were your brain tricks you into thinking you are accomplishing menial tasks when in fact you are 100% wasting time. But then again most video games are like that.

RS3 is literally like eating shit, consuming human waste product.

OSRS is like this guy said. Not how you remember it the magic is gone. It feels like a private server. There is not much they can do because they can't just stop updating it because it would be boring.

I play RS3 now after I had a few accounts on 07. 07 was great for the nostalgia sake but I eventually wanted to do something a little different, RS3 is pretty good if you just give it a chance.

Neither are amazing but the main issue with RS3/07 is you're basically going to be the lowest level at any given moment, I swear everyone left playing is either maxed or near-maxed.

>I swear everyone left playing is either maxed or near-maxed.
This is because they feel held hostage by the game. They have spent thousands of hours playing and can't stop now. They delude themselves into liking the game. Same with those people who still play WoW because they can't let go.

Literally the most pathetic thing imaginable.

>his highest stat is 75
Sweet, you're way less than halfway to 99.

Can confirm this.

Friend of mine has literally spent over £3000 buying RSgold over the last 4 years, he only plays because he doesn't want to feel like he's 'wasted' the money.
He hates playing but he's put so much time and money into it that he needs to justify it to himself.

Less than a 10th of the way there

>Not how you remember it the magic is gone

This is because of you. There are people out there that have just discovered OSRS and enjoy it just as much as we did as kids.

>I'm not one of them
At least something went right

Wintertodt is so good for FM that I would have got to 80 if I didn't force myself to do quests and get other levels

Rs3 is pretty cool walk around and see how things have changed, but try and do anything other than grind and the whole engine shows how terrible it is

that's fuckin hilarious

you literally are not even a 10th of a way through the real grind, shit doesn't start to get real until the 80's, you will be wanting to end your life by the 90's.

i was naive like you, just drop it while you can

There aren't many. 80% are old players.

Despite what others are saying, RS3 is actually pretty gud. Still has great quests and a ton of shit to do if you want to. The biggest issue is that the game engine shows it ages horrifically and that the MTX that they have a really annoying.

If you want to experience the nostalgia of the OSRS, give it a try. But personally I don't like it.

>you literally are not even a 10th of a way through the real grind, shit doesn't start to get real until the 80's, you will be wanting to end your life by the 90's.

ok, and? I didn't say anything about it being easy or even mention higher level play. I don't know where you're getting all this gusto from, you fucking fag

Last year I grinded 3 skills to 99 before I realized all I was doing was shooting for some arbitrary number that held no real value and a fucking cape.

I really should play again since I'm over a year due on getting my 10 year cape

>it's not really that much of a grindfest
>the game actually is
nice one, animeposter

>98 to 99 takes as long as 1 to 98

>he doesnt play vscape

vscape?

This meme has always set me off.

1-98 would take "30 days" and 98-99 would take "3 days" despite exp.

Fucking retards. Time matters, not exp.

Playing OSRS right now. Going for 99 fishing.

Is wintertodt a meme?

it's a private server run by Sup Forumsirgins with double xp and meme spouting other then that it's pretty vanilla

Where did this meme come from?
Some methods of high-level training can net you 1m+ xp an hour.

In fact training Overloads for Herblore is about 560k an hour, even more if you use portables...

>dfw someone steals your RS account and got farther in it than you

Todt is profitable and less effort than regular log burning with competitive xp.

i understand this isn't really the board on which to say this, but if you can't find a game to sink your time into then why not find another activity? why force yourself to play video games?

Factually incorrect.
1-91 is the same as
91-99

Still a painful curve, but there's so many good methods at high levels that it's really not that bad.

>tfw i wasted 8 years of my life playing rs

JUST

oh well

Wat. 98 is like 11m xp and 99 is 13m, not even close to double

Does OldSchool have a 10 year cape, or only rs3?

Played Runescape from 2006-2011. Had to quit because it became an addiction.
The last thing I remember was being pissed off about the Squeal of Fortune

Yes

I'm playing it RIGHT NOW, OP.